PDA

View Full Version : How long does it take for you to do your make up?

Andrea_girl
03-08-2007, 06:49 PM
My SO complained tonight that I took longer than her to put on my make up!!!

It takes me about 30 mins to hopefully get it right.

How long does it take you?

cindychan
03-08-2007, 07:06 PM
well it dosn't take me very long, but I need to get better makeup and take my time more. I guess I'm still experimenting.

RobertaFermina
03-08-2007, 07:09 PM
Takes me nearly an hour....Heaven help me if I'm *undecided* about my look!
I don't think it will ever take less than 30 minutes.

:rose: Roberta :rose:

ArleneRaquel
03-08-2007, 07:15 PM
I checked the 40 - 50 minute box. I can do I good job in less time, but when I first started to dress ,getting pretty took close to 1 1/2 hours. Now that I have a better sense of how I want to look, and have a better " beauty sense " I have cut the time down cosiderably. :love: & :hugs: Trina - Make - Up Guru

NatalieGirl
03-08-2007, 07:27 PM
It takes me about an hour. We don't have the experience that GGs have.

I'm sure that if GGs suddenly had to shave their faces, it would take them an hour to do it.

amanda barber
03-08-2007, 07:34 PM
5-10 minutes when I bother.
20 seconds-minute for a little lipstick and powder most days.

Good makeup should be invisible.
Most men need a beard shadow cover and eyebrow thinning only.
Most eye makeup draws attention to your allready deep set eyes.
Most blush builds up and draws attention to your already well developed cheeks.
bright lipstick draws eyes to your face
Its fun to play with, but often for day to day passing its a liability.

KimberlyS
03-08-2007, 07:35 PM
How long putting on makeup really varies for me. For the most part I only put on wig and makeup if I am going out. And I would say that I have only had full makeup on between 1 and 2 dozen times. Closer to the 1 dozen end.

But if the times I go out are closer together I am faster after the first time.

So many of the times I am in the 40-50 slot or even over an hour. And the fastest I think I have put it on was about 20 minutes.

My guess if i did it more often I would be in the 20-30 range. Yes that is my final answer and I am sticking to it. Until next time.

KimberlyS-CD
Joe in a skirt

Poll Options
How long does it take you to put on your Make Up ?
10 to 20 mins
20 to 30 mins
40 to 50 mins
1 hr and over

RobynM
03-08-2007, 07:38 PM
Why no box for under 10 mins? "Normal everyday" takes about 5 minutes, add two or three if I need to shave. If I'm feeling extravagent it might stretch to 15 or 20. I voted 10-20 because it was nearest and occasionally applies.

amanda barber
03-08-2007, 07:44 PM
Why no box for under 10 mins? "Normal everyday" takes about 5 minutes, add two or three if I need to shave. If I'm feeling extravagent it might stretch to 15 or 20. I voted 10-20 because it was nearest and occasionally applies.

Same here 10-20 was the lowest option.

SandyR
03-08-2007, 09:57 PM
I hit the 20-30 box....

Kisses...

SandyR

JeanneF
03-09-2007, 01:06 AM
I checked 20-30. Passable everyday makeup takes me about 15 minutes, evening makeup takes usually 30-45 minutes, depending on how creative I want to get with my eyes. I figure 20-30 is a good average.

Carol Sue
03-09-2007, 01:27 AM
10 -20 minutes seems about right. Although somwtimes I may take longer if I'm trying something new. I have been practicing for 40 years before that I didn't wear makeup.

Miss Lulu
03-09-2007, 01:37 AM
My first timers, my wife was complaining too that I took more time than her. That was normal 'cause I had no experience and I had male traits to hide that she doesn't have. Today, even though I can make it in 20-30 minutes, she still thinks I'm taking too long. But most of the days, if I don't feel to be a princess, a 5 minute make-up will do.

DawnRodgers
03-09-2007, 01:44 AM
I checked 20 - 30 minutes. That depends on whether you consider doing your nails (fingers and toes) as putting on makeup. That takes another 30 minutes or so.

tanya3
03-09-2007, 04:59 AM
it takes me at least an hour .i need more practice putting on make up . i never seem happy with the results . i'm picky i guess . but the time is worth it .

Marcie Sexton
03-09-2007, 07:00 AM
Thanxs to my wife I've cut my time in half to about 30-45 minutes...:rolleyes:

Kelsy
03-09-2007, 07:03 AM
It takes me exactly an hour and a half to completely dress. my makeup time includes shaving (face) moisturising, foundation, eyebrows, shadow, liner, mascara, blush and lipstick about 40 miniutes.:happy:

Jennifer:happy:

Maddie
03-09-2007, 07:49 AM
On a daily basis it takes about 15 min but there is no eyeshadow or liner but it is a drab effecr. It enhanceses my look foundation mascara eyebrow powder and clear lip gloss. I then have a baisi to change later.

Going out it takes about 30 min and ready to go.:happy:

Karren H
03-09-2007, 07:54 AM
Just-in-time crossdressing...... 10 to 15 minutes tops....

Karren

Country girl
03-09-2007, 08:12 AM
5 to 7 minutes.:tongueout But then again I don't have to go through a whole process like y'all have to. No facial hair to :eek: cover on this girl!!! :D
:hugs: CG gg

Rhonda Jean
03-09-2007, 09:36 AM
I've never actually timed myself, but, beginning after I've shaved, plucked my eyebrows, pulled my hair back and have my makeup all out and ready, no way I can spend more than 20 minutes. My wife spends about 10 minutes max on hers. What do y'all do that takes longer than that? I don't think it's because I'm better at it, although I've been doing it for a long time, and I don't think it's because I need less "work" than others. I may really be shortchanging myself somewhere. I do exactly the same thing my wife does, except i might use a beard cover and powder. I'm a little slower at doing my eyes than she is. What am I leaving out?

