PDA

View Full Version : BBC article on "the walk"

nancy58
03-15-2007, 08:29 PM
I read this article on "the walk" and "perfect" hip-to-waist ratio the other day. My apologies if someone else already posted this link:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/6444851.stm

marie354
03-15-2007, 09:33 PM
Not just the walk. But body language. It can speak volumes. A good figure helps a lot too.

Lovely Rita
03-23-2007, 12:01 PM
I think it is shorter steps that make the difference. Just one little cds opinion though.

Karren H
03-23-2007, 12:14 PM
I saw that but if you go out into the real world, women all walk soo differently.. Yaeh there's the "Hollywood sterotypical" female walk or the super model strut.. But most women don't walk like that.. They just take smaller strides, and feet closer together , and then theirs the upper body and hand movements.. Even if you can get close, and don't do the cloddy guy walk while enfemme..... You wouldn't be picked out of a crowd for just your walk... In my opinion..

Ohhh and if you want a surefire fem walk that will never ever give you away and its my favorite walk while enfemme.... It the slow walk pushing a shopping cart!!! Don't need to move nothing, just slow and easy and stop and touch all the skirts.... Damn... Haven't been shopping for 45 minutes and I'm all ready to go again!! Hehe

Karren

Kate Simmons
03-23-2007, 01:15 PM
You know how I learned to "walk"? I got into dancing. I definately dance like a woman and my hip and arm and hand movements are what really carry the illusion. That being the case, I don't even think about it when I walk as Salandra, it just comes naturally. That's how I did it anyway. ULP! Did I just give away my "trade secret"(being girlish with very little effort)? What can I say? I'm lazy.:heehee: :doll: ;)

suzy
03-23-2007, 01:24 PM
An interesting article Nancy! Thank you... Just firms up what I thought!:hugs:

Marcie Sexton
03-23-2007, 01:34 PM
Interesting stuff...but in the humble opinion of this girl, it all boils down to

*** confidence ***

Sam-antha
03-23-2007, 03:15 PM
No trouble Nancy, it is only in twice becasue it was damm good.
Here it is again, plus a few more comments from like minded people.

http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=54043

~Samm

Sally24
03-24-2007, 03:32 PM
It has been my experience that you only need a little "wiggle" or sway to look female. You don't have to move like a runway model or sex goddess to look female because most women don't move like that. What looks good is something other than your average stiff male walk. I try to move smoothly and give just a little sway to the hips. It makes me feel more female and definitely helps me blend in.

Now if I could just work on that 75% ratio!

Sally

Kerrie Sifton
03-25-2007, 01:35 AM
Today the paper mentioned an article about gay policemen in the philipines who would be disciplined if they sashayed or swung their hips while at work. So that must mean it's the swing of the hips!:hugs:

noname
03-25-2007, 01:56 AM
It's all about advertising your ***. It sound crude, but it's reality. It's how high heels went from men to women. What made them for women, easy. Because I high heal forces the breasts out and the hips to sway when they walk.