PDA

View Full Version : Lori Anne's Update Spot

loriannetucson
03-07-2007, 12:19 AM
Okay, so I won't have to keep recreating threads, I have decided to keep this post updated with some of my thoughts and musings, as well as my progress with hormone therapy and my transition, wherever that leads.

It's been a couple of weeks since I've seen my therapist, and although I will see her next week, she wanted me to send her a status report. Well, here it is. It pretty much sums up all of what's going on with me over the past couple of weeks.

I will also keep my 360 yahoo blog active with nearly the same posts, but I'm finding that there are different friends at different forums.

God's blessings on you beautiful women!

Dear XXXXXX,

As for me, you wanted me to check in with you to give you an update on how I'm doing. Well, today I started day 14 of hormone replacement therapy, and I have to admit, the feeling is absolutely wonderful! Before I go into detail, I wanted to let you know what the plans are with Dr. xxxx. He initially prescribed 2 mg of Estradiol in the morning and 2 mg at night. He also started me on Spironolactone, 50 mg in the AM and 50 mg in the PM. He advised me that this was a low starting dose, but he would rather take it slow because of the effects of estro on the body can be rough initially. I'll take the doctor's word for it.

As for how I'm doing, I know there is a large psychosomatic element involved, but since day one I have felt great! I feel like Tony the Tiger ("Theyyyyyyy're GRRRRReat!"). First of all, my deep sadness I'd been feeling has essentially disappeared. I'm not talking about the "just under the surface" blues, but the real downer moments I had been having just prior to HRT. I would say that for the last two weeks I have felt level-headed and motivated, both at home and at work. I do feel some minor fatigue during the day, along with some days of diarrhea or stomach cramping, but you should see the stuff I eat :) . I can be a pig when I do eat big. However, I am still continuing to drop the weight because when I'm not eating huge (as a reward to myself), I'm eating right and very light. I know I need to stay away from sweetened sodas for the high potassium they contiain, and the Spiro is a potassium sparing diuretic.

As far as my skin is concerned, I can already tell that my skin is feeling much smoother, a lot more like my wife's skin. Touching it, or touching my skin to my wife's skin is marvelous! I love the feeling of my skin finally being smooth and not being so thick and beef jerky-like. Oh, and as for shaving, my belly used to grow thick hair covering most of my belly and navel, and I always shave it every other day. Well, a lot of the hair is not growing back already, and the new hair coming in in many areas is already thinning considerably. I felt my belly tonight and it was still smooth after 2 1/2 days without shaving, a definite first, woo-hoo! Even my beard seems to take longer to grow back in. The 5 o'clock shadow is now a 5 a.m. shadow the next day. I'm totally OK with that! I'm totally looking forward to the fat redistribution to a more feminine pear shape.

So far my wife has really come through the anger phase quite well. I know there will be future moments, but she realized that bitter feeling she harbored wasn't productive for any of us, and that she is totally committed to our relationship, no matter what the outcome. She is, however, still ultimately scared that I will one day transition to a "transexual," according to her. To her a TS is different from me as a TG because TS's are those who go through the operation and transition fully. I've been completely honest with her and told her I don't know what exactly the future holds, all I know is I need to continue to take things day by day.
Do I want to transition fully and become the woman that I believe I really am? Absolutely. But I know she has needs, and I have managed to complicate things with my children, although, I know that kids can be pretty darn resilient.

Like I said earlier, my motivation has returned at work. I really am on the move doing this and that, and it even seems like my memory is getting better, although we won't mention our little snafu with you all :)) I'm not getting teased at work anymore, but like I said, it's good to be king (or queen as in my case!). Today was interesting, I FINALLY got asked the face question... "Do you pluck your eyebrows?" I paused for a moment, then built up enough courage to say, "Well... yeah! My wife waxes them, why?" The guy clapped his hands downward and said, "I knew it!" almost as if he had just won a bet with the other guy standing there. What surprised me was what happened next. Here we 3 "macho" guys are standing there after I had just admitted to waxing my eyebrows, and the first guy says, "Well, I only pull the hairs at the bottom of my brows, not the top." The other guy who initially raised the question says, "Yeah, my wife plucks the thick hairs at the top of my eyebrows." My mouth just want to drop but I act cool and not make a big deal about it just like they did. Suddenly another guy walks up to me and says I shouldn't be wearing an earring b/c it's too feminine. The first guy chides in over me, "What are you talking about? It's not feminine, HE gets layed!" All I can do is smile, nod, and say, "It's true, it happened last night in fact." That guy lost that battle and the rest of the day was focused on work. So the guys at work know I dress in a feminine manner, pluck my eyebrows, and wear earrings, but nobody seems to bat eyes very much anymore. Now I know things will change as I change, but I'm hoping they and I will both be prepared for it.

