PDA

View Full Version : Are You? -SO acceptance

Megan72
03-06-2007, 07:54 AM
I was wondering to what extent your SO's accept or not you crossdressing. This is open to the GG's as well. Is you SO intolerant, tolerant, accepting, or do they embrace your fem side?

suzy
03-06-2007, 08:08 AM
Good question.

My wife is more than tolerant, but doesn't quite reach embrace. We often discuss and look through catelogs for enfemm clothes for me, we shop together for my enfemm things and she buys things for me occasionally.

She encourages me to dress and assists me in putting on my make up as well as giving me tips. She is more encouraging than I am willing to take it. I have more of a problem with accepting myself than she does.

I am comfortable with our arrangement because I am not ready to go much further as I am at the moment. I'm content with what I have and so is she so what we have works for both of us.:hugs:

Rashell StClaire
03-06-2007, 08:10 AM
Barely tolerent. She knows but wants no involvement:sad:

Mary Jane
My wife is accepting to a point. I only dress when she is away from home since she has no desire to participate. I used to say she only tolerated my dressing but I guess I see it as her way of accepting it now. It is not the way I wish it was, of course, but much better than having to keep this side of me a secret.

Jere Oneil
I posted this before, but my wife doesn't mind me wearing lingerie, or wearing skirts or dresses around our home, and that includes outside because the nearest neighbors can't see us with a telescope. However, if I shaved off my beard and started putting on makeup and a wig, I don't think she'd be very accepting at all.

kellylv
03-06-2007, 08:16 AM
who's very lucky to have a very supporting so kelli, it's a 1-10 for most of us here, I would say I'm an 8 in my acceptance, perhaps in a numbered system it would make a good poll. I have to respect her feelings, moods, humor, and lack of. I always try to read the situation as better to forgoe a moment, place, or time rather than force an issue that could damage our relationship. oh 1 being the least and 10 being 100%, my ex well I will leave that for another time. Its an extraordinary and complex issue and judging by the posts here it's more of an encyclopedia than a book.

Eugenie
03-06-2007, 08:30 AM
Well up until recently I was convinced my wife, who had known about my Xdressing since more than 30 years, was indifferent to it, providing I wouldn't bother her with the subject...

Well, a recent crisis in our couple demonstrated that I was wrong...

She knew a lot more about my life as "Eugenie" than I thought she did. It did bother her that my "femme side" was taking so much of my life, and indeed that was the case... She was very unhappy that I wanted to come out to every one, at least, it was the impression she got from my behaviour...

I've had to balance my life a lot more between my "femme side" and my other duties as a husband and father...

But on the bright side, we finally discussed more in details my x-dressing urge. A thing she had steadfastly refused to do in all these 30 years that she has known about it...

I have now clear boundaries which make my life a lot easier to organise. And it makes her happier as my x-dressing doesn't interfere as much in our couple life as it had done lately, in particular since I started to accept my feminine side better thanks to forums like this one...

I just have to remember to follow the boundaries that we aggreed upon...

:hugs:
Eugenie

Megan72
03-06-2007, 09:49 AM
Thank you all for the replies thus far. I did consider making this a poll but apart from not knowing exactly how to do that, I really get annoyed with them at times. So many just answer the poll and do not respond.

My wife of 12 years is accepting but I would not say embracing. She mentioned the other day that at first it was strange but she is coming to terms and that as long as she sees some benefit to my crossdressing she is OK with it. Normally I would say that she may be being selfish, but given the odd nature of the whole crossdressing thing I felt that she was well within her rights to feel this way in our relationship.

kaitlin
03-06-2007, 11:40 AM
Hi Kelliann, My Girlfriend knows and supports me 100%. Due to where we live she doesn't want me to go out dressed but at home anything goes! She will even say things like "why don't you go put on a gown and get comfy" Or will ask what Kaitlin is up to tonight. We have beach trip planned this summer and we were talking about things we wanted to do, she asked if I needed any new fem outfits to wear or if I had enough. She then said "well you can dress the part or those pretty polished toes are going to look out of place with your flip flops. WOW !!!! Isn't true love a grand thing!!!!!!!!!!!!! Kaitlin

Jenn2716
03-06-2007, 11:56 AM
Well, if I had posted in this thread two weeks ago my answer would be totally different than it is now.

