PDA

View Full Version : walking in thigh highs

jenny_cheerleader
02-11-2005, 11:05 PM
Hey Ladies,

I have been wearing thigh highs for a long time and obviously i walk in them, but it sometimes seems like my legs are totally stiff while i am wearing them. Any ideas as to why this is, i mean i look down and i am bending my knees and walking like i normally would (with the excption of being 5" higher) any ideas

kirsti
02-12-2005, 01:46 AM
Perhapes its the way your walking with your back.
Heels put an enormouse amount of strain on the lower back,spine and pelvic region.
Another thing to consider is that a females bones are somewhat softer than of the male ,
This allows for the pelvis to expand slightly durring birth deliveries.
Try to walk with your shoulders at a good posture,and the back arched slightly,but yet stay relatively comfortable,yes I know it sounds gruelingly impossible,but after awhile youll get the walk that talks!

carolynhcd
02-12-2005, 11:49 AM
How much attention do you pay to your gait when you aren't wearing hose?

Sweet Susan
02-12-2005, 02:17 PM
are your thigh highs too small?

rachel_jean
02-12-2005, 05:20 PM
I assume you're referring to thigh high boots and not stockings?

If so, it may be the material the boots are made of.

Are they new?

I purchased a pair a few months ago, they're made of patent leather, with 5" heels and were also very stiff at first also. However, after several wearings they began to get 'broken it' in the ankles and behind the knees, mostly.

So my advice is to just wear them whenever possible and they should loosen up. Or, send them to me and I'll break them in for you. Size 9 red would be best, my pair is black;)

Rachel Jean

Julie York
02-12-2005, 06:00 PM
I think if you have 5 inch heels then your knees dont bend anyway. Try it and see with normal (HA! normal!) 5 inch heels. Honestly, I think your knees don't bend because otherwise you'd fall over.