PDA

View Full Version : Hairy legs/redux

Bobbie Jo
03-14-2007, 08:13 AM
Hey Girls,
Well it's getting to be that time of the year that most of us have to stop shaving their legs,at least i think so. I do wear shorts all summer long and to be hairless wouldn't go over to good with my buds or anyone i hang with.
I do love the feel of a new pair of pantyhose over my freshly shaved legs, but this time of the year it's just not possable.
I do love to get all dressed up at anytime so,if i'm going to wear a dress or skirt i will put on two pair of pantyhose over my hairy legs. It really works good, you can't even see the hair.
I was really wondering how many of you girls do this,or is there some other way around it?
I will let you girls know that "suntan" color pantyhose are my favorite,so black or tights probably wouldn't work with me.
Thanks ya'll.. please be nice now............

Vicky_Scot
03-14-2007, 08:31 AM
I shave my legs all year round. Thats my choice so I do not give a flying **** what anyone else thinks except the wife of course who does not mind.

Tell them you have taken up swimming or cycling.........:heehee:

Lissa Stevens
03-14-2007, 08:33 AM
I have kept my legs clean for 10 years. No one really seems to care. Although, this last summer a woman from work saw me and told me how good my legs look. She told others also and not in a snide way, she was complimenting me.

Stephenie S
03-14-2007, 08:55 AM
Once you decide to govern your own life and stop letting others run your life for you, you will find that no one gives a hoot that your legs are bare in the summer. I worried about this a bit before saying "F*** it, it's my life, and I am going to live it the way I want." Since I started to shave in the summer, no one has EVER said a word or given me a second glance.

Now, I have come to realize that many, many, men shave their legs for other reasons. Runners, bicycle racers, swimmers, body builders, and models all shave their legs (or everything) all the time. Also many men just don't have that much hair. The only answer to any one who is so impolite as to comment on your legs is, "Because I want to". (Remember, NO ONE has EVER said ANYTHING to me about my bare legs in the summer) Look around you this summer at other guys. Can you tell if they shave their legs? Do you care? The answer is no, you can't tell, and no, you don't care. Well dear, that's true for everyone else. They can't tell, and if they can, they don't care.

So go ahead and shave in the summer. You will love the feeling of warm, bare skin. There is one BIG problem with shaving in the summer. If you are at all fastidious, you will find you have to shave MUCH more often. I can let my legs go for days in the winter without worry. In the summer I have to shave almost daily to keep looking good. This is a problem ALL GGs have also, so don't feel alone.

Remember, this is the only life you are going to get. It's over SO quickly. It's YOUR life. Live it yourself.

Lovies,
Stephenie

Emma England
03-14-2007, 09:00 AM
Well said Stephenie, I agree.

Paula Thomas
03-14-2007, 09:19 AM
To echo Stephenie, I am going to continue to shave my legs (this will be the first summer).

My wife is very accepting (I had been wearing more noticeable polish on my toes (I wanted to see the polish, rather than just "know" that it was there), and my wife's first comment to me was (although she said she had noticed earlier) that she wanted it for her fingernails, and that I could wear any that I wanted, including hers).

If anyone else comments, I will give the semi-truthful response that since I suffer from swelling of the legs (due to weight - although I have lost over 30 pounds, and am losing more, so that there is little swelling now), and my socks leave a noticeable indention and rub the hair off the portion of my legs covered by the socks (i.e., removal through gentle abrasion), and this looks funny anyway with the leg partially free from hair, I decided to just shave the legs completely so that they have a uniform look (and my wife likes the feel of my soft hairless legs).

Casey Morgan
03-14-2007, 09:38 AM
Bobbie Jo, while it is true that it's your life and some/many people don't or won't care if you shave your legs, there are still those who will care. If it's not worth the risk to shaving your legs then don't. My sister lives over in Bedford so I have an idea of what things may be like for you. I know I'll be more careful when I'm down there then I am at home.

