PDA

View Full Version : Hair styles

LauraLeigh
02-10-2005, 03:46 PM
Hi girls..Being a newbie makes me fraught with questions and believe me I have 1000's..but one I'd like opinions on is hair style. How did everyone decide on that particlular look? I find that as I get older (50's now) that I tent to observe GG in my age bracket and see how their styles suit them..I know that I would love to have some runway model look by it just doesn't seem to suit. Doen anyone have their own hair as opposed to a wig? I would be interested to know. Thanks everyone for being patient with me...love to you all XXXX LL

Sharon
02-10-2005, 04:01 PM
Trial and error, and I still change wigs constantly.

Jamie Renae
02-10-2005, 04:08 PM
I have gone through many wigs to get to where I am today. I have settled on a variety of styles, dependinng on the season. I came to this conclusion by taking many photos. Since my camera is very honest, I was abe to see the wrong styles quickly. My web site has a history in photos, so that you can see the changes I went through. I also have had the good fortune of having several Genuine Women help me when I did it wrong.
I am getting ready to see my 60th birthday this year, but Jamie doesnt look anywhere close to that. Take a look at some of my pics and you can see the differences. I have recently found that a more auburn color is much more complimentary. I have also started to wear hair that is straighter and about shoulder length. I will get mt shorter hair out for the warmer weather.
I would suggest finding a quality wig shop and have thenm help you select a style. Be careful though, some Sisters and saleswomen may not be as accurate as they need to be. I have found that trying on wigs in Boy mode is not productive. Borrow a wig, or buy a cheap one and go to the shop in full girl mode. Most shops I have been to have been very easy to work with as well as understanding.
If your hailine is NOT receeding you might get away with your own hair, but wigs are so much fun!!
I hope this helps,
Jamie Renae

Inredsatin
02-10-2005, 04:16 PM
Laura,
I have just come out of the closet 2 weeks ago and had the good fortune to have my GG to help me get a wig. She went to a wig store and looked at the styles and actually bought me two.. the one in the pic shown and one that she is having made for me. The thing i will say most is dont scrimp on the wig as you can see a cheap one a mile off.
Best of luck
Brenda

Priscilla1018
02-10-2005, 04:36 PM
Hi Laura,

I just came out to my wife this week ,went over quite well. I also bought my first wig the same day on EBay. I am also in the process of growing my hair out it is now twice as long as it was before, about 3/16 ths of an inch long. When my wife and I first met my hair was halfway down my back, and with the full beard, I was told I looked rather biblical, mostly Old Testamentish.
Since I am 55 now I will have to see which looks better.

Love,
Priscilla

Danielle1960
02-10-2005, 05:22 PM
My question about wigs would be how is one secured that it could get wet and not look like a wig or at the beach and someone wants to go swimming.
Just wondering on that one. :confused:

Vickie-CD
02-10-2005, 06:05 PM
Wigs are fun, go to the wig store in dress and try them on, you can see instantly how you look in different styles.(you see instantly how expensive some of them are also!!).
Have Fun,
Vickie

LauraLeigh
02-10-2005, 06:21 PM
thank you all for the great ideas...Jamie..60? no way girl...you look fabulous. XXXX LL

Holly
02-10-2005, 09:37 PM
It's a wig for me :( ... wish it could be my own. Father time and mother nature have other plans.

Wendy me
02-10-2005, 09:42 PM
right now my own hair growing longer.........once half way down my back......now shoulder lenth

Chrissycd
02-10-2005, 09:53 PM
my hair grow out about two years ago. It was very short when I started, so it's finally reaching my shoulders now. I don't know very much at all about styling it or anything of the sort, yet. I've just let it grow. When I wear it down, it is a wonderful feeling, and I'm just lucky to have a full head of it with a little extra body, but when I'm at work, I wear it in a ponytail. Wish I knew more, too. We missed out on the teenie age when girls experiment and figure it all out. Now, we just have to figure it out on our own much of the time. Just make sure to get the ends cut every so often, and use conditioner etc., of course. Good luck.
Chrissy

Vickie-CD
02-11-2005, 05:52 AM
My hair is long enough(a little past my nipples), but I have a bad hair day everyday!!
Sometimes I do go out with my real hair after spending a lot of time getting it right, But wigs are just so fast & easy. Maybe I'm just lazy??
Love you All,
Vickie

AnnaMaria
02-11-2005, 08:39 AM
I have ny own hair. It has been growing for about 2.5 yrs and it is past my shoulders. After I told my wife about eerything I decided that it was time to start working on a style that would allow me to wear my hair in either a femme style or a drab style and still have long hair. To my good fortune my wife has been going to the same stylist for her entire life and trusts him completely so I went to him.

The first trip I got a color and cut. On the next trip I plan to have my roots done and have him help me with a style that will work all around. The only problem with it is that I have extremely curly hair so I have to be careful what I do to it. He told me that I shouldn't use any shampoo or conditioner that has protien in it because that will only make my hair more frizzzy than it already it due to the fact that what causes curly hair in the first place it too mush protien in the hair. So I use stuff that he recommended and I have noticed a huge difference in my hair already.

You should really try to find a shop that you can go to that will help you with the style and cut if you plan to let your hair grow out.

hope this helps.

huggs
anna

Vickie-CD
02-11-2005, 09:45 AM
Jamie, I am 49, if your about to turn 60 and look like that, I've just lost my fear of ageing!!! You do look absolutely wonderful.
Love,
Vickie

Vickie-CD
02-11-2005, 09:49 AM
My question about wigs would be how is one secured that it could get wet and not look like a wig or at the beach and someone wants to go swimming.
Just wondering on that one. :confused:
Oh Danielle, that would be so funny to see someones wig floating in a pool or in the ocean, talk about embaressing!!!!!!
Love,
Vickie :)