That's about everything in a nutshell. I went to the SAGA general meeting last night, it was no big deal. There was a speaker that took up most of the time and there was little room for personal chat, which is why I go mostly for anyway.

Hope I filled you in on everything. I know it's a lot, but my outlook on life is currently "airborne!"

God bless,
Lori Anne:tongueout

loriannetucson
03-10-2007, 12:12 AM
Well, I finally decided to measure my body statistics, even though I'm coming up on the 3rd week on HRT. Two weeks ago I weighed in at 194, which was the lowest I've weighed in over 10 years. I used to weigh 218 pounds 4 months ago. Well, today I weighed 197.8, so I gained almost 4 pounds. I better be careful, that's for sure! I want to definitely lose the weight, not gain again, although I hear that happens with HRT. Time to hit the treadmill!

I'm using the Transgendercare.com Medical Feminizing Program instructions. Here's the rest of the stats (in inches)
Chest: 39
Bust: 40
Ribcage: 38.5
Waist: 37
Hips:39
Buttocks:39
Thigh:23

I hope to see the changes soon!
Lori Anne

joanlynn28
03-10-2007, 05:05 AM
Lorianne, the changes will take place slowly at first, at times it seems that nothing is happening at all but believe me the changes are diffinelately taking place. I have been on HRT for four months now am at just about a A cup. At the point that I do have to wear a bra, it's more comfortable with than without, and the breast do get very tender. Watch out what you brush up against or lean on, you will know that there is something there. The best way I could descibe it is the breast feel have a tingally slight burning sensation when they are brushed against. It is also preatty obvious that I don't look like a male anymore even if I was in drab. For example this past week at work we have been reorganizing my work area and every morning we have a meeting to go over the previous day's progress and when I see pictures of me in the powerpoint presentation I see why I get addressed as ma'am when I am out and about. So the changes will be happening. I also noticed yesterday as everyone was presenting their final look at what every group has accomplished I see that everyone of the other guys have preatty bad cases of 5 o'clock shadow except for this girl, so the laser treatments are working out very well, just have to back and get some touch up on the upper lip still a slight bit of darkness up there. But yesterday I have lunch with three other female coworkers and notice that they all have more of a mustach going then I could ever have now. And I have made April 2nd my coming out at work day, March 21st is my court date for my legal name change and the following week I will be updating my employee records at work to reflect my now legal name. Got the DMV taken care of, first stop after court will be the Social Security Office, and from there I can go change all of my other accounts and such. My big joy will be when I get my employee badge redone and the final thing will have to wait a couple of years. The changing of my birth certificate, but you know that will have to wait until after SRS down the road.

loriannetucson
03-12-2007, 07:16 AM
Thanks so much Joan Lynn, for your advice. I've been following your posts and your transition because I find that I have much in common with you (and I'm sort of a right-winger myself :). I was disappointed with laser treatments on my wife and wasn't sure if the expense was worth it. I'll be waiting to hear how it worked out on you long term.

I know the changes will be subtle but eventually noticeable. I'm concerned how my wife will react then. All she sees currently is the smoother skin, and the definite attitude and emotional change, both of which have been totally for the better! I had been down in the dumps for quite a while until I started HRT. I am expecting the emotional stage any day now where I'll find myself crying a lot, at least that's what I've read.

You've come a long way in such a short time, girl! I'm happy for you!
Lori Anne

loriannetucson
03-25-2007, 04:17 AM
I've been away for the last week in Vermont on training. I'll NEVER do that again. I live in Tucson, and having to take planes all the way to Burlington, Vermont made for a long day, and an even longer one on the way back!

