PDA

View Full Version : Why?

marie354
03-06-2007, 01:22 AM
I hope that it's OK for me to post here... Being a MTF, but still a GM... Born that way, ya' know.
But....
Every time I look in here, there isn't anyone here. Tonight I saw that there were 9! That's an alltime high that I've seen.

I think that I understand why there are more MTF's vs. FTM's... Women have a lot more to offer!

Anyhoo... Usually there are more of you guys looking as the MTF site than here.

I know the curiousity of all peoples can sometimes be overwhelming... But...

Is it the same thing that I'm thinking...
My View... Why would anyone want to be a man?

Do you say... Why would anyone want to be a woman?

Come on.... As I've said before on the MTF part....

I need input.......... Number 5 is ALIVE!

Abraxas
03-06-2007, 01:34 AM
I pretty much keep over here and at the clubhouse, although I will check the other forums occasionally, to see if there's anything I find interesting. As for the low numbers, well, there aren't that many of us and we live in different time zones so we're very rarely all here at the same time.

And to answer your other question, yeah, I've got no idea why anyone would choose to be a woman. I personally think that pretty much everything about being female sucks. No offence, it's just my opinion. I know, there are pros and cons to both sides, and to each his/her own. *shrug*

Joy Carter
03-06-2007, 01:34 AM
"The Grass is Always Greener !"

Don't know why, but I guess they lost the tech manual when I was being built. Because there was a girls heart installed by mistake.

Abraxas
03-06-2007, 01:39 AM
Yeah, and I've got a boy's brain. I like it, though, and don't plan on taking a trip to Oz anytime soon.

(That's, as in the wonderful Wizard, not... okay, yeah you get it, don't you, you smart people!)

*feels a little silly, must be the lollipop!*

marie354
03-06-2007, 01:40 AM
I'm sorry if I offended any one here... I just wanted to know if some of the same things that I am experiencing as an MTF are what you are experiencing.
We are, after all... In the same kinda' "Boat"... (Well... Ok... Maybe a ship.)

marie354
03-06-2007, 01:55 AM
I know I shouldn't post one after another but... As has been said on different areas here, maybe not in so many words... We may have been born one way... But in all reality, well... We're a bit more... understanding?
We are all individuals, and expression of our inner self really shows just who we really are.
We can't always really show everyone how we feel inside... I mean really inside! But at least here, we can.

John
03-06-2007, 06:18 AM
There are more MTFs because a bloke puting on a skirt is crossdressing, but a woman puting on trowsers is life. To qualify/identify as FTM, you'd have to be pretty hard-core, as in actually wanting to transition. It uest to be that a woman wereing trousers was crossdressing, and I hope that in the future men wereing dresses will become the norm, but untill then, the numbers will be squewed purelly by definition.

As for why I wana be a man... Think of how good it feels to where brest-forms, or make-up, or anything like that. You know, that feeling of elation because it's just right. That's what I get every time I pack, or put on a tie. And vice-versa, the feeling of 'wrong' I get wereing skirts or nickers is the same a TS MTF would get from, say, a beard. (god, a want a beard... an evill-twin goaty :D)

pocoyo
03-06-2007, 08:09 AM
Haha yeah there are fewer FtM's due to what Josh said about a female-bodied person has to have pretty harcore gender issues to actually even 1) realise they have gender issues and 2) seek help and advice about it! (because it's so normal these days for women to wear "male" clothes/ have "male" traits).

Hence why most FtM's which you see about, who realise/say they are FtMs, are pretty much transexual or nearing it (as opposed to being a crossdresser - of which there are of course many mtf's here which make up the majority of the huge numbers).

Oh btw... the reason we meet here on a "crossdressing" board is because there are relatively very few ftm resources out there and this is a wonderful place for us to meet!
A more appropriate title for the FtM section would actually be "Female to Male Transgender Section". Of course there is also the transexual forum for us to utilise. :happy:

I visit all/most of the boards but I know a lot of ftms just stay here or the clubhouse.

Lol. My body/gender dysphoria aside, I think that being male or female both have their benefits and drawbacks. In equal measures... but the problems/good bits are just different problems/good bits.
I could have worked that ^ out myself, but I actually know that from experience having spent time as both.

Oh yeah, and as to why I want to be a man. Well my brain is basically male (or mainly male... obviously everyone is a mix of both) and I just feel more comfortable with a male body and rather uncomfortable with my female body. (That's a very simplified version of how I feel lol!)

