PDA

View Full Version : I Just Want Clean Clothes

CaptLex
03-02-2007, 08:55 PM
This is so silly . . . it's taken me several days to get up the motivation to go down to the laundromat in my building's basement and do my laundry. It's not that I mind doing it - in fact, I usually like it, and it's great to have clean clothes, it's just that I don't feel like interacting with my neighbors. Crazy, huh? And I'm not antisocial - I'm friendly enough, I think - I just know that since I'll probably be running into some neighbors, I'll want to present as male as possible, and it's such a chore to "butch up" (binder, etc.) just to do the wash. But I did it. It took me 2-1/2 hours of pushing myself before I got out the door, but it's done. I just dread having to go through this again next week. :p

pocoyo
03-02-2007, 09:00 PM
Oh I know how you feel.
The amount of things I avoid due to not feeling comfortable about myself/because of the effort involved....

It's pretty funny that you're smelly though

Felix
03-03-2007, 04:13 AM
I feel for you my friend :hugs: :hugs: but it's great that ya managed it and ya will feel better now that ya can dress the way ya need to. Keep up the good work hun :thumbsup: xx Felix :hugs:

Kate Simmons
03-03-2007, 06:20 AM
Gee Cap, If we lived closer I'd do your laundry for you. In fact it would be kind of neat for me to proudly do a guy's laundry. Would kind of validate me, you know? Besides, I'd do anything for my handsome Captain, what gal wouldn't?;) :hugs: :battingeyelashes:

CaptLex
03-03-2007, 10:13 AM
Gee Cap, If we lived closer I'd do your laundry for you. In fact it would be kind of neat for me to proudly do a guy's laundry. Would kind of validate me, you know? Besides, I'd do anything for my handsome Captain, what gal wouldn't?;) :hugs: :battingeyelashes:
Awww, you're so sweet, Sal. I guess it's one of those things I just have to get used to. I need to suck it up and get it over with. Thanks for the offer, though. :hugs:

pocoyo
03-03-2007, 10:20 AM
Ha ha ha I just read this thread again, I'm sorry that my reply was so unsympathetic "It's pretty funny that you're smelly" ahaha I'm so horrible :lol2: (and obviously you're not really smelly lol!)
You know I love ya really :heehee:
*can't stop chuckling*

Kate Simmons
03-03-2007, 10:29 AM
Ha ha ha I just read this thread again, I'm sorry that my reply was so unsympathetic "It's pretty funny that you're smelly" ahaha I'm so horrible :lol2: (and obviously you're not really smelly lol!)
You know I love ya really :heehee:
*can't stop chuckling*Ya know Poc, typically guys don't like doing laundry. Washing and drying is okay but the folding and ironing is tedious.This is why this Rich/Sal thing is so scary.Rich actually enjoys doing laundry now. Must have "rubbed off" from the femme side. Geez, like Rodney, I get no respect(from even myself)!:raisedeyebrow:

CaptLex
03-03-2007, 10:34 AM
You're not horrible, Poc. I was glad you made a joke out of it - helps to put things in perspective. What's more important, having clean clothes or having to dress up for the neighbors? I just have to remember that next time. I actually like doing laundry, although Salandra is right, I hate ironing. I'd happily pay someone to do my ironing. Besides whoever heard of a pirate doing laundry. :heehee:

Kieron Andrew
03-03-2007, 10:39 AM
You're not horrible, Poc. I was glad you made a joke out of it - helps to put things in perspective. What's more important, having clean clothes or having to dress up for the neighbors? I just have to remember that next time. I actually like doing laundry, although Salandra is right, I hate ironing. I'd happily pay someone to do my ironing. Besides whoever heard of a pirate doing laundry. :heehee:
i never iron! EVER.......

pocoyo
03-03-2007, 10:42 AM
hehehe! @ u 3.

I never iron either. EVER. Much to my mum's annoyance haha :heehee:

Kate Simmons
03-03-2007, 10:44 AM
That's what Rum wenches are for Cap. Although, while ironing, I usually consider the quality of the Rum. Usually it ends up iron one shirt, drink one pint of rum--you get the picture. The laundry basket and keg usually get emptied about the same time.:cheers: :battingeyelashes:

CaptLex
03-03-2007, 10:47 AM
That's what Rum wenches are for Cap. Although, while ironing, I usually consider the quality of the Rum. Usually it ends up iron one shirt, drink one pint of rum--you get the picture. The laundry basket and keg usually get emptied about the same time.:cheers: :battingeyelashes:

LOL - I'll have to remember to stock up on rum if I ever have to iron again (can't remember what decade I did it last). Strange thing: my son likes to iron, so that comes in handy for me. I wonder where he gets it? :p

Charleen
03-04-2007, 08:36 AM
Excuse me, but what is this ironing that you speak of?

Kieron Andrew
03-04-2007, 08:56 AM
dont ask me i havent a clue:heehee:

Wendy me
03-04-2007, 11:01 AM
wow 14 clueless posts here ...... no one can solve the problem here to the wash thingy...... don't do the wash.... simple go shopping and buy all new things.... see that was soooooo easy.....

bi_weird
03-04-2007, 05:09 PM
Heya Capt yeah I can see where you're coming from. I'm too lazy to bother presenting very male OR female most days lately. Just wear everything more times between washings - that's the college students answer
P.S. guys I'm BACK! I'll try to post some Key Largo pictures so, though my computer is broken (didn't unplug it while I was gone and there was a lightening storm - silly me) so it may be a while. For now I'll leave you with this thought: for the past week, it averaged about 75 and party sunny, with a cool breeze off the ocean. Now is the time to be jealous. :-)

Girlieboy
03-05-2007, 02:48 AM
Not crazy at all! I can quite understand and appreciate your feelings

kerrianna
03-05-2007, 03:02 AM

I think it has something to do with these:

CaptLex
03-05-2007, 11:17 AM
I think it has something to do with these:
LOL, Kerrianna - I'd rather wear those than do ironing.

