PDA

View Full Version : narcissism is OK

helenr
03-08-2007, 06:14 AM
I had to check on the spelling as it's not an everyday word. I confess that this word describes me. I am 60 and have been a transvestite my entire life. I realized a long time ago that I would not likely find another who would be truly attracted to a crossdressed male. I learned to accept that. I guess that I have 'created' a sex object for want of better term that is 'moi' as Miss Piggy would say. I am not intending any criticism of any other person-just the realization of what I am and acceptance that this was the only sane way to cope with transvestite urges. At 60 they aren't nearly so exciting as when I was 30, but I still get a keen thrill out of getting dressed daily, as apparently most of the contributors do also.Best, Helen

Lovely Rita
03-08-2007, 11:47 AM
Well, I feel I try to creat my ideal woman with the image put together with makeup and all the sexy clothes. I guess that is narcissistic of me. I do enjoy what I see, but I guess I have to try to be in control. I don't want to stay frozen looking at my reflection like the story in Greek mythology.

helenr
03-18-2007, 11:42 PM
Hi Rita, and you are lovely. I believe that we transvestites have far greater appreciation of ladies 'dainties' than GGs. I guess that makes sense since GGs can wear whatever they want, whenever. I look forward to summer, but will miss my Hanes Silk Reflections control tops which I wear daily about 8-9 months of the year. I see so few women wearing hosiery these days-hope it doesn't get discontinued! Best, Helen

Roxi Loh
03-19-2007, 12:06 AM
I was thinking about this before I saw this thread. I think I started dressing because I did not see or meet the girl or that I was attracted to. I then began to create her on my canvass. I went though years of failure...still do but I am still attracted to the mirror image. Someone said that if it werent for mirrors and (digital) cameras there would be no CDs. While I think that is a little extreme...it rings pretty close for me.

Kate Simmons
03-19-2007, 01:54 AM
The image we see in the mirror produces feedback to our brain. Depending on what we see and how we perceive it, the feedback is either additive (positive) or subtractive (negative). To many of us, the "pretty" image we see en femme is positive and it makes us feel good, whereas, the image we see as our guy selves is sometimes perceived as negative or hum drum. I doesn't have to be that way, however and in terms of emotional and spiritual growth, I would say the goal is to see the reflection as positive no matter what it looks like, otherwise you end up "dissing" yourself. The dynamics can sometimes be complicated but suffice it to say, I have learned the value of always seeing a positive reflection no matter what I look like and that has become my goal and outlook. Really, can half a man (or person) live? That question was brought up in the original Star Trek series when Capt. Kirk got split into two people during a transporter malfunction ("The enemy within"). He found out he couldn't survive without both parts of himself. I know I cannot do it, I don't know about anyone else.:happy:

Bev06 GG
03-20-2007, 03:05 PM
Hi Rita, and you are lovely. I believe that we transvestites have far greater appreciation of ladies 'dainties' than GGs. I guess that makes sense since GGs can wear whatever they want, whenever. I look forward to summer, but will miss my Hanes Silk Reflections control tops which I wear daily about 8-9 months of the year. I see so few women wearing hosiery these days-hope it doesn't get discontinued! Best, Helen

How can you tell Helen. I wear my hosiery under my clothes. Whether they be jeans, or dresses. And I think women do appreciate ladies dainties too, its just if we wore them all the time the novelty would wear off. Theyre for special occassions and they make us feel special.
Bev

Christina Nicole
03-20-2007, 05:26 PM
Here are a few definitions:

1. inordinate[emp added - CN] fascination with oneself; excessive self-love; vanity.
2. Psychoanalysis. erotic gratification derived from admiration of one's own physical or mental attributes, being a normal condition at the infantile level of personality development[emp added - CN].
Synonyms 1. self-centeredness, smugness, egocentrism.
or these definitions

1. Excessive[emp added - CN] love or admiration of oneself.
2. Erotic pleasure derived from contemplation or admiration of one's own body or self, especially as a fixation on or a regression to an infantile stage of development.

Something to think about.

Warm regards,
Christina Nicole

krisinpink
03-20-2007, 09:11 PM
Although not particularly flattering, it is a pretty accurate word for my crossdressing behavior.

I've been trying to psycho-analyze myself for more than 25 years (since discovering how much I TOTALLY enjoy dressing in womens clothes and shoes) The best I came up with rings true with a few of the postings made here so far.

Please understand I have as much Psychology training as a box of cracker-jacks, but I've picked up a few things along the way in this life. At the top of my list of self-diagnoses is "Translocation of Object of sexual desire" IE "if you can't find her, (or keep her) then make her (or be her)" Thats not to say I haven't been in a few long-term relationships - I have (and the only one to collapse from CDing was the very first [youngest] one)

Crossdressing is narcissistic. But that doesn't mean we have to let it consume us, or ruin other elements of our lives.

Please understand that I don't presume to speak for others on this forum, but I see some similarities in thinking here, and wanted to share my thoughts.

Jacqui

(got a cute hippy-chick outfit on right now)
Guess I had to add that comment for two reasons:
1) I really like this outfit
2) It feeds my narcissism!! :D

I love this forum!