PDA

View Full Version : Progress in possibility?

princessmichelle
03-06-2007, 07:31 PM
Hi all,

Transition is possible.

I probably won't do it.

I can think of a billion reasons not to transition, little things like loss of job and difficulty with unaccepting loved ones. And big reasons not to transition, like not even really knowing if its right for me.

But I used to say that I didn't even want to transition. I used to say it was not conceivable that I would transition. But now I have to admit that I do and it is. Not that I will, but that I wish I could. Not likely that I'll transition, but possible.

I hadn't quite realized all this until sharing a cup of tea with a friend recently. He didn't give me any ideas, just listened. Amazing.

Realizing this is a bit frightening, but also liberating. I sort of think of possibility as progress.

Michelle

CaptLex
03-06-2007, 08:30 PM
Hey, maybe there was something in your tea. :heehee:

Glad you've been doing some thinking. I think that's always a good thing - if it doesn't hurt your brain too much. Possibilities keep hope alive - not just in this area, but everywhere in our lives. More tea? :D

Sharon
03-06-2007, 10:05 PM
As long as you have a shred of doubt, then you shouldn't transition. Just be honest with yourself and you'll find the answer.:happy:

Calliope
03-06-2007, 11:16 PM
I can think of a billion reasons not to transition, little things like loss of job and difficulty with unaccepting loved ones. And big reasons not to transition, like not even really knowing if its right for me.

And, don't forget the MONEY.

$ is destiny (alas).

princessmichelle
03-07-2007, 09:19 AM
Yes, the medical costs would be huge too. With double whammy of medical costs and likely job loss, I should have added bankruptcy as a likely outcome. :(
So I probably won't ever transition.
I realize that.

It's just new to me to fantasise about it. It's just relatively new to me to really think it might otherwise be right for me to be female 24/7.

It's an interesting new feeling.

Michelle

Maggie Kay
03-07-2007, 10:55 AM
Bankruptcy is not the end of the world but it is no longer very easy to qualify for. The new laws in the US make debt relief very difficult to obtain and leave millions at the mercy of debt collectors while the CC companies issue cards at exorbitant rates to everyone. BTW, it costs the CC companies about $100 per new customer due to the vast amounts of mailings that they send out. I get one a day every day. They also change the terms and rates at will trapping many in debt. Many cards now have minimum payments that are interest only and therefore the principle never gets paid off. Interest rates at 25% to boot.

( sorry for the rant, one of my peeves is the CC)

On the issue of transitioning, it seems to me that the possibility of it really is only for a select few who can afford it. I know that there are some insurance plans and companies that offer SRS coverage but most don't even cover therapy for gender issues. The idea that SRS is out there for all of us really is just not so. Some have said it is like buying a car in the magnitude of the cost. I agree, but who usually pays cash for a car and what bank will loan money for a medical procedure? All in all, I think that the costs are the most daunting barrier to proceeding. In my case, it is akin to taking a flight on a space mission... not gonna happen. However, if I had the money, things would be different. I'd have some serious thinking as to why not to do it.