PDA

View Full Version : Fogot how difficult shopping can be.

Jocelyn Quivers
03-10-2007, 11:35 AM
I had to go shopping today for a liquid foundation by myself, being that my wife was at work. Of course on Saturday morning Walmart is crowded and everyone and their brother is on the make-up aisle. I entered the store feeling so strong and confident, but by the time I had to actually go down the make-up aisle and pick up the foundation.

I started to become paralyzed. I was starting to the standard walk by the products 50 times until I gathered the courage to just pick them up and head to the self checkout(thank goodness). I guess I’ve gotten spoiled by having my wife with me when I do my femme shopping.

Has anyone else gotten so used to having their wife/SO with them when they are shopping, that when they occasionally have to go shopping by themselves they freeze up? Jocelyn

Talon DeRojo
03-10-2007, 12:17 PM
Jocelyn - Practice makes perfect, although there may still be those days when you're just more nervous than others.
Talon:happy:

Rachel Morley
03-10-2007, 12:33 PM
Yep, me too! I go everywhere with my wife. It's not so much the shopping part, but more the "being dressed in girly clothes as a guy" type thing. I always feel safe and protected when I'm dressed as a "girly boy" with my wife, but more vulnerable when I'm out on my own dressed like this.

That said, some femme things are "difficult" to buy if you're not feeling confident - although (thankfully for me) I seem to be past this obstacle these days.

Di
03-10-2007, 12:39 PM
I understand....Sher and I do all the shopping together.....but hon even though you are nervous....really I do not think anyone would really think anything...only you were picking up something for your wife. You just got out of your comfort zone...... If this ever happens again where you need to shop by yourself....go early....or late.....and there are some Walmarts that are open 24 hrs...just go when there will not be alot of people.

Karren H
03-10-2007, 03:55 PM
Nope..... my wife doesn't go with me..... and they way i see it, if it's for sale then anyone can buy it.... so I'm not embarased to buy anything and everything..... Except men's hair color!!! .... I'm not scared just vain!!! hehehe

Love Karren

JoAnnDallas
03-12-2007, 09:41 AM
I buy most of my makeup while in guy mode. I even have had SA's come up and ask if I needed any help. Once I said "Yes", I told her I needed #105 powder and she helped me find it in another brand. She did ask if it was for my wife or GF and said "neither". She didn't bat an eye, just helped me find the powder. I already had my liquid makeup and eyeshadow in my hands.

tommi
03-12-2007, 10:01 AM
One thing I find that helps is making list, if nothing else carrying a list makes
for good cover. I pick up my wifes cosmetics all the time when I go to walmart.
Having a list in hand helps me to relax,I'm actually more nervous when picking
things up for my wife that I might just screwup and get the wrong stuff.:hugs:

cindychan
03-12-2007, 10:14 AM
Sometimes I freeze up when I realize I'm spending $30+dollars on just 3 items of makeup:(

Tamara Segunda
03-12-2007, 12:32 PM
I used to have the same kinds of apprehensive feelings when I had to do things like buying makeup for myself. Several years ago, however, my wife was dealing with a medical condition that required her to use a walker for almost a year. She *could* go shopping, but it was a major hassle, so more often than not, when she needed something I played errand boy. During that time, I bought makeup of all kinds, bras, panties, and the kind of utilitarian flannel granny nighties that she likes. Of course, if she needed anything from the drug store (menstrual supplies, etc.), I was the one who had to get them for her. As it turned out, this was a very liberating experience for me. I never worried that any sales person would give me any grief, and (surprise!) none ever did.

Today, my wife is fine and does most of her own shopping, but I do most of mine and am perfectly comfortable with the process. Now, I'm not so confident or desensitized that I would ask to try on a dress, or ask for help matching my personal shades at a random makeup counter, but if it's just a question of asking for a particular item, or size, or color, I have no problem at all. I think if one appears visibly nervous, or appears to be acting furtively, it alerts people nearby that something weird is going on. Some of those clerks are like wolves: it's as if they can *smell* fear. :heehee: Whether you're comfortable sharing that you're buying for yourself, or you want to maintain the fiction that you're buying for someone else, just stand up straight, look them in the eye, and *dare* them to say something. They won't.
.......Tamara Segunda.

Gina_darling
03-12-2007, 12:39 PM
I usually shop alone anyway. However one time I saw some really nice boots but some GGs were just in front trying other shoes on. I felt awkward getting them in front of them so I hung back and looked at other things until they moved on. What a wimp I know :cheeky:

Christina Nicole
03-12-2007, 06:01 PM
I usually shop for my clothes, makeup, shoes, and accessories alone. I don't have a problem with the crowds.

I needed more foundation a few weeks ago and the MA talked me into trying something new. So, on a busy Saturday afternoon at Macy's, she took all of my makeup off and completely re-did my face. The hard part was trying to not buy everything she used, but the few items still totaled a tidy sum.

Warm regards,
Christina Nicole

SabrinaJoy
03-12-2007, 06:10 PM
Once while on a business trip out of state, several years ago, I gathered the courage to go to a drugstore and buy some pantyhose. I also grabbed a box of feminine napkins. "Brilliant! You are a genius!" I told myself as I stood at the register, conjuring up the most put-upon and annoyed expression possible for the human face to reveal.

The SA scanned my goods wordlessly. Now that I think of it, I could have been dressed as a clown with dolphins flying out of my nose and gotten no more of a reaction from her. She may have been undead, I am not certain.

Yeah. Shopping is my adventure.

Sabrina

karynspanties
03-12-2007, 06:39 PM
Let's see this past saturday I went and washed the suv and then went and fill the tank. All dressed enfemme. Who cares what poeple think? If you are comfy with who and what you are......go for it! You just may be surprised.

Lori SC
03-12-2007, 08:40 PM
Nope, For most items I can select them and pay for them without any pitter-patter of the heart. I also shop en femme, and it's even easier. I'll try things on in the dressing rooms too, matching the sex I'm dressed as.

Now the one thing that does make me a little nervous is trying on womens shoes en homme in a store where you have the self serve shoe aisles. I do try to be discrete and avoid people, but I am going to make sure they fit before buying them!:frustrated:

With practice everything gets easy.

Hugs, Lori

michellejw
03-13-2007, 06:12 PM
No problem here. Buy everything I want by myself. Just need to have a little confidence.

ArleneRaquel
03-13-2007, 06:19 PM
Not for this girl. In fact shopping ( enfemme) is my second favorite sport. :love: & :hugs: Trina - Whose's Favorite Sport Is ?

kathly
03-14-2007, 02:28 AM
I know the feeling too well. this has happen many times to me. when I go to store to buy something I have been dreaming about for a while and then the fear of people looking at me just drives me out of the store. but I have learn to shop really earlie in the morning because at that time people in the stores don't care and are half a sleep anyways. I actually used to go to a particullar store to buy shoes and the lady there told me I could try them on if I wanted to and not to feel weird because she understood. That I though was so cool of her. too bad I don't see her there anymore. one thing though is i can't stand when another guy works in the store because that just makes me want to leave.

DawnL
03-14-2007, 02:47 AM
you could always do the semi-under-the-breathe "now what shade did she say to get?" "oh yeah, here it is." That is always a good standby

Lovely Rita
03-23-2007, 12:28 PM
I do love it with my SO, but I am getting better at it alone. It is much easier with the SO along though.