As of today, my wife is accepting of the fact that I am a crossdresser, however she no longer wants to see it, participate in it, discuss it and possibly not even stay married to a crossdresser. This comes after 12 years of being togther and actively supporting my crossdressing since year 1.

She realizes that I cannot stop wanting to dress, but she wants me to not want to dress. Even though she has spent a decade buying femme clothing, hanging out with me enfemme, helping me shave, incorporating my femme side in the bedroom, and going out enfemme together on halloweens, she has now done a 180 degree spin and is not intersted in exploring this anymore.

:sad:

Joy Carter
03-06-2007, 11:57 AM
Acknowledged by the wife. She knows it's not going away. No restrictions other than she doesn't want to see me.:o
My one big dream is for her to accept me for who I am. She is reaping a side benefit because I'm Mr/Mrs happy now.:D

Stephenie S
03-06-2007, 12:02 PM
She is accepting. I try not to shove it down her throat. I do NOT try to be intimate with her as Stephenie. I guess I don't really want to do that, as I am not a lesbian.

Steph

Sheila
03-06-2007, 12:25 PM
I accept, and encourage as much as possible ........... struggle with bits sometimes but we generally mange to work through the rough bits

Jess

Marianna Julianna
03-06-2007, 12:37 PM
Accepting, she insists on referring to us as men (because you're not women) the thing that annoys her most is that I don't talk much about it. There I was thinking I'd better not say too much, for fear of pushing her away from her acceptance, and she says she wants to know all. So, I'm going to tell her about the GG section on here and the other forums, to see if she decides to have a look. Better watch what I say from now on, in case she does.

Tree GG
03-06-2007, 01:27 PM
Quick frankly, this came out of nowhere as far as I am concerned. Call me naive, unobservant, self or child focused, whatever. I had no clue. I've dealt with homosexuality in the family but his CDing isn't that.

He's been a loyal, faithful, husband for many years and CDing did bring out some of his worst characteristics big time in the beginning, but I feel he at least deserved the opportunity to be heard and try to understand. And as it's progressed, some good things have come into our relationship. I cannot, in clear conscious, tell anyone they can or cannot do something.

Would I have gone looking for a TG partner way back when - probably not. Do I find it deplorable and perverted - no. Do I fully understand, applaude & embrace his transgenderism - no. Some aspects make me feel uncomfortable and anxious. Don't know why. I am, however, sincerely pleased that he is apparently happy with himself and sees himself as blessed compared to other men. Everyone should feel good about themselves.

Unfortunately, I can understand Jenni2716's wife. I'm really sorry you're feeling hurt & scared Jenni:hugs:. I certainly hope that's not her final word and it can be worked out happily. Just like CD's who try to suppress it or compromise it to almost nothing run the risk of resenting their lack of freedom, I think SO's sometimes may get tired of being in a "community" where they're a guest - observer only.

Lovely Rita
03-06-2007, 01:36 PM
My SO just loves my femme side. I know that this is the exception and not the rule. I am thrilled to have my life long partner love this side of me as well. It is trully liberating. I never forget to count my blessings on this one. She is my number one fan.

I am so greatful for her.

kittypw GG
03-06-2007, 02:23 PM
I accept it, I tolerate it, even participate. I just don't want my thoughts to be consumed with it. I get annoyed when MY whole life revolves around crossdressing. It is not my thing after all. The more that my spouse consideres my feelings and goes out of his way to please me the more I feel like pleasing him (and I do know what he wants if you know what I mean).
Kitty

gennee
03-06-2007, 02:37 PM
My wife knows I wear panties, bra, and a top. She doesn't accept me wearing the skirts but she'll borrow mine. Go figure.

Gennee :D

amanda barber
03-06-2007, 02:41 PM
Embracing.
If we weren't happy together, we'd be happier apart.

noname
03-06-2007, 03:44 PM
I can wear whatever I please around the house. Going out, as long I wear pants, everything else is ok. She just asks that I don't carry a bag with this white hooded jacket. ( no idea ) I guess I should count myself pretty lucky.