I've heard that wearing two pair of pantyhose is a decent compromise if you don't/can't/won't shave your legs. So you're certainly not alone doing that. How thick and dark is your leg hair? I know that some of the places that cater to CDs carry pantyhose that is... more opaque? It might be worth looking into a pair.

Melinda G
03-14-2007, 10:36 AM
Before I started shaving my legs completely, I used to take an electric shaver, and just skim over them, and thin out the hair, to a point where it didn't show through stockings, but still didn't appear shaved. You could also spend 20 minutes or so, with a pair of scissors, just trimming and shortening the hair. If there is any hair at all, most people won't notice that you've done anything. Some guys have thin hair on their legs, and others have thick hair. Take your hand and brush the hair back up the wrong way, making it stand up a little. Then just trim it with the scissors, to whatever length and thickness you want.
I do the same thing on my arms, from time to time. Believe it or not, thinner hair on your arms makes them appear slightly smaller, but not shaved.

Gina_darling
03-14-2007, 11:30 AM
Once you decide to govern your own life and stop letting others run your life for you, you will find that no one gives a hoot that your legs are bare in the summer. I worried about this a bit before saying "F*** it, it's my life, and I am going to live it the way I want." Since I started to shave in the summer, no one has EVER said a word or given me a second glance.

Now, I have come to realize that many, many, men shave their legs for other reasons. Runners, bicycle racers, swimmers, body builders, and models all shave their legs (or everything) all the time. Also many men just don't have that much hair. The only answer to any one who is so impolite as to comment on your legs is, "Because I want to". (Remember, NO ONE has EVER said ANYTHING to me about my bare legs in the summer) Look around you this summer at other guys. Can you tell if they shave their legs? Do you care? The answer is no, you can't tell, and no, you don't care. Well dear, that's true for everyone else. They can't tell, and if they can, they don't care.

So go ahead and shave in the summer. You will love the feeling of warm, bare skin. There is one BIG problem with shaving in the summer. If you are at all fastidious, you will find you have to shave MUCH more often. I can let my legs go for days in the winter without worry. In the summer I have to shave almost daily to keep looking good. This is a problem ALL GGs have also, so don't feel alone.

Remember, this is the only life you are going to get. It's over SO quickly. It's YOUR life. Live it yourself.

Lovies,
Stephenie

Absolutely, couldn't agree more! Seems to be going that way now anyway, even the rugby players shave their legs. If anyone asks me, I'll suggest they give it a go!

Georgette
03-14-2007, 11:37 AM
I have been shaving for about 5 years and no body really comments if they would I just tell don't kock it till you try it.:heehee:

MsJanessa
03-14-2007, 11:41 AM
I agree with all the posts above---just keep shaving but assuming you cant or won't--and its your choice darling, nobody elses--try opaque support panty hose or thigh highs----are still femme but thick enough to hide the hair and easier to manage than double stockings.

DawnL
03-14-2007, 11:50 AM
I guess I am one of the incredibly lucky ones. My wife and I were in bed a while back and she said, startled, "have you shaved your legs?" My answer was no but I figured if she was that close and couldn't tell no-one else was going to either. She didn't care and I think likes the shaved legs.

\

Michelle_NY
03-14-2007, 12:22 PM
Try just buying a pair of danskin tights to wear under your reg pantyhose dear. It works for me. XO Michelle

Emma England
03-14-2007, 12:41 PM
May I ask whether you shave your face at all?

Jill
03-14-2007, 01:08 PM
Unlike the rest of the people that posted, besides Michelle, I'm going to answer your question. I'm like you, I choose not to shave my legs year round, I would just rather not do it for my own personal reasons, I only shave during the winter. But for some reason people aren't ok with that, they absolutely have to insist that we non shavers do it year round anyway.
I'm not very hairy and my leg hair isn't very thick. It works for me to just wear a thick pair of nude or beige hose under whatever color I am going to wear. I even had a pair of nude dance tights that I would wear under everything and it concealed the hair very well. That's what works for me.

