PDA

View Full Version : Mirrors

Iniquity Blonde GG
03-12-2007, 01:40 PM
speaking from experince with my SO , its taken him years he says to be able to look @ himself in a mirror whilst "dressed" !! i gently coaxed him to take the step and look, & see what he looked like !! :o he says he finds it alittle easier now, but there was always that fear when he caught a glance of himself !!
have any of you been the same ? maybe when you first started dressing ?? :rolleyes: and is it better now, can you look @ yourself infront of a mirror ??

Kali
03-12-2007, 01:47 PM
I'll look. but they just remind me of how much weight I need to lose ;)

Robertacd
03-12-2007, 01:54 PM
I have always loved to look at myself in the mirror while dressed. I can't imagen why somone would not.

Daintre
03-12-2007, 02:00 PM
Oh I look, you need a small mirror for make up, but I really do not want to see myself in the mirror and ruin the illusion. Even in male drab I will not look into a full length mirror as I am not happy with my body. I guess that is why there are so few pictures of myself.

Iniquity Blonde GG
03-12-2007, 02:04 PM
i must admit im like that !! hate getting a glimpse of myself !! yeuk :( even passing shop windows , if i suddenly catch a look, im critzing myself straight away !!

Wanda.cd.northern.NH
03-12-2007, 02:13 PM
Your SO is lucky to have someone so supportive. My wife is definately NOT. As far as mirrors I can not wait to get to a mirror. I think I look good dressed, I only wish I could do make up. Since my wife doesn't support my dressing I must be secretive and therefor have limited time and never do makeup. Anyway I don't know why anyone who dresses wouldn't want to look. Wanda

Felix
03-12-2007, 02:17 PM
Lol My SO has always made fun of how I look in shop windows at myself :o I have never had a problem looking at myself when dressing I like the way I look so it's easy I guess. I much prefer to look at myself dressing than not cos I never liked what I saw before now I love what I see. Do any of you girls know what I mean? xx Felix :hugs:

Satrana
03-12-2007, 02:22 PM
I presume your SO believes he does not look good in feminine clothes and so avoids the mirror so as not to spoil the illusion, that he looks foolish, just a man in a dress etc.

I am naturally thin so achieving a satisfactory feminine look has been fairly easy for me. This has been important for my own feminine self-esteem. If I was 250 pounds and had large muscles then I suspect I would have low feminine self-esteem and would avoid mirrors like the plague.

SherriePall
03-12-2007, 02:32 PM
Mirrors and my femme self go together hand-in-hand. If I could I would lug a full-length one around wherever I go dressed. I have often wondered if I would dress if there were no mirrors around. Well, maybe I would.

TxKimberly
03-12-2007, 02:35 PM
I have no ptoblem once I'm done with hair and makeup complete. I HATE looking in the mirror when I'm in mid process and clearly a man in a dress.
Kim (The vain redneck)

Di
03-12-2007, 02:39 PM
Mirrors.......:rolleyes: Complete opposite here....have to fight Sher for the mirror she usually wins she just has to :battingeyelashes: or give me:hmph: (attitude)....and she gets her way.....:rolleyes:

Kate Simmons
03-12-2007, 02:39 PM
I'm not that concerned about my appearance but do want to look at least somewhat presentable (and not like the Devil's Grandma)before I go out anywhere. I have a huge dresser mirror I use when I'm getting ready (for makeup, etc.) but don't really "look" if you know what I mean as I am busy with the prep work. Once the finished "look" is complete (with wig, lipstick, jewelery, etc.), I then check out the entire look for any touch ups needed. I really don't think that much of myself but usually get a lot of compliments. I guess basically, I just use the mirror as a tool, nothing more or less as I'm going out regardless.:happy:

tommi
03-12-2007, 02:49 PM
I look , I may not like what I'm seeing but how else are you going to no where
we need to work to improve. I always check what I've managed to do with
clevage and nthen how foundation garments fit. I don't pass probably never will but I enjoy trying the tips I learn here.:hugs:

vbcdgrl
03-12-2007, 02:50 PM
As I recall, it took a while to be able to look at Vikki in the mirror. But ,now, the mirror is my friend. I have a big vanity mirror where I do my makeup and hair, and a full length mirror to check out my outfit. One thing that makes me feel femme is primping and touching up lipstick in the car visor mirror. I don't do it while moving, but maybe while waiting at a long light.

