PDA

View Full Version : But for the kindness of strangers

TxKimberly
03-11-2007, 05:04 AM
OMG - tonight was almost THE disaster we all fear. So I went out with several friends tonight. One of them had too much to drink and I gave him a ride home. On the way back to the hotel I was hungry (I had skipped dinner) and so I stopped at Whataburger. The line just wasn't moving, no exaggeration I was in line with four cars in front of me and I'd been there for 20 Minutes. I finally decided this was ridicules and attempted to leave by driving over the curb in my truck. This was when I found out that it was not a small curb, but a curb with a 1 foot drop on the other side. I discovered this when I found my truck high centered, rear wheels spinning, and four cars behind me with honking horns. I recall one person shouting something about stupid red necks and I of course kept my mouth shut as I had just clearly prooven her point for her.
There I am, truck high centered, rear wheel smoking when I tried to back up, when up walks the young man from the truck behind me. Thank God I had a professional makeover a few hours before because he apparently didn't make me. He asked which tire was spinning and I told him I didn't have a clue. Of course at this point I had already tried to get my car loose with no success and was close to tears. He said "No problem" and started jumping on my bumper telling me to try and back it up. This did not work. At this point I was SOOOO scared! He said "No problem sweat heart" and went back to his truck where he got a tow strap, connected his truck and mine, and told me to try and back up with him and "Don't hit my truck". It took several tries, with screaming tires and white smoke every where, but he DID get my car loose. As I remarked on another post, I do not consider myself a sissy but I was definitely close to crying here.
I didn't know what to do. I wanted to hug him and tell him he was my hero, but I also knew the more I interacted with him, the more likely it was he was going to peg me and freak. In the long run, I got to the window and told the clerk that I was buying breakfast for the two cars behind me.
So! I did something stupid and it could have been SOOO bad but for the kindness of a couple of people that went WAY out of their way to help me.
I think I can safely say that I have never been so scared in my life!
Kimberly (The stupid redneck)

MJ
03-11-2007, 05:21 AM
Kimberly
no i would have done the same thing, next time just Waite in line... you got lucky this time i bet you won't do that again. just put this down to experience what not to do. thank god everything turned out OK and all that happened was your pride got hurt.. i am thankful you were not hurt Hun, in a few days you will be OK and can laugh about this... thank god you are safe :love:

hugs marissa
ps now you get to wear the blond wig for a week "grin "

Alaceann
03-11-2007, 05:28 AM
It pays to be patient. I would have waited in line like a good little girl, at least it all turned out alright for you, I'm glad about that.:hugs:

Kate Simmons
03-11-2007, 08:11 AM
Don't worry Kim, we all do bonehead things sometimes(especially us blondes). It seems to have more than assured you are a "girl" anyway. The only thing I would have done differently is I WOULD have hugged him and told him he was my hero and would have dealt with any "flack" later. The point is you got to play the "damsel in distress" and I'll bet that deep down, it was somewhat satisfying from that aspect for you at least. Carry on Miss Kimberly.:hugs: :happy: Sal

Angie G
03-11-2007, 09:28 AM
Kim I don't know about stupid redneck but youe one good looking redneck.
Kim slow down and smell the flowers hun :hugs:
Angie

cindychan
03-11-2007, 09:31 AM
I would have had a heart attack there Kim!

myMichelle
03-11-2007, 09:38 AM
I'm very happy to hear that it all turned out ok...for what it's worth, I bet I'd have done precisely the same thing, whether crossdressed or not! My wife is always telling me that, "You have the patience of a pissant!" Like you, I cannot stand to sit in one spot for prolonged periods of time--heck, who am I kidding? I can't even drive around the block without yelling at someone for something! Had I been there, I'd have been right behind you as you drove over that curb!

Glad it all turned out ok. BTW how's the truck? Hope it didn't sustain any damage.

