PDA

View Full Version : When is less better?

Sejd
03-03-2007, 01:24 AM
I am a "two spirit" trans gender whatever, person who recently traveled to Chicago to work for a dental show. I met up with Gypsie Karen and Crazy Cat and we had a great time. When I returned to my hometown, I visited my sexologist who is a very wise woman and I told her about how on my trip I had been constantly addressed as "Ladies" with my wife. She told me that the less we (trans gender people) dress up, the more likely we are to pass as women in society. I do believe she is right. The less a man dress up when he want to look like a woman, the better. So guess what girls, it aint in the clothing!!!! it's in the attitude and level of comfort you put forth as a woman. I repeat myseld, I know it, it is in the posture, your smiles, your soul sharing. Cleavage, or legs or hair! that's all not that important. You just need to be yourself, and blend in with very few female trappings. Just be your sweet natural womanly self. After all, it's not in the clothing, it's in the genes.
hugs
Sejd:love:

Barb Valentine
03-03-2007, 01:29 AM
I guess a lot of it is state of mind
And how you project yourself

Wenda
03-03-2007, 01:58 AM
OK, I believe you have a point, the challenge is, how do we achieve that? I feel a lot more femme with my wig, breastforms, makeup, nylons and heels. I can go out en drab with breasts, hips and butt, nails, etc, and nobody seems to notice, because I project an otherwise masculine image. I think it will take more than self image to turn a senior bald overweight guy from drab to femme. I might imagine myself as a sexy lady, but, without the accessories, I doubt the rest of the world would buy in. w

Madeleine
03-03-2007, 02:16 AM
I have always felt that the clothes, etc., make up only the last 20 - 30 percent of my whole being. All the rest is firmly inside and as Seyd says, it is about how you project yourself to others. If you cannot do unclothed how on earth do you expect to do it clothed?

Hugs Maddie xsxs

Kate Simmons
03-03-2007, 06:00 AM
Couldn't agree with you more Sejd. A real woman is a loving, caring, people and family oriented person. You cannot "buy" real femininity, only live it.:happy:

Teresa Amina
03-03-2007, 07:58 AM
family oriented

How many career oriented women did you just offend?
Less is better to a point. Wearing a ballgown to the mall is absurd but expecting to be accepted as a woman while unshaven and wearing just an item or two of femme clothing is equally so. It takes a fair amount of effort to Be when you start off as a guy.

Kate Simmons
03-03-2007, 09:50 AM
Not necessarily Teresa. A woman can be a CEO and still be family oriented and can still very much enjoy being a woman.:happy:

marie354
03-03-2007, 10:00 AM
I can understand the attitude and smileing, careing, etc... If you'd ever seen me without makeup, you would know that it's a necessity.

Lovely Rita
03-03-2007, 05:59 PM
Thanks for your insight. I appreciate your view.

For me, I love the clothing and passing is secondary. I look forward to the day they say look at that pretty man.

Call me silly but it is all about the clothes for me.

Jesse69
03-03-2007, 06:21 PM
For me I prefer to go all the way and dress in a skirt suit that makes me look like I have hips or just go casual. But I always do beard foundation and lipstick. I feel the more I look like a gorgeous woman the more I pass, and passing is very important to me. I don't want people saying, "That's a guy!"