PDA

View Full Version : Would you want others to know?

Dana Carlton
03-05-2007, 02:22 PM
I saw it mentioned in another post about wearing a pin or something else noticable to others, while in drab, that symbolizes a person is a crossdresser. This got me thinking..............

So let's say that by wearing a particular pin on your collar (while in drab), it shows that you are a crossdresser. Would you or would you not wear it in public?

Connieminiskirts
03-05-2007, 02:28 PM
Yes I would wear a pin like that in public. However, I would have to choose the circumstances to wear it. Wearing to work would be a very bad idea. I dont think that most people driving trucks, or even truck stop personel would be very understanding. That and so many truckin companies have strange rules about "controversial subjects" in the work place. I mean I cannt even access any thing to do with crossdressing via the company wireless internet access. It is totally blocked. Guess they all afraid I gonna "offend myself" while sittinn in the truck!!

You design the pin, I will happily buy it and wear it when I go shopping, to dinner or just out "trashin around".

Samantha Lough
03-05-2007, 02:34 PM
:rolleyes: But like Connie stated I would have to choose where and when some of the place I hang out would get a pool que pushed some where were it would not feel good

fionasboots
03-05-2007, 02:36 PM
I voted yes because I think it's something that I should be able to stand up and proudly (if quietly) proclaim - I can almost see some of the reasoning behind any <insert cause> Pride event/symbol/proclamation.

On the other hand, back in reality, I'm not sure the whole "coming out to the world" is something I or my wife (in particular) would cope with at the moment! Maybe too big a step.

Still a good idea though ... we need to find a suitable set of celebrities to launch the campaign!

Oh, and of course come up with a design for the pin ... hmmm, ribbons are fairly well covered now:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_awareness_ribbons

how about a pin in the shape of a pair of heels? Or maybe something obvious like a dress with a cross through it? :heehee:

Okay, I'm sure there are some way more creative people out there who can come up with something! Oh, and I think it would have to come in all sorts of different colours so that it wouldn't clash with any outfits :heehee:

tommi
03-05-2007, 02:45 PM
I'm just not ready for that yet. I'm sorry.

Sierra Evon
03-05-2007, 02:45 PM
I voted yes , I"m not ashamed of who I am !!!!!!!! :happy:

Peg
03-05-2007, 02:50 PM
I'm not ashamed of who i am ,i really feel my crossdressing being outed would not be seen as something positive for my family especially my wife . Peg

SherriePall
03-05-2007, 03:04 PM
I voted yes. However, I must add that only to those who also crossdress. If the meaning of such a pin or symbol were to become mainstream, it would lose its usefulness.

Felix
03-05-2007, 03:07 PM
Hi again Ladies :hugs: I haven't voted but thought I'd post. I to think it would be too awkward in the workplace and cos of my children even though in both cases they are aware that I cross dress or as my kids see it I dress like a man. I think the fact that I dress all the time this way I am showing that I am comfortable with me without shouting it from the highest roof tops. I remember when I came out as Lesbian, I was a bit younger, I wanted to go on all the pride marches and such like. I wanted the world to know and I wanted to support others like myself. I think cos I'm older now I take a different angle not cos I'm not proud of who I am but because I have to think of others who may be affected by my difference like my kids and my larger family as a whole. I will continue to dress as a man and bend the laws of gender but I will be more subtle in my advertisement of the fact i.e. with a badge. I say well done to those of you who feel you can wear the badge with pride :thumbsup: xx Felix :hugs:

Dana Carlton
03-05-2007, 03:28 PM
Voted Yes. As others have said, I am not ashamed of who I am. I would like the idea of knowing and seeing others who are like me, in real life. I think it would be cool to see someone in a Department store wearing the pin. Too many times am I trying to guess whether that person is buying that dress for his wife/gf or for himself. Same goes for any salesperson or cashier. Until society accepts the transagendered, crossdressers and men in skirts, it could be our own little symbol to each other.

linnea
03-05-2007, 03:40 PM
Although I don't everyone to know, I might wear a pin that was known to other crossdressers.

amanda barber
03-05-2007, 03:45 PM
If your going to wear a publicly noticable object that labels you as a crossdresser, why not just dress?

sparks
03-05-2007, 03:45 PM
Depends on the pin. Flashie with rhinestones? Uh No! something small and not well advertised maybe.

annecwesley
03-05-2007, 03:46 PM
I wouldn't wear sch a pin all the time, but there are times and places (like when I'm shopping) when it might be good.

Alaceann
03-05-2007, 03:56 PM
Like Sherrie said if only us girls knew then it would be fine.

amanda barber
03-05-2007, 04:01 PM
it could be our own little symbol to each other.

See, this isn't what the poll options suggest. This type of pin is just secret "scene" jewelry. they are generally meaningless because they vary from small group to small group and region to region. Often two people with it allready know eachother from a board, group, meetup or scene location.

Nigella
03-05-2007, 04:03 PM
If your going to wear a publicly noticable object that labels you as a crossdresser, why not just dress?

My sentiments exactly.

In the UK we have "red nose day", Pink Ribbons, Race for life to name but a few "publicly noticable objects" and they are like most "labels" they soon become known to associated with a particular cause.

A pin specifically for CD'ers would soon let the world know, so why not dress anyway??

Valerie Nicole
03-05-2007, 04:29 PM
My sentiments exactly.

In the UK we have "red nose day", Pink Ribbons, Race for life to name but a few "publicly noticable objects" and they are like most "labels" they soon become known to associated with a particular cause.

A pin specifically for CD'ers would soon let the world know, so why not dress anyway??

That seems a bit like saying, "why carefully and tactfully tell somebody you're a crossdresser when you can just show up dressed?" There IS a difference between letting people know about something, and showing them. I have told many people about my CDing, but very few of them have seen it, and I plan on keeping it that way.

In answer to the main question...no, not yet anyway. I'm not ashamed, I'm just so young and so new to this that I'm waiting to get ready for it. I don't yet consider myself out to the world.

Oh, and just a random thought about the pin/ribbon. If I may suggest a small change to the plan, maybe instead of wearing it to symbolize being a CDer, it could be worn to symbolize support for CDers? Just a thought.

trannie T
03-05-2007, 04:30 PM
I voted no. When I want others to know I'm a crossdresser I wear a dress. When I don't I wear jeans. I would wear a pin if I got a discount at VS.

Peka TG
03-05-2007, 04:46 PM
I voted yes
It would be like a secret society pin.
We could use the old Civil Defense emblem

:hugs:
Paula

marie354
03-05-2007, 04:56 PM
Sure would!.. But only if just other CD's and those that accepted it knew about it.

Teresa Amina
03-05-2007, 05:01 PM
Actually I've got the insignia ready for you, though I came up with it as an idea of something obscure to wear to check reactions at airshows. "Fifinella" was the Disney created symbol for the WWII ATS- the womens Air Transport Service that flew warplanes from the factories to US airbases for duty.
I'm going to find a source for a hat with this on it (but not a pink hat:D )

Julie York
03-05-2007, 05:01 PM
I voted yes
It would be like a secret society pin.
We could use the old Civil Defense emblem

:hugs:
Paula

OOh I like that!

I might get one anyway! Because I'D know!:D

Brianna Lovely
03-05-2007, 05:13 PM
Gee, I always wanted to join the Red Hat Society. I spent a few years traveling around the country and often dined where the Red Hat ladies where having a gathering. Although I was always wearing something fem, not fully dressed, a few of the ladies, always managed to notice me and make a point to say hello and give me a big smile.

Of course, I do love their outfits!

Anyway, Gay people have used the rainbow as a unifying symbol, for a number of years. I know people who have rainbow stickers on their cars, and people who wear rainbow jewlery. However, I've heard many younger men say, "Oh no, anything but the rainbow, I'd never wear that!"

The mayor of St. Petersburg, FL recently ordered the City Logo, to be changed on all city vehicles It was a pelican with a rainbow for the background. The mayor said, "I don't want the city to be associated with a Gay symbol, so we're changing the background to blue".

I voted yes, but I realize that any symbol, would soon be known to everyone. Could this make us a "target"?

RobertaFermina
03-05-2007, 05:19 PM
Good Idea,

I like the fifinella symbol, maybe with rainbow wings?

I wear a symbol for my denomination (Unitarian) and we are frequently persecuted...even by Garrison Keillor (LOL) !

Actually I believe I am in a position to be *more open*, though not flagrant or flaming about my CDing. A modestly sized, novel and discreet symbol which inspires curious people to communicate with me is much better than a large sign that says "Hey Tranny Bashers! Fresh meat Right Here !"

:rose: Roberta :rose:

Teresa Amina
03-05-2007, 05:52 PM
"Hey Tranny Bashers! Fresh meat Right Here !"

