PDA

View Full Version : Sissy ??

Caz
03-07-2007, 08:12 AM
Hello All

I have a simple question I would like to ask. I'm sure that there's no definitive answer, but would like to read all of your opinions.

So ! here is my question :

What constitutes a 'Sissy' ? (within the realms of M to F CDing)

I've seen CDs describe themselves thusly.

What does it all mean ?

Luv from

Caz xx

LisaRose
03-07-2007, 09:16 AM
Slang term for boys who like to do 'girly' things. Play with dolls, play house, do tea parties, ballet etc. If I could 'do it all over again' I'd definatley seek out those opportunities to be a sissy. It would have definatly put me on a different life path.

Casey Morgan
03-07-2007, 09:32 AM
As you say, I'm sure there's no "definitive" answer, but then there is no definitive answer to what any identity is. I know someone who identifies as a sissy, and a friend of his has told me things about him and his sissy friends.

So from what I know, sissies like frilly clothes, especially things like pettycoats. They also enjoy being... well, "very femme" is a good description if you leave out the "vamp" stuff. Really, a man sissy is to women as a boy sissy is to girls. That should put you in the right neighborhood. They enjoy the softer side of femininity.

Um. Does that help any? I'm really trying to walk a fine line between being too narrow and too broad, and sometimes that just comes out confusing.

Girlieboy
03-07-2007, 09:41 AM
I agree 100% with Lisa and Casey. I would not have exchanged my sissy boyhood (although it was of course secret) for anything.

:hugs:

Diane XX

Brianna Lovely
03-07-2007, 09:46 AM
Never thought that someone bringing up the word, sissy, would reafirm my conviction that many Gay men don't like me because I CD, but here it is.

SISSY
From Wikipedia

Pejorative
Because of its origins in a feminine nickname, sissy is also a pejorative for a boy or man to indicate or imply that he is like a sister, that is, effeminate and fails to behave according to the traditional male gender role. Generally, it implies a lack of the courage and stoicism which are thought important to the male role. It might also imply interests seen as strikingly un-masculine. This pejorative may be given to anyone as an insult. Several variations, such as "sissy boy" or "sissy baby", exist and any term can become pejorative or insulting if preceded by "sissy" and applied to a boy or a man. Sissy is the male converse of tomboy, but has none of the latter's positive connotations. Even amongst gay men, behavior thought of as sissy or camp produces mixed reactions. Some men reclaim the term for themselves; see also genderqueer.

For some, sissy takes on more specific meanings in the transgender and infantilist communities.

Sissyphobia
Popularized by the title of book by Tim Bergling (ISBN 1-56023-989-1), sissyphobia refers to the fear or hatred of effeminate men, or "sissies". The term itself is an analogy to "homophobia." [1]

Bergling argues that sissyphobia is common among American gay men, who often celebrate male femininity in some contexts (drag performance, for example) but who rarely consider it an attractive characteristic. Bergling points towards tropes now common in personal ads, including "straight acting", now a common term in Western gay newspapers. This is a marked contrast to much American lesbian culture, in which drag kings, FTMs and butch women are often in demand. In fact, a significant number of Western gay men are hostile towards "sissies." Possible reasons may include a desire for gay men to assimilate and ingrained sexism. Since many gay or queer men see effeminacy as an important cultural reference point, and because many queer people are feminists, it is troubling to some that gay and lesbian culture now place such a high premium on masculinity.

More broadly, some feminists, particularly male feminists, claim that "straight" Western society is "sissyphobic" or hostile towards effeminate men, and that in many areas mainstream acceptance of gays is contingent upon their conforming to male sex stereotypes.

TV Wannabe
03-07-2007, 09:47 AM
I though "Sissy" refered to a form of S&M.

Emma England
03-07-2007, 09:47 AM
I am from the UK, and confused as well.

Is sissy a derogatory term? Or just stating a fact that a boy is effeminate?