Michelle

Daintre
03-11-2007, 09:42 AM
Hi Kimberly, I am glad the ending of your "adventure" turned out so well. Yes I agree, you are a very lovely looking girl, you already realize that maybe waiting a bit more patiently was the answer, but you did get to meet some nice guys :happy:

Kate Simmons
03-11-2007, 10:02 AM
Yeah, in regard to patience, most GUYS have none. That seems to be something we can all work on if we want to indeed act more feminine. Patience is indeed a virtue and the GG's have us all beat out hollow in regard to that. Must have something to do with the T-Mones, huh? Try telling that to Salandra though. She'd rather exhaust herself trying to punch her way out of a paper bag than topple it and crawl out. Richard, on the other hand, works smarter and doesn't try to prove anything. I guess you could say I'm kinda backwards. Oh well, that's life sometimes.;) :battingeyelashes: :happy:

marie354
03-11-2007, 10:22 AM
I probably would have to go home for a change of panties after that.

Sharon
03-11-2007, 10:50 AM
I'd make you laugh out loud if I told you some of the dumb things I have done, so you don't need to feel overly embarrassed for just one bout. Thank goodness you had a Prince Vallient to come to your aid and you are a classy broad for buying breakfast.:happy:

Holly
03-11-2007, 11:38 AM
Well, Kim, now you've passed the damsel in distress test. Glad it worked out well for you. Any pictures from that professional makeover?

Kitty Sue
03-11-2007, 01:08 PM
Wow! What a story. I can't wait to get a professional makeover when I leave the army. Good advice on jumping curbs too! You rock woman.!

Brianna Lovely
03-11-2007, 01:58 PM
Mmmm, frustrated skate-board runner?

Seriously, Kim, I'm glad you are ok and didn't have to call a tow truck. Thank goodness for that helpful man behind you.

TxKimberly
03-11-2007, 02:01 PM
Well, the truck is in good shape (thank God). The only damage is a lot of DEEP scratches on the bottom of the frame and on the wishbone part of the suspension. I love my truck and take very good care of her, so knowing the scratches are there bothers me, but I'm gonna get over it. I can't believe I was so dumb. I did look before I did it, but with the lighting at night, it looked like it was only a little 2 inch curb - nothing I would hesitate to drive over in a truck. You just can't imagine the shock I felt when my beautiful truck made such a loud noise as she dropped onto the frame. Sorry truck - I didn't mean to hurt ya'!
If my first post seems a bit emotional it's because I wrote it less than 10 minutes after the "event". Heart still pounding and the phrase "your a dumb shit" still reverberating in my head.

I can't wait to get a professional makeover when I leave the army.
Kitty, I spent 12 years active duty Army and I've got some advice for you. DON'T wait till you get out. I did and now get to think for the rest of my life "You dumb shit, you were young and cute and you wasted it because you were afraid to go out"! So don't wait, you will hate yourself later if you do. Pick a weekend, get away from post, rent a cheap hotel, and go get your makeover.
Sgt Kim . . . err . . .EX Sgt Kim

uknowhoo
03-11-2007, 02:40 PM
Yes ma'am, ex Sgt Kim, ma'am! :p

I can beluieve that you wrote theat account 10 minutes later the fact! My heart was thumping reading it! The hug/hero thingy would've been nice, tho I'm sure I wouldn''ve had the guts to do it either. I'm glad it all worked out okay for ya :hugs:.

xoxo

Tammi

Sierra Evon
03-11-2007, 03:16 PM
What a scare !!!, just glad your okay , your right its nice to know that there is some good folks out there ready to help , I'd be one myself , and I hope someone will do the same for me if ever needed, glad it all worked out for you , very intense moments !!!!!!!! :hugs:

TxKimberly
03-11-2007, 03:26 PM
What a scare !!!, just glad your okay , your right its nice to know that there is some good folks out there ready to help , I'd be one myself , and I hope someone will do the same for me if ever needed, glad it all worked out for you , very intense moments !!!!!!!! :hugs:

