PDA

View Full Version : dress just to dress?

kimmigir1
03-07-2007, 08:34 PM
i was thinking today while i was at work, what if society was ok with men wearing high heels dresses skirts etc, would you still go the whole way and try to look like a woman? or would you just wear heels and the clothing like forget the breastforms and just go out "as is" this kinda came out of the blue, and i wanna get your opinions on this

Joy Carter
03-07-2007, 08:38 PM
Most if not all women's clothes would not fit right without forms. If it were accepted that males could dress in the clothing of their choice. Then I would seek implants or other ways to permanently enhance my shape.:D

kimmigir1
03-07-2007, 08:41 PM
well thats true, i didnt take the form fitting stuff into concideration, but yeha i think it would be great if society would just get over it

marie354
03-07-2007, 08:46 PM
Yeah! Equality for men! Equality for men!

Yup! Society just needs to get over it and let us wear what we want.

SandyR
03-07-2007, 09:09 PM
For me its "all the way or the highway". I love the feel of womens cloths, the whole attitude thingy....

Just my thought.

Kisses...

SandyR

Casey Morgan
03-07-2007, 09:39 PM
Society's acceptance or no, I'm working towards the point when I go out on a daily basis without breastforms. I've decided society can darned well catch up with me if it so chooses. I'm not waiting for society.

Lovely Rita
03-07-2007, 10:46 PM
I think i would really enjoy dress designs for men. Sounds nutty but what the heck. I think it would be great if a designer made dresses for us. I mean since we naturally don't have boobs, it could be a plunging neckline but cut in away that did not have to accomodate boobs. nice slit up the side to show off our legs.
just a thought.

and they could call us all pretty men.

I would not give up the make up or anything but would not be concerned with "Passing".

kimmigir1
03-07-2007, 11:02 PM
right thats what im talking about just not caring about passing, i mean i have long lashes,and mascara complements them very well, if i could i would wear it daily, but again theres the fact that i work with the general public, and i cant really do that because customers may be uneasy with it, but if i worked in an office and had a desk job, i loved the way my nails looked when i had press on french manicure nails id get them done the day i start :P (cant have then in current job, i work in foodservice)

ArleneRaquel
03-07-2007, 11:21 PM
As a woman at all times. I hate being dressed male. :love: & :hugs: Trina - Never Look Back

kimmigir1
03-07-2007, 11:23 PM
As a woman at all times. I hate being dressed male. :love: & :hugs: Trina - Never Look Back

so what your saying is it goes deeper than "just dressing" and passing for you ?

ArleneRaquel
03-07-2007, 11:27 PM
so what your saying is it goes deeper than "just dressing" and passing for you ?

I love everything about being a woman. At my age, I really do not care if I pass or not. I could go on, but I am afraid that I would just babel, and my story would be too long. :love: & :hugs: Trina - Bi - Sexual Cross Dresser

suchacutie
03-07-2007, 11:28 PM
For me this is about "being" the other gender. The differences are profound and surely not limited to clothes or even physical appearance. It's about attitutide and perspective and all the actions that make a certain human accepted as a woman. I want to be Tina, not a guy in a dress!

Tina

btmgrl6
03-08-2007, 12:55 AM
Great question. i am en femme 24/7, i go out without make-up sometimes. But getting dolled up is one of the things I like about it. I am one of those who doesn't care what "society" thinks anyway...lol:tongueout

Angie G
03-08-2007, 01:03 AM
I'd still want to look as good as I could :hugs:
Angie

kimmigir1
03-08-2007, 01:42 AM
ok i dont think i was clear with my question, if society accepted men wearing heels and femme clothes , would you still try to pass as a woman ? i think that sums it up

Suzie S.
03-08-2007, 05:52 AM
I think it would be wonderful if society would accept men wearing anything they wanted. For me though, it's presenting as a woman, looking like a woman, and feeling like a woman. I would still do the whole 9 yards. Since I'd like to be a woman I would have no interest in being 'a man in a dress'. :happy:

Brianna Lovely
03-08-2007, 06:21 AM
ok i dont think i was clear with my question, if society accepted men wearing heels and femme clothes , would you still try to pass as a woman ? i think that sums it up

I like to think that I do this already.

Although I love to get all dolled up, like any woman, I have to be practical too.

