PDA

View Full Version : A CD's Revolution

michelleupnorth
03-11-2007, 06:04 PM
Let’s start a revolution. Let us girls pick a day in the future and all go out in public on the same day. I figure that with so many of us coming out at the same time people will talk for sure and if the press gets a hold of it maybe, just maybe the general public will be a little more understanding of us and we won’t need to feel trapped in our homes. We need to educate people and how do we do that? Maybe some day it will be a normal thing to see men dressed as woman in public

newtothis8767
03-11-2007, 06:06 PM
I think that would be a great idea just it would be hard for some of us to work up the curage to do so but good thought

michelleupnorth
03-11-2007, 06:09 PM
I think that would be a great idea just it would be hard for some of us to work up the curage to do so but good thought

The power is in the numbers. If we see others like us and that support us we will be one. Maybe we could set a new world record

Tamera
03-11-2007, 06:16 PM
Good idea!!!
And if there are any CD's who don't feel like dressing in fem they can still come with the ones that will be in fem. That will give them more confidence.
Have to be a Sat or Sun. It can be a shopping outing, a park outing, a restaurant outing, just to name a few. I'm game in the Toledo area!!!!
Love,
Tamera

newtothis8767
03-11-2007, 06:21 PM
the only hard thing is some how we would have to reach every one on a national or global scale but we shouldent just do CDers how bout Male to females um Preoperation And Post Op casual Cders and full time Cders female impersanaters Ext..................

Tamera
03-11-2007, 06:24 PM
Hi newtothis,
I like your idea but I would like to start out small and get the CD's out. Then I would like to take your suggestion. That is a good way to learn about each other.
Love,
Tamera

Toyah
03-11-2007, 06:24 PM
Sorry but I went out on my own on Saturday it was truly scary and not for me

Tamera
03-11-2007, 06:27 PM
Hi Toyah,
I went out to Friday by myself. Went JC Penny's bought a purse and a top. And I went to Kohls and bought some makeup. Maybe if you went with someone (either in fem or male mode) it would help with your cofidence.
Love,
Tamera

Toyah
03-11-2007, 06:33 PM
Hi Toyah,
I went out to Friday by myself. Went JC Penny's bought a purse and a top. And I went to Kohls and bought some makeup. Maybe if you went with someone (either in fem or male mode) it would help with your cofidence.
Love,
Tamera
I guess it may do but I live in the CD backwarters hun would definatly be in serious trouble in the daytime

marie354
03-11-2007, 06:46 PM
One of the best places to do this would be Washington D.C. It would sure get a lot of press there, especially a parade on Pennsylvania Ave.

Tamera
03-11-2007, 08:19 PM
Toyah,
To bad I don't live near ya. We would definetely paint the town. Besides if you don't mind me askin', where do ya live?
Love,
Tamera

Sweet Susan
03-11-2007, 08:24 PM
I think this idea would have about as much of an effect on the media as ten dolphins doing a back flip. No, not football Dolphins, real dolphins.

Tamera
03-11-2007, 08:30 PM
Forget about the politics. Just go out and have fun.
Love,
Tamera

marie354
03-11-2007, 09:45 PM
Hey... Gay's marched until they got what they wanted. They are even working for same-sex marriages now.

Maybe it's time we did some marching.

Karren H
03-11-2007, 10:12 PM
I'm busy that day.... most likely out shopping enfemme at the mall....

:D

Love Karren

marie354
03-11-2007, 10:24 PM
I'm busy that day.... most likely out shopping enfemme at the mall....

Love Karren

Karren... You are always out at the malls... I think that you are one of our best representatives! You'd be there in spirit, I'm sure.

trannie T
03-11-2007, 10:27 PM
How about October 31?

Alice B
03-11-2007, 10:36 PM
I like the idea and I like October. One of the few time in the future that I might be able to pull it off. The problem is that we are so spread out that most of us would be going solo and if it is the first time out it would be very difficult.:happy:

michelleupnorth
03-11-2007, 10:59 PM
I like the idea and I like October. One of the few time in the future that I might be able to pull it off. The problem is that we are so spread out that most of us would be going solo and if it is the first time out it would be very difficult.:happy:

A gathering place is required. I'm in Canada and we could come out in Toronto and Vancouver,
The United States could do a similar thing Seattle and Washington or somewhere warmer, you girls are so lucky. October sounds good but in the land of cold I'll be wearing slacks.
Europe could do the same.....

michellebesweet
03-11-2007, 11:14 PM
Sounds like the right place to have a CD DAY.

