PDA

View Full Version : Is this cd bi/curios, bi or gay?

PrettyFlowingGown
03-11-2007, 05:37 AM
I've been dressing for years, since I was 6. I'm now 34. I started seriously around 20 and started buying my clothes when I was about 25. I moved out of home late in life and came up to queensland, australia to lead a more free private life where I could dress all the time and be myself.
I've gotten very used to my new lifestyle and I've got cd friends nearby. I wear my dresses everyday to relax after work, wear my nightgowns at night and am very woman when I need to relax and keep my anxiety at bay.
My wardrobe is getting bigger with my womens wear, lots of dresses, evening gowns and skirts.
I'm very comfortable, but my next step is going out in mainstream. I'm shaving now and would love to go out in public. I think I'm ready.....
I have a wig on laybuy and will be mine soon to wear.
Just a personal thing......I've had gay/bi flings over the years but recently I've questioned this. I dont find men attractive but do find cds attractive when sex is involved. I love women, sure, but find it lately that dressing and being with another cd takes on a whole new meaning. Am I bi/curios. Bi or Gay.
Its just that, when I'm dressed.....I am woman, and seem to love all the things women like. Any advice?

Laura Jane
03-11-2007, 06:51 AM
Am I bi/curios. Bi or Gay.
Its just that, when I'm dressed.....I am woman, and seem to love all the things women like. Any advice?

Well, until you have made your mind up what does it for you, ie men (gay), women (hetrosexual) or both (bisexual), you are bi-curious.

Kate Simmons
03-11-2007, 07:35 AM
I agree with Laura Jane even though I prefer not to use any labels for myself. I'm myself and I know who I am. Once you begin going out, you will need to get in touch with your own feelings and then you will know where you stand in reference to relationships and romance. It sounds like you are doing well. Good luck, my friend.:happy: Sal

tvbeckytv
03-11-2007, 07:54 AM
sexuality can be fluid throughout life.
why dont you just consider yourself socially liberal, and do as makes you happy at the time...it dosnt have to define you for the rest of your life

horice 3
03-11-2007, 09:25 AM
I think that there are many variations on sexuality and applying labels to oneself is often because of social stereotypes. Some of the ladies on this site are just as beautiful as many genetic ladies and therefore it is natural to be attracted, so why try to put yourself in a neatly defined box, why not just enjoy being you?

Daintre
03-11-2007, 09:45 AM
When you label yourself, you also pigeonhole yourself. I like to approach life with no labels, then everything becomes available.

Wenda
03-11-2007, 10:01 AM
I have joked whether or not being with a woman when dressed suggests they or I have lesbian tendancies, but, as the others have said, I wouldn't worry too much to label myself. Explore the directions that are interesting, comforatble, safe and rewarding for you. No matter what label you think you are, others will label you in their own minds, no matter what. All the best, w.

Tina Dixon
03-11-2007, 11:03 AM
This is funny in a fun way, I have the hots for good looking ladies, check the picture gallerys here, there some sexy dressed ladies there, like wow:eek: , but we know whats under those skirts and I don't want that, I think it's all in the look that excites us.

Shelly R
03-11-2007, 12:45 PM
It's not a label you should be looking for! It's about being comfortable with yourself and your sexuality. Doing what you enjoy and what makes you happy. Far better thing in the long run.

Kitty Sue
03-11-2007, 01:02 PM
Hi try not to get to hung up on labels. For years I too wanted to put myself in a box saying I was straight (don't think so), gay or bi. I am now 35 and consider myself bisexual. Like you I do not find the average gay man attractive unless I am at least dressed. Labels are nice but try not to get to caught up in them. Whatever you decide is up to you. Remember you do not have to decide right this minute. Take your time, be safe and have fun.

Amy07
03-11-2007, 02:38 PM
Agree with most all the posts! Labels are artificial classifications by people who don't think things through very well. Read the posts in this forum, and you'll find that very few fit into some category. Enjoy!

