PDA

View Full Version : develop private film by mail?

StephanieCD
02-09-2005, 08:11 PM
Curious...

I don't have a digital camera and can't really afford/justify one at the moment. But does anyone know of one of those private film development by mail places that can be trusted? Curious is all.

Must be the thigh highs ;)

Melissa A.
02-09-2005, 08:32 PM
Stephanie, just take your finished roll of film to wal mart or another developer and tell them you want a disk. I have done it, they dont care what's on there.

Hugs,

Melissa :)

Stephanie Brooks
02-09-2005, 08:38 PM
Yes Stephanie, Melissa's right. They don't care what's on the film. Whether you get prints or just a CD is up to you.

I'll add the qualifier that if you're exposing intimate body parts, then they might care and you'd probably need to use a service that doesn't mind.

DanaJ
02-09-2005, 08:53 PM
Curious...

I don't have a digital camera and can't really afford/justify one at the moment. But does anyone know of one of those private film development by mail places that can be trusted? Curious is all.

Must be the thigh highs ;)If I may make a suggestion - by the time you buy 3 or 4 rolls of film -and- pay for processing, shipping, etc..... you could buy a cheapie digi camera, or get a good used one off eBay.

...I'm just saying....

DanaJ

StephanieCD
02-09-2005, 09:43 PM
True - there's some justification ;)

LauraLeigh
02-09-2005, 10:24 PM
AND...they actually have 'disposable' digital cameras now...we sell those too!! LOL XXX LL

Jadeanne
02-09-2005, 10:57 PM
Stephanie,

If you carefully check for closeout sales, you might be able to get a decent digital camera, and it can be used for a lot more than CDing related photography.

After you pay for camera, a decent sized memory card, rechargable batteries, tripod, etc. the expenses after that are very minor unless you print out lots and lots of pictures.

The more pictures you take, the better a photographer you become, and with a digital camera, you don't have the big limitation of "I have only 24 pictures on the roll of film and have to pay $$ to have the entire roll developed". You can take lots of pictures from different perspectives, different settings, etc. then only keep the ones you like and print them only if you want to.

One thing I can do with my digital camera is connect it to a TV and show the pictures on the screen. At several (non-CD) gatherings people enjoyed seeing the pictures right after they were taken.

Does the digital camera seem more attractive?

Jadeanne