PDA

View Full Version : good day...disappointing day

Dana Jones
03-14-2007, 08:28 PM
Well the wife is away so Dana can play. I hit the malls in drab today. I bought Black Jeans at New York and CO. for $5. I also bought a satin cami for $5 there. I then went to the dug store and bought eye makeup remover and 2 colors of nail polish. Ten little toes in for a treat tonight!! Then to Payless. Bought my first ballet flats. Got them in a tiger print. The sales girl had me try them on and try a few pair. She liked these the best on me. Very cool!!. So off I drove home so happy. Got home and checked my email. Someone was looking to dress up with someone. So I responded. She wanted to see pictures. I Sent her some pics and got a reply. She said I wasn't pretty enough!! She didn't want to be out with someone who would stand out. I thought I looked ok. I feel a little down now. The air has been let out of my sail for a bit. Oh well just wanted a shoulder to cry on. I'm done. I have an appointment to have some makeup done on Saturday. Can't wait. Dana

TxKimberly
03-14-2007, 08:39 PM
Well the wife is away so Dana can play. I hit the malls in drab today. I bought Black Jeans at New York and CO. for $5. I also bought a satin cami for $5 there. I then went to the dug store and bought eye makeup remover and 2 colors of nail polish. Ten little toes in for a treat tonight!! Then to Payless. Bought my first ballet flats. Got them in a tiger print. The sales girl had me try them on and try a few pair. She liked these the best on me. Very cool!!. So off I drove home so happy. Got home and checked my email. Someone was looking to dress up with someone. So I responded. She wanted to see pictures. I Sent her some pics and got a reply. She said I wasn't pretty enough!! She didn't want to be out with someone who would stand out. I thought I looked ok. I feel a little down now. The air has been let out of my sail for a bit. Oh well just wanted a shoulder to cry on. I'm done. I have an appointment to have some makeup done on Saturday. Can't wait. Dana

First of all she was wrong, you ARE pretty! Next, at the risk of sounding like a mother from a 50's TV show, pretty is a lot more than the way you look. It's about the person, WHO you are. The individual that was so heartless as say that to another human being is about as far from "pretty" as you can get. The good news? Like everything else in life, there is always going to be someone better out there (for me it's Karen Hutton), and someday the girl that told you that is going to BE told that.
Clearly not the kind of person you want to hang with so move on.
Hugs!
Kim

KarenSusan
03-14-2007, 08:39 PM
Don't let it get you down, Dana. You're very pretty. If we lived closer, I'd dress with you.

chrissycox99
03-14-2007, 08:41 PM
Don't let them get you down Dana!
You look very pretty to me!
They probably just chickened out, and had to make up an excuse that didn't make them look like a wimp.
You are as pretty as you feel. Don't let someone else make you feel not pretty.
Sounds like you got some good deals, I need to find some like that!

Phoebe Reece
03-14-2007, 10:46 PM
Dana, maybe this person was looking for someone to do more than just dress up and go out. The "pretty" requirement might not really have had anything to do with going out..... In any case, the guy is obviously a jerk and you are better off keeping your distance.

NatalieGirl
03-14-2007, 11:31 PM
Dana, I'm really sorry to hear about that jerk. I think you are very lovelyh and I will go out as girlfriends with you any time.

XOXOXOXOXO

Natalie

Alice B
03-14-2007, 11:49 PM
You look fine! Don't let someone else play agmes with your mind. It is highly possible that that person was interested in a bit more than just going out together.:love:

SandyR
03-14-2007, 11:58 PM
Dana,

You look great! Sometimes things or people get in our way of having fun! Don't let it bring you down. CD'ing is about expresion, and having fun! I think you bring both to the plate!

Huggs.....

SandyR

marie354
03-15-2007, 12:02 AM
You're a good looking girl! Don't let someone get you down like that. They obviously have poor taste.

Angie G
03-15-2007, 12:02 AM
Jerk is not the word for him being a lady I can't say what that word is .
You are beautiful abd don't let anyone say your not you get 2 :hugs: :hugs:
Angie

krisla
03-15-2007, 12:14 AM
Dana,

I think you look very cute. Some girls r too judgmental, or to put it another way insensitive bitches.

