PDA

View Full Version : At the Beauty Salon

Deborah_UK
03-02-2007, 06:18 PM
I have had my back and chest waxed (and previously sugared) since 1999, the person who used to do it had no inkling about Deb - even after I went to her and her husband's fancy dress millennium party en femme. But she quit her business and I have been seeing someone else since.

A (her initial) now waxes my back, chest and eyebrows and yesterday she joked about doing my legs too - I didn't have the heart to say I already shave those!.

I also had a manicure from her and without prompting she used clear polish on my nails.

She is friends with my partner (who has known of Deb since date 3 in 1999) - I want to come out to A because we have become friends over the last couple of years, but I am reticent to do so because I don't want to betray my partner's trust - she is already joking that A is my new girlfriend, A didn't have much work on yesterday and we spent three hours just chatting!

I'm not really seeking advice or anything - just had to tell someone!!! :happy:

RobertaFermina
03-02-2007, 08:58 PM
Heard you from across the pond, dear.

Sounds like you have a relaxed and trusting relationship with A and your partner, and know both are worth preserving. Smart Girl!

I do love those short and long chats at the Salon!

Be Well!

:rose: Roberta :rose:

Lovely Rita
03-03-2007, 06:25 PM
No advice to give but I must say it is very interesting.

Deborah_UK
03-04-2007, 04:08 AM
Thinking back on the day, my nails were quite long and she asked how long I wanted them (and commented on their good condition).

I wonder if she does know/has guessed but is too polite to say anything in case she upsets me? (which of course it wouldn't).

Gina_darling
03-04-2007, 08:18 AM
Sounds like you have a good relationship going there. I'm curious as to why it would betray your partner's trust to tell A? Maybe you and your partner could tell A about Deb together? I haven't been in this situation myself so my advice may not be worth too much :P but I would imagine it would make your trips to the beauty salon more enjoyable, get some nice nail polish etc.

Deborah_UK
03-04-2007, 05:18 PM
Sounds like you have a good relationship going there. I'm curious as to why it would betray your partner's trust to tell A? Maybe you and your partner could tell A about Deb together?

Its a hard one to explain, and although she accepts me for who I am, she doesn't totally accept the concept of my transgenderism. She is tolerant in her way, but when, for instance, I've suggested we go to Manchester's Gay village she baulks at it, not wanting to see homosexuality and transgendered people "in her face" (for want of a better phrase). The longer she has known me the less she wants to see of Deb, even though we go shopping for femme items together and for Christmas she bought me a whole set of make-up brushes etc.

I think she jokes about A being "my girlfriend" but I think she is threatened by it as well. I find A very attractive but I only want her as a friend and probably just as a girl friend in the sense that I can talk about girl things with her.

I don't know if this makes any sense, and when I first opened the thread was just happy in what was going on, but now I'm beginning to question both my current relationship and the feeling behind why I want to come out to A

PS my partner and I are not married, nor do we live together, and the relationship has become more sisterly than physical