Lovely Rita
03-07-2007, 09:51 AM
me, me, me, I do, I do.:heehee: :D :thumbsup:

Happy to be a proud Sissy

Casey Morgan
03-07-2007, 10:04 AM
Well? So say something already. Diane said she agreed with what was posted. In this case, a "me too" from you would reinforce what's been said. Is there anything else you would add?

When you get the chance to educate, do so.

CaptLex
03-07-2007, 10:09 AM
I am from the UK, and confused as well.

Is sissy a derogatory term? Or just stating a fact that a boy is effeminate?
To answer your question: here in the States, when the term "sissy" is used to describe a man or boy, it's not usually meant as a compliment. Of course, some CDs have reclaimed the term. :thumbsup:

MsPriscilla
03-07-2007, 10:23 AM
There may be dictionary definitions of 'sissy', but i humbly suspect that those of us that are sissies know what it means to be one.

How can i describe it? it is the thrill of the softness of the clothes, the 'girliness' of dress and style, the feeling of being inferior to GG's and real men, of wishing to be humilated by strong powerful women. I suppose it is best summed up by the ethos and 'feel' of a site like Prissy's Sissies.

Daintre
03-07-2007, 10:30 AM
I think that the description given by MsPriscilla is a very good one. Well it echoes what I think a sissy is. I believe it has also become a derogatory label for the weaker male.

bobbicdsissy
03-07-2007, 10:44 AM
I classify myself as a sissy. I know it has a very negative connotation. However, it describes what I am to a T. I am not a manly man (though I look it) My brain does not gravitate to football, sports (though, like many women, I like hockey) hunting fishing etc... I tend instead to be interested in the arts, I adore doing crafts etc... I also have a thing for lace (doilies, etc..)

If I were a man's man. I would definately consider myself a sissy. I like the fact that we have reclaimed that title (though who wants to be pigeon holed) because it is general enough to describe any male who prefers the finer gentler things in life.

my :2c:

loki_uk
03-07-2007, 11:02 AM
I'm a sissy, who else would have a pink barbie bedroom
:D

Gina_darling
03-07-2007, 11:17 AM
Sissy has very a very negative connotation to it. Personally I think it is sexist to ascribe particular characteristics to sexes. Why are strength, courage, bravery etc. seen as male and empathy, care, expression etc. seen as female? I think it takes a lot of courage to go out dressed and not care what people think and takes strength and conviction and they are not characteristics of being male they are characteristics of people regardless of sex or gender (separate entities). I want to be able to express these so-called feminine characteristics that are actually in everyone just too many men out there are too ashamed to admit it and too obsessed with everyone calling them a sissy. If sissy means weak then no-one here is a sissy, the sissies are all those people out there who are too afraid to accept us.

Apologies for the rant, got a bee in my bonnet there!:be:

KarenSusan
03-07-2007, 12:37 PM
When I call myself a sissy, it is a straight out admission that I love the frilliest, most feminine clothes there are. It is like saying, "I admit it, world, I'm effeminate".

MsPriscilla
03-07-2007, 01:31 PM
I'm with you on this one, Karen

NatalieGirl
03-07-2007, 01:41 PM
As I type this, I am wearing a black bra, panties, ballet flats, and a pretty bracelet. So I guess I'm a sissy.

But I also like to hunt and watch football. So that makes me a Tomboy sissy, doesn't it?

The bottom line is, I refuse to be pigeonholed by anyone else's definition of what I should be or what I should like.

XOXOXOXOXO

Natalie

RobertaFermina
03-07-2007, 01:52 PM
I know for a fact that women who are considered women commonly exhibit courage and the ability to suck-it-up (stoicism), or take setbacks in stride.

I see two kinds of sissy.

Sissy Positive: Inverse of macho. Freely expressing femininity, emotionality, tenderness, kindness, vulnerability.

Sissy Negative: Inverse of Masculine. Lacking Courage, Integrity, Dependability.

