PDA

View Full Version : What was I thinking?

Lovely Rita
03-08-2007, 02:59 PM
How many times has this happened to you? You see this wonderful outfit or wig etc. And you think, "I have to have that!", then you excitedly do what you have to do to get it. You purchase it or it finally arrives and you quite hurridly rip open the parcel. Work feverishly to put on the particular item and............It is horrible!

This happened to me with a wig I bought. I mean it looked lovely in the wig store, I guess I should have tried it on, then when I put it on it was a total and complete mistake. I mean yukkkkkkkkk!

This happens to me more than I care to admit, but the few items that work make up for all the dissappointments.

Do you agree?

lucytv2003
03-08-2007, 03:19 PM
How many times has this happened to you? You see this wonderful outfit or wig etc. And you think, "I have to have that!", then you excitedly do what you have to do to get it. You purchase it or it finally arrives and you quite hurridly rip open the parcel. Work feverishly to put on the particular item and............It is horrible!

This happened to me with a wig I bought. I mean it looked lovely in the wig store, I guess I should have tried it on, then when I put it on it was a total and complete mistake. I mean yukkkkkkkkk!

This happens to me more than I care to admit, but the few items that work make up for all the dissappointments.

Do you agree?

yes for buying stuff online at least. but it was my fault, i assumed that the beautiful big breasted, gazelle of a model wearing the outfit was my sort of build, i wish they'd use realistic gals on the pics, but then i suppose that would defeat the object. most women have this crap to deal with, it's harder for us cos we can't often go and try stuff on (i cant at least...)

cindychan
03-08-2007, 03:20 PM
Yup , sometimes ya have to try before buying Rita.

Lovely Rita
03-08-2007, 03:22 PM
Yup , sometimes ya have to try before buying Rita.

I am slowly learning the hard way, at leaste for items like wigs it is very important.

Thanks

Kate Simmons
03-08-2007, 03:39 PM
I know the feeling Rita. I have a gay friend who is also a hairdresser. He makes even my worst wigs "work". Nice to have talented friends sometimes.:happy:

Mitzi
03-08-2007, 10:32 PM
Yup, bought a wig on ebay...just sat on my head limply. Fortunately it was inexpensive. Yes, it looked nice in the pic, but should have known better.

I usually buy my wigs (en drab) from a mom and pop wig shop, where I can try on different ones, and get critiqued by the owner. Even had a GG customer comment on one.

Mitzi

Billijo49504
03-08-2007, 11:03 PM
Rita, Just remember with womans clothes, size numbers are sometimes set by a weigie board....BJ

janet p
03-08-2007, 11:19 PM
The only way you can tell if something looks good on you or not is by having someone else look at you and tell you yes or no. We ourselves are poor judges of what looks good on us(male or female).:love:

SandyR
03-08-2007, 11:34 PM
Ordered a lovely top, purple to match my new pleated skirt, and heels. It arrived I ran up stairs (like a KID in a toy store) ripped it out of the box, tore off my shirt tried it on and "YUK" looked like a big purple people eater...oh well. Better luck next time......

Huggs....

SandyR

Wenda
03-08-2007, 11:44 PM
Gurls don't let gurls eBay drunk?
After a couple of drinks, I can visualize myself in some very unlikely outifts. w.

SandyR
03-08-2007, 11:51 PM
Wenda,

Just looked it up and its rule number 189 on page 455, "no drunk Girl ebaying!" Wish I would have known that before I ordered......Lesson learned...

SandyR

noname
03-09-2007, 12:14 AM
I wrote a post about this a while back that sank like a lead ballon. In short, we need to forgive ourselves for purchase mistakes. We think something will be a good purchase only to discover it doesn't work at all. Remember GG's have had an entire upbringing to find out what does and does not work for them, along with the advise of family and other GG's. So really, I think we can all find forgiveness for ourseleves for making a few mistakes on purchases. :2c:

Rachel Morley
03-09-2007, 12:26 AM
Yep! .... happened to me too ... and with a wig. Looked great on the model, I bought it online, but on my head, even with full make up (wigs always look better on you if you have on plenty of makeup) it looked hideous :eek:

These days my wigs are always bought at a local wig store. Try (when en femme) before you buy is the best option or me. :happy:

RachelDenise
03-09-2007, 05:43 AM
GG's have this trouble as well. I've seen many shopping trips end up with bad results. My wife will have this problem, so she just takes stuff back and gets a refund. I know that bit's harder to do that with catalogue purchases and doubt if it can be done on Ebay.

Wenda
03-09-2007, 08:36 AM
I think the worst was a maid's "outift" that I bought on eBay. When the anticipated package arrived, it seemed a bit tiny. It contained a dreadful black wig, a plastic thingy with a chunk of lace on it as a head piece, two cheap lace wrist bands, two cheap black lace garters, and a bib that was the 'apron'. I was pissed! I went to the site, and read the description carefully. No mention of the great little black skirt or top! My bad! When I showed it to my SO, she almost collapsed from laughter. Luckily I hadn't invested much in this 'caveat emptor' lesson:o w

JoAnnDallas
03-09-2007, 10:50 AM
This not only applies to clothing, but to other things. I am a model railroader and on occasion, I would see a structor or such that I just knew would look great on my layout. Only to see that it did not fit in with the rest of the layout. Sometimes with a little kitbashing, I could make it fit, other times, it would get trashed.
If you buy an item of clothing and discover that it doesn't go with the outfit, you might try and see if it fits another outfit.

Daintre
03-09-2007, 11:25 AM
I remember a few times looking in the catalogs and seeing such beautiful dresses, skirts and blouses.....go and buy some and after waiting for delivery...excitement building... and the ughhh....what was I thinking.

Mitzi
03-09-2007, 01:11 PM
OTOH, I've had experiences where the purchase eventually turned out well.

Whenever I purchase something, I rush to try it on without all the accessories (padding, makeup, wig, etc.). If it doesn't work, it gets returned, but on a few occasions, when I've had a chance to try it again, with full regalia, "Woo Hoo!!" (a leftover chat room exclamation:o )

Mitzi

Wendy me
03-09-2007, 01:44 PM
i have had a few disasters while impulse shopping a pair of omg to die for heels or that just too cute top.... or i am going to explode if i don't get that skirt.... feeling lol ..... most times it works out good but a few times i have been like what the hell was i thinking????..... relax we all have been there and for sure we all will go there again..... your not alone......