PDA

View Full Version : FTM Question only Please :) What type of dresser are you?

Tamara Croft
03-15-2007, 06:46 AM
FTM Question only please.

What type of dresser are you?

What I mean is, what type of clothing do you like, what don't you like, what wouldn't you be seen dead in lol ??? Whats you're favourite type of clothing/shoes?

The reason I ask, is, I notice a lot of the MTF's (sorry gurls lol) tend to be extremely girly ;) They really go to town on making themselves feminine, skirts, make-up, you know - the way a lady 'should dress' ;) and I wondered if this was the same for FTM's?

One more question :D I have some new trainers, (I love trainers, have loads of pairs lol) and I wondered what you think of them and if these are something a man/lad would wear?

http://www.tamaracroft.co.uk/Private/1165%2520PURP%2520ZEB.jpg

Kieron Andrew
03-15-2007, 07:03 AM
ok first of all they are girly trainers and i wouldnt be seen dead in them let alone alive lol........

ok what kind of dresser am i?

By day im quite a casual dresser, by that i mean combats, jeans, t-shirts.....maybe casual shirts,

By night im a smart dresser, smart shirts, dress trousers, ties....

oh and i wouldnt be seen dead in anything that could be taken as girl's wear!

John
03-15-2007, 07:32 AM
Wow, those are one awesome pair of trainers:eek: !! I think I'm in love...:D

Well, during the day I tend to where the first cleen thing I pick off the floor (what can I say? I'm a student).

If I actually have to look decent, then usually a casual shirt (though my fave at the mo is a chocolate 70's style shirt with patens in white stiching). And geans. Always geans. (mostly because trousers give away the hips).

I don't mind dressing a bit girly in the day, like wereing a top that I had back in my 'girly' faze (as long as it hides the chest. Evill chest.... sorry, I'm going though a fase of extream brest-hate) But then 0% of my clothes are, or ever were, pink. Mostly they're black. I always paint my nails (black!) and usually were eyeliner when I go out of an evening. But then half the guys in the croud I go out with do that as well (I hang out with the uni's rock & trash sociaty) so I don't see that as girly per say.

pocoyo
03-15-2007, 07:44 AM
FTM Question only please.

What type of dresser are you?

What I mean is, what type of clothing do you like, what don't you like, what wouldn't you be seen dead in lol ??? Whats you're favourite type of clothing/shoes?

The reason I ask, is, I notice a lot of the MTF's (sorry gurls lol) tend to be extremely girly ;) They really go to town on making themselves feminine, skirts, make-up, you know - the way a lady 'should dress' ;) and I wondered if this was the same for FTM's?

One more question :D I have some new trainers, (I love trainers, have loads of pairs lol) and I wondered what you think of them and if these are something a man/lad would wear?

Hehe I have a confession.... I have those trainers... in a MUCH less girly colour-scheme haha! Mine are black with a couple of white flashes.

I wouldn't wear those type of trainers if I didn't feel vertically-challenged though. I just buy the tallest trainers I can buy and then hide them under long trousers haha.
Also the weight of them makes me feel more balanced sometimes when I'm feeling dizzy.
Another reason is that I feel out of proportion sometimes and I think having bigger shoes makes me more in proportion... when I get less curvy/more male shaped I will wear flat shoes more often.

Lots of goth/emo/rock guys do like those kind of shoes :happy:

My clothing style? Ranges from casual dude to rock star dude wooo!

(And occasionally rock chick.... makes my mum happy lol).

Evert
03-15-2007, 09:29 AM
I dislike: trainers, purple and zebra stripes.. I won't say ANYTHING about the shoes.

I mostly wear a tshirt, tanktop underneath, armytrousers from the 'Dump' and heavy armyboots. :D

When I want to look fresh and stunning I prefer a tshirt with a loose open shirt over it and a pair of baggy jeans. :D

CaptLex
03-15-2007, 09:54 AM
What type of dresser are you? What I mean is, what type of clothing do you like, what don't you like, what wouldn't you be seen dead in lol ??? Whats you're favourite type of clothing/shoes?

So basically you're asking if we like to be sharp, gentlemanly dressers or more casual? Or is it more a distinction between dressing more masculine as opposed to unisex or gender-neutral? Never mind my own questions - I think I'm just over-analyzing the question. :p

Okay, so . . . my turn: for work, parties or dining out I like to dress up a bit - shirt, tie, blazer, nice shoes, belt, etc. And good grooming is essential (I know, it's probably the girl in me): nice hair, shaven (or at least trimmed facial hair) and nice-looking nails (clean, no rough edges, raggedy cuticles, etc.).

For casual occasions like the movies, hanging with the boys, and just regular weekend adventures, I go more casual and relaxed: jeans, boots or sneaks, t-shirts (usually with an open shirt over it) or polo shirts, and maybe a baseball cap. And good grooming still applies here, but I don't always shave.

http://www.tamaracroft.co.uk/Private/1165%2520PURP%2520ZEB.jpg
I like 'em - they're a little too girly for me now, but I would have probably worn them when I was in my gender-neutral phase - although I'm sure I would have gone with blue instead of purple (almost everything I own is blue). :D

Evert
03-15-2007, 09:58 AM
For casual occasions ... t-shirts (usually with an open shirt over it) ...

For you that's casual, for me it's my decent look. Lol. :lol2:

Kieron Andrew
03-15-2007, 09:58 AM
(almost everything I own is blue). :Dditto.....blue, black, grey, green

CaptLex
03-15-2007, 10:13 AM
For you that's casual, for me it's my decent look. Lol. :lol2:
It's actually my favorite look - but I also like to do the GQ look sometimes. It's the gay boy in me - I imagine all the boys checking me out. ;)

Evert
03-15-2007, 10:21 AM
I also love costumes (not suits) and hats! :D

I steal my Dad's Stetson once in a while. :D

CaptLex
03-15-2007, 10:36 AM
I also love costumes (not suits) and hats! :D

I steal my Dad's Stetson once in a while. :D

Oooh . . . I'd love to see a pic of you in a Stetson! Pretty please . . . :praying:

I love hats too - especially cowboy hats and I have an Indiana Jones hat. :D

Adam
03-15-2007, 10:47 AM
i am a snore i wear shirts and jeans like all the time :D

and sorry no them shoes are nice but only if someone else is wearing them as they look like girls shoes

Evert
03-15-2007, 10:57 AM
Oooh . . . I'd love to see a pic of you in a Stetson! Pretty please . . . :praying:

I love hats too - especially cowboy hats and I have an Indiana Jones hat. :D

Alright alright! stop begging! :tongueout

It isn't a cowboy hat really... it's called a dress hat.
https://ssl-010.vianetworks.net/qualityhats/_borders/Stetson%20Downs.gif

bi_weird
03-15-2007, 11:46 AM
YAY hats!
What do I wear? Well right now I'm needling a friend who's visiting from out of town, so it's totally in your face boy with tie all the time. (I'm trying to either be sure that she's cool with my boyishness or get her to say something and start a conversation about it.) I'm past the obsessive tie thing though, and back to what's more my personality - lazy. Jeans, a t-shirt, often a button up over that to keep warm (DUDE I LOVE Michigan! Yesterday it was so warm I didn't wear a coat to class, and now there's snow on the ground!). In girl mode there's more options, with tank tops and polos and all that, but with boy clothes basically I feel the mens button up shirt is the most obviously masculine thing I can wear, so I do that. I'm dreaming of being allowed to wear a tux to a concert though. My orchestra always has guys perform in a tux or a black suit, while girls have to wear all black. Maybe someday...when I can afford a black suit...I'll try it.

CaptLex
03-15-2007, 01:49 PM
Alright alright! stop begging! :tongueout

It isn't a cowboy hat really... it's called a dress hat.
https://ssl-010.vianetworks.net/qualityhats/_borders/Stetson%20Downs.gif
I love it - but now I need to see you in it (yes, I'm still begging). :D

false_dichotomy
03-15-2007, 02:26 PM
It's actually my favorite look - but I also like to do the GQ look sometimes. It's the gay boy in me - I imagine all the boys checking me out. ;)

Haha, me too. I don't wear my pants as tight a the other guys, but when I'm going out or going to a party or something I much enjoy looking fabulous. I've always found it ironic that at pride, I usually pass better by dressing more femme than the girls there.

For just going to class or hanging around, I wear mostly jeans/khakis and a t-shirt. In colder weather I love sweaters and vests and whatnot though. I have more sweaters than is probably healthy.

Evert
03-15-2007, 02:47 PM
The picture sucks, the quality sucks and the pose sucks. You'll get a better one when I've got the time.. :p

Felix
03-15-2007, 03:00 PM
Ok as for me I like shirts I feel most comfortable in a shirt and trousers or a nice a nice pair of jeans. I like my sports stuff but lately I don't feel comfortable in my polo tee shirts. I just love and feel far more comfortable and confident in a shirt. I think I pass far more this way. I really like hoodies ya know a sweat shirt with a hood.
I wouldn't be seen dead in the trainers lol I do love my skater trainers though and my Docs xx Felix :hugs: `

CaptLex
03-15-2007, 03:24 PM
The picture sucks, the quality sucks and the pose sucks. You'll get a better one when I've got the time.. :p
Oh, Evert . . . you're so good to me . . . you posted that quickly. :kiss:

And the picture doesn't suck at all - you look good . . . so manly. :D

Evert
03-15-2007, 03:27 PM
Oh, Evert . . . you're so good to me . . . you posted that quickly. :kiss:

And the picture doesn't suck at all - you look good . . . so manly. :D

And evil :P

forgot the red eyes flash. :P

pocoyo
03-15-2007, 03:49 PM
Coool pic Evert!
I swear you are the double of this guy that came into work the other day!

Abraxas
03-15-2007, 03:51 PM
I wear nice jeans with a dress shirt most of the time. Half the time I wear a blazer too. I always dress fairly nicely, unless I'm working out or something. Occasionally I'll climb out of my tree and wear baggy jeans or something.
As for shoes, I have bunches of them but I almost always wear either ankle-high boots or black oxfords. If I wear sneakers, they're generally Converse all-stars. Low-tops usually, in either black or white.
So, something like this:

Evert
03-15-2007, 03:58 PM
Coool pic Evert!
I swear you are the double of this guy that came into work the other day!

Maybe I WAS the guy :p

pocoyo
03-15-2007, 03:59 PM
Maybe I WAS the guy :p

I did seriously wonder... I did a double-take and was staring at him like :eek:

btw abraxas you look very nice and smart there :happy:

Abraxas
03-15-2007, 04:02 PM
Cheers, matey! :D

CaptLex
03-15-2007, 04:11 PM
Abraxas, you're a handsome devil . . . in any clothes, but those clothes look really nice on you. :thumbsup:

Kieron Andrew
03-15-2007, 04:12 PM
Abraxas, you're a handsome devil . . . in any clothes, but those clothes look really nice on you. :thumbsup:
:yt: what he said!.....i actually think Abraxas is the most passable out of us all here.....now dont shoot me the other guys please!!!

Evert
03-15-2007, 04:14 PM
:yt: what he said!.....i actually think Abraxas is the most passable out of us all here.....now dont shoot me the other guys please!!!

I won't cause you're right! :yt:

CaptLex
03-15-2007, 04:19 PM
I think we have a lot of passable guys, but I won't argue that Abraxas is probably the most passable. He's at least in the top 2. :raisedeyebrow:

Evert
03-15-2007, 04:24 PM
Do have a top 2? :eek:

I think I stand no 7 :p

Abraxas
03-15-2007, 04:41 PM
:hiding:
Awww, you guys... You're all lovely, and very kind. :o

Kieron Andrew
03-15-2007, 04:42 PM
:hiding:
Awww, you guys... You're all lovely, and very kind. :o
i wasnt doing it to be kind....its how i see it!,i was being honest, ive always been envious of the way you can look so boy just like that...even when messing around with your buddies.......

Abraxas
03-15-2007, 04:48 PM
Well, thanks mate. :happy:
I've gone all shy now. :heehee:

Tamara Croft
03-15-2007, 04:53 PM
Abraxas, you're a handsome devil . . . in any clothes, but those clothes look really nice on you. :thumbsup:Not only that, but don't you think Abraxas's eyes just give you that look as if to say 'if I look at you like this, you'll give me anything' :devil:

jsoto81
03-15-2007, 05:08 PM
I guess you could say I'm a jeans and t-shirt kind of guy. But when H&M opens up here I'm gonna be shopping there quite a bit.

Abraxas
03-15-2007, 05:22 PM
Ohhh, Tamara! I wish! I've tried it; doesn't work, haha!

Dasein9
03-15-2007, 06:15 PM
Dress shirt, tie, blazer, jeans, and combat boots. The boots are WWII US Marine Corps issue and are fun to walk in. For colder weather, I have an old, threadbare-but-still-good-for-another-generation German hunting jacket. For even colder weather, a WWII Belgian army coat with brass buttons.

I usually wear a cap, either a newsboy cap or else a black and red English schoolboy cap.

I dislike trainers, but enjoy wearing Docs or those unisex all weather mocs too. Am looking into a pair of cap toe bluchers for dressier wear. Also, I wear khakis or dark trousers sometimes instead of jeans.

ZenFrost
03-15-2007, 08:45 PM
I don't like wearing any kind of shoes that gives extra height (platforms, trainers, high heels) because I don't think they're comfortable to walk in.

Generally I don't care what I wear (unless it's a special occation) and so my clothing is usually mismatched. I also wear pajama bottoms whenever I can. Otherwise, my closet is a mix between casual shirts and dress shirts, dress pants, cargo pants, and pajama pants.

John
03-18-2007, 05:52 AM
I got the most fantastick tranch coat recently. It's dark brown leather and reaches to my knees. Verry imprecive, and above all, verry manly :D

I wear that a lot.