Sorry if the above doesn't make sense but I just woke up *chuckles*

bi_weird
03-06-2007, 08:43 AM
Hrm well I'll answer with more specific (and therefore less likely to be applicable to the other guys) things than has been said so far.
Advantages to being a man:
Being more able to lift heavy objects (and people giving me a chance to try rather than just finding a man to do it for me)
The muscle mass to be able to beat my little brother in a wrestling match again
Going shirtless
No more makeup! - SUCH a hassel, I do dislike being obliged to wear it sometimes
Ties. The most excellent article of atire ever invented
No peroids. That should be on here about four times.
The clothes are way cooler and simpler. Life in general is lower maintainence. Same with the hair. (I'm really considering chopping my short and dying it blue...but I'm afraid I'd end up with a white girl's 'fro so I keep not doing it)

Of course, that's just perks. Like you, the reason I want to express my trans nature is that it is who I am. Not all of me is female, and it feels so freeing to put on mens clothes and wander campus that way. It feels right and comfortable. The real reason all of us don clothing of the gender other than how we were born is that we don't match our birth genders completely all the time.
*laughs* Being bi and andro, people like you fascinate me. Like my one straight guy friend who is so lost as to why anyone would like men. He's just really really straight, as you're really trans. I get the best of every world.

Oh 'nother thought. I'm sure part of it for me (and wouldn't be surprised if part of it for others) is the novelty of getting to be someone new.

John
03-06-2007, 10:52 AM
No peroids. That should be on here about four times.

Aymen to that!:eek:

(btw, washing/drying aside, short hair takes more time and effort than long. Ever since I had mine short, I actually have to do something with it to make it look half way decent)

marie354
03-06-2007, 11:13 AM
I've enjoyed all of your replies. I had figured that we all had a bit in common anyway and I've learned a few things too.
Like being to take my shirt off if I want when I'm out in the yard. It never seemed to be an issue for me, but for you guys I guess that could be kinda revealing.
But now I'll probably never take my shirt off anymore as my pecs have sagged to the point that I can fill an A cup and don't want people pointing that out on me.

Anyway... Thanks for the insitefull responses. I have always had this burning desire to learn everything I can about everything I can.

marie354
03-06-2007, 11:22 AM
btw, washing/drying aside, short hair takes more time and effort than long. Ever since I had mine short, I actually have to do something with it to make it look half way decent)

I am growing my hair long now so I can do more with it. When I was younger, I had it down just below my shoulders and it wasn't much trouble. Pony-tailed it most of the time. Shampoo went a lot faster then.

When I started cutting my hair because of my profession, it took a while to "train" it to lay the way I wanted, but my hair has a weird curl to it anyway which makes it hard to cut it right too. For me longer is better.

Stylists want to cut my hair wet. Big no no with my hair. It behaves perfectly when wet, and just frizzes afterward.
A men's barber is a lot better for me as they cut it dry, so you might want to try that sometime.

John
03-06-2007, 12:54 PM
My hair goes weird too, curles in on one side and out on the other (because hair groes in a spiral. Yes, most of the stuff I know is useless). My hair dosn't go 'frizzy' so much as 'wumff' when drying. Used to be that the weight kept it down, now I do a verry good Einstine impresion first thing in the morning (not that the left-in gell helps, or anything...).

amanda barber
03-06-2007, 01:13 PM
I hope that it's OK for me to post here... Being a MTF, but still a GM... Born that way, ya' know.
But....
Every time I look in here, there isn't anyone here. Tonight I saw that there were 9! That's an alltime high that I've seen.

I know the curiousity of all peoples can sometimes be overwhelming... But...

I need input.......... Number 5 is ALIVE!

It's a crucible efect. Every man that puts on a skirt and wants to talk about it joins a crossdresser site. Most women that put on pants don't think its worth mentioning. Many FTM's that do post are at the very least thinking of transistioning or heavily researching their gender identity. Thead counts here are about 17,000 MTF to 500 FTM, most of those 17,000 threads are from crossdressers that like womans clothes and would never concider themselvse transgender in any way. If you were to read a site that focus's on transgender issues and have sections for MTF and FTM, the numbers change drasticly and you see threads counts around 350 MTF and 275 FTM.
The FTM #'s don't change that much but the MTF #'s fall off the scale, still outnumbering FTM but not by much.