TxKimberly
03-14-2007, 01:28 PM
Stop shaving my legs??!! I don't think so! I wear shorts too and couldn't give a flying fart what anyone might think if they did happen to notice.
I guess I've been doing it too many years because I honestly feel revolted when my legs get hairy.
Kim

tightsgirl
03-14-2007, 01:31 PM

Lovies,
Stephenie

Agreed and very well put. I shave all year round and I wear tights all year round. that should be no big deal in most places but in Las Vegas thats dedication:rofl:

JeanneF
03-14-2007, 01:38 PM
I guess I've been doing it too many years because I honestly feel revolted when my legs get hairy.

Same here. Keep them shaved and get a good tan. Then if anyone makes a comment, just say "well, I don't want to look like a Neanderthal". :)

Lissa Stevens
03-14-2007, 02:10 PM
Unlike the rest of the people that posted, besides Michelle, I'm going to answer your question. I'm like you, I choose not to shave my legs year round, I would just rather not do it for my own personal reasons, I only shave during the winter. But for some reason people aren't ok with that, they absolutely have to insist that we non shavers do it year round anyway.

I don't think any of us are telling you that you have to or even should shave year round. All we are saying if you want to, go for it. At first I am sure most of us worried what our friends would say and think, but we finally decided we had to live for ourselves. It is totally up to the individual what they do and how far they take things. There are a lot of things some of you do that I don't and won't, and that's my choice.

Jodi
03-14-2007, 06:26 PM
I have kept my legs shaved for the last 8 years. I wear shorts in the summertime. I coach teen athletes, both boys and girls, and none of them have ever noted or made any comments about by smooth legs. Some of the girls have noticed my fingernails, and I explained that I get frequent manicures. Why? Because I am worth it.

Several years ago, one neanderthal did make a sarcastic comment about my legs in front of others. I gave him a sarcastic grin, and emphatically stated that any medical conditions that I have are noone elses business. He crawled away embarrassed with his tail between his legs.

Jodi

Wenda
03-14-2007, 07:24 PM
Hardly anybody cares. Check it out yourself! If you really make a point of checking male legs on joggers, weight lifters, etc, etc. you will realize that most of them are shaved. I shave them every day, never apologize, never explain, never have to. w.

SandyR
03-14-2007, 07:36 PM
No way, not gonna do it.....I agree with Kimberly, who gives a flying....... Really no one cares. I have had a couple of our neibors notice, but they really did not care or said anything.

Lifes to short, go ahead be free and shave!

Huggs....

SandyR

Wendy me
03-14-2007, 08:16 PM
that whole can't shave thing is silly i shave all year yes some notice and i never got a negative thing from anyone....and i hang out with red necks and bikers... go hairy no way.....

Melinda G
03-14-2007, 09:46 PM
even the rugby players shave their legs.

Yeah. Yeah, that's it. I'm a rugby player.:D

Tina Dixon
03-14-2007, 10:19 PM
Heck mine are hairy now because I'm lasy to shave them.

christiecd
03-14-2007, 10:26 PM
I shave my legs and I know others who shave theirs as well (who are not crossdressers, as far as I know haha). I really don't think there's the social stigma anymore, or at least as much as it used to be. I would think that most mature adults wouldn't make a snide comment about it.

