PDA

View Full Version : Your Introduction to Girlieworld!

Girlieboy
03-05-2007, 04:16 AM
I thought this might make an interesting topic for discussion, so here we go. What particular event in your past triggered off your girlie desires? In my case (well, I have to be honest, I'm something of an ancient monument!) it happened at school, in the fifties, when I was eleven years old. It is important to remember that, most certainly in classrooms over here in England, boys and girls did not sit together: boys were on one side of the classroom whilst girls were on the other. I remember being late for school and being told by the teacher that I would have to sit with the girls, since there was no room on the boys side of the room. I remember rather liking the idea, and sat down with the girls. The teacher then, somewhat sarcastically, said that since I was with the girls I would have to be called Diane. That was it! I remember everyone laughing their socks off, and I did, too. Was I embarrassed? Not at all - I remember a wonderful feeling of happiness - something I still feel to this day. Thanks to that teacher, Diane came into being far sooner than otherwise might have been the case.

Joy Carter
03-05-2007, 05:58 AM
I was four and tried on grandma's mustard colored house dress. I don't know why I did. Maybe I should have been a girl.:D

Helen MC
03-05-2007, 06:38 AM
Nothing so dramatic for me but the gradual evolution to a tipping point when I was 12.

I had always been a bit on the sensitive side as a child , hated rough and tumble games, getting dirty, any boyish activities and vastly preferred playing with my sister Anne and her friends. I hated and still do detest Team Games and Competitive activities of any type. My father gave up on me after taking me to a few football (soccer) and cricket matches where I was bored to tears and couldn't wait for it to end so I could get home.

I always had an attraction to the feminine side of life and about the time that puberty started to kick in I had an urge to try on girls' clothes especially knickers. Eventually just after my 12th birthday I went into my sisters bedroom to look for a book when I saw a pair of her white cotton knickers , "Cherub" brand briefs lying on her bed. Although I had of course often seen her's and my mum's knickers on the washing line or being ironed etc on this occasion I had an overpowering urge to pick them up and try them on. I stuffed them into my trouser pocket and went into my own bedroom, bolted the door, slipped off my trousers and the pair of white cotton Y-Fronts (briefs) that I and most boys and men wore then (1965) in England. Next I picked up Anne's knickers and stepped into them and pulled them up savouring the gentle grip of the elastic through the bands round the leg openings and at the puckered up waist, the support of the double gusset and the soft smooth flyless front. I wore them under my trousers instead of the Y-Fronts for the rest of that day and in bed that night, putting them in the laundry basket the following morning. Within a few days I was borrowing a pair of Anne's knickers to secretly wear under my trousers every day instead of the hated Y-Fronts, sometimes a plain white pair, on others a pair of Navy-Blue Knickers, these were "Montfort" brand with the famous double back panel that is a feature of that make of knickers where the double gusset is extended up to the waistband at the back. I only wore Y-Fronts when I did PE or Games at school as I had to get changed in the dressing room in front of the other boys and in those day even a pair of plain white knickers would have been instantly identifiable owing to the lack of the distinctive inverted Y shaped fly at the front and the puckering caused by the elastics at the waist and legs. (unlike modern men's briefs which are virtually identical to women's panties) Later I was able to drop PE when I was 15 and wore knickers all the time after that.

Not long after I had started to secretly wear Anne's knickers, I was alone at home one Saturday and had the opportunity to try on her complete school uniform, pleated grey skirt, white socks, white bra, which I padded out ironically with a couple of pairs of the unused Y-Fronts!, and a pale blue blouse and school tie. I had great fun being "Helen" the girly name I adopted from a girl in my class at school for a few hours until I knew my mum and sister would be coming home, (Dad was at the football and would not be home till much later), and reluctantly I took off all the lovely girl's clothes , keeping on the knickers of course and sadly had to put my "drab" boys clothing on again. From then on until I left home when I was 18 I would take every opportunity to dress in Anne's clothes when I was home alone and when I had filled out a bit in my mum's clothes as well, On a couple of occasions when my parents went on holiday for a week and my sister was also away I had a week of dressing as a girl at home, a wonderful holiday! As I was very careful I never got caught at home or at school, despite a few close shaves.

