PDA

View Full Version : CD without desire?

anon
03-12-2007, 11:46 PM
Has anyone ever lost the desire to cd but cd'd anyway? Did it still give you the same satisfaction? If not, did/would you continue to cd?

Joy Carter
03-13-2007, 01:49 AM
Avon, it comes and goes for some of us. I went to my first Tri Ess meeting Saturday and while I sat there I though, "what the hell am I doing here". Not that everyone wasn't nice. Just it all seemed wired some how. Maybe because it wasn't the same as going out in public, with all the excitement of discovery. I don't know right now. Maybe just reevaluating myself and where I stand.

Kate Simmons
03-13-2007, 02:14 AM
For the most part, there is no "thrill" in it for me these days and it seems pretty routine. Why do it, you may ask if no adrenaline? I'm not sure but I'm just going with the flow here to see what happens. I'm sure this is pretty close to how a "real" woman feels. Sort of like a guy putting on guy clothes, no big deal really. Friends and onlookers will say something like:"Oh, you look so nice". I'll be shrugging my shoulders, thinking:"Okay, whatever." They seem to be more thrilled than I am.Anyway, we have to wear something, one way or the other, so why not?:happy:

Suzie S.
03-13-2007, 05:18 AM
For me it's not about it being a thrill. It's about what I need to do to feel more like myself. I couldn't imagine losing interest in dressing. Sure there are days here and there that I don't dress up. But, it has nothing to do with lost interest. I actually feel more uncomfortable in mens clothes. I have a very strong feminine side, and a strong desire to be female. When I wear a dress, my cover actually matches my book. It feels completely natural, not 'thrilling'. How could I ever lose interest in feeling like myself? :heehee:

Gina_darling
03-13-2007, 05:46 AM
I'm sure this is the same for all the girls here but we do it because we like it. Occasionally there does come the time when other commitments take presidence and the desire seems to take a backseat. In those cases I don't do it. Then when it does return (usually very soon!) you can have a dressing binge! :D

But if you ever feel you don't want to CD, then don't. Return to it later when you do because you will!

MarinaTwelve200
03-13-2007, 06:18 AM
Well, I do it only once every 2 weeks or so anyway, as every now and then I NEED my CD "fix"----But sometimes I'll do it only because I have the TIME and oppurtunity. And it still is fun---and I can go on all the much longer till I need a fix again.

Sounds sorta like a drug huh?

Also remember I DONT feel like my "fem self" is "Who I am", like some CDers here, but rather MY CD is more of an "escape valve" to get AWAY from my real , male self every now and then. I suppose THAT accounts for the drug like effect, in my case. Indeed, If I really WAS my fem self, my MALE mode would be my "escape" and I would CD most of the time.

anon
03-13-2007, 11:30 AM
I guess I CD because it's who I am, but before I came to terms with that and before the desire really kicked in I was just like any 'normal' straight guy who had or thought he had a natural aversion to anything considered 'feminine'. Now that that façade has crumbled, I don't ever envision myself disliking cding but know that I definitely could become indifferent towards it. If that happened and I actually lost interest in femininity, I would most likely still CD because it has become such a strong part of me and my personality that I wouldn't want to lose touch with it, ever. Therefore the only thing that could really stop me would be developing a genuine aversion to being feminine, an actual distate for cding, in which case it would make sense to stop. Like I said, I can't ever imagine that happening because it would necessitate a regression in my personality, but I guess you can't rule anything out, can you?

tommi
03-13-2007, 11:35 AM
There are times even though no thrill that it just feels right and if I just want
to do something femme for myself.:hugs:

Mitzi
03-13-2007, 11:43 AM
On a couple of occasions when my wife was away for a few weeks, I dressed a few hours every day, but after a week or so it got to be a bit of a hassle. I still dressed, but sometimes it was only because the opportunity was there, so "don't waste it" kinda thing. Almost a relief to get it over with in that mindset.

So I know I'd never want to go 24/7.

Mitzi

Lovely Rita
03-23-2007, 12:39 PM
I would think that if you don't feel like cding then don't. Give it a rest.

Lisa Golightly
03-23-2007, 12:47 PM
For me they are just my clothes and I'm used to wearing them... They are familiar to me and not to wear them would feel odd...

XDW Nathan-Natasha
03-23-2007, 02:23 PM
I wouldn't say that I ever lost my desire to cross-dress but it did change at one point. It used to be more of a fetish and means of sexual release for me but then I stopped and went into hiatus for a while without really doing too much with it.
But now the desires to dress up have come back again recently and I find myself not having desires to do it for sexual reasons, but identity related ones instead. I feel now that dressing up for me is more than about getting my kicks, but another means of expressing myself and who I am. It's a part of me and I figure, why should I deny it?
As I like to say, dressing lets me express my inner woman. And she's been cooped up for a long time, too...
So, as I said, my desires never really disappeared, they just entered a latent state and re-emerged in another form. I did dress a couple of times when they were latent though, just to see if I missed it, I guess...and at the time I don't think I really did so I didn't do it all that much. Once or twice maybe...

Colleen
03-24-2007, 08:05 AM
When I have to get my manly things done like big projects I am focused on that only to get,er done.The I hope I can have some quality dress up time.

XDW Nathan-Natasha
04-01-2007, 11:09 PM
I haven't been able to cross-dress much for the last week and I had become afraid at some point that I had lost the desire to CD. I was actually pretty scared becasue I enjoy doing it so much - but I just hadn't been able to. But I got enfemme today and BAM! - the desire was still there and bigger than ever. I guess I was worried about nothing. But still, I hope I never lose the desire to CD becasue it is such a big part of who I am. I don't know if I'd be able to dress without desire and that would leave me with a lot of femme products I wouldn't have a use for. And that would suck!