PDA

View Full Version : Sneezing??!!

TxKimberly
03-15-2007, 08:00 PM
OK Everyone,

How the hell do you sneeze in a feminine manner? I've tried holding it in - my head exploded and stuff went every where. How the HECK do some GGs manage that cute little tiny sneeze?
I can just see myself now - out and about and thinking aI look great when "WWWHHAAAACHOOO"! I'd be outed and embarassed!
Whats the secret?
Kim

Helen in OK
03-15-2007, 08:02 PM
Kim,

I hope some one has a good technique, cause my sneeze has been compared to a bull moose.

Helen in OK

Kieron Andrew
03-15-2007, 08:02 PM
OK Everyone,

How the hell do you sneeze in a feminine manner? I've tried holding it in - my head exploded and stuff went every where. How the HECK do some GGs manage that cute little tiny sneeze?
I can just see myself now - out and about and thinking aI look great when "WWWHHAAAACHOOO"! I'd be outed and embarassed!
Whats the secret?
Kim
dont hold it in cos that causes more pressure so bigger sneeze

DanaJ
03-15-2007, 08:07 PM
Wow! Here is another one of those "Sharon" questions, a new one for the forum! And some of the GGs I know sneeze louder and more sloppy than some guys I know ;)

Kieron Andrew
03-15-2007, 08:13 PM
And some of the GGs I know sneeze louder and more sloppy than some guys I know ;)
aint that the truth lol:heehee:

renee99
03-15-2007, 09:53 PM
One thing you could try to do is practice turning each sneeze into more of a "cough" instead of an "ha-choo". And see how that sounds. It could go either way, but it is a different sound so it might work better for you.

Rachel Morley
03-15-2007, 10:06 PM
I've never had a problem with sneezing .... I just try to close my mouth and hold the air in. However, I do have a big problem with coughing. I coughed in such a manly way in the movies once (whilst en femme) that I was sure people were going to turn around and look for "that guy" only to see the crossdressed me. :o

SandyR
03-15-2007, 10:07 PM
At the state fair last year I think clocked my sneeze at over 200 MPH.......

SandyR

Stephenie S
03-15-2007, 10:13 PM
Practice, practice, practice. I have a very nice little sneeze now. But even so I occasionally let go with a big one. It's difficult after a lifetime of big sneezes to contain your sneeze, but it's true, practice makes perfect.

Lovies,
Steph

jessicanataliemonroe
03-15-2007, 10:14 PM
Kimberly:

This post makes me wish I could sneeze just to try. It's something I never thought about before.

I have noticed that as I have gotten older, I sneeze more like my father, who always seemed to 'yell' his sneezes. I used to think he just did it to get attention, but now I'm not sure if its more of an unfortunate function of my growing older, just like the hair thinning on top of my head, or the little annoying ones suddenly growing out of my ears....

dancinginthedark
03-15-2007, 10:19 PM
Wow! Here is another one of those "Sharon" questions, a new one for the forum! And some of the GGs I know sneeze louder and more sloppy than some guys I know ;)

aint that the truth lol:heehee:

ah ah chooooooooooo

Damnit Kieron you promised you wouldn't tell anyone I sneezed unladylike. :phbbt:

dancin

Karren H
03-15-2007, 10:25 PM
Guess everything is bigger in Texas, Kim? Bigger smile... Bigger sneeze... And I have the same problem.. And with a runny nose I'll blow the makeup off my upper lip!!

Karren

Kieron Andrew
03-15-2007, 10:47 PM
ah ah chooooooooooo

Damnit Kieron you promised you wouldn't tell anyone I sneezed unladylike. :phbbt:

dancin
OOPs! sowwy!!!:heehee:

TxKimberly
03-16-2007, 01:57 AM
Holy smokes! Every cross dresser in the world is apparently a comedian! Not one girl ponied up to tell me how to do it quietly! :-)
I sort of thought at least ONE of the GG's would have a suggestion. Maybe it's so secret they would have to kill me if they tell me! You want the truth - you can't handle the truth!
Damn sorry, don't know what came over me there.
Come on girls, how do I sneeze like a lady??!! Can't ask the wife, her sneeze makes me sound subtle.
Kim

cindychan
03-16-2007, 02:00 AM
I hate to burst your bubble but most women I know sneeze worse than old men:eek:

Nicole
03-16-2007, 08:35 AM
I've never had a problem with sneezing .... I just try to close my mouth and hold the air in. However, I do have a big problem with coughing. I coughed in such a manly way in the movies once (whilst en femme) that I was sure people were going to turn around and look for "that guy" only to see the crossdressed me. :o

If you cough with an *a* sound (as in ladder) in the back of your throat, it sounds more feminine that way.

Kate Simmons
03-16-2007, 09:04 AM
Just let 'er rip, Kim. No "feminine" way to do it really. Just make sure you have a tissue or one of those cute little hankies handy.:heehee:

jozee
03-16-2007, 09:57 AM
as a (good) catholic boy, i was forced to go to mass every sunday by my mother who is more catholic than the pope. my oloder brother and i were both altar boys. he was one of the pastors favorites so he usually did high mass ,with all the singing and incense etc. i have a sensitive nose, so about 5 min after they started using incense, i started to sneeze, never only once. my mom would look at my brother and they would just smile at each other. to this day, when i get a tickle in my nose, i never just sneeze once. i dont usually stop until i have sneezed 4 times, and sometimes as many as 6 times. a 'feminine' sneeze! not from this boy/girl! never!

Christina Nicole
03-16-2007, 10:05 AM
Hi Kim.

I have hay fever and since I do not want to limit my going out to just the winter, this was an issue I needed to confront. A sneeze has two parts. The obvious one is the rapid expelling of air. Trying to suppress that is difficult, painful, and unhealthy. The other part of the sneeze is the inhalation of air before the sneeze. So the secret is to not take a big breath, but to try to expel as much air from the lungs when feeling a sneeze coming on and then to not take a breath. Result, tiny less masculine sneeze. It works for me. The other plus is that the fewer tissues I need to use, the less I mess up my makeup. That's a huge secondary bonus.

Warm regards,
Christina Nicole

TxKimberly
03-16-2007, 10:25 AM
Hi Kim.

I have hay fever and since I do not want to limit my going out to just the winter, this was an issue I needed to confront. A sneeze has two parts. The obvious one is the rapid expelling of air. Trying to suppress that is difficult, painful, and unhealthy. The other part of the sneeze is the inhalation of air before the sneeze. So the secret is to not take a big breath, but to try to expel as much air from the lungs when feeling a sneeze coming on and then to not take a breath. Result, tiny less masculine sneeze. It works for me. The other plus is that the fewer tissues I need to use, the less I mess up my makeup. That's a huge secondary bonus.

Warm regards,
Christina Nicole

Great advice and thank you! So stop breathing and that solves the pesky sneezing issue! LOL Just teasing, I understand - don't take a lot of air in, and you wont have a lot of air to expell. I'll give that a shot!
Kim

Robin Leigh
03-16-2007, 10:43 AM
I get hay fever, and can cough & sneeze a bit. An antihistamine can help. I really hate it when I have to blow my nose so much that I need to reapply foundation. :o

If you know feminine voice techniques, try to use them when sneezing & coughing. As when speaking, you need to enhance the high frequency reverberations & reduce the low frequency reverberations. It is a bit harder than when speaking, because of the higher air volume & pressure, but it can be done. Sort of. :)

:hugs:

Robin

pocoyo
03-16-2007, 10:50 AM
I always wonder how some females sneeze so daintily too.

Sometimes it's cute, but half the time it's really annoying lol!
(Depending on the style lol!)
My ex boyfriend's mum used to go "Choooo" in a tiny little high voice... eeeurk!

marie354
03-16-2007, 10:53 AM
I used to have an alergy where I would sneeze and sneeze so much sometimes I started to count them... I've sneezed as many as 56 times in a row. LOL... We could never figure out what caused it. When I moved to the beach in 1982, it cleared up completely.
Now I have moved back inland again and they haven't returned... So far anyway. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Angela E.
03-16-2007, 12:11 PM
All my life everone has remarked that I sneeze like a girl. I`ve never tried to, it`s just always been like that.-Angela.:troll: :rose2: :GE: :rose2:

Jacqui
03-16-2007, 06:42 PM
I was going to get some pepper and try this, but my wife might get suspicious:

Hold a tissue over your mouth with both hands and
try using a falsetto "WWWHHAAAACHOOO"!

As opposed to using it in regular speech, you just might be able pull it off in a sneeze. Then, in your soft, wispy voice, say, "Oh, excuse me, I'm sooo embarrassed!"

Jacqui

ronna
03-16-2007, 08:19 PM
Let me tell you about sneezing, kimberly!
For one thing, I'm allergic to a lot of perfumes.
So do I sneeze into my sleeve (wait, my dress is sleeveless!), or into my hankie (where would I keep those?)

It's easy to hit the high notes but difficult to be dainty about it.

I hope that answers your question.

Sally24
03-17-2007, 07:24 AM
I too inherited my Dad's huge yelling sneeze. I have managed to stop the yelling while sneezing but have sporadic success with making it truely feminine. I do find that most of the male part is actually out the mouth instead of the nose. Women who have daintly sneezes do it all out of the nose. I've tried keep my mouth tightly shut (thats when you get the big explosion that goes everywhere!) no good. Now I'm working on directing the energy thru the nose only. I will try that exhaling thing myself. Good luck Kim!

Sally

kerrianna
03-18-2007, 11:25 PM
Jeez I missed the sneeze thread!

I'll have to practice this some more but try actually verbalizing the 'choo' part in a higher voice, like Pocs' ex's mum.

But it is healthier to let it out. A sneeze is the body's way of expelling irritants.

tightsgirl
03-18-2007, 11:29 PM
I don't worry about the sneezing its the farting, belching, and spitting that has me concerned:rofl: