PDA

View Full Version : Sister now knows...

Gina_darling
03-14-2007, 05:35 AM
Well, my family and I were discussing things again and the topic moved onto fashion so I was telling them all about some shops back in Glasgow where I'm at uni. I mentioned where I had a got a garter for a costume and then the subject of crossdressing came up. My sister jokingly suggested I might come in one day and tell evryone. I thought opportunity coming here so asked them what would be their reaction. Earlier the reaction I got to a general question was negative (see 'Looks like I'll have to stay in the closet' thread) so I thought I'd leave it. However this time the reaction was if I did it that was ok and they'd be supportive, it was just the secrecy and deceit of others that was not on. My sister even suggested giving me a makeover, the temptation was so strong to blurt it out but I held back.

I watched a bit of telly with Mum and then later when upstairs to see my sister. I decided the best way to tell her was to just show her the photos I'd taken of myself dressed up. She quietly looked through them all giggling at some. She wanted to know why, but I don't think I really know myself so I just said it's fun and I enjoy it. Anyway, she is supportive and likes my fashion sense :D

Now I have someone to help me approach others in my family if I want them to know.

Phew!

Shelly Preston
03-14-2007, 05:38 AM
Hi Gina

Glad to hear your sister is so supportive

At least now you have someone to talk to about it

Suzie S.
03-14-2007, 05:46 AM
Gina, I think it's wonderful that your sis is so openminded and accepts you as you are! It's nice to have someone to confide in. Wish you the best! :D

Jackie-Ann
03-14-2007, 06:04 AM
Gina, I'm glad for you, its so frustrating that we have to keep our femininity away from society in general.Its hard, especially to those of us that me cannot "pass". Here I'm, writing to you sitting at home with a nice flowery, soft, flowy dress. It feels so good but only my wife knows and that's it.

Hugs and kisses, Jackie

Tina Dixon
03-14-2007, 06:09 AM
Good for you hon, and you gave the best answer, "it's fun and I like doing it":thumbsup:

tommi
03-14-2007, 08:35 AM
Good for you Gina know could you lend me a sister,I only have three brothers.:D

GinaVegas
03-14-2007, 08:46 AM
Good for you Gina!

Wenda
03-14-2007, 07:33 PM
Great news! My four adult children know, and don't really care. At least one, maybe 3 also dress in various ways. My GF also knows and regards Wenda as a buddy. Some of the people I work with and some friends have connected some of the dots.
The best advice I can give, from experience, is be honest and be patient. All the best!!:thumbsup:

Amy Hepker
03-14-2007, 07:37 PM
That's Great, to bad you didn't come out to the rest.

DawnL
03-14-2007, 08:59 PM
That is absolutely incredible. Congatulations, the first step is always the hardest. Now maybe you will have an ally to help with the rest of the family.

Kitty Sue
03-14-2007, 11:00 PM
that is great Gina. Good for you!

Angie G
03-15-2007, 12:20 AM
Gina thats great hun your sister is cool :hugs:
Angie

Lovely Rita
03-23-2007, 12:18 PM
Wow.......you are brave.