MJ
03-11-2007, 11:23 PM
I guess it may do but I live in the CD backwarters hun would definatly be in serious trouble in the daytime

Toyah.. you should come up here i will take you to Toronto , there you will meet many friends from CD.com and we all can paint the town pink :D

Joy Carter
03-11-2007, 11:24 PM
"The road to success is paved with bodies" That may not be exact but it does say what may/will happen to those who venture out first. Just to many of us can't take a chance on being publicly exposed. And you know the press will be working hard to expose as many of us as they can. Who's first ?

rhonda jane
03-11-2007, 11:41 PM
Oct. 31 is about the safest day to go out en femme. If ANYONE says anything about you & your outfit, you can always say that it is just a Halloween prank. Even if they don't say anything, they will probably think it's a Halloween costume. And it's a beginning into getting people to see you en femme.

Shelly R
03-11-2007, 11:48 PM
Does any of you have a Gay Pride Month where you live? Is there any Gay marches happening at that time? This may sound a little wierd but try getting anyone that is "T" oriented to march that day under the TG or CD flag.
June is the Gay Pride month in the bay area, there is marches in San Jose, and San Francisco. I will be at both marches, along with other ladies I know, all of them "T's" of some type. As many of the "t" and CD's we can get will march under the TG flag. These ladys will come from the many LGBTQ, clubs and organizations in the bay area.
It is a place to start.

Alice Torn
03-11-2007, 11:53 PM
I can see there may be tolerance, coming, in North America, and Europe, but, not, in Islamic countries. Beheading may well be the end of cd's. there.And embarrassment, mistreatment, in many places, in every country, now, yet. But, certain cities are safer, as many of you know. I have been out, on four occasions, and did experience some embarrassing moments. My wig, was too small, and did not help.

Tamera
03-12-2007, 01:47 AM
Lucille Tall,
This idea definetely does not want to cause anyone bodily harm. But for the ones that can go out, whether in singular, in groups, or in drab with fem in would be a good idea.
We cannot plan this in like 30-60 days for it takes time to get all the groups coordinated.
October is a good project point. I would pick September because of the weather but that is just a thought.
Lets forget about the politics. And as long as certain areas (countries) can do this without bodily harm, lets do it.
We can start like 9a on a Sat and go till like 2a on a Sunday.
Stop thinking negative and lets think positive. DO IT! DO IT! DO IT!
Love,
Tamera

noname
03-12-2007, 03:17 AM
Great idea, but I think it has some flaws. Mostly I think in the numbers issue, and chances are someone would get assulted by some idiot. But....

How about this,

Let's take note from other groups that don't have large numbers and want to make a statement. Take for instance the group of women that go to malls and stage public breast feeding ( I won't offer my views on that here ) Something along these lines would likly gain much more traction and media coverage. Obviously this would need to be organized and have some guide lines. I believe it would be very affective as well. I'm not certain how many members this site has, enough to organzie something like this?

Kate Simmons
03-12-2007, 05:04 AM
Okey dokey, have fun. Let me know how things go. Not trying to be a "wet blanket" but just where was all this enthusiasm when some of us were out there swinging our hips alone for years? The idea is good but the premise is questionable. This kind of scenerio seems to be a no win situation in my opinion. Do a national or group thing and you tend to achieve the opposite results you desire. The normal goal that most state is to be able to "pass" or blend in. How do you blend in when you stick out like a sore thumb? You have to decide if you want exposure or anonymity and believe me , you would be exposed with something like that. Some of us are ready to deal with and live with that as we really do not care but most are not ready for any possible repercussions in regard to job, family, etc. It's a conundrum. We want to be recognized but are afraid to be.:happy:

DawnL
03-12-2007, 05:21 AM
I have to admit it sounds like a great idea. I'm not sure if I want the phone call saying "dad, was that you on TV last night?"

battybattybats
03-12-2007, 05:49 AM
I think the idea is to reduce the repercussions.. which can only be done by raising sympathetic awareness. Considering the violence against trans people and the high suicide rate, while I do understand the desire by some just to pass and get away with it, I think that it really is important to get social attitudes to start to change.

