PDA

View Full Version : "The Great Eyebrow/Makeover Summit"

ChristineRenee
02-10-2005, 09:23 PM
Hi to all you lovely ladies of the forum,

Tonight was the first "summit" regarding yesterday's eyebrow bruhaha. "Sue" and I talked at great length about the subject. It seems that she was starting to believe that I was now GAY! Because of the eyebrow thinning and all the time I spend on this site! She drew her conclusion from that!:rolleyes: I naturally reassured her that I was NOT gay and that the reason I spent so much time on this site was that I was kind of "catching up" with over 40 years of being a CD with no one in the past to talk with about it who was like me.

The topic then turned to makeovers. Our salon sent me an e-mail notice today informing us of a makeover clinc that was going to take place on March 3rd...by appointment only. So I approached "Sue" about this to ask her if she wanted me to go ahead and schedule an appointment for her. Yes...she did. Then I mentioned, off-hand, if she would have a major problem with Christine scheduling an appointment too? (big roll of the dice here) Expecting not only "the look", but another potential tantrum as well, I braced myself for the worst. Well...she said it wasn't so much a problem for her to see Christine have a makeover, she just wants me to wait until we are down in Florida as she is still very concerned about rumors being spread in this small town and her colleagues finding out. All very reasonable and understandable. Her tone was very agreeable and rational. I was really stunned that she dealt with the topic so matter-of-factly. Perhaps she had done some soul searching as well since the big flap. Anyway, I also mentioned again about the GG forum and how I thought it would be of great benefit to her to be a member and participant since she has always complained of not having anyone to talk to about this. Well she still has some reservations about that. She doesn't do the internet that much and is skeptical about talking with strangers about our relationship. She didn't rule it out...she just wasnt sure if it would be something she would want to do. I am going to keep trying, gently and diplomatically, to win her over on doing this because I think it is something that she has needed for a long time now and once she got comfortable conversing with Tamara and the other wonderful GG's here, I think she will have a better feeling about being the wife of a CD.

Well, a smoothing over of hurt feelings and anxiety today. Maybe we can get this behind us now and focus on the positive things we have going for us in our marriage and in our future retirement life together on the horizon.

Thanks once again ladies for all your support, advice, and comments. All were very much appreciated by me.;)

Love,
Chrissie:)

stefanie
02-10-2005, 09:49 PM
I am really happy things seemed to have worked out better! These are all tough conversations.

I believe just having the conversation perhaps with her about such a topic in which she felt hurt gave her lthe desired attention and concern (eg called love).... it sounds like she has concerns you are having an affair with the other woman (eg Christine) and not concerned enough about her (your one and only wife). There may additional resentment that you might be spending more time with your on-line girlfriends than dedicated, thoughtful time with her to cherish and love forever....certainly we are all our own competition as we all try to 'manage' our dual 'gender' personality.

Holly
02-10-2005, 09:57 PM
Christine,

This post bought tears to my eyes. After all the hurt and anguish of yesterday, I was so happy to see that with the dawn peace came also (okay, maybe a cease fire). BUT the dialogue has begun and doors are being cracked open. You're doing all the right stuff.. keep it up! We're with you, hon!

Olivia
02-10-2005, 10:15 PM
Yes, Chrissie, we're with you here. Olivia

Tracie Lynn
02-10-2005, 10:25 PM
Christine, I am so happy to hear that things seam to be ironing out with you and Sue and pray that they continue on the up & up for you and her both please keep us posted.

DonnaT
02-10-2005, 10:53 PM
Christine, maybe your wife could read the "A Place for Wives and SO's" section in the http://crossdressers-forum.com/forums/index.php Forum.

She wouldn't have to respond. Not many people can stop from responding, however, when a topic near and dear to their heart pops off the screen and pokes them in the eye. :D

I suggested the other forum because there is so much there to read by the SOs.

ChristineRenee
02-10-2005, 10:59 PM
Christine, maybe your wife could read the "A Place for Wives and SO's" section in the http://crossdressers-forum.com/forums/index.php Forum.

She wouldn't have to respond. Not many people can stop from responding, however, when a topic near and dear to their heart pops off the screen and pokes them in the eye. :D

I suggested the other forum because there is so much there to read by the SOs.Yes Donna, I'm familiar with the section in that forum too. The larger problem is that my wife just doesn't like to allocate time for the internet. Plus she still isn't convinced yet that it would be the kind of thing for her. But she didn't rule it out either so we will keep the lines of communication open on that.

Love,
Chrissie

Wendy me
02-10-2005, 11:00 PM
girlfreind you know what i am going to say right???????fla. with her ......slow and easy
or fla. .....without her ......you know the answer grate turn around but tread lightly
you made a deal with her .......call it mouthering if you must

ChristineRenee
02-10-2005, 11:07 PM
girlfreind you know what i am going to say right???????fla. with her ......slow and easy
or fla. .....without her ......you know the answer grate turn around but tread lightly
you made a deal with her .......call it mouthering if you mustand you know what I am going to say too..............thanks Wendy mom!:D

Wendy me
02-10-2005, 11:13 PM
and you know what I am going to say too..............thanks Wendy mom!:D

go to bed

Tristen Cox
02-10-2005, 11:51 PM
Christine that is very good news indeed. I hope this is a sign of her finally accepting who she married as a whole person and not mistakingly taking the wrong interpretations of you. I think getting her to come here and mingle with other married GGs is an excellent idea. If not then she still needs support of some kind for herself and education on what it's all about for you and for her.
Wendy's right, go to sleep, and yes I'll be watching you :p Good luck and keep us posted.

Love
Tristen

ChristineRenee
02-11-2005, 12:18 AM
Thanks lil sis...you know how much I care about all of you. Thanks for the love and support through all of this.

Your big sis,

Rikki
02-11-2005, 02:13 AM
Great news Crissy. I am glad that she didn't close the door and you can at least communicate. You know the drill, go slow and keep showing the love to her.

Rikki :)

Helana
02-11-2005, 03:55 AM
Now that sounds much more like the Christine we know and love :)

I get the feeling that she feels she is being out on the sidelines with your new lifestyle, the more you can involve her the better methinks ;) It is good that you can have your makeovers together, that will be a lovely sharing experience.

Nothing like a good sit-down chat. We British always resolve all our differences by having a blether at 3pm over tea and scones. If only the rest of the world would learn from us..... :p

Priscilla1018
02-11-2005, 09:34 AM
Christine,

This post bought tears to my eyes. After all the hurt and anguish of yesterday, I was so happy to see that with the dawn peace came also (okay, maybe a cease fire). BUT the dialogue has begun and doors are being cracked open. You're doing all the right stuff.. keep it up! We're with you, hon!

Dear Chrissie,

I am so happy that the two of you can sit down and talk about the feelings of each other. You are most definately doing the right thing; with out communication, nothing will be accomplished. We are all with you on this.

Love and Hugs,
Priscilla

ChristineRenee
02-11-2005, 12:51 PM
You know, I'm getting quite a collection of "moms" going in this forum. You are all so special to me and I am going to acknowledge you by name too:

HUGE HUGS & KISSES to all my "moms" out there:

Stefanie
Holly mom
Olivia
Tracie
Donna T
Wendy me "mom"
Tristen (my lil' sis)
Rikki
Helana
Priscilla
Racheal
Sharon

And of course DanaJ, Tamara mom, and of course, of course, my Momma Bear (Pattie mom)!!:)

Anybody I missed I'll get to on down the line!

You all are the best. I'm proud to be associated with each and every one of you sister "moms"...and I love you all very much!

Thank you all for being my friends!

Love to all,

Tamara Croft
02-11-2005, 12:56 PM
I'm not sure what to say that I haven't already said to you in our private chat the other day... I think we found the initial problem and you both need to work on that... you know my feelings and you know hers... I'm so glad you are working things out.... and I'll be your mom anytime :D

Tamara x

ChristineRenee
02-11-2005, 01:14 PM
I'm not sure what to say that I haven't already said to you in our private chat the other day... I think we found the initial problem and you both need to work on that... you know my feelings and you know hers... I'm so glad you are working things out.... and I'll be your mom anytime :D

Tamara xThanks Tamara, for a terrific and insightful chat the other night. You are one special lady, girlfriend, and "mom!";)

Love,

Julie York
02-11-2005, 01:43 PM
Good luck Christine. Glad to hear there's a little chink of light at the end of the tunnel.

(I don't want to be a 'Mom' so can I apply for the job of slightly younger stroppy sister who keeps borrowing your stuff without asking?)

TrueGemini'sWife GG
02-11-2005, 01:46 PM
Like Tamara, you know my feeling about this, too. I just hope that you and "Sue" can find some common ground on this. Where you can still be yourself and she can feel more comfortable with Christine. Everything happens for a reason and that old saying is right.
"Only time will tell."

Regardless...
You will always find love and support here, among your many friends..
And you will always have your "Momma Bear!"

Love you Sweetie...

ChristineRenee
02-11-2005, 02:00 PM
Like Tamara, you know my feeling about this, too. I just hope that you and "Sue" can find some common ground on this. Where you can still be yourself and she can feel more comfortable with Christine. Everything happens for a reason and that old saying is right.
"Only time will tell."

Regardless...
You will always find love and support here, among your many friends..
And you will always have your "Momma Bear!"

Love you Sweetie...Aw....what would I do without you now Momma Bear?

Thanks for lookin' after yet another one of your "cubs"!;)

I love you bunches!
Your Chrissie Bear!:)

ChristineRenee
02-11-2005, 02:05 PM
Good luck Christine. Glad to hear there's a little chink of light at the end of the tunnel.