Sandra
03-06-2007, 03:56 PM
She dresses 24/7 no male clothing at all I think I accept ;)

suchacutie
03-06-2007, 04:04 PM
my wife and tina are best girlfriends. tina would have never existed without her girlfriend! We discuss everything feminine and nothing is out of bounds. tina loves to visit her girlfriend, and those visits are initiated by both of us. We have a terrific relationship and I just love being with my girlfriend!

tina

Tammietoo
03-06-2007, 04:13 PM
My wife knows that I dress, and I guess is tolerant of that fact, but has no desire to see me dressed or participate. We did go out on Halloween dressed last year, and although we had a good time I think that was a one-time deal. Occasionally, when we've been shopping together she'll buy me something, but that pretty rare and I can tell she is conflicted about it. On one hand she doesn't want to encourage me, but she is also sympathic--to a point. She'd rather I didn't dress, but knows that it's part of me.

VTDresser
03-06-2007, 04:16 PM
My wife has know about my dressing for the last 4 years; at first she was indifferent to it, causing me to drop into a deep depression that I am still trying to get away from.

About 9 months ago, she dropped a bombshell on me that she contacted a former lover that she kept in contact with during our dating. She offered no reason to doing this and I have thought that I was not the first choice irregardless of her marrying me. I figured that she needed to be put in a position to know what my life was like as a CD.

To make a connection to the original question, she has become more (because I forced her to deal with me) involved in my selection of clothing, helping me shop on line and in stores. She tells me that I have a better fashion sense that she ever would (as we jokingly refer her lingerie selection the "Blue Seal Foods Collection" or "Sensual Lingerie from John Deere").

About a month ago, we went shopping at a Kohl's; I selected numerous clothes for her to try on. Instead of me acting like the bored husband, waiting outside the changing room, she demanded that I go into the changing room with her to not waste any time.

Little did I know that it was expected that I would try on some of the clothes I selected for her. I would say that she does at embrace my skills at choosing stylish clothes, having a keen eye for what would look good on her.
However, she does laugh at some of my nighties, telling me that they do not do anything for me.

FYI - The former lover returns to this area occasionally; I guess I'll have to agonize until she confronts the issue of her "true love".

Thanks for reading!

Linda Daniels
03-06-2007, 04:20 PM
Ok, here goes...I've been dating a wonderful girl and, well last weekend we had "The Talk" ...since she is the one that I plan to marry, it just had to be done! Basicly, I told her that my being a CD is something that has been with me all my life and it wasn't going to go away. I told her that I am the same person that she has been in love with. I told her that I like being who I am and that is a big part of why she likes me. I also told her that being a CD is not a perverted sexual fetish thing. Then I finished by saying that I would be happy to discuss or answer any questions that she may have.

Beginning a relationship with such a huge secret is devestating to a relationship...we all know that as an absolute fact. I'm not sure where this will all end up, but so far I believe that sharing this inner most part of me has brought us even closer. I know that if I had kept all this to myself and was found out...which we all know we will be...it would have put a serious dent in the relationship. I can't express how relieved I am to have "the Talk" behind me. If anyone is interested, I'll keep you posted.

Huggs

Linda

tinasim
03-06-2007, 04:39 PM
My wife is like some of the others here - she is accepting of me to a point. She insists on using masculine pronouns and my male name when she talks to me (she doesn't even want to know my femme name).

She does do a lot of things for me - she's letting me grow my hair out, and she helped me pick out my last wig. She also gives me time every day to dress if I want.

Christa
03-06-2007, 06:31 PM
I came out to my partner (male) about my dressing about a year and half ago (14 years into our relationship). He was very non-judgmental about it, but didn't really want to participate in any way. I can't say I blame him... I was just grateful that he didn't totally freak out about it.

But the most fantastic thing happended last Saturday night. He asked if I had a nighty I could put on for bed! My biggsest fantasy, realized!!

