PDA

View Full Version : Had a Killer day!

TxKimberly
03-14-2007, 07:03 PM
Today is the first day I have ever spent 100% in girl mode. If you read my "I checked into the hotel" thread you know how it started.
I spent between three and four hours driving from North Carolina to Richmond VA dressed. When I got there I checked into the hotel that way. I was scared to death but it was a non-event for the clerk. I'd guess I wasn't her first as she didn't bat an eye.
I then decided I was feeling so confident that I would go out and get some foundation powder that I am running very low on. I started at Wal-mart and they didn't have anything that was exactly the shade of the cover girl I use. I've had this powder for so long the label is gone so there is no way to after the specific product by name. Then I went to Target and also struck out. Then I went Sallys Beauty Supply where a young lady was very friendly and helpful but also couldn't find a shade that was exactly what I need.
Lest I make this sound like a breeze and a walk in the park, I should state that I was very nervous during all of these visits and interactions. I paid attention and as far as I could tell not one person gave me a double take.
Ended the night by going to a club where there was supposed to be a good restaurant and club but was a little disappointed. Came back to the hotel and decided to share with y'all!
Sigh . . .now the hard part. Taking it all off and being ugly old Matt again.

Kim. . . Matt. . .what ever. . .

Wenda
03-14-2007, 07:20 PM
Sounds like a high water-mark day! If that is you in your avatar, I would have said, 'Thank you, Miss!" Chill out. You look great! The heiress to Karen Hutton, if she ever retires. w.

Amy Hepker
03-14-2007, 07:25 PM
Sounds like a fun time. Now did you think of what it's like to dress 24/7 everyday, doing everything as a female. How did you feel when stared at by guys???

TxKimberly
03-14-2007, 07:30 PM
Sounds like a fun time. Now did you think of what it's like to dress 24/7 everyday, doing everything as a female. How did you feel when stared at by guys???

I wasn't stared at by the guys or anyone else, and that is exactly the way I wanted it. Of course we want to be thought of as pretty, but TOO much attention is a bad thing for my confidence and nerves!
Kim

Kristen Marie
03-14-2007, 07:32 PM
Kim....first, your new look is great! The makeover shots are terrific.

With that said, I almost went out last night, but at least then there was safety in numbers as I was with several ladies. To go solo on business must be unbelievable. You have more courage than I do....but I know you'll be doing it again.

Thanks for sharing with us. This keeps giving me more encouragement to take those steps!!!

tifftg
03-14-2007, 07:40 PM
Wow, what a terrific day. While the nerves may have been on the frazzly side, I am sure it felt so good to do normal girl things. Your new avatar is just so cute and femme. you go girl.

tiffany

NatalieGirl
03-14-2007, 07:40 PM
Way to go, Kim! Your new avatar pic is lovely and I am so happy you had a great en femme.

I need to treat myself to a full day, or perhaps even an entire weekend, as a lady.

Holly
03-14-2007, 07:41 PM
Wait... what's that sound I hear? Huh? Oh, it's Kim's confidence growing. I'm proud of you sweetie!

Charleen
03-14-2007, 07:41 PM
To coin a phrase- Go Girl!!!!!!!

TxKimberly
03-14-2007, 07:44 PM
Kim....first, your new look is great! The makeover shots are terrific.

With that said, I almost went out last night, but at least then there was safety in numbers as I was with several ladies. To go solo on business must be unbelievable. You have more courage than I do....but I know you'll be doing it again.

Thanks for sharing with us. This keeps giving me more encouragement to take those steps!!!

Thanks for the kind words - I love the look my makeover gave me and am working on duplicating it for myself! lol

As you say, here is safety in numbers. There is also someone to talk to in numbers. lol
So far, in the last 6 months I've been able to meet with other girls, and even groups of girls, about half a dozen times, and I had a ball. New people totalk to. New stories to hear, and the stories I tell are new to them.
It's kind of hit or miss. As I am traveling for work, I am typically out on nights when most good Tgirls are home sleeping before work. On the weekend when most of you would head out, I'm home reading "The poky puppy" and "green eggs and ham" to my daughter. lol
It means sometimes I am fortunate and meet other tgirls to talk to, and sometimes (like tonight) I end up in a club with a bunch of gay men looking at me with either disgust or desire in their eyes - and I find neither one something I want to be on the receiving end of.
SO! Not ALL fun and games, but all in all I'm having fun, so what the hell. . .

. . .While the nerves may have been on the frazzly side, I am sure it felt so good to do normal girl things. . .
tiffany

Bingo! That was the neatest part about today! It was a normal girl type day! I didn't spend it drinking in a smoky bar - I was out in the world and it was beautiful!

Kim

S. Lisa Smith
03-14-2007, 07:45 PM
I'm not surprised that no one made a comment, you look wonderful!

michelleupnorth
03-14-2007, 07:47 PM
Hi Kim, first off hello to you, you look beautiful. I do have a question though. I'm not so much afraid of going out, I'm more afraid of my man voice. Did you talk like you normally would or did you take voice lessons or did you try to talk in a more feminine voice? I'm proud of you and I'll be going out very soon.

Jacqui
03-14-2007, 07:49 PM
I wasn't stared at by the guys or anyone else...
Kim

This is the only part of your story that I don't believe!
If I, en mano, saw you, I would think to myself, "There goes one beautiful woman!"

One question, Kim, how have you been managing your voice?

Jacqui

TxKimberly
03-14-2007, 08:00 PM
Hi Kim, first off hello to you, you look beautiful. I do have a question though. I'm not so much afraid of going out, I'm more afraid of my man voice. Did you talk like you normally would or did you take voice lessons or did you try to talk in a more feminine voice? I'm proud of you and I'll be going out very soon.

Sorry girls,

I don't have an answer that will solve anyone's problem, including my own. I do not, and can not, sound like a woman. I do what I can. You hear it over and over, it's in the tone of your voice. I don't try and use a falsetto because I've heard too many Tgirls sounding like Mickey Mouse, but I do try to speak softly and with out the bass. Probably unlike Karen, I also try to avoid situations where I HAVE to talk for the most part.
Kim

TxKimberly
03-14-2007, 08:25 PM
I was PAID for it! It was a travel day for me to get to my customer so the wonderful time I had was on the clock! It just doesn't get any gooder 'an that!
Kim :D

Jodi
03-14-2007, 08:33 PM
Kim, As for getting new loose powder. May I recommend that you get a good transluscent powder. It actually has no color. It picks up the color of your foundation. So--will work with any shade of foundation.

Jodi

DawnL
03-14-2007, 08:36 PM
I second this. With the new look, or even with the old one, I think you just didn't notice them looking

Karren H
03-14-2007, 09:08 PM
I was PAID for it! It was a travel day for me to get to my customer so the wonderful time I had was on the clock! It just doesn't get any gooder 'an that!
Kim :D

I know that feeling all to well.....Crossdressing on an expense account is a wonderful "firnge" benifit!!! Really on the fringe....

What a great day....lucky girl!!!! Grrrrrrrr. I have no business trips on the horizon.... Well two, one to Denver who knows when and a really really long shot to Australia.... hate those 14 hour flights... lol

Love Karren

Michelia
03-14-2007, 09:15 PM
Kimberly-

You look fabulous. I am so happy for you. What an experience.

Michelia

SandyR
03-14-2007, 10:54 PM
Kim,

I just had had fun reading the posts you put up today. Sounds like a wonderful day! Thanks so much for sharing!

Big hug.......

SandyR

vbcdgrl
03-14-2007, 11:05 PM
Hi, Kim! Glad you had such a fun femme outing. Seems more of us are getting out.
Coincidentally, I picked today to make my first en femme trip to Wal-Mart. Turned out to be great adventure! I really had fun "shopping" in the women's and lingerie departments. I got a black cami and 2 cute tops, one of which is Kelly green for St. Patti's day. Also got a new purse and some pink flip flops. And, unlike yourself, I did find the CG product I needed, #140 liquid makeup.
I picked up several non-CD related items, too
I didn't keep very good track of the tab I was rolling up. When I got to the register, I found the total was quite a bit more than I had brought in cash. No problem, I used my debit card.
As far as I know, I passed! Wow, what a high!

Vikki

Timberley
03-14-2007, 11:21 PM
Congrats Kim on a wonderful, expense paid day!
Love the new doo!

:0)

Angie G
03-15-2007, 12:08 AM
Glad you had a great day Kim your looking great hun :hugs:
Angie

boygirl
03-15-2007, 06:41 AM
Congrats kimmy-
I love how you look, you are very lovely
is it ok, if i add you to yahoo chat?

Chrissy

SherriePall
03-15-2007, 06:49 AM
Kim -- Way to go, girl. You already know it, but I love your new avatar pic (loved your make-over shots). Glad you had a great time en femme. However, I join the others who doubt no guy snuck an admiring peak at you.

MsJanessa
03-15-2007, 07:58 AM
Sorry girls,

I don't have an answer that will solve anyone's problem, including my own. I do not, and can not, sound like a woman. I do what I can. You hear it over and over, it's in the tone of your voice. I don't try and use a falsetto because I've heard too many Tgirls sounding like Mickey Mouse, but I do try to speak softly and with out the bass. Probably unlike Karen, I also try to avoid situations where I HAVE to talk for the most part.
Kim

speak softly and end each sentance as a question---even when it's not---won't convince everybody but does seem to help

KimberlyS
03-15-2007, 12:55 PM
Kim, I am glad that you had an enjoyable day and great new avatar.

...That was the neatest part about today! It was a normal girl type day! I didn't spend it drinking in a smoky bar - I was out in the world and it was beautiful!

I agree with you that this is the best part about being out and just doing everyday things like shopping, just wandering about the mall or some place else, or going out to eat. And I agree it is more fun with someone else, but most of my outings have been by myself.

Congratulations for reaching a point in your comfort level that you can just go out and be.

Was it as hard and scary to do as you thought it would be?
Did doing this out of town make it easier to do?

KimberlyS-CD
Joe in a skirt

DonnaT
03-15-2007, 01:19 PM
Ended the night by going to a club where there was supposed to be a good restaurant and club but was a little disappointed.
Wasn't Godfrey's was it?
They haven't updated their webpage to show that they no longer serve dinner and stuff. One of the T-girls that works the door told me the chef quit, and the owner doesn't appear to be looking for another.

As for powder, You might try a Prescritive's counter in Macy's. Look at the Magik line of translucent powders. Expensive, but good stuff.

MsEva
03-19-2007, 01:11 PM
Kim I am not sure what I am more impressed with....the freedom to go out and live your life as the girl you are at heart...
Or...that you want to read stories to your dear daughter. You are a girl after my own heart....

That being said..my daughter is now 16! No more Green Eggs and Ham sadly.

Kitty Sue
03-19-2007, 01:15 PM
Hav u ever had a bad day dressed? It sounds like even your crazy days such as when your truck got stuck turned out into a good one. You truly are an inspiration. Thanks!

Lovely Rita
03-22-2007, 11:43 AM
Wonderful. Killer day indeed.

Glenda58
03-22-2007, 07:38 PM
Kim you really did come out after we met. Doing things that girls do all day and the more you go out the easier it will become. Glad you are having fun and you look so good with the new makeover no wonder no one good twice. Keep it going dear.

Suzie S.
03-23-2007, 04:16 AM
Sounds like a great day Kim, and on company time to boot!!! :D

GinaVegas
03-23-2007, 08:04 AM
Looks like you had fun Kim!