So I would say that most of our FTM members have spent alot of nights soul searching who they really are.

~~~~now where did I put that Dental foot extractor?~~~~

pocoyo
03-06-2007, 01:17 PM
I have to say... hair straighteners (especially GHD) are one of the best inventions ever!

joshawesome
03-06-2007, 01:21 PM
I have naturally curly hair and hair straighteners work for all of 30 minutes. Once it gets to a certain length, it starts to turn into an afro. I like to keep my hair short. Super short, just so that I don't have to have the fro. Well, that and I like to feel my head a lot when it's cut that short. It feels awesome. :p

pocoyo
03-06-2007, 01:26 PM
I have naturally curly hair and hair straighteners work for all of 30 minutes. Once it gets to a certain length, it starts to turn into an afro. I like to keep my hair short. Super short, just so that I don't have to have the fro. Well, that and I like to feel my head a lot when it's cut that short. It feels awesome. :p

There are ways around that, to some degree at least... involving either/and/or.... blowdrying 1st, heat-protection spray, a touch of serum afterwards. Bit of wax/product.
Plus some straighteners are crappy.

Or u could even try chemically relaxing it should you so desire :eek:

MMmm I agree, short hair feels lovely!

John
03-06-2007, 01:36 PM
I like short hair on me, but I LOVE long hair on women... (bad brain, verry bad brain!)

I hope that it's OK for me to post here... Being a MTF, but still a GM

Hey, you're allways welcome this side of the fence. I for one like talking to you bunch, I figure most of us are in a similar place, just moving in the opersit direction.

joshawesome
03-06-2007, 01:59 PM
There are ways around that, to some degree at least... involving either/and/or.... blowdrying 1st, heat-protection spray, a touch of serum afterwards. Bit of wax/product.
Plus some straighteners are crappy.

Or u could even try chemically relaxing it should you so desire :eek:

MMmm I agree, short hair feels lovely!

I went and had it professionally done. We were there for five hours trying to get it to straighten. My hair is just as stubborn as I am :p

Long hair on women is hot but short can be too. It all depends on how they wear it. I'm just a fan of women in general.

Dasein9
03-06-2007, 02:03 PM
Why not?

Eh, just couldn't resist! :D

Felix
03-06-2007, 02:14 PM
Welcome to the board Marie ya welcome anytime. I have to agree with Amanda I think us FTM's do a lot of soul searching, I know I definitely do, I question everything. Why do I want to be a man? Because it feels right, I feel comfortable in male mode I feel that's what I am besides that I still have bits I don't want :o which doesn't help :heehee: xx Felix :hugs:

pocoyo
03-06-2007, 03:35 PM
I went and had it professionally done. We were there for five hours trying to get it to straighten. My hair is just as stubborn as I am :p

Haha stubborn hair!!! Aww bless.
I once had my hair professionally straightened, and it didn't work at all... some of my hair even snapped off! :eek:
But when I found GHD hair straighteners I was soo happy. Now I can have wavy OR straight hair!
My hair is only wavy/curly though.. not a 'fro... but... they mussst be able to give people with well curly hair straight hair... 'cos they relax black peoples hair all the time! It's probably a stronger formula or something... that's probably what you need.... (if you could be bothered!)

Kimberley
03-06-2007, 04:26 PM
It's a crucible efect. Every man that puts on a skirt and wants to talk about it joins a crossdresser site. Most women that put on pants don't think its worth mentioning. Many FTM's that do post are at the very least thinking of transistioning or heavily researching their gender identity. Thead counts here are about 17,000 MTF to 500 FTM, most of those 17,000 threads are from crossdressers that like womans clothes and would never concider themselvse transgender in any way. If you were to read a site that focus's on transgender issues and have sections for MTF and FTM, the numbers change drasticly and you see threads counts around 350 MTF and 275 FTM.
The FTM #'s don't change that much but the MTF #'s fall off the scale, still outnumbering FTM but not by much.

So I would say that most of our FTM members have spent alot of nights soul searching who they really are.

~~~~now where did I put that Dental foot extractor?~~~~

This is exactly a point I was trying to make a week ago. The TS elements are probably about equal. Still it is hard to quantify the numbers.

Thanks Amanda

pocoyo
03-06-2007, 04:47 PM
Wow I'd missed amanda's post somehow this morning.

Yeah thats so true.

bi_weird
03-06-2007, 06:01 PM
Haha straightening my hair. I once had it chemically straightened...it made it SLIGHTLY less kinky. I've used a teflon straightener, and that worked but took FOREVER. My hair is just out of control. So I'm really worried about what it'd look like short. Unless I went really short...I dunno.

pocoyo
03-06-2007, 06:07 PM
Haha! Well short hair is pretty cool to control with straightners... because there's less of it, so less time consuming (depending on the style, that is).
When I had jaw-length all the same length hair (no layers) it was SOO amazingly straight, with the assistance of my lovely straighteners.
Also when it was short it helped get rid of those silly kinks it wants to go into.
When it was short-short it was also handy on the bits that fitted in (you can get mini ones for real short hair too). and when it was shaved... I didn't need them haha, apart from sometimes to help spike up my mohawk!!
Seriously.. get some GHDs... they're expensive but well worth it!
(Don't forget the heat protection spray or iron oil if you do though!)