Now of course I can dress at home whenever I chose and do but still remember those Girly days of wonder from 1965 to 1971.

Mary Morgan
03-05-2007, 06:56 AM
Birth!

Christine Andrews
03-05-2007, 08:03 AM
For me it happened in a school play at primary school. It was for a tudor theme and the part required boys to wear either football socks or tights. Come dress rehersal the teachers were finding tights to fit us for the play and I froze with fear not just because my family would see me in tights - but because when I saw the tights being sorted I found that I really wanted to wear them and at the time that wasn't normal so I dropped out of the play out of fear of my own emotions.

From this moment tights became a curiosity and a strong desire as did girls clothing generally and once I tried a pair on (a friends sisters - a number of years later) that was it! It was an electrifying moment which confirmed what both made happy and afraid - that confirmed that I was a crossdresser.

To this day tights (or pantyhose as you Americans call them) are my fave item and I feel naked without them. My only regret is after this I tried to hide from it and only now at nearly 21 am I beginning to accept myself - when I could have done so at around 15.

But I believe that everything happens for a reason and I discovered myself in the end:c9:

Kirsty Hall

P.S. I do remember when I was 4 or 5 trying on my mums high heeled shoes and trying to walk in them on a number of occasions - so perhaps the writing was on the wall for me.

Staci G
03-05-2007, 08:15 AM
It was a long time ago in a land far far away..I was maybe 7 or 8 I found my moms or sisters panties in the laundry I just had to try them on well I couldn't take them off. I put my jeans back on over them and my mom caught me in them but only said I need to put mine back on she never said another word but never caught me again either. I never stopped after that. My brother caught me one time in a full slip and panties when I was about 12 he just asked why i wore it and I told him I like to. he just said ok more power to ya and never told.

I miss the simpler times

Amy Hepker
03-05-2007, 08:20 AM
I had three sisters and it seemed like they got all the attention and all the neat clothing and such. We even played dressup one time and I think this was the first time, They put a dress on me, I bet I was maybe 6 or 7 at the time. I think the real turning point was when my oldest sister got married. The girls all got to wear these beautiful dresses and I got to wear this gross looking dress shirt, to this day I don't wear dress shirts. Makes my skin crawl, just to think about it. Give me a dress anyday. What do I do now for male clothing? Jeans and T-shirt and in the winter western snap shirts.

Jere Oneil
03-05-2007, 08:29 AM
I'm 64, so when I was in school, in the 50s, girls didn't wear pants. I was jealous of the pretty dresses and skirts they got to wear.

Wendrme
03-05-2007, 08:31 AM
I remember from very early childhood, we had a laundry hamper in the bathroom and I would love to pull my mother's bras out of it and try them on.
Then I particularly remember being in Cub Scouts and for some reason the den mother thought having a historical fashion show with us scouts as the models would be great fun. I remember that my outfit was of a Pilgrim Girl and was very drab. I was very jealous of my friend who got to wear a brides dress and have his hair set in pin curls for hours before the show. I was eight years old and was so jealous that he got to wear pin curls and the pretty dress and I did not.

Even at eight years old, I knew what was pretty and that I wanted to be able to make myself pretty and feminine.

Tashee
03-05-2007, 08:35 AM
I don't remember a time when I did not dress up. My earliest memories included.:love:

Angie G
03-05-2007, 08:58 AM
I don't know my dad dressed I did not know it then bit I started about age 11 or 12 maybe I was born with it in me it don't matter I love it :hugs:
Angie

Casey Morgan
03-05-2007, 11:43 AM
Conception. I've always been me, it's just that there was a long stretch of time when that was a terrible thing to be.

The earliest high water mark I can remember to getting back to being me though was in 8th grade, when I was 13. In choir we learned Don't Cry Out Loud. It was the first time i had heard the song. I changed the first bit of the chorus to "for cryin' out loud, just keep it inside and learn how to hide your feelings". (That's still so powerful it's bring tears to my eyes just thinking about it.) Those two lines became my "theme song" for being so fed up with having to keep how I felt under wraps because I wasn't supposed to feel that way. It didn't make me stop hiding those feelings, but from that point I became aware just how much it hurt to "have to" hide them.