Dress on

Krisla

kerrianna
03-15-2007, 12:50 AM
:hugs: That sounds like a wonderful day you had Dana - don't let someone you don't even know spoil it for you. I wish I looked half as pretty as you. :love:

Have fun spoiling yourself - you deserve it girl. Hope you have a great make-up session on Saturday. Maybe you could post some pics after so we can see you lookin' and feelin' radiant! :hugs:

You have a great attitude Dana. Go get 'em tiger. :heehee: (I've never seen ballet flats in a tiger print - those sound awesome!)

Joy Carter
03-15-2007, 12:51 AM
Dana she's one small person if she said that. :2c:

RobertaFermina
03-15-2007, 01:17 AM
Dana,

For some of us, Cross-Dressing is an Olympic Sport, with scores to keep and medals to win; Human Grace and Kindness are praised, though never factored into the scores for Technical Merit or Artistic Expression. The winners can prove that others once judged them beautiful, or fashionable, or witty.

For others this is a long, sometimes dangerous, journey made brighter and sweeter by thoughtful companions. Grace, loyalty, and humor are among the things that really matter. The radiance born of human virtue outshines any medal, and nourishes relationships that prove that others found you beautiful beyond fashion or wit, and invest their faith with you that they will rediscover that beauty again and again as the journey continues.

From your gratitude for the simple joy in finding modest treasures while shopping, from your willingness to share your tenderness, from your courage to let it all go and move on to a new source of joy, I know your company would inspire me, and lighten my outlook and journey.

You're a Peach!

:hugs: Roberta :hugs:

RachelDenise
03-15-2007, 04:53 AM
Dana, the comment reflected a bad choice on his part, not about you. You're very attractive. Men are fickle (as you have found out) and he might have been looking for someone who is very different from someone he usually sees. You just didn't fit the bill.

Marcie Sexton
03-15-2007, 06:35 AM
You look fine to me, I too would gladly go out with you...althought it might look like the mutt and jeff show...unless you're tall...

as most of the girls will tell you and as my wife tells me...its all about attitude and confidence...while I'm not knocking any one when I say this, cause my wife fits in to the same catagory, even a plain jane is beautiful...trust me my wife is just that..."plain beautiful"

Holly
03-15-2007, 08:19 AM
Dana, they say beauty is in the eye of the beholder. The person who made that comment to you is obviously blind. Continue to find satisfaction in being yourself. You need no one else to validate you as a person. And for the record, I would be overjoyed to share shopping, a meal, and a ton of girl talk with you!

Sharon
03-15-2007, 10:26 AM
I think a more appropriate title for you thread is Good Day...Good Day.

The person who said no is obviously very shallow(not to mention that she's suffering from poor eyesight!) and would not have made for a good friend. You had a good day all around because her nastiness saved you from having to spend time with her.

MsJanessa
03-15-2007, 11:41 AM
Don't even think twice about it darling----the internet is full of jerks who will e-mail anybody and say anything----I suspect that the person who you were communicating with had no real intention of going out dressed at all---may not have even been a T-Girl---I've had people send Me photos saying it was them when I had seen the same photo on other websites where I knew it wasn't them---I think youre pretty and if you ever get to Maine, send Me an e-mail and we will go out.---btw I'm always skeptical when someone say "send me pics" I suspect them of being a wannebe who just wants to make love to his hand.

DonnaT
03-15-2007, 02:39 PM
You know, some people like to put down others just so they can feel better about themselves. They're not worth the worry.

Amy Hepker
03-15-2007, 02:42 PM
From what I can see in the Avatar, I see nothing wrong with the way you look. I would go places with you.

Di
03-15-2007, 02:42 PM
I liked what Sharon said...and very true...you still had a good day.....no one needs to be around such a negative person......and they most def are an ugly person....ugly on the inside...thats for sure:Angry3:

Dana Jones
03-15-2007, 08:52 PM
Thanks to all my wonderful supportive friends. I will need alot more make up to vover this big head I now have and the huge smile that starts way down in my heart. I feel like I have finally connected with others. After being alone in my own world I now have friends. Please feel free to email me anytime I would love to hear of eveyones experiences both good and bad. I have big shoulders if you need one. All my heartfelt thanks. Dana

Lovely Rita
03-23-2007, 12:03 PM
don't even waste your time with a comment from some one so insensitive. By the way you look great!!!!!!