PDA

View Full Version : airport

chick.wish
03-10-2007, 07:55 PM
Hey all, i know some of you must travel a lot. Do you carry your makeup in your carry on or checked baggage when flying? And if you do put it in your carry on, have you had any trouble at the airports?

I'm not talking a lot , just maybe a compact of foundation and a tube of mascara.

Thanks

Tamara Croft
03-10-2007, 08:08 PM
Do you really think anyone cares what's in your bag?? They aren't looking to see if you're carrying make-up, they are looking for bombs, guns, anything that can do harm.... I'm pretty sure you're not going to assassinate someone with your powder now are you....

Jenna1561
03-10-2007, 10:08 PM
Hi,

I fly frequently and haven't had a problem. I do put it all in a 1 quart baggie and place it separate from my backpack-purse in the xray trays. I usually carry powder, blush, lipstick, gloss, shadow, mascara and brow pencil. Just remember that the liquids and gels need to be placed in the baggie for security. I just throw all my makeup in the baggie. That way it's all together.

Jenna

Wendi {LI NY}
03-10-2007, 11:34 PM
Hi hon,
I ever had a problem with make-up ,but I did have problems yrs ago with my jewerly and breasts forms that i had in my carry on .. They thought my chicken cutlets breast forms were plastic explosive. till they seen the nipples ![lol] As for the jewerly they ask me in boy-mode if i had a jewerly box in my luggage ,i said yes ,Why? then they ask if they can open it .I said of course ! Well after they look at it ,One said "you have some nice jewerly" ! I said "well thank you " It was funny now that I think about it .. BUt They dont care what you have as long as it is not bomb or gun . Dont worry ,be happy ! hugs ,Wendi D:D

chick.wish
03-11-2007, 12:40 PM
thanks all, i'm gonna try it and see what happens

valdor
03-11-2007, 01:04 PM
Many years ago when my wife approved ,my panties were in my own case when we went on holiday ,my case was opend by the customs,he raked through my case,pushed my panties aside and gave me a look but it didn"t bother me. Valerie

Amy07
03-11-2007, 02:33 PM
If you must carry on, make sure you have your make-up in small Zip Lock baggies. I am positive you have to take them out of the carry on, and run throught the x-ray machine. If you're in drab, security might question why that guy has make-up. Might get dicey if you care.

On a personal note, I think carry on luggage should be stopped. There is never enough room and it slows down the loading of the plane. Also, some careless so-and-so dropped his large bag on my shoulder when he attempted to get it out of the overhead. putz!

Oh, sorry. Have a nice day!

tifftg
03-11-2007, 03:39 PM
On my most recent trip I had makeup in my checked bag, along with wigs, heels and breastforms. Never a problem. In my carry-on along with my toothpaste and shampoo, I had a compact, mascara and tube of lipstick. They are looking for dangerous items, not matching up boy things and girl things. Don't be nervous, you shouldn't ever have an issue.

tiffany

Sierra Evon
03-11-2007, 03:50 PM
I dont really do much flying , but if I do sometime I'll remeber all ya'll s tips .
good info.

TxKimberly
03-11-2007, 04:45 PM
I am on planes every single week and I'll give some advice - do NOT put it in your carry on, and it's got nothing to do with them seeing your things. As a result of an foiled attempt to smuggle explosives on board in a shampoo bottle, the TSA has serious limitations to carrying liquids or powders on board. You are allowed to carry a small amount in a clear bag and it must go through the xray seperate.
You don't need or want the hassle - check it.
Kim

Hey all, i know some of you must travel a lot. Do you carry your makeup in your carry on or checked baggage when flying? And if you do put it in your carry on, have you had any trouble at the airports?

I'm not talking a lot , just maybe a compact of foundation and a tube of mascara.

Thanks

Jenna1561
03-11-2007, 05:24 PM
Kim's correct. TSS is serious about scanning for liquids, gels and such. I usually pack my toiletries in checked bags, but carry a minimum of makeup in my backpack-purse.

On a recent trip, I dutifully placed the baggie with makeup in the xray tray separate from my bag. BUT, I forgot that I had a spray bottle of Afrin nasal spray in the bag. Their machine spotted it and they had to look through the bag.

I apologized for forgetting about the Afrin. After a quick 3-minute inspection, I repacked and was on my way. So be certain to baggie what they tell you to.

Jenna