PDA

View Full Version : first time I shaved.

femvirgin
03-07-2007, 04:00 PM
Recently I shaved my groin, stomach and chest area for the first time in my 23 year life. Before hand I was quite hairy.

I used a beard trimmer on lowest setting then my normal razor to finish it off. I am guessing this was my mistake.

I now have a red rash all around my groin area up to my belly button. Any one has advice on shaving in future and preventing such side affects.

On a side note I did try cross dressing for the first time after shaving and it just felt right.

EdGein
03-07-2007, 04:11 PM
Moisturize and exfoliate. I'm guessing the "rash" is really ingrown hairs. Try using a loofa and a body wash to scrub away the dead skin cells and keep your pores open.

Kali
03-07-2007, 04:21 PM
Did you use enough shaving cream/lotion/etc on the affected areas? Did you moisturize afterwards? There are a lot of different reasons this could happen.

On a different note; "Ed Gein" as a screen name here? Is that really appropriate?

jillwadden
03-07-2007, 06:15 PM
The first reply to your concern was spot on.The rash is ingrown hairs.The reason you don't get a rash on your face is because you shave it every day.BEFORE you shave gently rub the area with a fingernail brush.This will remove the outer layer of dead skin allowing for a very close shave.In the morning,exfoliate again,even if you don't shave.Do this every day [it only takes a minute] and shave often.Soon you will be as smooth as silk and NO RASH.Also,for the first while don't shave against the grain of your hair.Wait a couple of weeks before you try that and when you do,have a fresh blade in your razor and BE GENTLE.Use a very light touch when shaving against the grain.This method has worked for me for a very long time.I even use it on my legs and they are wonderfully smooth.Best of luck to you,HON. :hugs: Jill

Brianna Lovely
03-07-2007, 06:19 PM
Use an electric shaver, no nicks no rash. And use a moisturiser afterwards.

Debby Cooper
03-07-2007, 06:37 PM
Make sure you use plenty of skin moisturiser, the main problem with men is that they have never been taught to keep their skin from getting dry and when they decide to shave all the hair off they are suddenly faced with all these rashes.
Once you have shaved it all away you definately wont want to go back to a hairy body. There are several creams that you can use to help with the prevention of hair growing back to quickly.
The most important thing is to use moisturisers every day.
Debby

27th Jennifer
03-07-2007, 07:03 PM
I found that after I shaved for a while, the bumpy redness started to go away. Your skin probably needs to get used to it. And make sure to buy lotion in the "family size" bottles.

femvirgin
03-07-2007, 07:08 PM
Thanks for the advice everyone I be sure to take heed of it. Am still learning but am sure I figure it all out eventually well hopefully.

SandyR
03-07-2007, 07:41 PM
I think Jill hit the razor on the head. All I can add is hang in there, be patient. Its worth wait.

Huggss....

SandyR

charles1
03-07-2007, 11:08 PM
didn't it feel good to loose all that hair and feel like a lady. the rash will go away but the thrill of the next step won't fondly, chas

kimmigir1
03-07-2007, 11:29 PM
Did you use enough shaving cream/lotion/etc on the affected areas? Did you moisturize afterwards? There are a lot of different reasons this could happen.

On a different note; "Ed Gein" as a screen name here? Is that really appropriate?

continued off topic

if your refering to this guy

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ed_Gein

yes i think its HIGHLY innapropriate

Lovely Rita
03-08-2007, 03:30 PM
I don't have much body hair and only shave my face and legs and putting on hosiery does feel so wonderful after shaving my legs.

lucytv2003
03-08-2007, 03:32 PM
i get it with razors and electric shavers, but not with hair removal creme, ever. try that, because i always, always get the horrible red spots with blades (and they take about a week to go too, with me).