Tina B.
03-11-2007, 07:55 PM
Don't bother to label yourself, the world will do that for you! Just keep looking for what makes you feel you have found your place in that world!
Tina B.

Vicky_Scot
03-12-2007, 06:16 AM
Sexuality and Gender are two different issues.

You are bi-sexual if you have sex with men and woman and that is what you do so you are bi-sexual.

Because the man crossdresses it makes no difference, underneath the clothing and makeup they are still a man.

When I dress I regard myself in my femme mode but that does not change my sexuality. I am only attracted to woman sexually in male mode and when dressed this stays the same.

Gender does not determine your sexuality. I believe that if you did not dress yourself PrettyFlowingGown you would still be sexually attracted to men who dress.

tvbeckytv
03-12-2007, 08:06 AM
Sexuality and Gender are two different issues.

You are bi-sexual if you have sex with men and woman and that is what you do so you are bi-sexual.

Because the man crossdresses it makes no difference, underneath the clothing and makeup they are still a man.

When I dress I regard myself in my femme mode but that does not change my sexuality. I am only attracted to woman sexually in male mode and when dressed this stays the same.

Gender does not determine your sexuality. I believe that if you did not dress yourself PrettyFlowingGown you would still be sexually attracted to men who dress.

very little of this that i agree with.
gender and sexuality are indeed different ... but it is not correct, im my opinion, to say that they are isolated from each other. Gender can influence charactor and personalility in many ways, and that can include what kind of relationships people want.
If i take your words literally, then you dont not accept the concept of transsexuality.
I dont think it is for anyone other than the person concerned to define their sexuality, should they so wish. I am fine for a man who is attracted to preop transsexuals to consider himself straight, if it is the persons gender he is attracted to rather than biological sex. Likewise if a male with female gender is attracted to men only, then they have every right to consider themselves straight.
My advise to anybody would be that only you know what is in your mind, and only you have the ability to define what you are. Others will have their own opinions, but for goodness sake, dont give their mindset a second thought.

Casey Morgan
03-12-2007, 08:45 AM
Hi, and welcome to the site.

I'm not sure how to label your sexuality, but then I don't know how to label mine either. Right now I say mine is "heterosexual, but define 'woman'". The "spiritual" attraction is more important than the body parts involved. (I believe this is called gender attraction, but I'm not certain of that.) That fine shading of "heterosexual" isn't important to me. If it isn't important to you, I'd say don't worry about it, just enjoy being with the people you enjoy being with.

Dawntv
03-12-2007, 08:54 AM
I've always been attracted to pretty girls but the more i get into this lifestyle the more i find my self having fantasies of being with another"gurl" I'm not attracted to men but if that man happens to look like a beautifull woman some how it changes things for me any way. can't speak for anyone else.

Shadeauxmarie
03-12-2007, 10:29 AM
I used to have a girlfirend who was bi-sexual. Every time I mentioned sex, she said Bye!

MsJanessa
03-12-2007, 11:45 AM
Hmm--let Me see--you aren't attracted to guys as guys but are attracted to both T-Girls and women---well then maybe you should just have sex with T-Girls and GGs

Hali
03-12-2007, 03:44 PM
Hi girl let me just go straight to the point , it starts by feeling completely like a female, then liking what they like e.g. MEN first as FRIENDS and receiving complements, then believe it or not men might start appearing in your dreams,then uncontrollable feeling when you are with a guy you find attractive and this might only happen when you are in DRAG.

Bev06 GG
03-12-2007, 04:12 PM
When you label yourself, you also pigeonhole yourself. I like to approach life with no labels, then everything becomes available.

