PDA

View Full Version : Outed?

Stephanie-L
03-11-2007, 04:04 AM
Well, it finally happened, sort of. I was in a shoe store (DSW Shoe Warehouse, great selection but nothing in my size) and the SA was helping me. I didn't come out and say so but implied the size 13 pumps were for me. She couldn't find any in my size. Just then another SA came over and said "Hi Steve". She is the daughter of a friend of ours, I didn't know she was working there. I was in drab, so hopefully she won't put 2+2 together and wonder why I was asking about large size womens shoes. Fortunatly her mother and my wife don't speak any more, so unless she figures it out and decides to be catty I should be OK. I chatted for a minute and made an excuse about picking up my kid from school. I hope I played it cool enough. Still shopping though.....Stephanie

Jocelyn Quivers
03-11-2007, 10:23 AM
Hopefully everything will work out for you. A bit of shopping advice from a severly closeted CD who is afraid of being outed by her own shadow, whose wife get's irrated at her level of being cautious. I usually go to another city, state, or at a minimum a different side of town to reduce the chance of running into someone who might know me. Jocelyn

marie354
03-11-2007, 10:40 AM
I actually feel more nervous about shopping farther away from where I live, than in the local stores here. I guess I'm weird. I'm not as worried as I used to be about someone I know seeing me in the ladies department. So I guess it's starting to feel normal to me or something. You won't ever catch me in the men's department. I just don't want to buy any men's clothes anymore.

Jocelyn Quivers
03-11-2007, 10:48 AM
You won't ever catch me in the men's department. I just don't want to buy any men's clothes anymore.

I agree 100% with you on that one. Jocelyn

crusadergirl
03-12-2007, 01:11 AM
I have had that problem as well alot of ppl know me so where ever i go someone that knows me works there. I would go out of the state are town but i don't like driving that far. I go to Ross sometimes and everytime i'm checking out i see someone i know right behide me. I know they see what i buy but they say nothing to me about it.
If they did tell someone who ever it mite be that person would act strange around me. But its all good.

Karren H
03-12-2007, 09:32 AM
Sounds like you did ok... But time will tell!! I've had two local stores that I love to shop in "contaminated" so to speak buy my kids friends... The local Kohl's store and Kmart... My daughters friend is now a SA at Kohls and my son's friend works at Kmart!! Sooo they are off limits.... Don't need the kids asking me... "My friend saw you trying on dresses Dad... What's with that??". Hehe

Love Karren

shannonsilk
03-12-2007, 10:56 AM
i hope it turns out all right. don't give up shopping, though. as if anyone really could. a former co-worker was an SA in the makeup department at Kohl;s when i was looking at foundation. I haven't been back there since.

Lovely Rita
03-23-2007, 02:20 PM
Don't worry. It is probably nothing.

Jodi
03-23-2007, 06:55 PM
I was shopping on Thursday in drab. I went into a store for the first time--A "White House/Black Market store. I was brousing and found a nice black skirt and cream top on sale. The SA walked over to me to ask if i was finding everything OK. I told her that I was a cd and the items were for me. She responded with "no problem, would I like to try them on". I had never been in this particular store before. When I was in the dressing room, The SA knocked on the door and asked what size shoe I wore. I told her a 10. She said that many of their shoes were on sale for $15. The next thing I knew she handed a pair over the door for me. They were peeptoe, black suede pumps with cream ribbon trim and an ankle strap. They fit well and for $15 couldn't pass them up.

Was I nervous walking into a new store and coming out to the SA? I never even thought about it. I acted like any other customer and was treated just like any other customer. That is what shopping is all about.

Jodi

Amy Hepker
03-23-2007, 07:03 PM
Ooopppssss

countrygirlGG
03-28-2007, 02:04 AM
I used to work in alot of womens clothing & shoe stores.One day a rather tall woman walked in, slightly hiding her face,I really didn't think anything of it,she was a customer,that's all.& by the way she had a great set of legs:D .Made me jealous:heehee: !!Anyway,other customers started raising a big deal over her,as she turned around I seen the manly features,put 2+2 together & knew she was a he.Well, at the time I was the manager of the store,these ignorant customers asked to see the manager & have him thrown out of the store.I of course had to inform them that I was the manager & that she had every right to shop there as everyone else!When they asked me if I noticed it was a man dressed as a woman,all I said was "No, she's a customer".After that we became very good friends!She always enjoyed shopping there after that!!I was just glad my parents raised me right!!!I was really glad to make her feel at ease!!!

Robin Leigh
03-28-2007, 02:14 PM
I'd shop at your store any day, Countrygirl. :happy:

I'm sure your parents are very proud of you.

:hugs:

Robin