PDA

View Full Version : Getting started

Svetlana
03-04-2007, 10:32 PM
Well, for a few years I've been interested in crossdressing but I never actually did it. I gave up on the idea because I figured it could never happen. But recently my passion for feminine beauty has been rekindled and I've felt like doing it.

The most significant gender-bending I've ever done is pretended to be a girl the entire time I played Final Fantasy XI Online. ;) I had 'em all fooled. But anyway...

I know this must be a dumb question, but... how do I... get started down this path of crossdressing? I don't even know if I'll like it enough to continue, but I figure it won't hurt to try. I just assume I will because I like to ogle pictures of boys in drag and I like to feel "pretty." Plus, I get mistaken for a girl all the time anyway, so it's not an unreasonable stretch to dress like one now and then, I guess. :)

I took the initiative and contacted a girl friend of mine to ask her for help with dressing up. I've gone clothes shopping for her before (for male clothing) because I am entirely too incompetent to shop alone, and I trust her judgment. She also helped me dye my hair pink; I know she's pretty open-minded. She hasn't written me back yet though.

Well... that's my story. Wish me luck.... ladies. :eek:

NatalieGirl
03-05-2007, 12:48 AM
Go for it, Svetlana. Since you get mistaken for a woman without even trying, you should have an easy time of it.

How do you get started? Go shopping! Have you seen a dress or skirt on a GG that you find pretty?

Svetlana
03-05-2007, 12:50 AM
Only all the time. I see those snobby girls walking around campus wearing their little skirts in below-freezing temperatures and I think to myself, "That would look soooo much better on me." Haha.

Shelly Preston
03-05-2007, 01:13 AM
Hi Svetlana

You have a long fun and frustrating road ahead :)

Sooner or later you will get the shopping bug and then you find you have too much choice :eek:

But when you find something you want it can be very exhilarating

Enjoy it

NatalieGirl
03-05-2007, 01:14 AM
Great! Lets see how you look in a miniskirt. Get one and post a photo here.

Svetlana
03-05-2007, 01:24 AM
A miniskirt? Shoot, I'd have to shave my legs again -- oh yeah, I forgot I've shaved my legs before. That was pretty cool, but it was too much of a hassle to keep up, especially considering I rarely wear shorts. :P

Kate Simmons
03-05-2007, 01:47 AM
Hi, I was just wondering what your motivation is. Is it just for fun or do you think you'd just like feeling like a girl? The feelings are an important part of it or at least they always were for me.:happy:

Svetlana
03-05-2007, 02:11 AM
Well, I assume it would be fun, but I also have a deep appreciation for feminine beauty. Every time I catch myself in the mirror at an angle where I look particularly feminine, I can't help but to gaze longingly at myself for minutes at a time.

I think that makes sense. Maybe not. ;)

EDIT: Actually, I forgot something else... I have worn women's underwear before. A male friend of mine had a pair of panties he stole from another friend's sister. While over at his house one night, I wore them (albiet briefly). He threw them away after that, and I yelled at him because I wanted to keep them. :P

noname
03-05-2007, 02:45 AM
Go buy girls jeans, like the stretch flare ones. Many guys wear them. Even my wife came home from work to tell me one of her coworkers was shocked her son asked for girl jeans cause " all the guys wear emn ". It's something you can wear anywhere with any old t-shirt.

Kate Simmons
03-05-2007, 03:56 AM
Well, it is definately fun, Hon. The important thing to remember is just to be yourself and you will get an incredible feeling of freedom. Don't worry about trying to fulfill anyone's else's "standards" and just go out there and have fun.:happy:

Kelsy
03-05-2007, 06:31 AM
Welcome to the forum,

If I were to take a guess, atleast 90% of the gurls here started dressing and Identifying with the female gender at a very young age. Many thinking back didn't actually decide to become a crossdresser. The crossdressing was just a natural expression of who the are. Many have struggled for years to find self acceptance and have fought a bias in society that is hostle to transgendered people. what is your motivation hun? Why do you want to crossdress?

Jennifer:happy:

Sally24
03-05-2007, 07:14 AM
The "best" way to start is to start! Just buy or order, which ever you're comfortable with, some clothes and try it out. If you don't want to spend much money than go to a thrift store. Otherwise, go out and buy some colthes. Figure out your sizes, there are alot of online store sites that have size charts. If you have a question, post it here. You'll get help in minutes or hours, sometimes seconds on a good day!

I would try a couple different looks. One very girly, like shortish skirt or dress and one more casual, either longer skirt or tight jeans. If you get mistaken for a girl I assume your hair is longish so you wouldn't need a wig right off. Some basic make-up would be a good start too. You can go to one of the make-up counters, MAC is a good choice, and have them match you for colors. Most are very open to TG people. If you're a bit worried, go to a city a ways away to shop.

Good luck! And please post some pics so we can help you!

Sally

PS - not everyone knows they are a CD from birth. I have a friend that just started at 44 and never had a thought about it prior to August 07!