PDA

View Full Version : Interesting day shopping yesterday

marie354
03-03-2007, 01:33 PM
Yesterday my SO and I went shopping as we usually do when we first get our SSDI checks. First stop was Walmart because someone mentioned here somewhere that they had a "nu-bra" type of thing. We looked & looked, and found nothing. We did find some silicone gell push-up pads that only $16, so we got those and some pantyhose for her and some for me. We did some more shopping for jewelry, catfood, etc. and paid & left.
Then my SO wanted to go over to Cato to find an Easter outfit. Well she found two 3-piece skirt sets for $42 each, one in seafoam & one in pink.
When the SA asked if we needed something, I said yea I need a dress for a special event that I had to attend. Well she immediately walked away and started talking to the other SA in hushed tones. We were the only customers in the store at the time and I thought it was a bit rude.
Well I didn't look for any dresses there and as we were paying for my SO 2 outfits, I remarked that I would just wrap a sheet around my self and go in a toga. She smiled and seemed to relax a bit after that. She was young, maybe 19-20 years old and in our smallish town that may have been an unheard of thing... A man wanting a dress for himself.
Anyway... Back to Wally world and we found two nice dresses for $12 each and bought them both. I would have gladly spent more at Cato, but they didn't seem like they could handle it. Oh well, they lost a $90-$100 sale.

All-in-all it was an interesting and fun day shopping with my sweetie.

Just thought I share some of the fun I had. Thanks for reading.
:hugs:

SANDRA MICHELLE
03-03-2007, 01:52 PM
Your sweetie must be a heck of a great girl. I am fortunate to have a similar relationship with my "sweetie" since we go shopping often together, she keeps me fashion oriented for my 50 years young body, I would be lost without her help and advice. I have never had the experience that you just described with the sales girl, you handled it better than I would have since I would have called her on her actions.

Jesse69
03-03-2007, 01:58 PM
Marie - when I bought a bra and panty from Cato in Nashville the SA said, "do I need a gift box?" I almost wanted to say they were for me! Would have liked to see the reaction. But there are no Cato's in Chicago now.

Lovely Rita
03-03-2007, 04:45 PM
It was great to read about your shopping day and hopefully the SA's may learn something from you. I admire your diginity and your honor. You make me proud.

marie354
03-03-2007, 06:54 PM
There is also a women's formal shop here that, according to their advertisments, has the largest selection of prom gowns on the "Eastern Shore" in the Delaware-Maryland-Virgina, (DelMarVa), area. It's just a few blocks from where I live and I go past it and look at the window displays every few days.

Well, a couple hours ago I called them and asked if they were TG friendly.
The lady that answered asked me what that was.
Well after I explained it to her, she said, "Sure, come on in anytime, that doesn't matter to me or anyone here at all."
WOW!
So now all I need the the courage to go in. Proms are almost here and from looking in the window, it looks like they have more than 1000 gowns of various styles and colors.
I know that it will be expensive as the sign in the window says... "Prom gowns starting as low as $100.00"
Could be a lot of fun trying them on and finding one I like.

Well that will be another adventure for another time.
It seems that the more I get used to shopping (enhomme) the easier it gets.
Maybe one day I'll try it enfemme.

Jesse69
03-03-2007, 08:13 PM
When I was in Dillards in Bowling Green I was checking out the prom gowns and a teen chick passing by with her mom said, "You're too old for that!"

Danni Bear
03-04-2007, 12:39 AM
not only interesting, at walmart here i am getting addressed more and more often as maam by everyone even when in drab started hrt several months ago didn;t think there was that much change to see but have started to get more responses as fem everywhere I go no matter how I dress

love
Danni

Gina_darling
03-04-2007, 08:29 AM
I've never had a negative experience with sales assistants. Yesterday when shopping I just put the stuff on the counter. The guy serving me smiled and made a comment about the boots being quite heavy, I don't know if he suspected or just thought I was buying for someone, who knows?

marie354
03-04-2007, 08:28 PM
I've never had a negative experience with sales assistants. Yesterday when shopping I just put the stuff on the counter. The guy serving me smiled and made a comment about the boots being quite heavy, I don't know if he suspected or just thought I was buying for someone, who knows?

Maybe he has a pair for himself as well.

--- Thanks for your comments. ---
All-in-all I had a great time shopping with my SO.
I wanted to post some pics of the dresses that I bought, but I was busy all day Saturday as well as today. I have my usual depression group meeting Monday sooo... Maybe I can post some in the picture section on Tuesday afternoon.
Love y'all... Sandy

marie354
03-07-2007, 10:49 AM
:thumbsup: I contacted Cato and explained nicely what had happened in their store and they wrote back that they will be sending notices out about customer treatment whether male or female. :thumbsup:

Jodi
03-07-2007, 08:13 PM
Marie, I was shopping last week at the Limited where I used to work. The manager on duty was a girl that I had worked for. She helped me pick out tow skirts. The girl that checked me out did not know me. She politely asked if I wanted a gift box. I smiled and said no. No big deal on the gift box.

I see no need to write to a store on that issue.

Jodi

Laurie909
04-11-2007, 11:37 PM
Jodi, I'm not doubting your word on your experience with clerks, but clerks are just people and and like all people....there are good ones and bad ones. Yes, we have Macy's here but we also have a department store called "Dillard's." Today I went into one of their stores to buy some shoes (in drab), the clerk said "birthday present?" (I guess it was a little late for a Christmas present, huh)...I had to laugh. I didn't want to get into anything with him, so I just said..."Oh Yeah" (this guy was a real nerd, the only thing missing was the pocket protector.) What I'm saying is that you might find some clerks who are "with it" or have an understanding, but otherwise...just go with the flow, if you get my drift!

Angie G
04-12-2007, 12:16 AM
Yes that sa was rude I don't think I'd got the two outfit after that :hugs:
Angie