PDA

View Full Version : Braver in numbers?

cindychan
03-11-2007, 09:28 AM
I've always did my shopping alone or with my sister and ex on occasion. I was wondering if it's easier to shop with other CDs around or if it just makes a big spectical out of everything. What are some of your experiences?

LindaTS
03-11-2007, 09:59 AM
I wish I had an answer for you Cindy but I always shop alone. It would be great if I could find another woman fairly close to me for this kind of thing.

Jocelyn Quivers
03-11-2007, 10:00 AM
From my personal experiences the only shopping I have ever done has been with my wife or sister while in drab. It's easy for me because I just blend in and play it off like the bored miserable husband who's been dragged along with his wife for clothes shopping:D Jocelyn

Wenda
03-11-2007, 10:22 AM
I shop alone en drab, or with my GF, also when en drab. I do try some items on, but other times, my GF lets the attendants believe that they are for her. We can share bras, which helps. Shoes? nope, hers are 8 and mine are 12. She found some awesome classic red 4" stilletos, and sent me across town to check them out. They were gorgeous, and cheap, but only up to 11, and I just couldn't squeeze into them.

myMichelle
03-11-2007, 10:23 AM
I have found that--especially if I am shopping enfemme--it is always nice to have a friend there. If nothing else, it just gives you someone to talk to; It provides you a distraction from feeling so self-conscious about your appearance. But, sometimes, we all have to shop alone. In those instances, just relax, take deep breaths, and remind yourself that it's going to be alright. Hang in there!

marie354
03-11-2007, 10:32 AM
I'm totally relaxed when I'm in the ladies department when I'm with my SO, but when I'm by myself... I get a bit nervous at first. After a while of browsing I seem to relax a bit, but then I get a bit nervous at the checkout again.

I've never shopped with another CD, but I think I'd enjoy that.

Eugenie
03-11-2007, 11:58 AM
Iv' never shopped "en femme", but I think it would be easier while being with another woman, GG or CD.

I've shopped in drab with a GG friend and that was a great feeling : it made me feel like two girlfriends shoping together al be it that I was not dressed.

I've also shopped alone in drab without problem though. I even tried some femme clothe in the shops and no questions were asked...
:hugs:
Eugenie

Sally24
03-11-2007, 12:12 PM
I almost always shop en femme now because I usually try everything on to check for fit. Sometimes by myself, sometimes with my wife. I haven't gone shopping with any of my T-girl friends as yet. Why do you think it would cause any kind of scene? Many gurls either pass or at least blend well. Just don't wear mini skirts and other fetish wear to the mall! I find shopping with another woman or gurl makes it much more fun. We can discuss and compare things and generally I get alot more out of the experience as well as making better clothing selections.

Sally

btmgrl6
03-11-2007, 12:17 PM
It's a lot more fun to have a friend with you....I only shop when I am by myself...or with somebody else. If you were with a group of cd'ers and it did cause a specticle........so what? :heehee: I think it would be great fun!

Shelly R
03-11-2007, 12:23 PM
I really prefer to shop with my SO (she and I used to have fun) or or other GG's and friends. We always have fun going through the racks together, trying on what looks good, suggesting clothes for each other, and having fun! The personal exchange and bonding is wonderful. Shopping by myself has to be done though, but not as much fun. I have shopped with other CD's if they are up to the challenge, this was fun too. There is emotional comfort in numbers!

Gina_darling
03-11-2007, 12:26 PM
I shop alone in drab. I was hoping to tell someone and then have a shopping partner which would be really great but sadly the opinions I got when testing the water were so negative that I fled for the hills :(

On a plus note I shall meet some other 'girls' next month :D

EricaCD
03-11-2007, 12:49 PM
Passability and apathy move in inverse lockstep as a direct function of the number of CDs present. For each CD you add to any public activity, you increase the likelihood that you all will be recognized as CDs. You also decrease the likelihood that any of you will care about it!