I only hope this is the beginning of more Christa time at home.

cocopuff's girl GG
03-06-2007, 08:17 PM
:2c: One thing to remember is this is something most of you have dealt with since young children or teens. So this is not new to you at all and it is apart of who you are. You may not know how or why but does all that really matter? Will it change anything if you had all the answers? To the ones who this is all new to it if frightening and causes alot of anxiety and some of you seem to just not have a clue why. Think about it, to you this is natural but to the majority of people old and young it is not natural. I now know and me and the SO have picked out clothes for him and took pics of him dressed and even painted his toes for him. He is a great man but to me he will always be just that, a man. If you notice I always talk about him as a him rather than a her because I don't think he will ever be a her to me. I do accept but his lying in the beginning didn't help matter's. He made excuses as to why he needed to shave his legs( pants pulled his leg hair) lol yeah right and shave under his arms( Shirts pulled his arm hair). What I am saying here is just be honest. I already knew and he was still making up these lame excuses which I didn't buy for a minute. When ever you lie it just makes matter worse because you have already been lying in some cases for all these years by not telling us early on. We have worked through alot and I have come along way and it hasn't been easy but we made it. We are happy for the most part. Ups and downs that's what we call life. Sickness and health, through skirts and panty hose, bra's and panties for better or worse..... HUgs:love:

kathy gg
03-06-2007, 10:16 PM
I looked to date a cd, becausae femme guys have always attracted me, so hooking up with a guy who actually did this wihtout any pleading was enivitable for me.

But that said, even though I enjoy this part of who he is and completely participate and want to always....he makes it easy to not have any issues with it.

He talks to me about his feelings, we discussed about what he wanted from this, what the future held and where his own limitations are. He just keeps me in the loop and he always considers how his actions will affect me and our life.

Being married to a crossdresser can be hassel-free and very fullfilling *if* it is to the right kind of guy. But I can see why alot of women wind up unhappy or feel neglected when an SO's involvement becomes more of an extra prop in the play...

melissacd
03-06-2007, 11:03 PM
Now that my wife and I are splitting up she has become much more accepting. She sees this as not her problem anymore so it is easy for her to say, it is who you are, who am I to stop you from being who you are, I just don't want to be with you while you do it.

So yes I guess now that the rules have changed, yes. But of course once we have physically separated and she is no longer my SO then no, because at that point I won't have one. Hmmmm...life is complicated...what was the question again?

cocopuff's girl GG
03-06-2007, 11:26 PM
I can wear a pair of pants and even a tie but I'm still very much a woman and I want to be. I can wear boxer shorts and such but in my mind I'm not wishing or thinking as a man. I think that is the difference. If you just enjoy wearing women's clothes that's great but I'd say alot of the CD's on here by just reading the post that I have over the past few month's I'd say it goes a little further for most than just wearing the clothes. Inside they want to be a woman and want to look and feel like a woman. Not all but most perhaps. I can speak just for my SO though and he loves woman's clothes. I haven't bought and he hasn't bought him anything from the men's section in a very long time no matter how silky and soft it has to come from out of the women's section in order for it to turn him on and he does get turned on everytime. Just talking about buying women's clothes can get him going. So in my comment what I was saying is whether you agree or not is that it is frightening to the one who this is all new to. I very much live in reality with a CDer and I love him but I don't understand the longing, need, and the high a cder gets from dressing up like a woman and maybe I never will. Just like he may never understand why I get a feeling a satisfaction when I buy things I really like. I bought 2 new fragrances and a new beautiful set of sheets for our bed and a complete set of new silver wear for our home and coming home I felt so happy. Kind of a high. I wasn't sexually turned on or anything but it made me happy to shop for things we needed for our home. I didn't mean to offend you at all or anyone else. HUgs:love:

melissacd
03-07-2007, 12:05 AM
Coco,

You make an interesting point that I want to comment on. Now I only speak for myself, so I really don't know if this holds true for other cross dressers. Yes I do like to create the whole feminine image (clothes, hair, makeup, breastforms). That being said, just because I do this does not mean that I want to be a woman. I am perfectly okay with my male biology, I have no illusions that I could ever appreciate or understand 1% of what being a woman is all about, although I am always open to learning and understanding, I know that there is way more to being a woman than donning clothes. To me this is not about wanting to be a woman, this is about loving the feminine, there is a big difference.