Vikki

Sweet Jane
03-12-2007, 02:53 PM
I have never had a problem looking in the mirror...I am always amazed at the transformation in me...I keep thing "what an illusion"

Alice B
03-12-2007, 03:05 PM
Seeing myself in the mirror is one of the great pleasures of getting dressed. After all, you have to use the mirror for makeup, so why not enjoy the finished product. Then you can not only feel yourself as a woman, but can see yourself as one. That's why I always employe mirrors in the shots I take of myself. Tell him to not be self conscious and to enjoy his new look. It will also give him ideas on improving his female persona.:love:

lahr
03-12-2007, 03:17 PM
Alice B. Said it well I love posing in front of thwe mirror espessialy when I dress trashy with too much make up, big hair, thi hi's, stilettos, and stuff like that.

LisaRose
03-12-2007, 05:08 PM
Can't pass a mirror, window or anything else that's reflective without looking. Narcistic to the max. Just because no one else will look ain't going to stop me from looking.

cindybarnes
03-12-2007, 05:13 PM
I dont remember ever being botherd by my girl image in a mirror. My early days in this life of being cd had many hours using 2 mirrors trying hairstyles. Now I have mirrors everwhere,, and guess what,, they stay cleaned usualy LOL. I think its the fact that Cindy is a lot easier to look at in a mirror than my guy side,, same goes with photos. Im also realistic when seeing my own image, and feel great when I like the look that Im trying to achieve and accept a non flattering look that didnt work like planned.
It may have a lot to do with our own self acceptance, being comfortable with ourselvs and understanding that there is always room for improvement in our attempt to create a feminine image

Cindy

marie354
03-12-2007, 05:28 PM
I absolutely need a mirror!
I have a good sized mirror on my dressing table so I can see most of myself fron at least the knees up. I want to know things like... Is my slip showing, or can you see a bra strap peaking out either in front or back... Does my hair look alright, are my eyebrows OK, do they need thinning some more, etc., etc.
Now when endrab... While shaving or combing my hair is all I need a mirror for. I pretty much know how the rest of me looks.
So... Yes I like seeing myself in the mirror. ...And yes I'll criticise myself when I look... Oh this makes me look fat, I need to lose some more weight. Or, that color top just doesn't do it for me today. Etc.

Brianna Lovely
03-12-2007, 06:34 PM
When doing my makeup, I see the guy in the mirror. But when everythig is done and I give one last look, there's a glow that comes from within and I just light up and love the person in the mirror.

Joy Carter
03-12-2007, 06:50 PM
I look in a mirror and stick my tongue out at the reflection :p . Then I tell guy, he isn't going to spoil this ladies good time out. :devil:

Karren H
03-12-2007, 06:50 PM
Well don't look at my avatar.... Hehe.. And Hell No!! I've been in front of the mirror since day one... Seeing what I look like... Instant feedback.. Moreso than the thousands of photos I take.... I still get amazed when I look in one and don't recognize the girl in there..... As really me... Us.... Her....

Love Karren

Peggy55
03-12-2007, 06:55 PM
I have no ptoblem once I'm done with hair and makeup complete. I HATE looking in the mirror when I'm in mid process and clearly a man in a dress.
Kim (The vain redneck)

As a man I don't like my picture taken or look in the mirror for anything other than necessities. Dressed I take so many pictures of myself (daily) that it's hard to imagine I'm using the same brain! Although I, like Kimberly, who, I happen to think is absolutely beautiful, hate to see myself in mid-dress. For me it's dressed but no wig. I feel ugly and stupid to a point. At that point I am just a ridiculous 51 yr old man in a dress!

krisinpink
03-12-2007, 08:40 PM
When looking into a mirror, I'm not always happy with an outfit, or how an outfit might be fitting, and I am reminded of the weight I should loose, but inspite of all these things, I LIVE for the mirrors when I'm dressed!!

Kelsy
03-12-2007, 08:43 PM
I think the mirror has always been an essential part of dressing for me. I am captured by the transformation I see when all of the fem elements come together and change me into Jennifer! My female persona comes alive before my eyes. Photos are another favorite pastime and they feed my fantasy>:happy:

Jennifer:happy:

ArleneRaquel
03-12-2007, 08:59 PM
When I look at myself in the mirror I see a gorgeous, sexy Red Head. But then again I have very poor Eye Sight. Honestly I do look good in mirrors but were I do have a problem is in photographs, I have had this feeling well before I went enfemme 24/7. :love: & :hugs: Trina - A Vamp Not a Vampire

SandyR
03-12-2007, 09:57 PM
Without mirrors how would I know I missed a spot, or forgot to add eye liner.....The mirror keeps me, or her honest.

SandyR

JeanneF
03-12-2007, 10:02 PM
Can't pass a mirror, window or anything else that's reflective without looking. Narcistic to the max. Just because no one else will look ain't going to stop me from looking.

Same here. Doesn't matter if I'm in boy mode or girl mode...I love mirrors.

Deanna2
03-12-2007, 10:04 PM
Are you kidding? I know where all the mirrors and reflective surfaces are in the house - even the black glass front of the microwave oven.

marie354
03-12-2007, 10:12 PM
If I didn't have any mirrors, I'd never know if the "Bondo" was chipped.

suchacutie
03-12-2007, 10:39 PM
without a mirror I wouldn't be amazed over and over again that it's really me looking into that mirror!

tina

Byllie
03-12-2007, 10:46 PM
I can never find a mirror large enough in our home to satisfy me. I adore looking at my visage.

Roxi Loh
03-12-2007, 11:25 PM
If it wasn't for mirrors and cameras...not sure we would have passionate crossdresser.

Melinda G
03-12-2007, 11:54 PM
A girls best friend is a mirror. When I'm all dressed up, with the makeup and wig done, it takes my breath away to look in the mirror. My greatest pleasure, or the next to greatest, is walking down a main street, at night, and checking myself out in the store windows. :D

Iniquity Blonde GG
03-13-2007, 03:04 AM
sorry i didnt mean to cause offensese with the question, but i know for my SO it was hard for him to face himself "dressed", he didnt feel confident enough to look, but step by step he's achieved it, and now is able to see what he looks like. maybe its a confidence thing ?? :o
ty all for your input :hugs:

Shelly Preston
03-13-2007, 04:01 AM
OH dear

I hate mirrors when I dont look right

I was caught out one day :blushing: having a sneaky glance at myself in the mirror

Well !!! I was having one of my better days :)

Sometimes I just cant help myself :doll:

Kate Simmons
03-13-2007, 04:02 AM
Yes, it is pretty much a confidence thing Angie. Once you get past that the mirror is just that--a mirror.:happy:

Robin Leigh
03-13-2007, 06:07 AM
sorry i didnt mean to cause offensese with the question, but i know for my SO it was hard for him to face himself "dressed"
I don't think anyone was offended, Angela. Just amazed. :)

I don't really look at myself in the mirror until I've finished transforming, but once I'm fully dressed & made-up, the first thing I do is check myself out in one of my full-length mirrors.

I once visited a friend's flat en femme and was amazed to discover he had no mirrors, apart from a small one in the bathroom. I got a bit frustrated being all dressed up but unable to see myself.

I'm currently single, and I don't have casual sex. Not having a big mirror (or two) would be a serious impairment to my sex life. :D

Here's a survey thread I did on mirrors last year. http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=41551

Robin

Gina_darling
03-13-2007, 06:10 AM
I'm happy to look at myself in the mirror, but only when fully dressed. I'm a little self conscious about how I look as a man, very plain and nothing special. But when I'm en femme, I stand out a bit more without looking bad.

Raychel
03-13-2007, 06:20 AM
I can look at myself in the mirror as long as I don't look above the neck. If I happen to glance at the face in the mirror then the thought comes over me "You fool what kind of a guy dresses like that"

So mirrors are OK as long as you are careful.

Iniquity Blonde GG
03-13-2007, 07:26 AM
I can look at myself in the mirror as long as I don't look above the neck. If I happen to glance at the face in the mirror then the thought comes over me "You fool what kind of a guy dresses like that"

So mirrors are OK as long as you are careful.
wow !! thats excatly what my SO thinks when he see's himself !! :rolleyes: but for me i couldnt be without a mirror, to make sure me hair is spot on lol !! :eek: id go mad if it wasnt right lol :mad:

Teresa Amina
03-13-2007, 08:32 AM
Seeing that I really can look like the Inner Me is addictive. The guyness is quickly gone once the wig is on, the feeling of "Being" reinforced by the reflected Image. The mirror is cruel, however, when Teresa-time is over and I see that everyday self. Arrrrgh! :(

EricaCD
03-13-2007, 11:54 AM
I look all the time. Shallow but true.