Karren H
03-12-2007, 06:32 AM
Karren... You are always out at the malls... I think that you are one of our best representatives! You'd be there in spirit, I'm sure.

Maybe I can make it... let me get my people get intouch with your people...

Love Karren

Tamera
03-12-2007, 08:32 AM
This outing might not be for everybody, and I'm sure there would be those who would not participate for one reason or another, AND THATS OK!!!!

But on the other hand for the ones that would participate, it would be a good time and could turn into some good friendships.

And regarding the media, (if they would even care). If you don't want to talk to them DON"T. There is to many more serious things going on in the world then to bother with us.

On the other hand maybe one of us will get introduced to a SCOUT looking for an ACTRESS for a TV show or a BIG SCREEN MOVIE and make a LOTS AND LOTS OF MONEY$$$$$$.

Love,
Tamera

LindaTS
03-12-2007, 08:50 AM
It would be me against about 1200 other people here in this little village in New York. Oh well, I take that chance every time I leave the house. I do enjoy it when I do go out but it always costs me money because I love to shop.

ChantelleCD
03-12-2007, 09:04 AM
I think its a great idea, but for you to pull anything off it must be on a very very grand scale. not just 10 CDers walking about a shoping centre. Id join you all if I wasnt so far away :D

Tamera
03-12-2007, 09:35 AM
ChantelleCD,
Your right and since this would not take effect until late this year gives us plenty of time to prepare.
We would need so called TEAM COORDINATORS in different areas to get this started.
Those coordinators could start a thread saying something to the effect of;

Global CD outing planned, those interested in Dallas TX area e-mail XXXXX.

For instance.
Love,
Tamera

michelleupnorth
03-12-2007, 11:14 AM
ChantelleCD,
Your right and since this would not take effect until late this year gives us plenty of time to prepare.
We would need so called TEAM COORDINATORS in different areas to get this started.
Those coordinators could start a thread saying something to the effect of;

Global CD outing planned, those interested in Dallas TX area e-mail XXXXX.

For instance.
Love,
Tamera

Pick me for Eastern Canada The big question will be how many of us are willing to walk in heels at the same time

Tamera
03-12-2007, 02:32 PM
Michelleupnorth,
You have basically picked yourself for this. With your attitude it will definetely be a plus.
I'll take anything in about a 100-120 mile radius of Toledo O.

Need more takers.
Love,
Tamera

Sierra Evon
03-12-2007, 03:01 PM
Sound like a great Idea to me too, any day fine with me , my schedule is wide open !!!!!!!! :heehee:

noname
03-12-2007, 04:31 PM
This is definately going to need some organization. Obviously for those that wish to pass or remain the closet, this is not for them. This is about creating awareness. I don't think we're going to get much traction laying low, if were going to break the chains of society, it's going to require standing up.

As for numbers, I don't think were going to get a mass scale of 1000's and that would require money and logistics. Though we should be able to get a decent amout of people in any major city.

I know this issue has been asked before, but for various reasons it never takes off. We want our rights? We need to fight for them.

Lovely Rita
03-23-2007, 02:11 PM
Count me in. Can I carry the flag with the Opera Hose waving?

Seriously, anything with revolution and I am in.

Marcie Sexton
03-23-2007, 02:37 PM
Not a bad idea...and for those of us who would be afraid to come out in public, they could comeout in drab as a supporter...look at the march in the 60's Dr. King had...black, white, yellow, and red all particvipated as supporters for the cause...

It would be a long time in coming...

Sasha Anne Meadows
03-23-2007, 05:27 PM
I am old enough to remember the civil rights movememt for the the Afraican American people of our nation and for the gay people of America (Stonewall Pub). Now it is own turn girls. To borrow from Karl Marx: T GIRLS UNITE!!!