I have a confession... I've been letting my hair go wavy sometimes at the moment... and I like it! :eek: It's at a length where the curlyness doesn't offend me, HAHA "offend me"!!

Abraxas
03-06-2007, 06:35 PM
I think my hair's gone wavier since I shaved it. It's weird, when I was like 10 it was super wavy-- so much that when it was short, it poofed out. When I got older, it straightened up some, and now I think it's getting wavy again.
Not entirely sure, it's still too short to tell, but it's definitely curling up a bit. Of course, once it gets a little longer the extra weight will change the look of it... I'm interested to find out what it'll look like.

Kieron Andrew
03-06-2007, 06:36 PM
I'm interested to find out what it'll look like.
pictures sooooo needed lol:heehee:

Abraxas
03-06-2007, 06:41 PM
When I get my paycheck I'll look into getting a new camera or a new memory card for my old one. Then I can actually take and post pictures, and not have to wait for my friends to put theirs online. *grin*

pocoyo
03-06-2007, 06:47 PM
Yaaay new Abraxas cam....!!
... haha... poofy hair... well you are a poof dear boy :p

Abraxas
03-06-2007, 07:31 PM
Yeah, it was pretty bad... This is one of the less-poofy days. School pic from when I was 10 (can you say, dork?). I still have that shirt, too, believe it or not...

CaptLex
03-06-2007, 07:43 PM
Yeah, it was pretty bad... This is one of the less-poofy days. School pic from when I was 10 (can you say, dork?). I still have that shirt, too, believe it or not...
Hmmm . . . now I'm thinking . . . I bet Hugh Laurie probably looked something like that when he was 10. :tongueout

CaptLex
03-06-2007, 07:46 PM
Is it the same thing that I'm thinking...
My View... Why would anyone want to be a man?

Do you say... Why would anyone want to be a woman?
Definitely sounds like a case of the grass is always greener on the other side. But I don't wonder why anyone would want to be a man or a woman - we are what we are. It would be really boring and senseless if we were all alike, so I'm glad we have a mix of men, women and everything in between in this world (and on this forum). :D

Abraxas
03-07-2007, 01:28 AM
Hmmm . . . now I'm thinking . . . I bet Hugh Laurie probably looked something like that when he was 10. :tongueout

Oh, Captain, my Captain, you flatter me. Silly...
He did say as a teenager he went through a period of managing to be fat and thin at the same time. I definitely went through that. I was pretty revolting. Unfortunately for me, that's probably where the similarities end. Now I'm only sort of revolting.
Let's see... If I can... Ahh, yes, here we go. Hugh with his son. Which probably gives a pretty good idea of what Hugh looked like when he was younger... (clickable thumb, if it works right)

http://xs513.xs.to/xs513/07103/hughlaurie100.jpg.xs.jpg (http://xs.to/xs.php?h=xs513&d=07103&f=hughlaurie100.jpg)

kerrianna
03-07-2007, 01:43 AM
TY Marie for starting this thread and proving that the FTM side of this forum is so important to the rest of us.

First off these guys took over this thread like a ship full of threadthirsty pirates, swarming over the treasure. We should all learn to be so passionate.

What I find is really cool with these dudes here is that they understand that TG is TG and don't question CDing. I don't think I've ever heard a FTM here say "I don't get why a guy would want to be a girl!". I have heard the opposite though. TG is TG. CD is CD. I think it's totally cool to know that there is a swap meet going on. Works for me. :happy: (with a nod to Salandra :hugs: )

Kate Simmons
03-07-2007, 02:43 AM
Okay Kerri, here's a first. I don't know why a guy would want to be a girl, I don't. I just like looking like one once in a while. I don't say that lightly though and it took me a while to determine that. I have to give credit where it is due, however. It took the guys here on the Forum to make me appreciate what I have as Richard by sharing their feelings. Realizing that is going to remain one of my milestones for 2007. Being Salandra is nice and I enjoy it but to do it all the time--ennnt--wrong! Being honest with myself is a big accomplishment and I owe part of that realization to all of my friends here.:happy:

kerrianna
03-07-2007, 03:27 AM
:happy: why I love you Salandra, your honesty.