That predates my crossdressing, which is partly why I've always seen my crossdressing as just a part of something much larger.

Lovely Rita
03-05-2007, 12:00 PM
Wow, that is a wonderful story. My first expereince was when I was around three. I was rumaging through my mom's things and ran across a box of nyons. I opened the box and it had about three pairs of nylons delicately folded in between fine tissue paper. I proceeded to put them on, while my aunt who was baby sitting just watched in amusement. I then grabbed my mother's black patent leather pumps and it was over for me. Hooked forever.

Siobhan Marie
03-05-2007, 12:12 PM
For me, it started with seeing Mum's pantie girdles in the laundry and I found a pair on her bed while I was home alone one day and just had to try them on. It was followed by trying one of her skirts, which was miles too big for me, it just felt so right and have been dressing ever since then. 7 months ago I realised that I'm a woman stuck in a man's body and need to transition, which I'm on my way to doing. It'll 7 months since I realised who and what I am on the 24th of this month.

:hugs: Anna Marie x

Daintre
03-05-2007, 12:19 PM
I started when I was in grade 5, it was recess and I was listening into a conversation between 2 girls and a boy. They were telling him what clothes he would have to wear to be a girl. I don't know why but I all of a sudden I wanted to be that girl. The need to be a girl hasn't diminished at all over the years.

cindychan
03-05-2007, 12:26 PM
Well my first was at age 15 when my sister bought me dressup clothes after I confessed an interest to look like a pethouse pet. However my desire to be a girl started at age 5 when I had a Wizard of OZ book and for some reason I connected with Dorthy and wanted to be her. My first CDing dessire occured after watching an episode of Chip and Dales Rescue Rangers, in which a snobby girls dressed one of the chipmuncks up in a frilly pink dress. That got the ball a' rolling. Ya I know, blame Disney and the creator of the Wizard of OZ for my CDing and my yearning to be a woman.

Svetlana
03-05-2007, 01:03 PM
I'll be honest.......... the first time I tried on women's clothing was when I was, like, 13-15. A few years ago. My parents were away and I was sitting around, thinking to myself, "Well, I've got the house all to myself! What should I do?" And then, suddenly, I thought, "GO TRY ON YOUR MOM'S UNDIES." So I did, and it was so taboo and hot that I couldn't stop.

I did it a few more times, but I stopped because I felt gross wearing my mom's underwear. If I had had a sister, that might have been a different story. ;)

Sadly, I'm a CD noob and have never dressed aside from that. Hopefully I'll be able to change that shortly.

EDIT: Oh, but aside from that I would gender-bend as much as possible in video games, both online and off.

Karren H
03-05-2007, 02:19 PM
I started also in the 50's when I was 7 or 8.... And mom always wanted a daughter.. Used to tell me all the time!! And I don't remember the exact first time but I wandered into my mothers closet and got lured in by the slips, frilly panties, girdles and bras... And I was hooked... Funny too... I started crossdressing shortly after the birth of my sister.... What a coincidence!! Lol

But over the years lots of things have happened... triggers or enhancments... One of those memorable ones was the neighborhood girls used to play a game..... "Catch the boy and put a dress on him". And I was pretty fast at 9 or 10 but for some unexplained reason I got caught more than any of the other boys!! Hehe. I can still remember the smell of that old satin dress.... Sigh......

Love Karren

Sierra Evon
03-05-2007, 02:59 PM
about 12 , I just knew some how that I had a love of wanting to be a girl , like some sorta passion , a love of long hair and pretty clothes , never had been into boy stuff alot , but my real intro to femme stuff came on day as i had discoved a bag of clothes for donation from our neighbors , that had 2 girls my age and clothes size comperable to mine , I snatched that bag that day and started to wear what was in the bag , and it was some good stuff too , the rest was hist !!!!!!!!!!!! :2c:

kerrianna
03-05-2007, 03:18 PM
:happy: As I read all your stories I feel really happy to know that there are others who have grown up thinking exactly the same thing as me. I knew that other CDers existed but I never gave much thought to how similar our experiences are. It's really nice to know that there are other very sweet people who have walked along the same path as me.

I've told this a few times before;
For me I was always hanging out with the girls, right from my earliest memories. When I was about 5 I remember being incredibly crushed and angry that I wasn't allowed to play with dolls because I was a boy. :sad:

And shortly after that I played dressup with my neighbour who wore wonderful girlie dresses (as opposed to some of my tomboy friends), and paraded proudly down the street dressed to the nines. :happy:

Maybe one day soon I will complete the circle and do that again. :D

noname
03-05-2007, 04:28 PM
What started it? I suspect I was born this way. ( or had enough enviromenal influences ) I remember throwing a tantrum at 4 to for a pink barrett from the pack my mom just bought my sisters. I was 7 in first grade and oh so envious of the girls long hair. Things kind of surpressed through my teen years, as I had more than enough other worries. I immersed myself in hobbies and work over the next 10 years. Who knows why it all happened, but it finally came out in full force.

Jeanine
03-05-2007, 10:19 PM
I grew up as the only male in a small house with my Mom and three older sisters. When we were quite young we played a lot of dress-up and my sisters would dress me in their pink silk panties, petticoats, and their most frilly dresses.
At around ten, my nipples got puffy and my breasts started to develop like girls of the same age ... Our family Doctor told my Mom not to worry, the condition was called Gynecomastia and it would go away after I hit puberty and my male hormones took over ... And needless to say, the kids at school called me hurtful names like "Jugs." or "Mr. Tits."
With Mom and my three older sisters in the house there was no shortage of womens clothing to choose from, and my first real venture into "dressing" came after I hit puberty at 13 and decided to just "try-on" my sister's bras. My oldest sister Patti was 17 and one of her black 36B bras fit like a glove without a drop of "stuffing" ... From the second I put that first bra on, I was hooked, and it wasn't long before I was into wearing panties, stockings, dresses, and high heels to go with the bras.
That was over forty years ago, I'm still "derssing" and I've never bothered to look back.
Hugs-N-Kisses
Jeanine

Peggy55
03-05-2007, 10:47 PM
Where are all the people like me? Mine started about 6 months ago (50 yrs old) Can't say I ever had it before but one thing I read is that people who have had a series of tramatic experience one after another over time (which I have had) can tend to flee to the nurturing side of their personality that being the female side. So I believe mine surfaced long after most due to these events.

marie354
03-05-2007, 11:12 PM
I did a short search trying to find where I had responded to a simular question on this site, but had no luck.
When I really started to like it was when... Well my sister was always borrowing my jeans and stretching them a bit in the rear. One day I went into her room to see if I could find a pair that I wanted to wear... Well, one thing led to another, and what can I say... I liked how I looked in a dress.

Suzie S.
03-06-2007, 06:37 AM
I am also in the minority here. I'm a late bloomer also. I never had a sister, and my mom is very petite. There were no women's clothes in my house that I would ever fit in. The desires weren't ever there back then. I was a quiet, gentle child, maybe a bit sensitive. I always enjoyed playing with the girls more also. Maybe that had something to do with it, who knows. I know my parent's tried to have another child, but couldn't. It's possible that they wanted a girl also, but I don't remember hearing them say that. This could be where the seed started.

It wasn't until I had a girlfriend in my late twenties, that it all started. She wanted to dress up as each other for halloween. The experience of being made over by her and wearing her clothes changed me forever. This was a trigger point. I can't tell you how awesome I felt wearing her clothes and makeup. It just hit me like a ton of bricks. The thing that stood out the most was having my legs shaved and wearing her pantyhose. It was completely overwhelming to me. I tried to hide these 'wierd' feelings from her after that day. The only thing I came clean about was liking her pantyhose. She didn't seem be startled by that, and I did wear them sometimes, with her knowledge. The next halloween, we did the same thing again, with my provocation. It just felt so wonderful to be dressed as a woman. Our relationship ended the following year, for other reasons.