As you may have seen by now, I updated my profile because I was able to take some photos of me in my new wig and clothes I bought at American Eagle while in Burlington. I used a little make up as well. The photos I didn't post were really bad and I looked like a definite novice at trying to beautify myself. After a while, I got the hang of it and was fairly impressed with the latter photos. I think I looked passable, and although I didn't walk out enfemme because I was with a coworker on this training assignment, I think I have what it takes to be passable, now to work on the voice and the walk! :)

Over the past few days I've noticed my breasts are getting much more tender now. In fact, my right nipple (areola) seems to stand up at the slightest touch, and the sensitivity is increasing quite a bit. My body seems to be already shifting my body fat as I've noticed my round stomach fat looks like it's descending off my rib cage to lower on my pelvis. (Or maybe I'm just eating too much!) My skin feels baby butt smooth for the most part, but the skin seems to dry out much faster than before. I have been shaving the hair on my hands, but I've noticed there is now very little regrowth of hand hair, and the stuff that does grow in grows in much lighter, almost invisible.

I found out that my father might be passing away any time between now and within the next week. He's been battling multiple myeloma, a blood cancer that actually affects the bones, for almost 6 years now. He has suffered pneumonia several times, and the doctors have told me that he is not going home again and likely has a few days tops left of his life. I'd appreciate your prayers as I plan a funeral and giving the sermon as well as leading the worship music as a part of the service. The thought crossed my mind that I could go dressed up as Lori Anne, but I think that would put too much emphasis on me instead of my dad.

God's blessings,
Lori Anne

loriannetucson
03-27-2007, 12:44 AM
Well, it happened...

Shortly after I composed my last blog entry, I found out my father indeed passed away. I now write because his daughter longs to cry with words of joy and sadness.

He was in a hospital in El Paso, Texas suffering from another bout of pneumonia. It was 1:35 a.m. in the morning when while sleeping his heart just stopped. My father came to know Jesus Christ as His personal Savior and Lord, and I'm confident I will see him again one day.

I can see so many parallels with his passing. He passed away on a Sunday. He used to be known as "Sunday's Child, Don." Hmmm.... he really was Sunday's Child. This is the first full week of spring. My dad showed us all that he could make it through the long cold winter to spread his wings when the flowers came out. In fact, my mother noticed ONE rose that had flowered in the backyard that day. She picked it and took it to him while he was still breathing. The next morning they went to gather his belongings and the rose had wilted as quickly as my father had left us.

My father asked God for many miracles lately. And God always provided. But my dad asked God for one last miracle. He asked God to let him live long enough to completely remodel his old house for my mother so she could have a nice play to live in once he was gone. He finished the entire remodel last week. My mother said that he completed his promise, and God completed his promise too.

I will be playing songs on Wednesday night sitting at my father's empty body's side. I will have my guitar and sing my praises to the One who died for me and set me free. I will praise my Kind for I am fearfully and wonderfully made. I thank him for making me Lori, and I know I am his precious daughter, his precious child. I will do this as an offering to him, and to honor the memory of my father, a man who though reconciled to God in his last days, was also reconciled to me, his child, his son ( daughter, even though he never knew about this).

I will give thanks today. During the funeral I will be leading the memorial service. I pray God will give me the words to say and the strength to make it through without crying my eyes out. The tears of course are not tears of desperation and fear, but of the mourning of a child who will miss his father dearly.

Go on home, Dad. Fly away. Oh, and take that dog'gone fishin' pole with you, too. Maybe you can fish in heaven's flowing streams! If you can, save a big catch for me so we can have a heavenly barbecue with our Savior together one day!

Love,
Lori Anne
March 26, 2007 10:11 p.m.

Victoria Anne
03-27-2007, 01:21 AM
Lori I am so sorry for your lose,as I write this I am weeping for you.I understand how you must feel and yet I don't know what to say except that I will keep you in my prayers.:hugs: Victoria Anne

Gisele
03-27-2007, 02:23 AM
GOD bless you and yours Lori Anne.

Prayers are sent your way from us.

Beth

DawnL
03-27-2007, 02:50 AM
Lori Anne I am reading this as I am waiting to go to Florida to visit my mother who is about to be put on hospice care. It's not unexpected I guess but never expected. My prayers will be with you and your dad.