I'ma gonna tell you why I want to be a girl, even though I know why it seems to be better to be born a guy in this world.

I wanna be a girl because in this society girls get to be totally emotional and even if it's dismissed as PMS wacky etc guys still don't get that opening. I AM an emotional being, maybe first and foremost.

I wanna be a girl because girls can adopt a come and get me stance and that is attractive. A guy doing that has to be pretty dang attractive! So maybe a bit of laziness, but really to me as a shy person being female would give me avenues not easily available as a guy.

I wanna be a girl because girls look after each other and the world.

I wanna be a girl because girls work together more often than not.

I wanna be a girl because girls get to wear really nice and interesting clothes.

I wanna be a girl because I am used to being the underdog and rooting for the underdog and girls are not only the underdogs but they are the key to opening the world. I want to be a part of that.

I want to be a girl because many many more girls in my life resonate to my views than boys, although I hope it's just a matter of getting boys to give it up.

I wanna be a girl cuz that's what I have always wanted to be. Nothing in life has made me think otherwise, except I have embraced my masculine self and would NEVER compromise it for my female self. I think of them as equals.

:hugs: :love:

Kate Simmons
03-07-2007, 05:05 AM
I agree Kerrianna. Both of my sides now work in concert and that makes me a stronger person. I can be who I want when I want and act how I want when I want. I don't have to be Richard to act like Salandra or vice versa. This gives me an enormous amount of freedom and latitude and I don't need to fit into anyone else's gender agenda. One thing you can always expect with me is the unexpected.;) :battingeyelashes:

CaptLex
03-07-2007, 10:22 AM
Let's see... If I can... Ahh, yes, here we go. Hugh with his son. Which probably gives a pretty good idea of what Hugh looked like when he was younger... (clickable thumb, if it works right)

http://xs513.xs.to/xs513/07103/hughlaurie100.jpg.xs.jpg (http://xs.to/xs.php?h=xs513&d=07103&f=hughlaurie100.jpg)
Well, his son is a cutie, but having seen pics of Hugh when he was younger, I'd say he gets better looking as he ages, so I still think he was probably not as handsome as a kid as he is now. And you're not revolting. Stop saying that or you'll be sent to the brig (but Poc is always in there, so he'll keep you company).

pocoyo
03-07-2007, 10:26 AM
*Enjoying Kerrianna's and Salandra's comments....*

Yeah Abraxas... you are so NOT revolting, you bloody.. bloody...... *shakes fist*..... bloody.... TWONK.
But yeah! Feel free to come join me in the brig (haha I can't help being naughty cap!)... we'll play snakes and ladders or something haha! :heehee:

Btw I think that pic of u is so cute! Teehee mini-hugh....

I can also relate to being fat and thin at the same time (but in a short-person way)... pretty confusing that is lol!

marie354
03-07-2007, 01:50 PM
I'm glad that I've found so many nice people on this site no mater what side of the fence we are on... Even if some of us are sitting right on the fence. Tee-Hee-Hee

Abraxas
03-07-2007, 02:25 PM
:heehee: Twonk. I love that word so much...

Okay... Fine. I'll stop saying I'm revolting. *mumbles* bloody self-image...

But can I stay in the brig anyway?

*random non-sequitur*

I want some pineapple upside-down cake.

kerrianna
03-07-2007, 02:49 PM
:heehee: Twonk. I love that word so much...

Okay... Fine. I'll stop saying I'm revolting. *mumbles* bloody self-image...

But can I stay in the brig anyway?

*random non-sequitur*

I want some pineapple upside-down cake.

*takes pineapple upside-down cake (mmmmmmmm!) to the brig*

Here you go you poor boys. Having to stay in this nasty brig! :rolleyes:

*fluffs up some comfy pillows, sits down by the big screen TV and hangs out with the boys for awhile, getting bits of cake all over her blouse* :p

ZenFrost
03-12-2007, 06:15 PM
It's not that I don't see why anyone would want to be a woman, it's just that I can't think of a good reason why I would want to be one. There are a lot of benifits to being a man that I miss out on because I was born female. And there are a lot of icky things about women that I'm stuck with. Periods for instance, which come with horrible cramps, messy bleeding, fatigue, weight gain, hellish migraines, mood swings, and really bad nausea for several days before, during and after the actual period occurs. I really can't see why anyone would want that. I'm also not a big fan of having breasts. I mean, really, they're these big lumps of flesh hanging off my chest and when I try to do any physical activity they bounce really uncomfortably. So those reasons, among many other things are why I don't want to be a woman.