PDA

View Full Version : Is it worth it?

Maddie Knight
02-09-2005, 02:21 PM
While walking home the other day I was thinking about all the work that goes into cd'ing. :confused:

I mean all that shaving legs, chest, underarms and face.

All the moisturisers and skin care.

The expence of makeup, wigs and clothes.

Also keeping it all secret.

I found myself asking is it all worth it. :confused:

The answer I came up with..........................

Yes! Dam right its worth it. :)

Wendy me
02-09-2005, 02:24 PM
well like yar eather that or you would be like this hairy nacked crossdresser

makemeher
02-09-2005, 02:29 PM
would love your sweet

CharlotteSomers
02-09-2005, 02:30 PM
I've been thinking almost the same thing lately. But not so much about the work. For me, it's definatley worth the work to look good. I love looking good and don't mind trying hard at it.

The thing that makes me think it's not worth it is all of the hardships that come along with it. How many stories have we seen here about people getting divorcred, being disowned by family members, being beaten by haters, not to mention near suicides. (by the way a BIG hug to Quidam. I'm glad you're still with us. We're all here for you.)

To me the question is not if the work is worth it. The question is, is all the stress, hatred and heartache worth it?

Janet K.
02-09-2005, 02:59 PM
I think that it definitely IS worth it. We are at a point in society right now where homosexuals were at several years ago---where people are starting to come out about it and society as a whole really didn't know how to handle it. I think that the best thing for us to do is to keep on keepin' on. I would love to see some big name Hollywood stars come out and admit that they are crossdressers and that they would like to portray that lifestyle from here on out. Does anyone remember the backlash that Ellen got when she first admitted that she was gay? She lost a lot of fans when she finally came out. But society has changed so much since then that it is old news for a star to come out and say that they are gay. I think that will happen with us as well. The only way for that to occur is for the public to realize that we are NOT drag queens. We are not gay men (for the most part) who dress in womens' clothing to draw attention to themselves. We are men who are more secure and more comfortable wearing the clothes that in our minds we were supposed to wear from birth (talking about CDers, not TS's). We are not trying to draw attention to ourselves. For the most part we are trying to blend in to society while wearing what we really want to wear. Long live women's clothing--the only way to dress!!
As for the original question? Yes!! It is most definitely worth it to look the way that we want to look.

Priscilla1018
02-09-2005, 03:09 PM
I think that it definitely IS worth it. We are at a point in society right now where homosexuals were at several years ago---where people are starting to come out about it and society as a whole really didn't know how to handle it. I think that the best thing for us to do is to keep on keepin' on. I would love to see some big name Hollywood stars come out and admit that they are crossdressers and that they would like to portray that lifestyle from here on out. Does anyone remember the backlash that Ellen got when she first admitted that she was gay? She lost a lot of fans when she finally came out. But society has changed so much since then that it is old news for a star to come out and say that they are gay. I think that will happen with us as well. The only way for that to occur is for the public to realize that we are NOT drag queens. We are not gay men (for the most part) who dress in womens' clothing to draw attention to themselves. We are men who are more secure and more comfortable wearing the clothes that in our minds we were supposed to wear from birth (talking about CDers, not TS's). We are not trying to draw attention to ourselves. For the most part we are trying to blend in to society while wearing what we really want to wear. Long live women's clothing--the only way to dress!!
As for the original question? Yes!! It is most definitely worth it to look the way that we want to look.

Jauna,

From your lips to Gods ear. YES it is worth it.

Love and Hugs,
Priscilla

Priscilla1018
02-09-2005, 03:13 PM
well like yar eather that or you would be like this hairy nacked crossdresser

Wendy,

I can picture that and I think I just lost my appetite for dinner.

Love and Hugs,
Priscilla

Ps. Don't ever change we love you.

Tristen Cox
02-09-2005, 03:20 PM
While walking home the other day I was thinking about all the work that goes into cd'ing. :confused:

Worth it? Uhm gee I dunno... OF COURSE IT IS!!!!! :D

Ashleigh
02-09-2005, 04:06 PM
Yes, it is worth it. Period.