Mary Morgan
03-13-2007, 08:44 PM
I agree with many of the others in that I find it easier/more comfortable to see myself dressed than in drab. I rarely shop for drab clothes and love to shop for female attire. In general, I am less interested in how I look as a male. though that is indeed what I am most of the time

linnea
03-13-2007, 11:45 PM
Mirrors and my femme self go together hand-in-hand. If I could I would lug a full-length one around wherever I go dressed. I have often wondered if I would dress if there were no mirrors around. Well, maybe I would.

Me too--I enjoy looking at myself in mirrors or other reflective surfaces. I am not always satisfied or pleased with what I see, but I just try to improve on the look rather than stop looking.

InHerShoes
03-19-2007, 08:11 AM
Funny, you can not pull me away from the mirror when I'm dressed. I even bought a full length mirror last year just for that purpose.

MsEva
03-19-2007, 08:30 AM
I dont remember ever being botherd by my girl image in a mirror. My early days in this life of being cd had many hours using 2 mirrors trying hairstyles. Now I have mirrors everwhere,, and guess what,, they stay cleaned usualy LOL. I think its the fact that Cindy is a lot easier to look at in a mirror than my guy side,, same goes with photos. Im also realistic when seeing my own image, and feel great when I like the look that Im trying to achieve and accept a non flattering look that didnt work like planned.
It may have a lot to do with our own self acceptance, being comfortable with ourselvs and understanding that there is always room for improvement in our attempt to create a feminine image

Cindy

Yup what she said! I much rather look at my femme self as my male persona.:2c:

RobertaFermina
03-20-2007, 03:49 AM
Mirrors don't lie, and are as kind to me as I am to myself, and that makes for a beautiful friendship !

I :<3: Mirrors !

:rose: Roberta :rose:

Tina B.
03-20-2007, 01:35 PM
Just got dressed, and I can't get a thing done in the house now, at least not in the rooms that don't have a big mirror in them! lol!
And that's from a fat old guy!!!
Tina B.

Iniquity Blonde GG
03-20-2007, 01:42 PM
i wont have a full-length mirror in me house !! :o maybe catch a glance in me telly screen !! ( lol ) . just dont like looking @ me from waist down !! :rolleyes: always been like that . But one of my GG friends from years ago, was "obsessed" with mirrors. she would stand for nealy an hour !! before she went out , checking herself over & over again before she left house !! :mad:

Nicole
03-20-2007, 01:42 PM
I like the mirror in guy-mode, but LOVE it as Karen! Essential!

Sophie
03-20-2007, 04:34 PM
try and keep me away form a mirror when dressed! My wife laughes at me cos i'm always posing primping and preening! i'd find it hard to see the point in dressing in the absence of a mirror!

Sophie

Michelle 51
03-20-2007, 07:11 PM
I have always loved to look at myself in the mirror while dressed. I can't imagen why somone would not.

Same here. first place i would head was for the mirror.I will admit that mirror's lie.Picture's don't Justabit

Erica Lauren James
03-21-2007, 06:46 AM
Mirrors? Absolutely love them!! I have mirrors in every room of my place and just love looking into them to see myself. It's like looking at pics but it's live. I can smile, frown or even be cute in front of a mirror. My kids think I have to many mirrors though. They know of Kiera and see her often.

Kiera

Lovely Rita
03-22-2007, 10:10 AM
Miror miror on the wall. I have always enjoyed them.

tbriannag
03-22-2007, 10:30 PM
i can tolerate it... though i dont usually deal with full length mirrors

ArleneRaquel
03-22-2007, 10:38 PM
When I look in the mirror this evening I see a Glamorous, Min - Skirted (Black ), Red Haired, Pantyhose ( Nude ) Wearing, Older But still Beautiful Woman. My Bifocals must need adjusting. This is the best " Mirror " Night for me in a long time. :love: & :hugs: Trina - Glamorous In Pantyhose & Lipstick

Samantha B L
03-22-2007, 11:10 PM
I love mirrors.I had several gigantic mirrors in my bedroom where I lived 15 years ago.

Roxi Loh
03-22-2007, 11:14 PM
I read a phrase that if it were not for mirrors and cameras...there would be no crossdressers. Would live in front of the mirror if I could while dressed.