Good job the supermarkets dont agree or shopping would be pure guess work hey.
Bev

Wendi0012
03-12-2007, 04:20 PM
My opion is that sex between two adults is true love at it's best. Don't question it just enjoy it!!!:love:

Rachel75
03-22-2007, 01:34 PM
I too have become a bit confused by this recently. I've always been into women and have never had any sort of gay fantasies while I am in guy mode, but the deeper I get into crossdressing, especally I see pictures of certain other t-girls, I definitely have certain fantasies about serious makeout sessions with them knowing full well they are guys. I've never been out dressed, but if I did and if the oppportunity persented itself where I was being hit on by a guy, I don't know that I'd try to stop it. I would never go as far as the point of a sexual encounter with another guy, but I would probably let things get to a certain point. The way I look at it, I've already crossed several traditional "boundries" by being a crossdresser, so the traditional boundries, at least for me are already blurred. I don't try to label them anymore, I just let them happen and try not to think about them in terms of what they are called.

Karren H
03-22-2007, 02:12 PM
Well seems to be a lot of pussyfooting going on (pun intended) and I could care less about labels but by definition if you've had sexual relations (aka flings) with others of the same sex (no matter how their dressed) and you like those of the opposite sex too, doesn't that mean your bi-sexual?? The curious part is more like I wonder what it would be like.... After you've found out what its like you shouldn't be curious any more.. I'm certantly not curious... Except about what the TMI was!! Hehe

I don't know, can you take it back after the fact?? Once the horses are out of the barn so to speak... Lol. Bad example... Kind of like saying I was a crossdresser buy now I'm not? Anymore... I think... Maybe... I hope... Hehe.

Maybe you could make up your own term for it.... Bi-trans-lesbian-hetero-metro-sexual crossdresser... That about covers the gamet... You don't do any trans species stuf I hope?? If you do I do NOT want to hear about it!! Lol

Karren

jking90
03-22-2007, 02:22 PM
well, you could say "i was bi-sexual but now i'm not" if you no longer find the same/opposite sex attractive, or did it a couple times as a curiousity.

the defining things for males is a penis; women, a vagina. yes, most women have breasts and most men do not, but that's secondary.

me? i only want(ed) to be with women, and married, have no desires to be with anyone other than my wife.

if i *wasn't* married - well, a man crossdressed does nothing for me. the only thing that would is if they were dressed in something i wanted to wear / some situation i wanted to be in - but then i wouldn't be interested in them, but in 'being' them.

unless they were with another man, of course. ha ha.

Eva Diva
03-22-2007, 02:35 PM
I've always been attracted to pretty girls but the more i get into this lifestyle the more i find my self having fantasies of being with another"gurl" I'm not attracted to men but if that man happens to look like a beautifull woman some how it changes things for me any way. can't speak for anyone else.

Sounds a lot like me :kissing: I have no interest in guys, and I've been happily straight all my life, but once I started dressing, other CDs - more attractive than me - really appeal to me now. I have no illusions that it's not a girl I'm looking at, but the feminizing effect can really work for me, and really turn me on. I haven't done anything about it, but let's just say it enters my mind occasionally :blushing:

Wendy me
03-22-2007, 04:55 PM
it sounds like when ever we see this type of thread come along the person more often than not knows the answer to the question .... but needs some sort of confirmation that it's OK to be who they are...that they are OK .... relay silly if you ask me .... in todays age if your not breaking any laws ,... and no one is getting hurt it's pretty much ok....

Ronnie
03-22-2007, 09:37 PM
I just say do what you feel is right for you. I consider myself Bisexual because I like women and men only if they are dressed. I felt it was right for me. I only wish I found out more of this earlier in life.

But hey, Do right by yourself and do what you feel is good for you.

:D
Ronnie

XDW Nathan-Natasha
03-23-2007, 01:57 AM
I don't know if I can really help you on the whole figuring out if you are straight, bi, gay sort of thing but I can kinda share what I've experienced on that note. I went through a pretty long period of time wondering if I was gay or bi or whatever because of my cross-dressing. I mean, I was never really attracted to guys - and I guess I'm still not really, but I can relate to the attraction to other cross-dressers. I really don't think of that as making me gay or bi because I am not typically attracted to men, I identify myself as straight with a couple of bent edges maybe. Like %99.8 straight as I said on another board. Maybe your the same way.
I wouldn't make a whole lifestyle shift into one or the other or the other until you are pretty sure you know what you are. That could be something you'd regret later. But do what feels right to you.