Males are generally taught to be tough, reserved, non-emotive, guarded. Men have difficulty developing deep meaningful relationships with traditional men in the same way that women can develop deep connections with other women. Men are not expected to have deep emotional complexity, softer feelings, intuitiveness. Men are expected to be methodical, logical, rational.

Cross dressing, if that is even the right term when you include bras and breastforms and such, to me is not about trying to be a woman, but rather it is about trying to be myself. It is an enjoyable sensual experience that moves me to a place of emotional comfort, a level of authenticity that I have never before enjoyed, a state of playfulness, sexiness, sassiness that I appreciate. It heightens my senses, expands my feelings, creates an ability to connect with others in ways I never could before in male mode. There are so many positive benefits that I get out of this, a sense of joy and wonder and pleasure. None of this is about being a woman, all of this is about being me and expanding the range of my human experience.

I was at a party once dressed up and a woman asked me how does dressing make me feel? I told her that it makes me feel like me - just better dressed. She was disappointed with that answer and yet it is the truth. I am still me but richer, deeper, wider. Cross dressing opens me up, brings out my softness and vulnerability.

I have heard the statement about cross dressers dress because they want to be women. Now many may fantasize and wonder what that may be like, why not, we all fantasize. That is normal.

I believe though and I am willing to be proven wrong on this assertion, that for most men, though they may have fantasies of being a woman (to see what it might be like) do not in fact want to be women. They just want to escape from the rigid expectations of males that society has for them. They want to be able to enjoy the things that women take for granted. I see nothing strange about that at all.

Coco, thanks for raising this wonderful point.

My 2 Cents
Huggs
Melissa

Satrana
03-07-2007, 12:09 AM
Clothes are clothes who cares who wears what?

Unfortunately too many people care too much....

There is always a problem when discussing this issue. There are two levels of crossdressing, one is the simple wearing of the other genders' clothes and the second level is when one tries to pass as the other gender which I will dub emulation. Emulation is a higher level issue because it adds an extra dimension where the person takes on a new identity.

When cds are describing the hypocrisy issue surrounding women wearing traditional men's clothes, they are not referring to women emulating but just straight-forward crossdressing. So answering the question about why women can wear pants but men cannot wear skirts by noting that cds emulate and women do not, is not a fair or proper comparison. You must compare like with like, a woman wearing masculine clothing but not emulating must be compared to a man wearing feminine clothing but not emulating.

True, many cds do emulate but there are also plenty who are not bothered about it. But even those who do emulate, you will find that many spend plenty of time just crossdressing not emulating. For example I personally probably spend 10% of my time emulating, and 90% crossdressing.

The automatic assumption that all crossdressers spend all the time emulating is just plain incorrect and yet it is routinely adopted for unfair comparisons.

Understanding that there are two levels of crossdressing is also important when discussing intolerance to a man expressing femininity. A person who is distraught over a man emulating a women will very likely be just as distraught seeing a man simply crossdressing. It is not the degree of crossdressing that is the issue, rather the rejection that a man can display any level of femininity whatsoever.

When crossdressers moan about the inequality of society, they are not attacking women for wearing male garb or stating that women cannot wear what they want, nor blaming women for the inequality, they are simply expressing fustration and asking for equality to crossdress. They are not asking for equality to emulate because as you noted, this is not what women are doing.

The clothes I wear are womens clothing as well, just because they are pants doesnt mean they are for men. That is part and parcel of the inequality. You can rightly point to pants and say these are my clothes, they are not men's clothes. However if a cd points to skirts and says these are my clothes, others say no, they are women's clothes. There is a blanket rejection to the idea that traditional feminine clothing can ever be anything but women's clothing.

Women can and do wear men's clothes and are never considered to be a crossdresser but a man cannot wear women's clothing and avoid being labelled a crossdresser.