It was about a year later when I met my wife. These desires I had were stuffed deeply away, mostly because I didn't understand them and scared me. I really wasn't a crossdresser when I met my wife. After living with her and being surrounded with all of her feminine trappings for a while, the desires came back with a vengence. Just seeing all the dresses, hosiery, shoes, and makeup everywhere were killing me. I wanted to try everything on!

I was honest from the beginning with my dear wife about this desire. I explained to her all about my experiences at halloween a few years back. She was actually the one who ran to her closet and handed me some items to try on. She seemed to understand my desire to experiment with dressing up. She make me over and helped me out a bit. Neither one of us thought much about this being called crossdressing, or all the tangled webs that go along it. She thought it was just a passing desire to see what it was like to dress as a girl. We had a bit of fun with it. But for me, it was just the beginning of what is now a concrete part of my everyday existence.

I'll digress about all the other emotions and feelings I was experiencing through all this, and save it for another thread. Anyway, the dressing grew with both of us, from it's beginnings. There was never any secrecy. So, strange as it may be, that's how Suzie came to be.

Hugs, :hugs:

Girlieboy
03-06-2007, 09:18 AM
That's a truly wonderful story, hun. How fortunate you are!

Gina_darling
03-06-2007, 09:31 AM
Reading these has just brough back memories I didn't realise I had! First one is aged about 4 and being in my Mum's room with her trying on some dresses, obviously too big for me. Also she started to put make-up on me I remember enjoying it :happy:

Then I remember playing schools with my sisters but I decided to wear their uniform instead, didn't seem to bother them. It was one of those summer dresses with the blue and white checks (seemed to be a late 80's early 90's thing not seen them for ages), also had some pink tights on :D Then it gets funny thinking back...:heehee: it was cose to bedtime that we were playing this game and then Dad came in to put us to bed! He wasn't happy. Anyway nothing was ever said so I presume it was forgotten.

Other than these one off times it didn't get started until moving house aged 13. My room ended up being the store for the clothes for a time. I spent many an hour trying everything on :D

Charleen
03-06-2007, 10:38 AM
From birth. I was trying on and walking around in my mom's heels at 3. Wearing her things at about 11. Growing up, I had few boys around, so my friends were girls. Played house, dress up ect.

wendy
03-06-2007, 12:49 PM
The very first time I tried on anything female was in grade 1, it was a christmas play and I was picked to play an elf. One of the costume req'ments was to wear some kind of tights. One of the girls in the class volunteered to bring some in, and so i wore one of hers. I remember when the play was over I couldn't wait to take those tights off.

My 2nd experience with female clothing was in grade 2. It was a class outing to a swimming pool. I didn't have any swimming trunks so the pool provided some. Luck would have it that they ran out of boys trunks so I wore a girls swim suit. I didn't think much of it at that time.

But what really launched my CDing was seeing my mom's panties hanging to dry in the washroom. I think i must've been 6 or 7 or so at that time. I remember showering and then feeling how smooth my mom's panties were vs. mine. So one day when no one was home I just tried them on and goodness gracious they felt wonderful ! since that moment, it launched my CDing habit.:D :D :D

Gretchen
03-06-2007, 01:22 PM
It mostly started when I was in grade school in the early '50's. I was instantly fascinated with the pretty dresses all the girls wore. I was also especially fascinated with those girls who had long hair and wore ribbons in their hair. On all counts I wondered what it would feel like to be able to dress like they did and have long hair like that. I now know that feeling of fascination was also accompanied by some degree of jealousy and wishful thinking.
Never really found the urge to put on any femme clothes until about age 12. I again noticed that not only did the girls still wear nice dresses, but they also had some kind of very delicate covering on their legs that had different colors. I quickly found out that they were nylon stockings and found that my mom had some that I wanted to try on in the worst way. I did and also loved to wear her girdles as a necessary piece to hold up the stockings.

