PDA

View Full Version : Now that caught me by surprise !

Emily Ann Brown
03-12-2007, 09:25 AM
Daughter announced Saturday (yes, my recently cured-of-cancer one) that she had found the alternative lifestyles club in her city and wants to take me there for my birthday. She has known for months about me and been very supportive, but never interested in seeing Em....till now. I am on cloud nine today.

Emily Ann

SANDRA MICHELLE
03-12-2007, 09:30 AM
Emily, glad to hear your daughter is doing well and she is accepting of your lifestyle. good for her and you!

Ashley1
03-12-2007, 09:38 AM
Emily, it seems like things may finally be on the way back up for you! Hope that all works out well in your future. :hugs:
:love:
Ashley

Karren H
03-12-2007, 09:50 AM
Sooo cool!! Lucky girl!!

What kind of cake you having, btw?? Chocolate's my favorite... Email me a picece..... :)

Love Karren

Brianna Lovely
03-12-2007, 10:05 AM
I hope you and your daughter go and have a wonderful time.

cindychan
03-12-2007, 10:10 AM
Thats sounds real sweet. I hope someday my daughter will do the same with me.

JoAnnDallas
03-12-2007, 10:41 AM
I can just see you two at the club. Your near another group and she looks at you and says "DAD, lets go to the ladies room". :D :eek:

Summer
03-12-2007, 11:31 AM
My two daughter have grown up with dad/alternate mom. By their side. We shop together and play music together.... You get the picture. Cultivate this relationship it will add so much to your life.

Summer:love:

Emily Ann Brown
03-12-2007, 11:54 AM
Well JoAnn ........ as you know she has already done the "loud announcements" in WalMart ( "Oh Daddy, that skirt would look so AWESOME on you !" ) so what's to stop her in a club ???? (GIGGLE GIGGLE)

Emily Ann

tommi
03-12-2007, 02:27 PM
That is so awesome and really shows that if we raise them right we can count
on our children to accept us no matter what.:hugs:
I only hope when mine is fully grown that thay will accept me for what I am.

SherriePall
03-12-2007, 02:30 PM
Emily -- Good for you and I hope the two of you have a good time out.

tightsgirl
03-12-2007, 02:31 PM
Daughter announced Saturday (yes, my recently cured-of-cancer one) that she had found the alternative lifestyles club in her city and wants to take me there for my birthday. She has known for months about me and been very supportive, but never interested in seeing Em....till now. I am on cloud nine today.

Emily Ann

Congratulations you should write a book it sounds like you have an interesting life. It sounds like a compelling story your daughter battles cancer and survives and finds acceptance for your alternative lifestyle. That is really cool.

DawnL
03-12-2007, 03:35 PM
Emily that is great. Sometimes when we go through a serious crisis in our lives some things just don't seem important enough to fight over. We can become much more accepting. I know you will both have a wonderful time.

tammysuetv
03-12-2007, 06:00 PM
Emily..that is wonderful. Congratulations!

Di
03-12-2007, 06:04 PM
That is so terrfic....I am so glad a little bit of good stuff is happening for you...can't wait ....so whens the bday...when you going...whatcha wearing?

janet p
03-12-2007, 09:44 PM
Glad to hear your daughter is better. My daughter has know about me for years and the only problem I have is that she'll ask me about female problems that she should be asking her mother or a doctor about.:rolleyes: :love:

Joy Carter
03-13-2007, 01:04 AM
Emily. Father and daughter relationships are special. You were in all cases the first man in her life. You are an example to her of what a man is. Take care of her, she's a special one.:happy:

RachelDenise
03-13-2007, 04:59 AM
Well Emily, the news just keeps getting better and better! :D

CharleneCD
03-13-2007, 08:07 AM
Well Emily, the news just keeps getting better and better! :D

I think you might want to try again on the lottery tickets. Your good fortune recently is amazing.

GinaVegas
03-13-2007, 08:50 AM
Good for you Emily!

JoAnnDallas
03-13-2007, 09:03 AM
Emily.......We want pictures too....It should be a first.....Father and daughter together en femm.

Nicole
03-13-2007, 03:04 PM
Wow! I can't wait to hear how it goes. Hopefully lots of fun and enjoyment all around.

AllyM
03-13-2007, 05:16 PM
Emily Ann, you have some wonderful things happen recently. You are living right! Enjoy!

insearchofme
03-13-2007, 06:57 PM
It's my birthday tomorrow, will she take me out too? Please,Please!!!

Lovely Rita
03-23-2007, 12:32 PM
Wow and double wow

I am happy for you

Emily Ann Brown
03-23-2007, 02:09 PM
Well let me update this. Daughter and I went out to the club last Saturday. This was the first time she had seen Em and I was a bit nervous at first. I took my time and let her watch me get ready. She seemed to enjoy that.

Got to the club and we stayed close to the bar. She seemed okay with the other attendees, they put on a real show with their "mating" rituals. We stayed about an hour and a half. I didn't get out on the dance floor since I knew nobody, and I didn't want her alone at the bar. The bartender (Billi) was so friendly, and allowed me to get a photo even though photographs are not allowed for the reason of privacy for ALL attendees. Daughter was hesitant to get a photo of me and her since she argued if there was photographic evidence she and Em had been together she could NEVER lie her way out of it with her Mom. So I honored that request.

Fun came when we got home.Plan was home at 11 PM, granddaughter gets off work at midnight, and I'm undressed and cleaned up in plenty of time. Well........got in at 11:20........and granddaughter got off early and walked in 8 minutes later. OOPSIES !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Fortunately I had all my guy stuff and my fem stuff in bathroom. Quickly shut the door and faked a shower. Big problem was it was my first time using 12 hour lipstick ! I didn't have the special remover because the drugstore was out. Mascara remover worked sorta, but I scrubbed my lips till I hurt. But I remained "hidden"

Attached photo is of me and bartender, I'm on the right......club is called THE PARK (has a myspace page).

Emily Ann

tommi
03-23-2007, 02:55 PM
Sounds wonderful Em I'm so happy for you and your daughter it is something so special.
It makes me have hope that my child when old enough will accept dad dressed like mom.

Marcie Sexton
03-23-2007, 03:01 PM
Go...by all means...enjoy your daughter's love and support, by showing the same to her...