Carroll
03-09-2007, 09:40 AM
10 minutes to put on some foudation, lipstick and some mascara. basiclly a quicky.
20+ if I go all out or if my wife does it for me

Lovely Rita
03-09-2007, 09:59 AM
My SO complained tonight that I took longer than her to put on my make up!!!

It takes me about 30 mins to hopefully get it right.

How long does it take you?

I have to admit that I had to change my answer on the poll if I wanted to be honest. Some times it takes too long.

What's a girl to do?

LindaTS
03-09-2007, 10:37 AM
10 to 20 for me, but then again, I do it every day so I guess that would speed up the process.

JoAnnDallas
03-09-2007, 11:08 AM
I selected 10-20 minutes as this is how long it takes me to put my everyday makeup on. Which is foundation, powder, and lipstick. Now if I am getting ready for a Tri-Ess meeting or going out en fem, then it will take 30 minutes or more.

DonnaT
03-09-2007, 04:01 PM
About 40-50 minutes.

I could do it faster, but I perspire a lot, and have to keep stopping. Even with a fan sitting in the sink blowing right on me.

btmgrl6
03-09-2007, 04:45 PM
If I even bother....20 - 30 minutes. usually just powder and lipstick,unless i am going out on a date or somewhere fancy....as for errands....maybe lipstick. I used to make up my face everyday, but it got to be a drag..hehehe.
As for work. If I am going to be out in thr field all day... none. If I have to go into an office...I will smear some on...maybe even put on a bra.....

Deborah
03-09-2007, 05:22 PM
Not that long if the only thing i have to do is makeup. It's all the showering, shaving etc before hand that takes forever. :rolleyes:

Colleentg
03-09-2007, 09:44 PM
Here I am again, near to the end of the thread! LOL
I normally take up to 20 minutes. You know how it is, you get near done and you find another detail to work on, an extra long eyebrow hair you just have to pluck or cut, etc. I got one of those Microtouch mini shavers just for shaping eyebrows, cutting ear and nose hair, etc. It's worth the money!

GINA-CD
03-09-2007, 09:56 PM
More than an hour for sure... and it is worse if I do it wrong 'cus having to correct the mistake adds 10 to 15 minutes.

SherriePall
03-10-2007, 08:57 AM
I voted 10-20, but I think I'm usually about 20 minutes. Now, that is after shaving and not counting fingernails, dressing, combing my hair, etc. And that is usually on a good day.
I think I will have to time my make-up application next time.

Kate Simmons
03-10-2007, 10:09 AM
What's the rush really? Artistic expression takes time and this is what I consider CDing, an artform. Anyway, I have it down to 20 minutes after I am shaved and dressed. This includes shadow, mascara, liner, brows, beard cover,nail polish, foundation, blush and face powder to tie in the foundation and blush and also to tone down the blush(so it doesn't look "clownish"). This does not include putting on my wig, jewelery, etc. which takes an extra 5 minutes and I have picked out ahead of time. So, 20 minutes, give or take a few, not including other prep work such as shoes, clothes and possibly coat in the cold weather. Like I said, what's the rush? I enjoy minute of getting ready after I finally push myself to do it. It is a lot of work and some days I'm just not into it.:happy:

MJ
03-10-2007, 10:16 AM
just the makeup 20 to 30 minutes but prep time added depending on how much shaving i have to do 1 to 2 hours but worth the time

marie354
03-10-2007, 10:19 AM
It really depends on what you want to achieve. Most days, I only put on a little lipstick. Some days, I add a little eyeshadow and maybe some blusher.
Once in a while I just have to do more and that can take quite longer to achieve that "perfect" look that I want.

So some days it's 2 seconds, and some days 1/2 hour to an hour. It all depends on the end result that you expect.
This doesn't include time for plucking eyebrows that I sometimes need to do or fixing my hair after the makeup is complete. The hair is an important part of the overall look.

Marianna Julianna
03-10-2007, 03:36 PM
I can agree it takes me longer to get made up than my wife, I think this would be true for most of us. I mean we have more to do and need to take more care, don't we? Apart from anything else I enjoy doing it anyway, which means I take a bit longer too I guess. What about taking it off though, that takes me nearly as long sometimes too.

trannie T
03-10-2007, 10:47 PM
It takes me about 15 minutes. It would probably take longer if I knew what I was doing.

Kathleen Anne
03-10-2007, 11:00 PM
It takes me 40-50 mins. to do the makeup . most of the time is spent getting my eyes right ,which usually means at least one is redone !
Its a love hate relationship with mascara !

Kathleen Anne:be:

Amy Sue
03-10-2007, 11:40 PM
I checked off the 20-30 minute range. Thats just for the make up, the prep work adds maybe another 20-30 depending on how close I need to shave etc.

I actually enjoy doing my make up and don't rush. Taking my time during the transformation is one of the joys of being a woman in my opinion. It's amazing to watch a GG do it, even more so for girls like us.

Amy :)

michellebesweet
03-11-2007, 11:44 PM
Takes me longer to make sure I shave everything off. Over the years I have just gotten better with makeup.