PDA

View Full Version : What have I done now????

Helen in OK
03-02-2007, 09:17 PM
This afternoon, I had to go into town to get a replacement dsl modem. Just over a mile to the west of the computer store is a shopping mall with a MAC counter in one of the department stores. So here I go in in drab, and set up an appointment for a makeover. I told the makeup artist I had $200 to spend, so if she wanted to sell the brush kit she we would have to keep the makeup amount down to under $150. We talked, and set up an appointment for the afternoon on 3/8/2007. I have an awards banquet to go to that evening, and I want to look as good as possible. This means I will need to be en femme before I have the makeover and walk into this department store by myself in a dress, heels and wig. What was I thinking of?????

Helen in OK

bredalee25
03-02-2007, 09:21 PM
Wow thats awesome. So are you gonna keep your appointment? I hope so and please take pics and post them. Keep us informed.

:love:
ttfn

marie354
03-02-2007, 09:35 PM
You could always wear a trench coat over it and take it off before leaving. Super Spy! (walks into department store and dissapears... No one has left sir, except a woman.)

noname
03-03-2007, 03:03 AM
If your regretting the 200 bucks. I'd just cancel the appointment. At MAC you don't have to buy respect, you'll get it no matter what. If you want cosmetic brushes, Target sells a decent set of brushes for 20 dollars.

Joy Carter
03-03-2007, 04:44 AM
Helen. Are you regretting making your appointment ? You can see by my avatar that I went and had a great time. I must admit I had two friends with me. But it's was ultimately up to me to go through with this. Are getting make instructions, or are you just having them demonstrate them to you so you know what you want? I got some advice and tips that will help me in the future. I know they expect you to buy makeup. I never felt pushed or over sold. In the end I got a new look and bought what I wanted. I'm pretty satisfied.:D

Michelle (Oz)
03-03-2007, 06:33 AM
For those Aussie members ... MAC are great here too. Very professional and obliging plus total respect. I do seem to spend more than I had planned.
Michelle (Oz)

SANDRA MICHELLE
03-03-2007, 02:27 PM
Go for it, you'll look great and feel like a million bucks. It will help your confidance

Sierra Evon
03-03-2007, 02:31 PM
I say go for it too, & post the pix , I would !!!! :thumbsup:

Lovely Rita
03-03-2007, 02:57 PM
Scary, exciting, scintillating is what it must be like over and over again.

You go girl, I am proud of you. You have chutzpah!

Helen in OK
03-03-2007, 05:23 PM
I am not regretting my making an appointment, I am scared about going into this department store en femme by myself in the middle of the afternoon.

If I had a trench coat I might wear it, giggle.

I plan to take my camera with me and have the makeup artist take pictures, which I will post here.

Helen in OK

uknowhoo
03-03-2007, 05:31 PM
Good for you, Helen! Sure you'll be nervous, especially if it's your first time doing this. But you'll do it enjoy it, get some tips AND look your best for the fun evening ahead. Go for it, and have fun! We'll look forward to the pix.:thumbsup: Tammi

Elizabeth Anne
03-03-2007, 07:20 PM
Don't give it a second thought. I did the exact same thing New Years Day, 2007.

Couple of things, put on a light amount of foundation & wear lipstick. The makeup artist can use a little cleanser to remove it before your makeover.That will give you some change from male mode. Second, look for the most direct route from the parking lot to the MAC area in the store. Most department stores have multiple entrances.

Hugs,

Beth

Jodi
03-03-2007, 08:48 PM
I am not regretting my making an appointment, I am scared about going into this department store en femme by myself in the middle of the afternoon.

If I had a trench coat I might wear it, giggle.

I plan to take my camera with me and have the makeup artist take pictures, which I will post here.

Helen in OK.

If you are nervous, I recommend that you dress down a bit for the makeover. Wear nice pants or jeans, a nice top or sweater and flats or low heeled shoes. This will minimize any attention on you.

Jodi

marie354
03-03-2007, 08:54 PM
I was joking about the trench coat... The drift was that you could underdress completely and shed your outer clothes after the makeover and walk out completely enfemme. (Change in the restroom if you wanted.)

paulaN
03-03-2007, 09:10 PM
I think jodi had a great idea about dressing down for the appt. After go home or have your clothes with you for the dress-up part. Have a great time. you can do it. And yes lots and lots of pics.

claireswife-gg
03-03-2007, 09:16 PM
Claire has the least trouble sticking out when she wears a pair of nice linen slacks or nice girly jeans, girly tennis shoes, and a nice cap sleeve t-shirt in girl colors. She has a nice lavender car coat sweater she likes to wear to break it up.

I've found that as a GG, I'll just kind of gloss over anyone dressed like that, but someone dressed up will draw my attention, even if fleeting.

Kimberley
03-03-2007, 11:04 PM
Doncha just love it when a computer peripheral breaks down? :D

You get a new modem and a makeover. What more could a girl ask for?

:hugs:
Kimberley

Kendra Irene
03-04-2007, 02:17 PM
Do like Jodi suggests, dress down, or like all the other female shoppers. I did the same thing on Feb. 22. By the time the SA was finished with me, I felt relaxed enough to "explore" the mall. :heehee: Loved the sound of the boots on the tiles.:devil:

:love: Kendra

Helen in OK
03-05-2007, 05:41 PM
The idea of dreessing down appeals. My makeover is scheduled for 3 to 4 pm, I have a 2 hour drive to get to a friend's house to carpool with, so I won't have the time to change. Here are links to what I am going to wear.

Here is the dress

http://www1.macys.com/catalog/product/index.ognc?ID=223341&a

I ordered the teal blue, and it is actually more green than blue. I
really had my heart set on the blue, but green works.

http://www.wintersilks.com/viewproduct.aspx?BRANCH=3~600~&ProductDisplayID=47&dept=Silk+For+Ladies-silk+turtlenecks+mocks&prod=523+unisex+mid-weight+long+sleeve+mock (http://www.wintersilks.com/viewproduct.aspx?BRANCH=3%7E600%7E&ProductDisplayID=47&dept=Silk+For+Ladies-silk+turtlenecks+mocks&prod=523+unisex+mid-weight+long+sleeve+mock)

I ordered the mock turtleneck in white.

I think everything will work out fine.

Helen in OK

S. Lisa Smith
03-05-2007, 06:08 PM
What was I thinking of?????

Helen in OK

FUN!

Glenda58
03-05-2007, 07:49 PM
Helen if you regretting the appointment I think I can make the 3-8 date in afternoon. Go for it Hun noboby well care went you go in and you will look great coming out.

MyGirl&Me GG
03-05-2007, 08:12 PM
Just my opinion.. but I think you'll LOVE it. My so loves it when I give her a make over... I have a couple of other clients that I have worked with too... I so mine in-home though... There is a little more privacy that way.. Everyone loves to look beautiful! Have fun with it.. !!

Take Care!
M

btmgrl6
03-08-2007, 02:05 AM
You go girl!...have a blast with it!

Kendra Irene
03-09-2007, 02:21 PM
Helen
We need an update. How was your experience??

:hugs: Kendra

RebeccaLynne
03-09-2007, 02:40 PM
C'mon Helen, so how was the makeover? And your experience at the awards banquet? Details, girl!

DawnL
03-09-2007, 02:44 PM
Uh Oh!!! didn't get home until wayyyyy late?

Dawn

Sam-antha
03-09-2007, 03:25 PM
Helen, if you chickened out I for one would not blame you. Personnally I think that you are out on the town still with a drink in your hand to celebrate. Please let us know one way or another....

Helen in OK
03-09-2007, 08:59 PM
Wednesday evening I get a call telling me the place I was planning on changing in would not be available. Arrrrgh, now I have to implement plan B. Hold it there is no plan B. What am I going to do, where will I change. Needless to say I found a way I am not happy about, enough said.

I get to the department store minutes before 3 pm. I lock my truck and walk through the parking lot passing several women and nothing is said, not strange looks. For some reason I had problems with my shoes slipping off my heels, may have been because I was wearing a new pair of 100% rht nylon stockings.

Walk through the department store to the MAC counter and announce I have a 3 pm appointment for a makeover. I get set up with a different makeup artist than the one I originally talked with. So I have to go over what it was I wanted. Fortunately, the way she had applied her own makeup was in line with what I wanted. Natural looking with out looking like I have a ton of makeup on, but the shade had to be very close to my natural skin tone.

She spent almost 50 minutes fixing this mug of mine, and did a fantastic job, all while I sat out in front of the MAC counter. She then prepared a chart listing all of the products used, specifying the colors and any brushes used to apply these products. I spent way too much money on makeup and two brushes, so now I need to practice to try to get close to achieving the same results.

Because of the last minute change in where I was going to change into my outfit, I forgot to bring my camera, so no pictures at the counter.

By the time I got back to my truck, I was running almost 20 minutes later than I had allocated, and I ended up pushing the posted speed limits. Since I was riding to the awards banquet with other officers I called ahead to keep them posted. But I was lucky in that I reached my destination minutes before we were scheduled to leave.

We get to the awards banquet walk in and we are the only 3 cross dressers there. We were dressed as well if not better than most of the ladies present. This awards banquet was put on by a group dedicated to support diversity. Most were there to support the usually areas race, religion and sexual orientation.

Our table had others who were interested in us, and asked questions, which we answered. Our goal was to show others, we are people just like them, but slightly different.

Pictures were taken by the other two members of my party and as soon as I get them they will be posted here.

Helen in OK

Helen in OK
03-17-2007, 05:08 PM
While I still haven't received copies of the pictures from March 8th at the awards banquet and after my MAC makeover, here is one I made today after I tried to duplicate what the MAC artist did. I think I am getting close, especially with this new wig. I do apologize for not being centered in the picture.

I finally received a picture form the awards banquet. The lighting is darker, and the size is smaller, but it provides a glimpse of what an artist can do. I do think this is a look I can live with and go out in public with and be comfortable. As much as I would like to look like some of the beauties here, this is more than I ever expected.

Helen in OK

claireswife-gg
03-17-2007, 06:13 PM
Very lovely color palette, you look great :)

I wish there was a mac counter near us, but no such luck :)

lois8795
03-17-2007, 07:23 PM
ahhh but how to get in and out of the restroom in the mens restroom as a man and out as a women???? hmmm not easy.

DawnL
03-17-2007, 08:58 PM
I think you did an excellent job. You look great. Getting that makeup right is the hardest part of all this.

Helen in OK
03-22-2007, 08:23 PM
I finally received a picture from the awards banquet. I added it to the post I created on 3/17, to provide a side by side comparison, but the images ended up one over the other. But then it didn't update the activity of the thread. So I am having to add this post. Live and learn.

Helen in OK

carolinewalker_2000
03-23-2007, 03:40 AM
Your outfit looks lovely; hope your make-over did it justice!