Angie G
03-15-2007, 12:16 AM
My leg hair is not that thick sonot shaving isn't that bad not doing my underarm now either :hugs:
Angie

JC
03-15-2007, 03:22 AM
i shaved this winter for the first time. i am now letting the hair grow back. i am not yet ready for any questions and i do not wish for my wife's family to ask her -- so i will have hairly legs for a few months. black tights covered before and will do so again.

jc

SherylynJade
03-15-2007, 03:23 AM
I'm actually debating if I'm going to keep shaving my legs all summer or not. I don't wear shorts that much, and the only time I will wear them will be out to the apartment's pool. I don't know that many people here, so I don't think it should be a problem. :happy:

Suzie S.
03-15-2007, 04:22 AM
Hi Bobbi Jo! I just stopped shaving mine last week. Will start again beginning in November. Sure, I'd rather have smooth legs, but it's one of the few requests my accepting wife asks of me. It's the least I can do to respect her wishes. At least I can be shaved for 5 of the 12 months. :hugs:

Wendy me
03-15-2007, 04:35 AM
Heck mine are hairy now because I'm lasy to shave them.

yucky just yucky.....:tongueout

Marcie Sexton
03-15-2007, 06:08 AM
Stop shaving...Nope, no, aint happenin...

I really don't have to worrry much though, since I had gastric bypass surgery, my body uses, but does not absorbe a lot of B12, so the hair on my body becomes brittle and breaks off at skin level, I just get rid of the stubble...

loki_uk
03-15-2007, 06:18 AM
Nice to know I'm not the only one with hairy legs, but thankfully I've got fine hair that isn't so hard to hide

Having hairy arms is more a problem though, it really does leave you with limited clothing options unless you're really not bothered about looking like a bloke in a dress

Phyliss
03-15-2007, 08:30 AM
Not being "leg shaver" any more, I get waxed every seven weeks, I figure why not keep them hairless year round. They're my legs and I'll treat them the way I wish.
I don't usually wear shorts in the summer anyway so I don't really worry about it much.
Considering also that due some circulation problems I've had, they look a bit darkened in some areas, so they really aren't "pretty" to look at, therefore the few times a summer I do wear a swim suit or shorts most people don't even bother to look at my legs for a long time. Haven't had a single comment the few times I worn anything other than long pants.

Bobbie Jo
03-15-2007, 09:13 AM
Wow, i surely didn't know how many people, just couldn't answer my question. Well i asked, if anyone wears two pair of pantyhose in the summer,or do they have another way around it? This is because i do want to grow my hair back in the summer. Well, where i live witch ain't Vegas or California or even the UK. This is Floyd,County,Virginia. Were so much back in the country here that there's only one traffic signal in the whole county. People here are so different, and this is real redneck country.I sure don't know what kind of rednecks Wendy hangs out with,mabey their from Atlanta or mabey Miami. lol...I would like to thank Casey Morgan, even though Bedford is only 70 miles away, you said, you have to be carefull when you visit your sister there. At least you know somewhat how the people are around here,but it still ain't Floyd.
I love this part of the country and i'am running my own life.I just wished Stephenie S would have answered my question instead of just giving her opinion,and that's all it was. Stephenie i did ask to be nice now ,in my first thread but i guess you weren't listening.You said, would i know if someone i knew if they shaved their legs? You said, NO,but let me tell you,HELL YEAH I WOULD.And let me ask you,how the hell would know how everybody would think about me shaving my legs?huh.. What ,do you go out dressed everyday?What kind of people do you hang with? I don't even see a pic of you up here.What are you worried about, what people would think? GIVE ME A BREAK..:tongueout
I really would like to thank the girls that did answer my question.

Jill,good answer,to quote you "But for some people, aren't ok with shaving year round". May i comment on your legs Jill, "Very Sweet" you go girl.
Melinda G,that was one of the answers i was looking for. Thanks.
Ms Janessa, your rite, it is my life and i want to thank you.
Michelle NY, and JC, thanks for everything, good answers..
Loki UK, GOOD ONE!!, BLOKE IN A DRESS...LOL

I did want to thank everyone even though i didn't mention you.Well except for the narrow minded girls.
You know i did want to write these threads because i wanted to try to belong here,but if i'm going to get jerks just telling me stupid crap,i don't know if i want to post anything anymore or mabey i just don't want to belong.
So here's a question,"What do ya'll think about that?"