If you want acceptance for wearing what you wanna wear then you have to go out and fight for it Absolutely we must fight and demand our rights, but why is it we are asked not to fight for our rights at home instead we must defer our rights to our SOs? It is easy to back our cause against a faceless society but the tables get turned upside down when the focus is switched to our families.

PS I am not directly any of this at you personally so please do not take offence, just providing food for thought.:hugs:

noname
03-07-2007, 12:18 AM
If you just enjoy wearing women's clothes that's great but I'd say alot of the CD's on here by just reading the post that I have over the past few month's I'd say it goes a little further for most than just wearing the clothes. Inside they want to be a woman and want to look and feel like a woman. Not all but most perhaps.

I would have to agree.

I haven't bought and he hasn't bought him anything from the men's section in a very long time no matter how silky and soft it has to come from out of the women's section in order for it to turn him on and he does get turned on everytime. Just talking about buying women's clothes can get him going.

I can definately understand what you are saying. I rarely buy from the mens section, because it is so rare to find anything I like. I don't limit myself though, my favorite shirt is actually a mens dress style shirt. It's a hot pink with black pin stripes, made to be worn untucked without a tie, definately my current favorite. Love it for the color, love it for the style, love it cause it's actually a fitted shirt.

So in my comment what I was saying is whether you agree or not is that it is frightening to the one who this is all new to. I very much live in reality with a CDer and I love him but I don't understand the longing, need, and the high a cder gets from dressing up like a woman and maybe I never will.

Perhaps it's not just any one item, but more about the final presentation when it's all put together?

I bought 2 new fragrances and a new beautiful set of sheets for our bed and a complete set of new silver wear for our home and coming home I felt so happy. Kind of a high. I wasn't sexually turned on or anything but it made me happy to shop for things we needed for our home.

Very cool. I know I can't speak for all CD's here but what I wear has zero turn on factor. For me it's all about color and style. But I won't repeat myself.

I didn't mean to offend you at all or anyone else. HUgs:love:

I apoligize if I offended you or anyone else. If you haven't guess, one thing that will get me upset in a hurry is discrimination. If there is one message that society plays constantly is the rights of women. Womens history month, breast cancer awareness, reducing violence among girls, workplace equality... the list goes on. Yet no one gives a damn about men. Then I can get the occasional snicker from some lady at the store, yet she is laughing as the samething she is wearing. Perhaps I also find it ironic that women would leave some guy for what he wears, yet should he dictate what his wife should wear, society would consider him controlling and abusive. In GG's defence though, I will say they have been the most open and least confrontational. Shouldn't women be at the forefront fighting for us and equal rights? Anyone, enough of that, I've said what I had to say.

cocopuff's girl GG
03-07-2007, 12:32 AM
I can't begin to tell you how may times I have hear the phrase can I pass or do I pass not only by clothes, hair make-up shoes but in gestures and walk and the way you pose. Not you personally just going by some of the pics which are all very nice by the way you perhaps may not want to be a woman but several on here have said they would like to be if they could. If you notice I said NOT ALL, so like I said I didn't mean to offend anyone but I am allowed my opinion based upon the post I read on this site. I beleive the question was asked on here a while back if you could be a woman for a week would you take the opportunity. Some said yes and other's said no but the majority said yes I beleive and saome where sad it could be only for a week. Some even said they'd take the PMS and everything that came with it. Although a few said they didn't want pregnancy. lol I don't blame you there it was no peice of cake. Each to there own I say. Be happy

Satrana
03-07-2007, 12:55 AM
I believe though and I am willing to be proven wrong on this assertion, that for most men, though they may have fantasies of being a woman (to see what it might be like) do not in fact want to be women. They just want to escape from the rigid expectations of males that society has for them. They want to be able to enjoy the things that women take for granted. I see nothing strange about that at all.

100% agree!

It is unfortunate that so many cds use the term " I want to be a woman". If that were actually true then they are transsexuals not crossdressers. This term is a simplistic and unfortunately inaccurarate way of describing a man's desire to experience femininity. The crossdresser loves the feminine look, feminine attitude, feminine behaviour, feminine privileges all of which are completely denied to him as a male. Fantasies of being a woman are just that - fantasies, wishful, delightful dreams.