Thanks, Girlieboy. :happy:

Wendy, I think you've solved the problem. :heehee:

Welcome back, Bi! Missed you. And, yes, I'm very jealous - especially today . . . it's freezing here. I look forward to seeing your pics. I've wanted to see Key Largo ever since I saw the movie. I went to Key West once and almost cried when I had to leave. Did you run into any pirates? :tongueout

bi_weird
03-05-2007, 01:51 PM
No pirates, but we did get to go to a pirate museum, which was awesome. Got to see an actual Jolly Roger and everything! If I wasn't so cheap I'd've come back with a pirate tie...but I'm too broke for that.

Siobhan Marie
03-05-2007, 04:28 PM
Hey Cap, you're more than welcome to add your laundry to mine as I love ironing, its just so theraputic.

:hugs: Anna Marie x

CaptLex
03-05-2007, 05:19 PM
No pirates, but we did get to go to a pirate museum, which was awesome. Got to see an actual Jolly Roger and everything! If I wasn't so cheap I'd've come back with a pirate tie...but I'm too broke for that.

Oooh, a pirate museum! :D Now I'm jealous of that too.

Anna Marie, you're on the other side of the pond, aren't you? I'll have to ship you my stuff . . . and it will probably wrinkle again on the return trip. :heehee: Thanks for the offer, though.

Siobhan Marie
03-05-2007, 05:34 PM
Don't worry Lex, you ship it on over and it'll come back all nicely ironed and smelling wonderful. I know cos I'll pack it properly.

CaptLex
03-05-2007, 05:36 PM
Don't worry Lex, you ship it on over and it'll come back all nicely ironed and smelling wonderful. I know cos I'll pack it properly.

Hey, that might work - then the only one I have to dress up for is the mailman. :heehee:

Siobhan Marie
03-06-2007, 04:56 PM
Sounds like a plan to me. Mind you if I got dressed up for the postie, I think the poor man would end up either traumatised or in therapy!! So when does Anna's International Laundry open for business? I extend this invitation to all my brothers who hate doing the washing and ironing as I love it.

Abraxas
03-06-2007, 05:07 PM
I don't mind doing the washing, so much. It's the folding, hanging, and putting-away of clothes that I hate.
So I don't. I just leave them in the laundry basket until I've worn them. Hehe
My mum hates it.

Siobhan Marie
03-06-2007, 05:17 PM
Send them to Anna's International Laundry and they'll be returned freshly ironed, folded and smelling heavenly. Just be sure to put them away.

Adam
03-06-2007, 06:21 PM
my mum does mine :tongueout

Abraxas
03-06-2007, 06:39 PM
My mum would do my laundry if I made sure it was sorted for her before the weekend. She just won't put it away for me. *giggle*

Adam
03-06-2007, 06:41 PM
saturday i take the lundry basket from the bathroom to the kitchin then
my mum leaves mine in the dining room along with everyone else i take them to everyones room for them haha i am so greatfull she does it :D

CaptLex
03-08-2007, 11:23 AM
I told my therapist about my laundry room dilemma and I thought he'd tell me I was being silly. Instead, he told me that's a good thing. He said it shows that I'm committed to my transition because I feel I have to make sure that I always present as male - even when it feels like a chore. So that made me feel better. :D

pocoyo
03-08-2007, 11:39 AM
Awwww that's good then! :D

Siobhan Marie
03-08-2007, 12:57 PM
Awwww that's good then!

I agree with Pocs as that has to be a good thing. I think that I'll be the same when I start mine.

John
03-08-2007, 02:05 PM
I shair you're pain.

I put my binder in the laundry today:heehee: , so had to go down to the laundret in a bra (God, i forgot how much I hate those things:mad:), which is about as femail as you can get, I supose...

CaptLex
03-08-2007, 02:09 PM
I shair you're pain.

I put my binder in the laundry today:heehee: , so had to go down to the laundret in a bra (God, i forgot how much I hate those things:mad:), which is about as femail as you can get, I supose...
Ack, a bra! Time to get a new binder, Joshua. :tongueout

false_dichotomy
03-09-2007, 01:15 AM
Yeah, I hate it that I feel the need to bind just to do something so simple as taking out the trash or doing laundry. it's frustrating... but nice to be able to see it as sort of a "good thing."

I don't mind doing the washing, so much. It's the folding, hanging, and putting-away of clothes that I hate.
So I don't. I just leave them in the laundry basket until I've worn them. Hehe

Haha, that's me too. I actually bought myself a second laundry basket because of this...

Unlike most every other guy here, I do like to iron. Or maybe it's more that I hate wrinkles. Who knows.

-Neil

John
03-09-2007, 06:50 AM
Ack, a bra! Time to get a new binder, Joshua. :tongueout

I'm in the proces of making on right now.

MJ
03-10-2007, 06:20 PM
well i understand how you feel i am the same way, there was no way i could do my laundry as a guy and to just put on makeup forms etc is way too much work. but i had to do it