Naturally, expressions of "Sissy" may be combinations of the above two.

:rose: (SissyPositive - SissyNegative) ! :rose:

lauraabdl
03-07-2007, 02:51 PM
I feel like a sissy at times. When I dress in the frilliest of petticoats, pettipants, white panty hose stockings. You just feel the sheer girlyness of all the frilly trimmings. It is just a style and feeling you obtain by the mood style and form of dress. Then there are times when I feel totally effemiate and do my nails, my hair, the older girl girdle or long line waist cinchining corset/bra. Then just bra and matching panties under my drab clothes. So whos to say at any moment who is a sissy and who is a CDing female.
All things are relevant to the day and style and mood you personally are in.

Laura:2c:

vbcdgrl
03-07-2007, 03:47 PM
The term "Sissy" implies an effeminate male. In CD context, a male who dresses as a female and acts in a submissive role to a dominant CD or GG..
i.e. a master (or mistress) and his/her servant.

Vikki

eleventhdr
03-07-2007, 04:18 PM
A classic sissy is usually a boy or male who wants to wear frilly girls clothing most of the time as oppsed to a tom boy who is usually a girl who wants to dress as a boy but hey you can be both in our world and I would be both but probaly at different times being a sissy would be fun and then so would being a tomboy

OH well a girl can be both you know we both have each and ever one of us a little of both sexes in the same body but sometimes it needs to be let out so that's why we are cd's I know if i had it to live over again I would either be sissy or a real girl and there is nothing wrong with being either.

So!

Suzy!

Sierra Evon
03-07-2007, 04:25 PM
Slang term for boys who like to do 'girly' things. Play with dolls, play house, do tea parties, ballet etc. If I could 'do it all over again' I'd definatley seek out those opportunities to be a sissy. It would have definatly put me on a different life path.

Ditto " " " , I have meet a few that were into that , still nice guys , just not really my thing tho, :straightface:

Julie York
03-07-2007, 05:50 PM
The term "Sissy" implies an effeminate male. In CD context, a male who dresses as a female and acts in a submissive role to a dominant CD or GG..
i.e. a master (or mistress) and his/her servant.

Vikki

Finally someone got out of the house and found the internet!

In "CD" terms....... it means the above.

In normal terms it means what everyone else has said.

DeniseNJ
03-07-2007, 06:10 PM
when I dress and put on the girliest of attaire , I look at my self in a mirror and say , look at me I am a sissy . but I enjoy feeling like a girl. My idea of a sissy is one of being the weaker sex what ever that means but the submissive one. sure I like regular manly stuff but when Denise comes out to play she is a sissy forsure!!!

Joy Carter
03-07-2007, 06:58 PM
Hello All

I have a simple question I would like to ask. I'm sure that there's no definitive answer, but would like to read all of your opinions.

What does it all mean ?

Luv from

Caz xx

"I'm A Sissy"
"YourA Sissy"
"Wouldn't You Like To Be A Sissy Too?" :D

Angela E.
03-07-2007, 07:22 PM
It`s like the n word. I resent being called a sissy by people who are using the term to degrade us, but it can be a term of endearment among us. Does that make sense?:hugs: Angela.:bunny: :bunny: :bunny: :GE: :daydreaming: :daydreaming: :daydreaming: P.S. I think he-she is absolutely the worst, :angry: :angry: the most derogatory thing we can be called.

TxKimberly
03-07-2007, 10:58 PM
No idea why someone would want to be thought of as a sissy. I don't think any self respecting FEMALE wants to be thought of as a sissy! Personaly, I love pretty things, i love to do my best to BE pretty, but I do not, and will never, consider myself a sissy.

Kim

Hello All

What does it all mean ?

Luv from

Caz xx

Rachel Morley
03-07-2007, 11:20 PM
Sissy....a pejorative for a boy or man to indicate or imply that he is like a sister, that is, he is effeminate and fails to behave according to the traditional male gender role.....sissy is the male converse of tomboy, but has none of the latter's positive connotations.
In the non CDing community, my personal opinion is that I would agree with this premise.

The term "Sissy" implies an effeminate male. In CD context, a male who "and acts in a submissive role to a dominant CD or GG..i.e. a master (or mistress) as his/her servant.
In the CDing community I would generally agree with this statement except for one small thing, and that is it's not so much the "dressing as a female", more the "dressing as a feminine male". It's my understanding that the whole thrill is that despite being dressed in the most ultimate and the most feminine of ways, everyone knows that they are a feminized male who is (usually) under the control of another. In other words, there's a little bit of mild fetish and humiliation behavior going on somewhere. :happy:

karen marie
03-08-2007, 06:06 AM
being one all my life,a sissy is a boy who
displays feminine traits and interests.
hugs,karen.

Tamera
03-08-2007, 06:23 AM
A "Sissy" is a male who does things that a female would do instead of a male.
For Instance YOU MAY BE A SISSY IF;
If you would rather play with Barbie instead of GI Joe, you may be called a sissy.
If you have a little swish in your walk, you may be called a sissy.
If you wear certain types of clothing that males are not know to wear, you may be called a sissy.
If you rather watch "THE VIEW" on TV instead of "FOOTBALL", you may be called a sissy.
Love,
Tamera

loki_uk
03-08-2007, 06:39 AM
Sissy in a nilla sense is the male equivilent of a tomboy

Over in a more kinkified BDSM sense it involves a lot more pink and lace :D

Crissy Kay
03-08-2007, 10:23 AM
Yes, I do think of myself as a sissy while all dressed up in "Crissy' mode!!! I guess that I am just drawn to the more frilly,or "Sissy" style of cding, than passing or streetclothes, like most of the members here.

Jammie Lyann
03-08-2007, 11:53 AM
When I was about 7 or 8 I had a doll, I think she looked like sherly temple had blue bathing suit with frills, was call a sissy all the way till I gratuated high school.
Join the military an things kind of changed toward the masculine side, you could call it a cover up, to hide way I felt inside an hidden I stayed till I meet my second wife she brought it back out of me :D
I have had folks tell me that they thought I was a woman trapped in a mans body. ( played it off as if they was insulting me at the time. ) How ever now that I have gotten more in touch with my Fem side I would probably look at them an say , you know you might just be right what of it :heehee:
I dont like sports, I was taught how to crochet when I was 10 I still do on occation, I can sew an in fact collecting matiral to make a new bed spread.
( I also Like to work with wood ) learned how to cook when I was 11 or 12

An I deffently like to Dress up an look like a woman ( hopfully with alittle more practice I'll be passable to a degree)

So if all this makes me a Sissy then so be it, I'm still am who I am an I wont change :tongueout

Caz
03-10-2007, 12:04 PM
to everyone for your opinions and viewpoints on what constitutes a "Sissy"

For me, being a sissy means pink satin....Full petticoats...ribbons in my hair, and presenting in a "cutesie" ultra feminine manner.

There is something so safe and soothing for me when I assume this persona.

Luv from

Caz xx

SANDRA MICHELLE
03-10-2007, 02:14 PM
Never really was much for name calling, I am just me and when i wear a dress I am sandra otherwise I am my male alter ego. The male side is nothing like the female side, we are polar opposites and thats a problem in itself since my female side is a much nicer person. No sissy though in either form

cindychan
03-10-2007, 02:39 PM
Thats a hard one, I guess sometimes I feel like a sissy and other times I don't. Maybee it's just an emotional flux like PMS.

Shelly Preston
03-10-2007, 02:52 PM
I would say the simpliest description I ever heard was

Its frilly femminine clothes similar to a maids unform or young girls petticoats that you would not expect to see in public

Karren H
03-10-2007, 05:54 PM
Hell if I know but I aint one of them...

:D

Love Karren