IMO crossdressing is no different from a woman who wants to be a soldier. Until recently this was out of the question but now nobody questions a woman's desire to become a soldier - to be aggressive, combative, to kill, to handle and enjoy controling killing machines, to mix with the boys and enjoy masculine attitudes etc. Why is this now considered ok and a man wanting to experience femininity is still considered wierd?

A lot of effort and thought seems to be expended to ensure crossdressing is considered an isolated, seperate and novel experience that has no correlation with what others are doing in our society. I disagree, it is easy to correlate crossdressing to many other accepted behaviours and so it should never be considered abnormal. It is simply the subject matter itself and the widespread irrational prejudice it generates that makes it appear distinct.

I am allowed my opinion based upon the post I read on this site. Please bear in mind that many, many threads deal with fantasies including the one you list, it is dangerous to read anything into the replies except that crossdressers love to dream a lot and a few try to live out a fantasy. If someone said cds spend too much time fantasizing then I would wholeheartedly agree.

Dragster
03-07-2007, 08:11 PM
I'm with Melissacd, I don't want to become a woman, even for a short period. Purely wearing women's clothing turns me on. I like the feel of them (but it's not the same with men's clothes made of the same material) and the look of them, and as Satrana said, I think my motive is emulation too. Since about 10 years old, it has been a very slow process of increasing emulation, so far without silicone breastforms, wig and make-up, so guess where I want my future emulation to go? I'd love to go out completely dressed in female clothes, but I could not even think about doing that until I'd perfected a look where all but the most observant would not recognise that I was a bloke in a dress. With a non-supportive wife, unless she changes her mind on some things, I may never reach that goal. Even if I did, my fear of being read would probably drive my adrenaline to the danger zone, but maybe it is that excitement that I really seek! I do know that all you people on this forum have helped me to come to terms with what I am and given me the support and encouragement to progress (I have a corset, 5" heels and pencil skirts I didn't have when I joined) and "come clean" to my wife about the complete ME. I only hope we can make more progress towards acceptance, even if she does not want to participate in any way, beacuse I don't believe there's any way I could just stop for ever, and no way I want my marriage of 37 years to come to an end. I may stay in the closet for the rest of my life, emulating away!!!

Tony

Penny Dreadful GG
03-07-2007, 09:09 PM
I too intentionally sought a CD partner, after having been introduced to the subject by an ex.

For me, I find I enjoy many aspects of having a CD partner. It's like everything is better somehow. Not only do I get a husband, but I also get a girlfriend. I think that most things are more enjoyable: shopping with an interested party, rather than an annoyed husband relegated to holding the wife's purse while she tries on outfits; trips to the makeup counter; wig and shoe shopping, etc. I also enjoy the sexual element a great deal. A little extra spice in the boudoir never hurt anyone :heehee:

I find it adds another facet to the relationship as well - it's a yet another arena that you share and explore, which hopefully will only serve to bring you closer together. You will notice I emphasise the sharing and togetherness. I don't think I would be very comfortable knowing there was this whole other world my partner were involved in without me. And of course, like everything, a balance must be struck and maintained. Priorities need to take precedence and honesty is critical.

Now if only my partner and I were the same size... we'd have a huge wardrobe to share!

:hugs:

Kali
03-07-2007, 09:19 PM
My partner is very supportive of my dressing, but of course she has her own limits. But one thing she is sure of; I have no interest in being a woman. I love the feeling of women's clothes, the undergarments, forms, makeup, and earrings, but I have no interest in being anything other than what I am, which is a man who loves to crossdress.

Mary Morgan
03-07-2007, 09:35 PM
Kelliann, I suppose to find the answer you would really have to ask her. I know what her behavior is generally like, there are those days when I think she is actually fine with it, then days when I think she is angry about it. For the most part she is very tolerant and accomodating. I dress when I want, but not in her presence. We do shop together for virtually everything and anything. She does suggest certain purchases. She complains that my wardrobe is larger than hers, that I have more make-up, etc. We talk and laugh about it all, but clearly she would just as soon it went away.