PDA

View Full Version : Went to the laundromat in a miniskirt

NatalieGirl
03-06-2007, 01:30 AM
After reading Jennifer's thread about wearing a miniskirt in public, I wondered if I had the guts to do that.

Soooooo.... I needed to do my laundry this evening, and wore ballet flats, brown sweater tights, black miniskirt (mid-thigh length), and a long-sleeved, hooded top with a floral design on the front. I kept my makeup to a minimum of lipstick, base powder, and eyebrow pencil.

I wore a scrunci hairband on my wrist so I could tie up my hair in the laundromat. I have always envied GGs who did that.

When I got there, there were five men and one woman in the place. They were too self-absorbed to pay me any attention at all. I think I could have walked in there wearing a wedding gown and they would not have noticed. I sat down at a table to do some paperwork while my clothes were in the washers.

After I put my clothes in the dryer, I tied my hair into a ponytail (long dark brown wig) and then drove to Starbucks to get a coffee. There were no customers in Starbucks, just two young men behind the counter who were obviously exhausted and eager to call it a night. I got my coffee to go and headed back to the laundromat.

The rest was totally uneventful. But it was nice to act like a lady this evening.

Lovely Rita
03-06-2007, 01:42 AM
You go girl. It sounds like you had a great time.

I never knew doing laundry could be so exciting but you made it so.

noname
03-06-2007, 03:34 AM
See, just goes to show. Guys can wear what they want. For the most part with out incident. ( intersting it seems to only be family and friends that give guys grief. )

Brianna Lovely
03-06-2007, 04:44 AM
Ok, gurl, you inspired me. I'll have to go to the laundry, Wednesday morning, in a skirt. What fun!

Amy Hepker
03-06-2007, 04:48 AM
That's cool, I don't know if I would take that chance or not. Some of the people I have seen in Laundromats before make me wonder if I am safe dressed as a guy.

Paulacder
03-06-2007, 04:49 AM
What a confidence builder, Good for you.

Kristen Marie
03-06-2007, 07:35 AM
Most fun I have is bringing my skirt to the laundromat. Congrats!! And I love the scrunci story!

Not raising suspicions is a great compliment!

shannonsilk
03-06-2007, 01:55 PM
great story. i'll have to try that.

myMichelle
03-06-2007, 02:34 PM
That's awesome. Way to go. I wear minis a lot, so I know where you're coming from! (BTW whoever invented the mini skirt was a fashion genius!)
Glad you enjoyed your experience--now go out and do it again, and again, and again...

Kathleen Ann Trees
03-06-2007, 06:01 PM
Whether doing dishes, laundry, or paperwork for the job, doing it en femme makes it a wonderful activity. I long for the day when I can cut the grass, play a round of golf, or have a nice shopping trip with a dinner out. All of your support is appreciated and maybe I can get there some day.

Kathleen