JoAnnDallas
03-15-2007, 09:36 AM
I shave my legs, chest, arms, and underarms every week. Not even my wife has said anything at all.

Casey Morgan
03-15-2007, 12:01 PM
You know i did want to write these threads because i wanted to try to belong here,but if i'm going to get jerks just telling me stupid crap,i don't know if i want to post anything anymore or mabey i just don't want to belong.
So here's a question,"What do ya'll think about that?"

I think it would be a shame if you left or even just stopped posting because of what's happened. Sometimes (and I know I'm guilty of this too) people pick up on one part of a post and forget about the part the OP is most concerned with.

I realize my answer sounds like something from the tights category but they're shearer than tights. Depending on your leg hair it might give you the same effect as two pair of pantyhose while only having to worry about one.

I also realize the first sentence of my second paragraph (original reply) can be taken a few ways. I didn't mean it in a negative way. I'm sorry.

Getting off-topic a bit, Bedford can be iffy but we've been to a few places where we've come across the type of people you're talking about. Sort of like "the 1800s called and they miss you". But yeah, I'm sure living there is quite different than just running across a few folks.

Lovely Rita
03-23-2007, 12:15 PM
Today men are virtually hairless, metrosexual and all that. So for many of us it is not a factor.
Layers of hose is the best solution I think if you can't shave.

Debbi
03-23-2007, 01:16 PM
I agree on all the replies about just keeping them smooth year round. HOWEVER, if you can't for whatever reason, check HotlegsUSA (http://www.HotLegsUSA.com).com they sell the good quality pantyhose/tights that the hooters girls wear. With all the different skin tone colors. The prices are good too.

fun4metoo2004
03-23-2007, 06:20 PM
I keep my legs, underarms, chest clean shaven. I try to get waxed at least every three months.

Hey Girls,
Well it's getting to be that time of the year that most of us have to stop shaving their legs,at least i think so. I do wear shorts all summer long and to be hairless wouldn't go over to good with my buds or anyone i hang with.
I do love the feel of a new pair of pantyhose over my freshly shaved legs, but this time of the year it's just not possable.
I do love to get all dressed up at anytime so,if i'm going to wear a dress or skirt i will put on two pair of pantyhose over my hairy legs. It really works good, you can't even see the hair.
I was really wondering how many of you girls do this,or is there some other way around it?
I will let you girls know that "suntan" color pantyhose are my favorite,so black or tights probably wouldn't work with me.
Thanks ya'll.. please be nice now............

crusadergirl
03-24-2007, 01:40 AM
Shaving my legs is easy for me i have been doing it for along time i just don't like having hair on my legs are arms. For you do what you feel is right. What is someone going to say if they see you have no hair on your legs. They never say anything to me they just stare at me. I was asked one time my i shaved my legs but back then i just didn't have any notice able hair. So does it matter what they think no.

Ammdi
03-24-2007, 08:54 AM
I've been a shaver for years. No one cares, no one has ever said anything about it to me. Just do it. It feels great, and it's very liberating.

ErikaLeigh
03-24-2007, 09:35 AM
Well I tried the 2 pairs of pantyhose thing, and the hair that WAS on my legs was too dark and thick and it still would show through. I tried it with black hose, and it was better, but not good enough. This summer will be my first without letting my hair grow back. My wife knows about Erika now, and although she isnt happy about my hairless legs, she is kinda used to it now. I have been going out in shorts with her and like the other ladies said here, nobody seems to care, or doesnt say anything. Although I will be wearing pants around some of my friends cuz I know how they are.

occdresser
03-24-2007, 09:38 AM
Hey Girls,
I will let you girls know that "suntan" color pantyhose are my favorite,so black or tights probably wouldn't work with me. Thanks ya'll.. please be nice now............
I never thought black tights would work for me either, until I bought a pair 2 days ago, they work for me:D