PDA

View Full Version : What Stopped Us?

Jan W
02-08-2005, 08:21 AM
Girls,

I'm sure that most of us have considered transitioning at some stage in our lives.

What is the one main thing that stopped you?

Do you now regret not doing it?

Love Jan

ChristineRenee
02-08-2005, 09:18 AM
Hi Jan,

Even though I am on HRT, hormone replacement therapy, I won't go on to GRS, gender reassignment surgery. For many reasons too. It would virtually end my marriage on the spot, my family would disown me, I feel that I am too old at 53 to get that much out of it anyway, I would be concerned that after all was said and done, I would still end up just looking like a guy in a dress, too expensive...can't afford it, and just don't want to part with the "little gherkin" and the "raisinettes", no matter how much I dislike them, or how insignificant they are to me.;)

I prolly could go on but that's the main reasons Jan.

Love,
Chrissie:)

Amelie
02-08-2005, 09:23 AM
Money,,,Money,,,,Money,,,The lack of it.

LindaTS
02-08-2005, 09:44 AM
I'm not sure if you're refering to GRS or just going full time. As for me, I don't think I ever seriously considered GRS. But living full time as a woman is a different story. I actually didn't realize just who I am until about four years ago. At this point in my life surgery isn't an option, even if i wanted to because of a bad heart. There is still a possibility of me going full time because of a shaky marriage, not because of this, but several other things. If divorce does happen I'll probably try to go full time. Even if I'm able to try living as a woman it might not be totally possible, again because of medical reasons and the insurance aspect of it. Only time will tell.

crispy
02-08-2005, 09:53 AM
Hi Jan,

Even though I am on HRT, hormone replacement therapy, I won't go on to GRS, gender reassignment surgery. For many reasons too. It would virtually end my marriage on the spot, my family would disown me, I feel that I am too old at 53 to get that much out of it anyway, I would be concerned that after all was said and done, I would still end up just looking like a guy in a dress, too expensive...can't afford it, and just don't want to part with the "little gherkin" and the "raisinettes", no matter how much I dislike them, or how insignificant they are to me.;)

I prolly could go on but that's the main reasons Jan.

Love,
Chrissie:)
yes, yes, yes and yes (except I'm not 53.............. no, not telling :o )

Tracie Lynn
02-08-2005, 10:11 AM
Hello Girls, like Christine and Linda GRS isnt really an option for me either but I am curently working on getting HRT with my Doctors help and I am going for my first profesional make over next month and if all goes well with my endevers I can see myself living as a woman full time for the rest of my life, after all I have been living my whold life as a woman on the inside allready so why not show it on the outside, thanks Jan for starting this thread I hope it gets good responce.

AnnaMaria
02-08-2005, 12:10 PM
Actually non of the above. I just don't feel like that is something that I would be happy with. I enjoy expressing my femme side but I just can't imagine the idea of not being who I am no matter what I am dressed in. To me it just seems like if I were to transition I would be loosing part of me and what makes me that person.

But I do understand why some girls decide to go that route. And I think that it is great that they have that option available. To me it is not a bad or good decision it is just a decision that people make as to the direction of their lifes course.

huggs
anna

Rachel Elizabeth
02-08-2005, 02:24 PM
Hello Girls, like Christine and Linda GRS isnt really an option for me either but I am curently working on getting HRT with my Doctors help and I am going for my first profesional make over next month and if all goes well with my endevers I can see myself living as a woman full time for the rest of my life, after all I have been living my whold life as a woman on the inside allready so why not show it on the outside, thanks Jan for starting this thread I hope it gets good responce.

I am taking HRT but I will not go through GRS due to how honor bound I am to my wife and children. At some point, I will live as a woman; or die first.

Hugs... :)

Helana
02-08-2005, 10:50 PM
The poll is missing an option - I fell in love ;)

Ashleigh
02-08-2005, 10:54 PM

OWWWW! GOOD ONE HELANA!

Danielle1960
02-08-2005, 11:36 PM
I'm still thinking about it. Some days I think I'll be just fine as the man I am, then on others I wish I was the woman in my dreams. I guess I really can't say I regret not making the decision because I'm avoiding it for now.
All I could say for sure at this point is that if my marriage goes south then full time transition is coming.
I guess in my head I hear Yes, No, Yes, No.........

Wow I must be getting close :)

crispy
02-09-2005, 12:10 AM
so did I - with myself.

NARCISSISTIC CROSSDRESSERS RULE OK.

Nikki A.
02-09-2005, 12:37 AM
Transitioning isn't an option for me either in that there is a part of me that enjoys the male part of me too. I wish that I looked as good as some of you other girls so that I could slip from one to the other

Rikki
02-09-2005, 01:27 AM
Transitioning isn't an option for me. I would feel that part a me would be gone. I kinda like my male self at times and now that I am starting to understand myself, I think that I can have the best a both worlds now and not hate Rikki so much now. R and R have been through so much together that I don't think that one would be happy with out the other.

Rikki

Sweet Susan
02-09-2005, 02:21 AM
Interesting that sex isn't one of the options. Had it been, I would have had a more difficult time choosing.

Vickie-CD
02-09-2005, 07:37 AM
I would fully transition in a heartbeat, but financially that is not an option in the near future. As the saying goes, "never say never"!!
Love to All,
Vickie

eleventhdr
02-09-2005, 02:52 PM
Yes for me it is a combinnation of several things. But then mostly family and money to do this. :lus where i do now live it is not very likely to happen here. But if and when i could ever leave here i then would surely find a way to do this. After all that is one of the main reasons most of us do dress. We do want to be as female as possible wether it means just dressing enfemm much more or wether it means trying to go all the way to becoming the female we really want to be inside to make it so outside as well. Oh well!. Thank's Suzy The Doctor Eleventh.

kirsti
02-12-2005, 02:59 AM
Primary reason because my children are too young to have to deal with 2 mothers,I want them to discover their own choices,and not be influenced by a loved one.
When they become adults at 18 then they will know for sure,and so will I.
Also there is a process one must go through,hormone therapy,a mental therapist must evaluate you and send a recommendation to the doctor to perform the sex reassignment surgery,which also requires a candidate to live full time as a female for at least a year.
Then a complete physical will be done to see if there are any under lying problems that may put you at risk.
There are also many other preperations you have to make,like job if your not self employed,name change,records of your sex must be changed,(male versions destroyed whenever possible)
Financial records must be updated.
Also you must find a Gynocologist,that are familuar with sex reassignment surgery patients.
very time consumming but once the surgery is done its for life,you cant go back.
You can then only be a crossdresser again.