On my way home from the hotel today (drab) I saw an older gentleman in a truck have a blow out in front of me. Thinking about the people that helped me last night, I circled around and came back and offered to help him. Turns out it was him and his wife, and they were VERY uncomfortable. I suspect that they might be illegal immigrants. Anyway, he assured me in poor english that he was quite capable of taking care of it by himself and thanked me for the offer. Hey, I offered!
Kim

Tina B.
03-11-2007, 08:24 PM
"No problem sweat heart"

I think I can safely say that I have never been so scared in my life!
Kimberly (The stupid redneck)

No Problem "SWEETHEART" every girls fantasy comes true, now how bad can that be. You passed the real test of fire. And even that scared, you handled yourself in away that you didn't get made. Good going Kim!'
Tina B.

kristytv
03-12-2007, 12:41 AM
kimberly its time for that suspension lift kit you have always wanted ;) my baby has 4 inches of it

Karren H
03-12-2007, 08:57 AM
That's too funny!! Hehe. I could tell you were headed for trouble when you went to Whataburger!!! Those can't be good for your girlish figure, Kim!! If you'd just gone somewhere and gotten a salad or something dietetic.. Lol.

Maybe you need one of those moster trucks with the big tires.. Don't even know if my Ford Ranger FX4/lever II woild get over that curb!! What your really need a cute little red sports car to drive around enfemme in... Then you wouldn't even think of jumping curbs!!

Love Karren

TxKimberly
03-12-2007, 11:07 AM
All good recomendations Karen, all good recommendations! So the moral of the story is had I stuck to my diet and gone for a salad, all this trouble could have been avoided! LOL
Kim

That's too funny!! Hehe. I could tell you were headed for trouble when you went to Whataburger!!! Those can't be good for your girlish figure, Kim!! If you'd just gone somewhere and gotten a salad or something dietetic.. Lol.

Maybe you need one of those moster trucks with the big tires.. Don't even know if my Ford Ranger FX4/lever II woild get over that curb!! What your really need a cute little red sports car to drive around enfemme in... Then you wouldn't even think of jumping curbs!!

Love Karren

Ann lee
03-20-2007, 10:59 PM
It was my first Halloween out dressed!!! My hair was on done in ringlets and pulled up, 3in heels, black nylons, black short lacey dress. And to picture my truck (84 ford f150 4 inces of lift, 36x12.50 tires, push bar from h__L, standard, and straight piped!!!)

I'd just left a gas station and was headed to the bar for a costume contest!!! i was coming up on a light and it changed to yellow well i was close enough I goosed it? Fine at first but then aceleration died and the truck went to an idle? I pulled over (main street) popped my hood and got out? crawling up over my push bar trying not to show everyone what i have taking my breather off? The first car didn't stop just honked and hollored nice a__!! I sat up and made sure to pull my dress down at least a little and another car pulls over a couple of guys get out and start walking over asking if they could help? I said feminly as possible no but thanks my throtle linkage poped off!!! they started joking saying "ooohh a woman with her boyfriends truck and she broke it"?

I said no in my regular voice and steped down asked if they had a problem and got a funny look? I said yes i'm a guy and this is my truck!!! then one of them said cool and told his buddy lets go ahead and go?

I shut my hood and left!! Went to the party and won second place!!!! I'll tell you what at that moment of truth my heart was beating a thousand miles a minute and was sweating so bad thank god i had secret on!!!

Randylynn

noname
03-20-2007, 11:56 PM
I think these stories just go to show how life for a GG can be. I can just imagine all the freebies a GG can get with a little flirting. Though I'd say the kind of guys who do that kind of stuff aren't exactly cream of the crop. The down side of such help is guys wanting to do more than just help.

Lovely Rita
03-22-2007, 10:17 AM
Wow, what an ordeal. I am glad you finally got out of that one.