PDA

View Full Version : Shopping info

Jodi
03-03-2007, 08:39 PM
I was out shopping in drab today at Westmoreland Mall in Greensburg, PA. I want to relate two things that happened.

First, while shopping for shoes at Macy's, I had time to chat with two of my favorite SA's. I found out that the SA's at Macy's work totally on commission. I had always thought that they had an hourly wage plus commission, but it is not the case. The bottom line is--these SA's want to sell. It is the only money they make while there. If you want to be treated like a king or queen (depends upon how you are dressed:heehee: ), shop at Macys.

I also shopped at New York & Co. This is the store where I used to work. BTW, they are having a sale right now where all merchandise is 50% off. I had time to talk to my former manager. She was teasing me about all the great bargains I was finding. She walked around with me and helped me make selections, giving me suggestions on matching and accessorizing. She then began to tell me about three different guys that had been shopping in the last two weeks. She described the nervous, scared guys, who she knew were buying for themselves. She emphatically stated that she wished that guys would just be honest and say they are shopping for themselves, and not sneak around and make up stories. Yes girls, this is a store manager that wants to sell to us. She wants to make sure the items fit and are the right style. She also wants a satisfied customer who will come back.

I went to Victorias Secret because I had a $10 rebate card and a card for $25 off the purchase of two secret embrace bras, blus a free pair of panties. When I walked into the store, the asst manager greeted me with, "Hi, was hoping you would come in. We got the secret embrace demi in black in 38B that you have been looking for". She led me over to the display, picked out the black bra, also handed me a white one, and heled me select the free panties. Why should one be nervous shopping with service like this?

Jodi

Joy Carter
03-04-2007, 01:09 AM
Hi Jodi ! Glad you had another day out shopping. Does Macy's have tall sizes ? What are there prices like. I'm more of a JC Penny price kind of gurl.:D

Emma England
03-04-2007, 06:33 AM
I wish there was that kind of service in the UK!

I am not a nervous type when shopping.

Nervous guys just stand out too much which is a shame for them.

RachelDenise
03-04-2007, 07:35 AM
All I can say is "WOW!" Maybe it is because of the way you handle yourself. I think you are giving all of us a good name.

Adrienne Heels
03-04-2007, 09:11 AM
Jodi id do right! I find in my shopping experiences at Lord & Taylor, The Limited, Nine West, Macys that the SAs are so helpful when they realize it is for you. And I have to admit I feel so much more comfortable when I am out to the SAs.

So walk around the stores with your head up high and carry yourself like you belong!

LindaTS
03-05-2007, 11:17 AM
Hi Jodi ! Glad you had another day out shopping. Does Macy's have tall sizes ? What are there prices like. I'm more of a JC Penny price kind of gurl.:D

Joy, I've shopped in both Penny's and Macy's. I can't say about Macy's having talls but I should think so. Their selection of clothing is awsome with lots to choose from. The prices seem to be a little higher than Penny's but I don't let that stop me. I still shop in both stores.

Lovely Rita
03-05-2007, 11:26 AM
Hi, does Macy's carry ladies shoes in our sizes?

Karren H
03-05-2007, 11:43 AM
I agree!! Love shopping at Macys... Though never buy that much the shopping experience there is the best!! Always friendly!!

I'm heading out on an enfemme trip tommorow and plan to shop my way all the way to Charleston!! Well till I run out of time or money... Hehe

Love Karren

JoAnnDallas
03-05-2007, 01:40 PM
Back just before last christmas, I was in the local Mall and deciede to browse Victoria Secret while in drab. This SA came up and asked if I was shopping for wife or girlfriend. I looked at her and said "Neither". She had a few seconds of confusion, then went wide eyed and said "OHHH" when she realized I ment myself. She then said "OK, do you know your size?". I said "yes, I do" and with that she helped me look. Being two days before Christmas, most of everything had been picked thru, so did not find anything I needed. I thanked her and she gave me her card and said to aske for her the next time I was in. She then quickly added, "Would like to fill out an application for an Angel Card". I told her, "No thank you, I already have one". This seem to really brighten her up too.

I had a almost identical response when I was in a Victoria Secrets at another mall right before Valentines Day. The SA was non plussed that I was shopping for myself and even more pleased that I already had a Angel Card. She also gave me her card too. I asked her if a lot of men got Angel Cards. Her reply was "More men apply for an Angel Card than you may think". Must be more sisters around that I though. LOL I then asked her if I could use a changing room if I wanted to try something on. She replied that would not be a problem. They have private changing rooms for those that need to be discreat.

tifftg
03-05-2007, 02:36 PM
Jodi, I know what you mean about those sales. I was in Atlanta last week and saw all the great stuff at NY & Co. Great bargains.

Tiffany

Jodi
03-05-2007, 08:20 PM
Hi, does Macy's carry ladies shoes in our sizes?

Hi Rita, When you say "our sizes", I guess you mean the bigger sizes. Many of the mainstream shoe manufacturers are now going up to a size 11. Being a size 10, I do't normally look for the larger sizes, but I have noticed a number of size 11 shoes on the clearance rack at Macys. Above size 11? Probably not.

Jodi

robyn1114
03-07-2007, 10:23 AM
I was in four different macy's in SW Ohio looking for heels and only found a few in size 11

Mrs.M...GG
03-08-2007, 03:25 PM
Hi Girls,
anyone ever gone to Marshalls? On wed. anyone over 55 gets an extra 10%
off, plus they have alot of great stuff. Mostly it is designer clothes. My SO
and I went shopping there and Victoria found some great things there. Marshalls is all over the USA, and a great disc. store. They have also have
11 shoes. Check it out. OH, VICTORIA WENT OVERBOARD AT MARSHALLS!!

Good luck Girl!:love: