PDA

View Full Version : Is it genes?

Roberta-Jane
02-08-2005, 07:23 PM
The more I read on this forum and others, the more I find that I am reading the same stories (in principle) from all of us.

None of us can stop, we all want to dress more frequently,we love shopping (yea!),and we appreciate more and more the femmy things of llife.

So if there are so many of us out there and we are basically very similar in attitude and behaviour, have had similar experiences and histories, then it must be in the genes?

Does anyone know of any research done about genes and CDing.People talk about hormones but It sounds much more geneological to me.

What do others think?

Peace and tranquility

Roberta-Jane

June
02-08-2005, 07:38 PM
I've often thought it'd be great if we all wore a sign to identify ourselves (a red nose maybe LOL) that way we'd know each other :) But seriously, I think all guys have it in them, it's just a matter of whether they're given the ability to act on it during adolescence. A lot of imprinting goes on during that time in life and it's carried through to "grown-up-life" . These are my thoughts only, I'm sure other folks have valid theories also.

Danielle1960
02-08-2005, 07:56 PM
Hmmm... That would be interesting. Genealogical? My dad wore a dress as a toddler because in those days boy wore dresses until trained. We used to snicker at that a bit but I don't know if it would be more than that.

I was noticing the interaction of boy toddlers and there parents. My nephew is only 6 months old and he gets coddled by his mom and my wife and me too. It is a fun thing to do with children. Boys though quickly learn at about 2 years on that the coddling ends and one has to fit into a man's world. May be were just jealous of the attention women get? I don't know for sure or I might be very popular in the psychology circles. But it does seem to me that I like the way I feel while dressed. The more real I look the better I feel. I get angry when someone tries to deny me this part of my personality. :mad: (this is a new one).

I've done things in male form that most will never do, so maybe it is time to equal out the playing field of my mind and develope the rest of me? It sure is fun thinking about it. :)
Danielle

LauraLeigh
02-08-2005, 11:31 PM
I have 2 brothers...it would be interesting to know whether or not they are as inclined as I am...envirnoment can play as fundamental a role in development as genetics certainly can. I know we all smoked cigarettes because our parents did (prolly 2nd hand smoke addiction). I can't tell when I became en femme but I've always felt this way. XXXX LL

Helana
02-08-2005, 11:31 PM
Roberta-Jane

Go to an African village in the bush and you will not find crossdressers. ;) There are only similarities between us because we live in Western societies where behavoirs are stylised and uniformly imposed. We are subjected to the same cultural brainwashing as GGs so naturally we end up liking the same things.

Helana
02-08-2005, 11:35 PM
I have 2 brothers...it would be interesting to know whether or not they are as inclined as I am...envirnoment can play as fundamental a role in development as genetics certainly can. I know we all smoked cigarettes because our parents did (prolly 2nd hand smoke addiction). I can't tell when I became en femme but I've always felt this way. XXXX LL

Laura

Funnily enough, both my parents are heavy smokers and my father even worked for a cigarette company and had thousands of packs stored in our house, but neither myself or my brother had the slightest inclination to begin smoking. I guess we can all make choices even in the face of conformity.

LauraLeigh
02-08-2005, 11:36 PM
Roberta-Jane

Go to an African village in the bush and you will not find crossdressers. ;) There are only similarities between us because we live in Western societies where behavoirs are stylised and uniformly imposed. We are subjected to the same cultural brainwashing as GGs so naturally we end up liking the same things.

Helena..I love your insight...truely...LL

LauraLeigh
02-08-2005, 11:44 PM
I can remember as a youngster...had to have been 9-10..visiting my grandparents on a farm they had in southern New Hampshire....My gandmother was a smoker and I used to steal cigarettes from her while she was sleeping...It was like I HAD to have that butt....I dont think at that young age I even knew that smoking was bad...I just felt I had to smoke for sme reason...just like i felt I had to steal into my mother's bureau and try on everything she owned... intersting stuff fir sure....

Alayna
02-09-2005, 03:20 AM
Here's another poll for you: how many CD's are smokers?:D Seriously though, I think it is our experiences in life - especially those early formative years - that ultimately determine it. But our personalities (genetics?) determine whether or not any of those experiences are a "trigger" to becoming crossdressers. I don't think it has anything to do with machismo or anything like that, but how much we're in touch with or willing to explore our feminity and the ways we do so are the deciding factors.

If it were all genetics that would mean that there is a crossdressing gene out there that could be dominant or recessive and that there's a measurable percentage of a person being a crossdresser. Does anyone here have a family history of crossdressing (not transgenderism)?

On the other hand, personality traits such as alcoholism or violent tencencies can be linked to genetics too - so how much nature and how much nurture goes into what makes us who we are? I suppose if mankind ever can answer that question we'll know for sure. Until then, I'm just going to enjoy my skirts and lingerie and be happy for this gift:)

Priscilla1018
02-09-2005, 03:52 PM
Girls,
I usually try to keep it in my jeans, I could'nt help it I am on strong mind altering drugs. :eek:
Love and Hugs,
Priscilla

eleventhdr
02-09-2005, 11:11 PM
I think it goes very much deeper then just genes. Suzy!.