Never went any farther than that and stopped completely for most of the next 44 years. For whatever reason, the urge to dress and dress completely returned about two years ago and I have not looked back. Like someone else said, things happen when they are supposed to, so no regrets about the many years of not dressing.
Love,
Gretchen

shannonsilk
03-06-2007, 01:44 PM
i don't remember doing anything as a child. i vaguely recall looking at my mother's clothes --but i don't remember wanting to try them on. i had 2 brothers and no sisters. i don't think i was home alone very often.
as soon as i had my own place i started "borrowing" clothng. sorry to all you women out there.
only since i found out about the forum have i gotten outer clothing and everything else. thank you all.

VTDresser
03-06-2007, 04:46 PM
I was 11 yrs old when we were painting my grandmother's house. I was assigned the task of painting off the 6 foot ladder as I was too young to be any higher.

I thought that I was doing a great job until...

I stretched a bit too far to reach a missed spot, tumbled off the ladder, and hit the ground. The oil based red paint dropped all over my clothes and I was a mess.

The solution to this was to put me inside, soak my clothes in turpentine, and have me wear one of my grandmothers nightgowns. This was in 1971 and there wasn't a much of a choice other than nylon in her collection.

Being 11, and in the throes of puberty, I was just plainly aroused by the softness of the nylon. I got to wear the nightgown home under a satin lined robe...I knew I was aroused by my physical reaction to the silkiness but it wasnt until a few months later did I learn how to deal with that.

I am glad that now I dont have an aversion to ladders as I was 35 feet in the air putting a chimney cap pn an unused flue that a squirrel has found a home in recently. I am glad though that I did not fall from that perch; it would have been hard to either live or explain why I had Shadowline panties on!

SANDRA MICHELLE
03-06-2007, 05:13 PM
I was 6 or 7 and was always sneaking my moms bras and nylons and panties. I couldn't get enough of them. My sister was a year and a half older than me so her panties fit just right but at that age they weren't sexy enough for me and she didn't wear bras until she was probably 13 or 14. I was able to fit into her bras easily when I was 14 and she was 15-16 since I also had gyno and my boobs were veryu well developed, used to get a lot of teasing about how big they were, secretly I loved them,still do.

susie evans
03-06-2007, 08:03 PM
i can remember my mother dressing me as a girl for hallow ween abck in the fifties ,she allways wanted a girl and all she got was boy,s and i guess i enjoyed it so much i didn't whant to change and still don't :heehee:

susie

Colleentg
03-06-2007, 08:47 PM
Wow, I've got to get online more often so I'm not always one of the late post-ers!

I don't recall what turned it for me, just the individual moments I felt like a girl at a young age. I have two older sisters and a half dozen brothers. I was stuck in the middle of them. The younger of my sisters was gorgeous, and wore the most fashionable clothing for that time, including miniskirts! She won several local beauty pageants and I think the jealosy of all the attention she got put a big impact on me. I guess I wanted to be just like her so I 'explored' in complete secrecy. I was fascinated by her clothes, not those of my other sister, and never those of my mom's. My mother was heavy-set and I cringed at any idea of wearing her things! Yet I have to admit, I was a little fascinated by my mom's girdles and brassiers (longline bras). It's just they were so big, I never was able to experience that type of 'underwear' until I got older and bought my own. Now, my sister was a different story. So luckily for me, her and I were the same body size for a while. The only difference, relatively, was that she had real boobs! (okay, the genitals too) But in time, I was able to wear or try on everything she had. Even many of her shoes fit me! My mother never caught me dressed, but somehow she knew. When my sister couldn't find a certain pair of her best tights, my mother asked me if I had them! At the time, I didn't. I wasn't lieing!
Does anyone remember the large dresser mirrors that you could tilt? My sister had one, and I'd tilt it down enough just to see myself from the neck down and I'd stand there admiring myself looking just like my sister. To do all this w/o getting caught was all in the timing. Oh, such fond memories!
The best memory, was wearing my sister's (new) wedding corset about a dozen times before she actually did! You can guess right, I'm hooked on them! (no pun intended)