Erica

TxKimberly
03-11-2007, 02:12 PM
OK,

I know that subject line is going to make someone mad but I'm just quoting someone else I read a long time ago. There's good news and bad news to shopping with other CDs. The good news is, it IS more fun and you may feel safer with others. It does give me confidence anyway.
The bad news is, you will never pass in a herd or group. Where people might look at you and think "hmm, that MIGHT be a man" I promise you if they see several cross dressers together the evidence adds up and they KNOW your a boy.
Now if you want to improve your chances of passing, it helps to have a GG with you!
Kim

I've always did my shopping alone or with my sister and ex on occasion. I was wondering if it's easier to shop with other CDs around or if it just makes a big spectical out of everything. What are some of your experiences?

JoAnnDallas
03-12-2007, 10:03 AM
The only time I have gone shopping en fem was back at HEF2006 last year. Two of the girls were going shopping and they asked if I would like to go with them. I got my courage up and went with them. I soon discovered I was having a great time. But since then, I have not gone shopping en fem by myself. I guess being with others really helped, but for some reason, I am having a hard time shopping by myself. Guess numbers do help.

cindychan
03-12-2007, 10:06 AM
Thanks for your responses. I'm just tempted to find some CD's to shop with, who cares if they "spot the herd", it would be fun. Now all I need is some girls to shop with....

Texasgurl
03-12-2007, 10:11 AM
I bought my first pair of heels this weekend. I was alone and terrified.

loki_uk
03-12-2007, 10:13 AM
It's the changing rooms that cause the bother

I can handle browsing through all the womens clothes, after all if you don't look worried it just looks like hubby has been left alone to do the shopping but I get rather embarrassed in bloke mode going to the blokes changing room and having to deal with any attendants

It would be less embarrassing in a way to go to the ladies changing rooms even if I wasn't dressed up but I daren't do it lest I cause a scene

Lovely Rita
03-23-2007, 02:20 PM
I would think so. Numbers always helps.

Marcie Sexton
03-23-2007, 02:31 PM
My shopping has been done in the company of my wife

Eva Diva
03-23-2007, 03:26 PM
I shop alone. It didn't take long for me to get comfortable looking at dresses on the rack and pulling them out for a closer look. It might be different in a strictly women's shop. I do spend time in front of the make-up displays. I'm seduced enough buy the whole thing that the nervousness wore off pretty quick. I just think about what it will feel like putting it on and I lose all interest in what strangers think.

Katrina
03-23-2007, 03:38 PM
...The bad news is, you will never pass in a herd or group. Where people might look at you and think "hmm, that MIGHT be a man" I promise you if they see several cross dressers together the evidence adds up and they KNOW your a boy...

You know, I was just thinking about this yesterday. When I went to a local meeting, we went out for drinks afterwards. I think one girl passed very well, but others were either borderline (me included) or men in dresses (I hope not me!) and we all got clocked/read when we entered the restaurant by some relatively young boisterous crowd. There is safety in numbers, but your chances of passing disappear in larger groups.

Karren H
03-23-2007, 05:10 PM
I fly solo.... Karren against the world... and I enjoy it that way... others would just slow me down!! hehe

Karren

cindychan
03-23-2007, 05:46 PM
I was watching the movie Iron Ladies last night. It's comedy about a team of championship volleyball players that consists of crossdressers, a tansexual, gay men, one straight guy, and a lesbian coach. I'ts based off a true story of the real life Iron ladies team back in the 1990's. Anyway in alot of scenes where the characters are grouped they draw alot of attention as opposed to single charater scenes, where people give them minimal or no attention. Point is that numbers can make you brave but at the same time draw vast amounts of attention! Is that a fair trade off? Oh and try to catch that movie, I ordered it on netflix and was delighted.

Wendi {LI NY}
03-23-2007, 11:46 PM
I have shop with my best friend Rochelle and we always had a ball! I guess we are two girls out for a little fun. I also shop with my wife and love the special bonding we do !:D