Takes too much space anyway :D

How 'bout Fifinella with a circular rainbow around her? Get those arty people on it!

marie354
03-05-2007, 07:40 PM
How about something simple that we might already have?
A small post earing, a small silver ball, that we could wear on a lapel, shirt, or hat.
It wouldn't readily be noticeable, but it would be enough to say "I'm one."

Phyllis1
03-05-2007, 07:49 PM
I saw it mentioned in another post about wearing a pin or something else noticable to others, while in drab, that symbolizes a person is a crossdresser. This got me thinking..............

So let's say that by wearing a particular pin on your collar (while in drab), it shows that you are a crossdresser. Would you or would you not wear it in public?

I think that would be a very cool way to express oneself without actually going public. I totally support this

Phyllis from Houston Texas

Butterfly Bill
03-05-2007, 08:33 PM
:iagree: That's what I do.

lahr
03-05-2007, 08:44 PM
My wif certainly knows. My lesbian neighbors know and i'm 99% sure that my sister in law knows. Would I advertise the fact that i'm a CDer. Hell no. NOUGH.

Jesse69
03-05-2007, 10:06 PM
No. Crossdressing has made me lose many jobs. Wish it was just a big secret that no one knew. And when I go out it's very important that I pass and not look like a CD'r.

Joy Carter
03-05-2007, 10:20 PM
I bet I'd be the only one in the US with the vehicle registration of "CD.COM.":heehee:

janet p
03-05-2007, 10:44 PM
Like many others have said I pick where and when I wear it but other then that I would love to have it.:love:

janet p
03-05-2007, 10:48 PM
Like others have said I pick and choose when to wear it but other than that I would have no problem and it would make it so much easier to find others like me.:love:

marie354
03-06-2007, 12:05 AM
I bet I'd be the only one in the US with the vehicle registration of "CD.COM.":heehee:

That wouldn't work Joy... Look at this... http://www.cd.com

Oops!........................

Joy Carter
03-06-2007, 12:10 AM
Actually I've got the insignia ready for you, though I came up with it as an idea of something obscure to wear to check reactions at airshows. "Fifinella" was the Disney created symbol for the WWII ATS- the womens Air Transport Service that flew warplanes from the factories to US airbases for duty.

Oh I always wanted to be an Avatrix ! :daydreaming:

Lovely Rita
03-06-2007, 12:43 AM
Someday I want everyone to know. I think I am headed in the right direction. My SO knows and my best friend knows. Slow progress but progress nevertheless.

Dana Carlton
03-06-2007, 09:32 AM
Oh, and just a random thought about the pin/ribbon. If I may suggest a small change to the plan, maybe instead of wearing it to symbolize being a CDer, it could be worn to symbolize support for CDers? Just a thought.

This changes the whole premise. The pin has to mean and show that one crossdresses. There are many out there that support certain rights, yet do not exercise that right. Myself for example, I support gay rights, but I am not gay.

Charleen
03-06-2007, 10:04 AM
There's already a movement afoot to wear pinky rings. I wear a very femmine pinky ring, 1 of 5 rings I wear always, on my right hand.

Maddie
03-06-2007, 11:05 AM
since i already wear a rather fem pinky ring I would endorse the old Civil Defense pin. We would know and others would not realize it. The only change i would suggest is the colored circle be changed to a pink shade(as i believe it is red now) Believe it or not i have an antique cd pin somewhere.

kaitlin
03-06-2007, 11:21 AM
Hey Girls, I voted yes, and I support Peka's idea on the old CD pin. I think something like the colored ribbons or the CD pin, something that didn't just spell out crossdresser on it would be cool. We would know what it ment. Kaitlin

Dana Carlton
03-06-2007, 12:14 PM
How about something simple. Like a t-pin. They are available at any craft or fabric store. The "T" could stand for transgendered, transformed, trans....anything. Just a thought.

almalove
03-06-2007, 02:09 PM
I voted yes , I"m not ashamed of who I am !!!!!!!! :happy:

I think that the word " ashamed " is not the rigth one ( but that's just me , well maybe or at least not all the time ) but for me it would be hard to explain why I feel what I feel, as I my self can not fully understan it , But ashamed seems such a dirty word I rather call it privated because if I tell one person that would turn in to ten ,then hundreth and I know that must people will not get it , so I betther keep it like this .but may be we can have a sing that only CDS will know what it means that way we spot each other when in public. wait but then some body else would knot too , ok bad idea too . sorry can't think strait , streith, strath ............