So, I always have my nails done, wear obvious fem earrings, and go out in fem clothes all the time. Shorts, skirts, slacks or jeans and fem tops are my normal daily dress. Most of the time I carry a purse and wear lipstick, mascara and parfume.

So yes, if society was accepting, I'd still get "dolled-up" now and then, but maybe I would not be so nervous in my semi-mode.

Teresa Amina
03-08-2007, 07:08 AM
For me it's an expression of that Wannabe thing thats bugged me my whole life. Dressing, but "as a guy" wouldn't do it for me, I need to be as close to "real" as I can get.

suzy
03-08-2007, 07:13 AM
It's a feminine thing with me....a man in a dress isn't feminine ......to me anyway... I need to whole thing....I need to feel and look and be the girl I need to be.:hugs:

Girlieboy
03-08-2007, 07:22 AM
Agreed 100%, Suzy.

Lawren
03-08-2007, 07:43 AM
Most if not all women's clothes would not fit right without forms. If it were accepted that males could dress in the clothing of their choice. Then I would seek implants or other ways to permanently enhance my shape.:D

That is an excellent point and I agree with you. Most female clothing just does not look it's best without some breast curvature.

However, if Kimmigirl1's conditions did exist, I believe that most clothing makers would produce fem style clothing that was truly cut for men to wear.

As for myself, I do not think that I would go all out to look like a woman. Shouldn't there be some degree of seperation?

Marcie Sexton
03-08-2007, 08:02 AM
Its the girlie girl thing for me...I love the feel...the scarey part is that I'm as comfortable as Marcie, perhaps more so than Mr. drab...

...perhaps its the total woman coming out in me...I HOPE !!!

annecwesley
03-08-2007, 08:27 AM
i was thinking today while i was at work, what if society was ok with men wearing high heels dresses skirts etc, would you still go the whole way and try to look like a woman? or would you just wear heels and the clothing like forget the breastforms and just go out "as is" this kinda came out of the blue, and i wanna get your opinions on this

I'm working up the courage and making plans to go out dressed ala "Butterfly Bill" -beard and all. As I consider what to wear I've had to consider your very question. I don't think my skirts hang right without a little bit of "shaping" of my waistline. Likewise my blouses and jackets (as well as any of my dresses) are tailored for at least a little shape up top. Of course with some outfits being cut as they are I'd look like I have little breasts at least, even if I wore a t-shirt underneath (yech).

So I'm thinking I will wear a shaper and small breast forms to at least keep the outfit from looking out of shape. I would miss the feel of them in any case, which is part of the point of going out dressed. I think the outerwear would be more critical in avoiding looking too conspicuous. If anyone stared too intently I can leave them wondering if I'm wearing a bra, etc. or not. I can't do the makeup and wig and nails, so I'm going to try the ambiguously feminine looking guy look. I pretty looking guy in a beard?

Deanna2
03-09-2007, 01:10 AM
My answer would be that I just want to wear femme gear. I have no great desire to look like a woman. Wearing a dress with heels or a top and skirt would be fantastic. In fact, that's what I have on right now.

That said, I do wear a bra from time to time and it feels great too - even wear a wig sometimes.

Just give me a skirt and that's all I need.

Shelly R
03-09-2007, 02:10 AM
It would be nice if society would get over the clothing thing, but to us it is a choice of expression in how we want to dress, and what we feel we look good in. It would be a wonderful idea for all.
But for me, I am first a woman, and I will always dress this way. I will always make the effort to look as great as I can, other women can be hard masters of fashion, and looks. (Competition, or what?)
P.s I love the compliments from GG's !

Gina_darling
03-09-2007, 07:03 AM
I think i would really enjoy dress designs for men. Sounds nutty but what the heck. I think it would be great if a designer made dresses for us. I mean since we naturally don't have boobs, it could be a plunging neckline but cut in away that did not have to accomodate boobs. nice slit up the side to show off our legs.
just a thought.

and they could call us all pretty men.

I would not give up the make up or anything but would not be concerned with "Passing".

Absoultely, we do have better legs anyway ;)

JoAnnDallas
03-09-2007, 10:35 AM
We can already do this using a skirt and blouse. There are many blouses that look just as good with boobs and no boobs. Couple these with a nice skirt and you have what your looking for.