(I don't want to be a 'Mom' so can I apply for the job of slightly younger stroppy sister who keeps borrowing your stuff without asking?)Sure sis...but if you start looking through my drawers and should happen to find my "derringer"...be sure to put it back where you found it...and in it's original upright position too!:D

Love,

Julie York
02-11-2005, 03:10 PM
Sure sis...but if you start looking through my drawers and should happen to find my "derringer"...be sure to put it back where you found it...and in it's original upright position too!:D

Love,

LOL.

Is that a gun or are you just plea......OOOOOH MYYYY GAAAAAARD!

ChristineRenee
02-11-2005, 03:14 PM
LOL.

Is that a gun or are you just plea......OOOOOH MYYYY GAAAAAARD!stop that or you'll bend my barrel!:D

Maddie Knight
02-11-2005, 03:39 PM
I also mentioned again about the GG forum and how I thought it would be of great benefit to her to be a member and participant since she has always complained of not having anyone to talk to about this. Well she still has some reservations about that. She doesn't do the internet that much and is skeptical about talking with strangers about our relationship. She didn't rule it out...she just wasnt sure if it would be something she would want to do. I am going to keep trying, gently and diplomatically, to win her over on doing this because I think it is something that she has needed for a long time now and once she got comfortable conversing with Tamara and the other wonderful GG's here, I think she will have a better feeling about being the wife of a CD.

I have also mentioned the GG forum to my fiance, but she is not sure as to weather she will benefit from it. She does not know what to say in such a forum but if she had some other GG's like your wife to talk to i'm sure they would get along.

ChristineRenee
02-11-2005, 04:09 PM
I have also mentioned the GG forum to my fiance, but she is not sure as to weather she will benefit from it. She does not know what to say in such a forum but if she had some other GG's like your wife to talk to i'm sure they would get along.Hi Maddie,

I talked with my wife about this again this morning. She doesn't trust the internet or our forum. She would be concerned that she would be chatting with some perv pretending to be a GG. It is a closed issue I'm afraid until we get to Florida and join Tri-Ess. Then when she goes to the meetings she will have a chance to converse with other GG wives of CD's. It is really what she needs. Not an awful lot more I can say to her. Perhaps another GG, like your SO, for example, going through the same experience can have more impact. That is my hope anyway.

The old..."you can lead a horse to water but you can't make em drink", thing.

Hope you have better luck in the future than I am having now.

Love,
Chrissie

Melissa A.
02-11-2005, 04:46 PM
Hi Christine, I think you guys will be ok. She needs to be reasonable and open minded(sounds like she is trying) and you, I would say, just need to be patient for a while. You have both seen your cding progress to places neither of you originally expected, from what I have read from you, so her fears are real, and not based on anything mean spirited or closed minded. I know you know this. Your feelings are legitimate as well. You are not doing anything wrong, just being you. I know you are both smart enough and love one another enough to find common ground. I'm rooting for you.

Wishing you both all the strength and luck in the world.

Hugs,

Melissa :)

ChristineRenee
02-11-2005, 05:26 PM
Hey Melissa,

Yes...will have to bide my time here for awhile. Cooler heads have prevailed now for awhile at least.The biggest thing from my perspective is that she has to come to terms in some form or another with Christine. "Roy" is not the reality here...Christine is. She needs to quit denying that, accept it, and then figure out how she can best cope with it. Playng mind games with herself isn't going to make the reality any different. There are some things she has to do for herself...by herself. I can give her love and support. I can't give her self-esteem, make her feel more confident about her femininity, lose weight for her, etc. I can't get rid of Christine either. But she can change her attitude toward how she feels about it. Look at it as a positive instead of a negative like the rest of society does. She is a prototype prodigy of society...the men should be men and women should be women mantra personified. Many, many, years of societal conditioning there that I am trying to modify.

What it all may come down to eventually is this. The late Ann Landers, the advice columnist, used to say that you have to ask yourself this question: Am I better off with or without this person as my spouse? And you have to answer that honestly and objectively. Either I am worth having as her husband or I'm not. Only she can make that decision. If she wants to continue to be repelled by the woman inside of me because it makes her something in HER eyes that she is not...in other words, a lesbian...then we may not be able to bridge this gap in the relationship. It's all about how you choose to view it. Sometimes in life, you have to be good...very good...at taking the lemons that you are handed and making lemonade out of them. Some people never get that concept....and end up being "soured" over the way their life has worked out. If you can't be happy within your own self, how can you make someone else happy?

Love,

Celeste GG
02-12-2005, 03:33 AM
I have been to a few drag shows with the T"girls lately and their eyebrows and makup look amazing, but last night there were a few in the audience from "Pink" show to give suppirt to "the Muse Bar" and in their boy clothes, their shaved eyebrows did look a little strange. Withoug makup they symmetry of the face changes

I have no answer to the dilema, just an asthetic observation.