Almalove.

myMichelle
03-06-2007, 02:29 PM
I first saw this post a couple days ago, but I had to think for a minute about how to respond to it...Like so many others have said, I'd be all for wearing a pin (or whatever) in certain circumstances. And again--as others have already pointed out, I'm not sure that wearing a pin etc. everywhere would be advisable.

One thing I would do, however, would be to display a sticker of some sort on my truck--probably in the back window. (Sometimes gay people will display a rainbow, teddy bear, etc. If we as crossdressers had an equivalent, I'd display it!)

JoAnnDallas
03-06-2007, 04:29 PM
First of all if your on this forum and any other CD forum, then a whole lot of people know about you. As for the pin, I would wear it when I would go shopping. That way if another CD was also shopping and noticed it, they would know.

SANDRA MICHELLE
03-06-2007, 05:27 PM
I voted yes but if others knew I wouldn't have to wear a pin because I would probably dress en-femm all the time if everyone knew I was a crossdresser, I secretly wish to get found out.

Erica Lauren James
03-06-2007, 06:18 PM
Absolutely!! Just think if every cd, transgendered woman wore a pin or something to identify themselves. Just think, We would no longer be looked upon as a minority as many many men cd to some extent just the majority are in the closet.

Kiera

Teresa Amina
03-09-2007, 06:54 PM

And I found it! Go to www.cafepress.com and you'll find many "Fifinella" items :happy: Now I'm all set for airshow season :happy:

Brianna Lovely
03-09-2007, 07:08 PM
One thing I would do, however, would be to display a sticker of some sort on my truck--probably in the back window. (Sometimes gay people will display a rainbow, teddy bear, etc. If we as crossdressers had an equivalent, I'd display it!)

I'm thinking of putting a pink teddy bear on my car window.

marie354
03-09-2007, 07:33 PM
How about something simple. Like a t-pin. They are available at any craft or fabric store. The "T" could stand for transgendered, transformed, trans....anything. Just a thought.

I think that, that is perfect... Simple, readily available, inexpensive & symbolic. "T" for "TG" or "TS"

Brandi1865
03-09-2007, 08:18 PM
I would wear a pin. I can't come out now or in the near future and it sure would be nice to see other friends - have a coffee, or just an e-mail exchange. Wanting to dress and go fully public goes beyond me on a personal bsais....I have to understand and take into account the impact on my family. May be a CS out, but it is how I feel. I am new to this forum, but I have been dressing for 30 yrs......and yes it would be an issue on both sides of the family.

Mary Jane
03-09-2007, 08:47 PM
I voted "YES", but only if it was a pin that other crossdressers would recognize. I am not ready to tell the general public about my dressing.

Colleentg
03-09-2007, 09:37 PM
I voted yes, too. I would suggest this site's emblem for one. I have seen others like the Tri-ess emblem would be good too.

Gizmo, Debbie
03-10-2007, 10:16 AM
while the idea of a pin type thing is a good idea i'm thinking is it necessary?
I don't think it would take long before sociaty worked out the meaning of the pin/badge? And for those that are happy and open about who they are then wouldn't the wearing of something girly in male mode ( like a ladies watch or necklace) do the same thing as a pin?

Just a thought ??:2c:

Shelly R
03-10-2007, 03:22 PM
You have to be out to wear some kind of sign that makes you instantly recognisable. Once the general public knows of this your secret's out, no privacy, this would also make you an instant target for CD bashing. We are not the most accepted group, and we always have to tell ourselves to be careful when out, why make this more difficult on ourselves?

stephanie100
03-10-2007, 03:38 PM
I think mostly only the CD community would know the true meaning of the symble I have wore a pink ribin some thought i was gay it actually i supproted a cancer research charity. but as others have said Im not ashamed of who I am

racquel
03-10-2007, 04:01 PM
I believe that a small pin on the collar would not be out of the question.Those that know what it stands for would be a lot more comfortable striking up a conversation and for those who do not know the meaning, we could just tell them that it stands for understanding and supporting those who are different.

btmgrl6
03-10-2007, 06:15 PM
I don't think I need to wear a pin for people to know I am a crossdresser.The skirt,make-up and boobs always seem to give me away....:heehee:
Maybe this question was meant for the part-time cd'ers..ya think?
BUT...yes i would wear a pin to show support

btmgrl6
03-10-2007, 06:41 PM
Something for us TG crossdressers too huh? I can hear the others now..OH HELL NO! :devil: