PDA

View Full Version : Got my makeover last night!

DanaJ
02-10-2005, 06:07 AM
Well, after two reschedules, my makeover lady and myself were finally able to get together. It was a lot of fun, it had been two months since we had last gotten together for some fun!

I arrived about 4pm, and she locked the door and turned off the OPEN sign. Then, we sat down and chatted for a bit, and she immediately started to look through the clothes I bought to pick out an outfit for me. She likes the new red leather skirt, so we used that, a black ribbed sweater and my 4 inch heels. She quickly polished my nails a nice red, so they could dry while she did my brows and makeup.

She had a fit when she saw my eyebrows :), so it was off to her waxing station. Before I could express any concerns about not making my brows too girly, she was waxing! She is always so professional on my brows, taking a small brish and scissors and making sure each hair is trimmed down.

Right in the middle of the brow work, someone was beating on her door! She went to the door, someone wanted to come in for a haircut, so she told her that she was closed and made an appointment for the next day. My makeover lady then came back and did some fine-tuning plucking, then it was on to makeup.

She worked on my makeup, and semi-explained what she was doing. I didn't get a chance to set up the video camera this time, but told her I might want to take photos as we go next time, and she said that would not be a problem. For a change, she did not use false eyelashes, but curled my lashes and used several coats of mascara....

Again, in the middle of the makeup, someone starts knocking at the door!!! Even though we do the makeup towards the back of the salon, someone looking hard enough can see back there by looking in the salon mirrors in the front. It was another person wanting to make an appointment for her kids, she actually came in and then chatted for a few minutes - haven't these people ever heard of telephones!!?? LOL

She came back and finished my lips, then I went in the back to dress. It was funny, usually I cannot wear those 4 inch heels well, I can hardly walk in them. But last night, for some reason, they were no problem. I was surprised at how easily I managed them, I guess practice does make perfect....

We went up to her hair station, which is in the front of the salon, where she put my wig on me and got it brushed out and fitted. She chose some jewelry, then it was photo time!

I don't think these are my best photos, but it is always lots of fun :)

DanaJ

DanaJ
02-10-2005, 06:11 AM
Another pic..... I have such a hard time finding good poses.....

samanthajay
02-10-2005, 06:11 AM
nice pic dona you always have good ones :D

DanaJ
02-10-2005, 06:13 AM
One more pic, modeling some sunglasses, and trying to look sexy :D LOL

DanaJ
02-10-2005, 06:17 AM
We decided to try a different wig.... so there I am sitting there, completely made up, dressed - but with no wig. All of a sudden, there is someone at the door AGAIN! This time it was a guy, and he had a lot of boxes for my makeover lady. She let him in and then HE wanted to chat, the whole time I was sitting there petrified! LOL Here are a coupleof pix with the other wig.....

DanaJ

DanaJ
02-10-2005, 06:19 AM
One more with the red wig......

DanaJ

Kassandra
02-10-2005, 06:26 AM
Such a pretty face Dana! You are really cute!

Nice outfit too. Of wigs, I think you looked really hot in the blonde one. I framed your face so nicely.

I'd love to look as good as you.

Tris

Sharon
02-10-2005, 06:31 AM
Blonde or brunette? Brunette or blond? Dana, you look terrific in both wigs and I love the red leather skirt.

Marlene4a
02-10-2005, 06:39 AM
All photos are great Dana:
I especially like the first one with the red skirt.

Blonde or Brunnette, you look fantastic and very passable.

Julie
02-10-2005, 06:44 AM
Dana, I know how peeved you were at the cancellation of the last two appointments, even so the result was worth waiting for. Best photos or not you look lovely and thanks for posting the pictures.

JJ

sherri
02-10-2005, 07:07 AM
Thanks Dana. Great skirt. I like the blonde wig.

June
02-10-2005, 07:17 AM
Dana: Thanks so much for sharing your experience. You look terrific and you don't have anything to worry about, you look totally natural ! You could head out to the mall or a nightclub with no problem ! All my best.

~~ June

P.S. - Blonde is the better look :)

Lindahexi
02-10-2005, 07:32 AM
Dana you look fabulous, I love the blonde wig best, but all are great. The whole outfit suits you perfectly, especially the red skirt! Nice shoes anf jewellery too. You must be very pleased with this makeover.

HUgs,

Linda.

ChristineRenee
02-10-2005, 07:36 AM
Fab-a-mundo Dana...as always girl! I swear you can wear anything or any color hair and look absolutely dynamite...so pretty and feminine. And hey...I LOVE THOSE EYEBROWS! My wife just ripped me a new one for getting mine done just like that. (the jealous B***H!...meow, meow!):D

You look pretty contented in those pics too babe....was definitely worth the wait wasn't it?:cool:

Thanks for sharing hon!

Love,
Chrissie ( I sooooooo wanna makeover like yours now!!!!);)

paulaN
02-10-2005, 08:48 AM
Dana you look great thanks so much for sharing. I am so jealous. can I go with you next time please please I promise I'll be good.

Tristen Cox
02-10-2005, 08:49 AM
Great pics Dana! Bout time you got there to get the full job done aye? It's probably me but I think the red wig does you good. ;) Anyhow glad you got to finally do your thing, talk to you later about that.

Love
Tristen

TrueGemini'sWife GG
02-10-2005, 09:11 AM
Though you know I love all your pic's, my absolute favs are you as a blonde!

You look...

;)Marvelous, Darling!!!!!!!!!!!!;)

Lots of Love,
Pattie

Holly
02-10-2005, 09:18 AM
Dana,

All I can say is wow!:)

letsdance GG
02-10-2005, 09:25 AM
Dana

YOU LOOK FANTASTIC!!!!

Can I borrow your make over lady??? :D

The wait you had was soo worth it. Your makeup looks flawless. Love both wigs.
Kinda favor the blonde, but both are fabulous!

Tracie Lynn
02-10-2005, 10:24 AM
Dana, what Christine said meow girl you look fantastic I stand in awe at your beauty keep up the great work girl friend, PS I am sending gulf stream 5 please send makeover lady lol lol.

DanaJ
02-10-2005, 04:42 PM
samanthajay - you were quick on the post, sneaked in there :) Thanks

Trista, thanks to you too...

Sharon, the skirt was under $30 at Newport News

Marlene, that is so sweet of you to say :)

Julie, I wasn't so much peeved as disappointed, but finally got it done - thanks for the nice comments.

Sherri - thanks girl!

June, thanks - I may venture out one day...

Linda, this wasn't one of my favorite makeovers, but after all teh nice comments, it is growing on me :)

DanaJ

DanaJ
02-10-2005, 04:47 PM
Christine Renee - thanks, I have been following your thread, it is a real shame...

Paula - sure you can come with me next time, should be in about 2 weeks

Tristen - I know it was about time, I have been in makeup withdrawal!

Pattie - thanks a lot sweetie! ;)

Holly - big words there, thanks!

letsdance - borrow her? Well, maybe - if the price is right :)

Tracy Lynn - instead of sending the jet, why don't you come on it too?

DanaJ

Rachel Ann
02-10-2005, 04:56 PM
You look fabulous honey! And you always have a nice smile, which is at least as important as other aspects of looks combined. :) Have I mentioned that you are very pretty, too?

Love

Rachel xxx

p.s. The pictures I've posted here are from a photo session immediately after a professional makeover. Now that I'm learning how to do my own makeup, no picture of my face looks good enough to me yet!

KewTnCurvy GG
02-10-2005, 05:07 PM
Another pic..... I have such a hard time finding good poses.....
Hate you and am jealous! These are good things okay?

hugs
kew

Aloha_Dana
02-10-2005, 05:14 PM
Dana, Incredible. You're beautiful! Tall, pretty and elegant. Awesome. Some day I'll be there too.

Thanks for sharing.

Aloha, Dana

Priscilla1018
02-10-2005, 05:42 PM
Hi Dana,

Great pictures. I am a sucker for red heads, but I really like the blonde wig the best. The red skirt is you girl. I am so...... envious. :p

Love and hugs,
Priscilla

Priscilla1018
02-10-2005, 05:46 PM
Hi Dana,

Great photos. I am usually a sucker for red heads, but I think the blonde wig looks great on you. That red skirt is to die for, I am so.........envious :p

Love and Hugs,
Priscilla

Paula A
02-10-2005, 05:49 PM
Dana;
Looks like a good time, she did a wonderful job. Scary with the UPS guy I bet, I bet your heart was pounding like mad. But rest assured, with you dressed and made up I bet he thought you were just a real GG, trying out some wigs. I mean really you could pass anywhere, Did you drive home at least?

Priscilla1018
02-10-2005, 05:49 PM
I am so confused and envious, I posted twice. Way to go girl.

Love and Hugs,
Priscilla

Jennifer_G
02-10-2005, 07:43 PM
How did I miss this post?????????

WOW!!! Dana you look a million dollars !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Simply divine gurl.

:)

Lauren Richards
02-10-2005, 08:18 PM
Dana,
Sooooooooooo nice that you take the time to treat yourself to these special makeover sessions! Thanks for sharing your experiences and the Wonderful Photos! You have got it all goin', girl!

Lauren

Lauren Richards
02-10-2005, 08:23 PM
For anyone who may have missed it when it came out recently, if you have not read the thread "The Story of Dana", I highly recommend you check it out. A nice story and terrific background on how these sessions and photos became possible. A great read, fur sure.

Lauren (the librarian)

Chrissycd
02-10-2005, 09:36 PM
You have got the most fantastic setup going, Dana! She closes her shop for you? Get outta here. LOL. That is fantastic! And the results are wonderful. You look so comfortable and content. I'm so happy for you!
Hugs,
Chrissy

DonnaT
02-10-2005, 11:43 PM
Well I for one saw a problem with everything. . . . . . . . .Skirts too long :D

Looking good Dana! Those eyebrows don't look fem at all :rolleyes:

Ava Mouse
02-11-2005, 01:14 AM
Wow, Dana, you look awesome! <valley girl speak>I am, like, sooo jealous!</vgs>

That's your best look yet!

Maybe that male visitor wanted to get in on the makeover, too! :eek:

JoannaDees
02-11-2005, 04:40 AM
Wow! Dana, those photos really, really look great. Damn, I should stay away from altered states before looking at your posts! Well done!

Joanna

Tamara Croft
02-11-2005, 01:45 PM
Hiya Dana... I don't think I can actually pick out one fave this time... they all look great. Your make-up looks different this time. It's more natural looking. So that's the red skirt you were telling me about huh.... it's really nice. So when's the next makeover?? and tell me something... how much does it cost??

Tamara x

DanaJ
02-11-2005, 05:19 PM
Rachel Ann - good to see you and thanks! Not sure if that was a smile or a grimace though :)

Kew - there is no higher praise than a GG saying she hates you LOL

Dana - thanks, great name you have there ;)

Priscilla - thanks a lot girl. Thanks a lot girl....

Paula - I might have passed, but I had no wig on at the time, and I am pretty much bald :eek: LOL Alas, I didn't drive home, still too paranoid.

Jennifer - you are too kind, thanks

Lauren - many thanks, and one day I hope to be as brave as you in your adventures

Chrissy - yes, it is true, she does close up just for me :) She is a pretty special lady

Donna - my thighs are a bit muscular, but I do have a real short mini I might try next time...

Ava - like, gag me with a spoon! Totally like thanks!

Joanna - wow, thanks... good to see you posting again

Tamara - the next makeover will be in a coupleof weeks I hope. The whole session (brow wax/shaping, makeover, wig styling, photos) cost me $100 with tip

Again, a big thanks to everyone! Because of the support and positive comments here, I feel more comfortable every time I do this and love to share the photos. I just worry that I post too many photos or go into too much detail. You girls let me know if that is the case, OK?

On another note, I have told my makeover lady about this forum, she is very interested in learning about the whole CD thing, and I have been trying to explain to her as best I can....

DanaJ

Sharon
02-11-2005, 05:26 PM
The whole session (brow wax/shaping, makeover, wig styling, photos) cost me $100 with tip
DanaJ

Or $99.50 before tip. :D

derminator
02-11-2005, 05:37 PM
Dana - great pics.... you really look the part, very classy and cute.

Definitely voting for the red wig... but really, you seem to look good no matter what the outfit / hair combo.