Julie York
02-09-2005, 04:07 PM
IS CROSS DRESSING WORTH IT!

No it isn't!!!!
It's a terrible horrible afliction that is ruining your lives!!!

Give up now and send all your unwanted frillies to

Julie York.
PO BOX 555 (oh so it's not real then) 67654556
England.

You KNOW you want to.
End the pain! End the suffering!

No more depression or lying to your nearest and dearest!
No more embarrassment at the checkout counter!

YES! You too can be freed from depression and guilt by sending all your stuff to
Julie York
PO BOX 555 (Oh its still not a real address then) 74635245262
England.

Thank you, on behalf of the Julie York Foundation For Desperate Trannies. You contributions could change a life and bring a smile to my......er them...someone..someone's face.

P.S.: Anyone with size 9 (UK) shoes goes to Heaven automatically.

Maddie Knight
02-09-2005, 05:28 PM
Give up now and send all your unwanted frillies to

Julie York.
PO BOX 555 (oh so it's not real then) 67654556
England.

Tried to send all my things to the above address.
They all came back 'address unknown'. :confused:
Sorry Julie I will just have to keep them. :)

Melissa A.
02-09-2005, 05:33 PM
Even if I never dressed again(and it aint gonna happen, sorry, Julie) I would continue shaving everywhere.

Hugs,

Melissa :)

Vickie-CD
02-09-2005, 05:39 PM
It's worth it to me, if I quit, it would be like killing the real me. I suppose there are hardships for everyone regardless of what path of life they go down.
Love you All,
Vickie

Julie York
02-09-2005, 05:47 PM
Even if I never dressed again(and it aint gonna happen, sorry, Julie) I would continue shaving everywhere.

Hugs,

O.K.

I've just spent 5 mins visualising that.

Holly
02-09-2005, 06:27 PM
It seems to me that we would just be exchanging one set of hardships for another. My $.02.

Sara Kat
02-09-2005, 06:27 PM
It's a lot of work being pretty.

StephanieCD
02-09-2005, 08:14 PM
Seems to me that when I force myself to not dress I'm depressed, bitter, and dysfunctional.

But since I've tried to accept this part of me, even only in private, that I don't mind the sun coming up so much anymore. :) They tried to do that for me with a pill but panties and a pencil skirt cost less and last longer in the long run.

Worth it for me - but it's a tremendous amount of work!!

Melissa A.
02-09-2005, 08:55 PM
Keep it up, Steph. Stop "trying" to accept yourself and just do. Your life will become much better... in every area. I know.

Being happy thru dressing beats trying to be thru medication, anyday!

Hugs,

StephanieCD
02-09-2005, 10:04 PM
Sure does :) Besides, I'm *much* better now - doctor said so! ;)

Just kidding... wait, no, I'm not. Yes we are. Ok, half of me are kidding.

danielle_bc
02-09-2005, 10:33 PM

I agree that it is a lot of work and a lot of responsibility in having to be better than gg's in order to be convincing in public. I have tried many times to quit, why bother, I KNOW what I am so why deny it. Somtimes it's worth it and sometimes it isn't, you have to live with that. Like the camp comandante, in the movie "Bridge On The River Kwai"said, "Be happy in your work". I know sometimes I get all dolled up and the day passes so fast that it's all over before I know it and it all comes off again. I feel like it's a waste of time. So i go to bed and get up again with a new will to do all again and I do. So, Head up, Stomach in and Bum out, carry on! And Holly? Nice uniform :D .

sissy stacy
02-09-2005, 11:26 PM
(curtsey)

The fuss is all part of being a girl. If you enjoy being a girl, and i do, then it is all worth it. Part of the reason i dress is to get the whole feeling of being a girl. i get to fuss over myself, then wear all the pretty underclothing and get the feel of it. Women may complain about their bra straps, but i love the feeling of bra straps, garter belts and slips or petticoats.

(curtsey)

-sissy stacy