PDA

View Full Version : Contemplating an ankle tattoo

Rachel75
03-15-2007, 11:40 PM
Hi all!
I'm a newbie, but not new to crossdressing. I've been contemplating getting a tattoo on my ankle for the longest time. I just absolutely LOVE the way they look with heels or peeking out from under a pair of pants/jeans. I already have three tattoos, so I'm not concerned about its permanence or regretting it later in life or anything like that, but here is the problem. I've kept my cross dressing a secret for years and nobody knows about it. I wear shorts nearly six months a year so it will definitely show when I'm out in drab (which is 100% of the time). I want to get something personal to symbolize my femenine side, but not something overly obvious. For example, I don't want to have to explain why I have a daisy on my ankle to everyone who asks. Any thoughts on what to get...or more importantly any input as to why this is a bad decision? I'm not really into kanji, but I'm leaning towards something like that because most people won't know what it means except me, but I'd rather go a different route. Any input would be much appreciated.

Jenny Wilson
03-15-2007, 11:51 PM
I don't think kanji will look very feminine, so how would that satisfy your feminine side.

How about getting something very feminine, but cover it up with athletic socks when in drab, which won't work if you prefer to wear sandals or go barefoot when in drab.

Another option would be something unisex, such as a vine, rather than something with flowers.

Jenny

marie354
03-15-2007, 11:52 PM
"I have a daisy on my toe,
It isn't real, it does not grow.
It's just a tattoo of a flower,
So I'll look neat taking a shower."

"It's on the second toe of my left foot.
A stamen flower, but there's no root.
Because... That wouldn't look good."

-- Tom Smothers --

I want to get another tattoo too, but not too sure what to get.
I'm not too concerned about it looking feminine as much as where to get it.
A butterfly, or a rose, even Tweety would be nice... But where?
High on a shoulder blade... Just abobe my left breast... Or like you, on my right ankle.

Rachel75
03-16-2007, 12:14 AM
I don't think kanji will look very feminine, so how would that satisfy your feminine side.

How about getting something very feminine, but cover it up with athletic socks when in drab, which won't work if you prefer to wear sandals or go barefoot when in drab.

Another option would be something unisex, such as a vine, rather than something with flowers.

Jenny
I agree, kanji doesn't seem very feminine to me either, but I was toying with the idea of getting the kanji symbol for "woman" or something similar. People would just see it as a bunch of lines. They would ask me what it means and I could just say "courage" or something generic like that. I would LOVE to get some vines running up my foot to my ankle, but unfortunately I wear flips flops or low cut socks a lot and I dont want to limit myself to wearing calf length socks the rest of my life.

SandyR
03-16-2007, 12:24 AM
I have 4 tats, all on my legs. One is a pic of underdog flying over the New York sky with his Girl Polly......Its my way of feeling like a Girl. No one has every thought its was anything but cool and so me!

Huggsss......., and Kisses.

SandyR

AllieSF
03-16-2007, 12:38 AM
Rachel,

Find something you like and go for it. Most people probably won't comment on teh design, just the fact that you have a tattoo. Create a good reason for it, Like "I just always wanted one like this!" and enjopy. Maybe I will geet one too! :heehee:

marie354
03-16-2007, 01:33 AM
How about the yin-yan symbol that's part of the Crossdressers.com logo?

Rachel75
03-16-2007, 01:50 AM
How about the yin-yan symbol that's part of the Crossdressers.com logo?
I REALLY like that logo. I was unfamilliar with it until I joined this site. I'm a little uneasy about the pink, but in the short time I've been here, I've been starting to accept my lifestyle even more. I definitely wouldn't rule it out.

Rachel75
03-16-2007, 03:08 AM
Rachel,

Find something you like and go for it. Most people probably won't comment on teh design, just the fact that you have a tattoo. Create a good reason for it, Like "I just always wanted one like this!" and enjopy. Maybe I will geet one too! :heehee:
If you've ever wanted to get one, I'd highly recommend it. A word of caution though, they are HIGHLY addictive. I went in to get one...now I have three and want another. Heck yeah, it hurts, but they put something in the ink the makes you come back for more. All three of my tats have some sort of highly hidden feminine undertones, but for the next one I want to make it a little more obvious. Not too obvious, because for me cross dressing is still somewhat taboo, but I want to mark my ankle in a way that is easily identifibale by those of us in the CD community, but not so much by the rest of the world.

Sheri 4242
03-16-2007, 03:40 AM
I want to get something personal to symbolize my femenine side, but not something overly obvious. For example, I don't want to have to explain why I have a daisy on my ankle to everyone who asks. Any thoughts on what to get...or more importantly any input as to why this is a bad decision?

I'd say "go for it." I live in a very conservative city and am considered (en drab) a conservative member of the communinity. However, a few years ago I finally "did it" -- I finally got an ankle tattoo. Its a band of greenery with flowers -- and there is a break in the circle at one point with four Chinese symbols running perpendicular. The symbols stand for Inner Peace to be a Girl (or, it can also be translated to mean "feminine" or "female."). Tattoo enthusiasts love it; those who don't just glance at it and say nothing. A very few people have asked what the symbols stand for-- and since most of those who ask are NOT people who I want to know that I am a CD, I simply say it stands for "inner peace to be myself." For over four years now that answer has been sufficient!!!

I'll leave it at this: I love this tattoo b/c it is a visible expresion of who I am. (And, if anyone cops an attitude about the flowers and greenery, which one or two people have done over the years, I simply say that why shouldn't I have what I want -- after all many gg's that get ankle tats get masculine tribal symbols!!!!!!!) IMO: go for it!!!!!!!

Daintre
03-16-2007, 09:23 AM
I agree, go for it. I have a tattoo of a unicorn on my shoulder blade, it is a feminine tat and I love it very much, many people have seen it, and commented positively on it

Staci G
03-16-2007, 01:19 PM
I REALLY like that logo. I was unfamilliar with it until I joined this site. I'm a little uneasy about the pink, but in the short time I've been here, I've been starting to accept my lifestyle even more. I definitely wouldn't rule it out.

And you can do it in pink and blue I really like the idea Marie

Pantyhose_R_fun
03-16-2007, 01:54 PM
If you've ever wanted to get one, I'd highly recommend it. A word of caution though, they are HIGHLY addictive. I went in to get one...now I have three and want another.

I got my first tattoo just to be cool, then I got the next 4 becuase I really wanted more. I will eventually have both arm completely covered and both legs completely covered. Get one you will get more. As far as what to get... Get ehat you are comfortable with, you have to deal with it. I am not femme at all, but do dress when I am home alone. I have a large purple rose on my shoulder and along with other "manly tattoos". People have only said good things about the tattoo. There you go.

Rachel75
03-16-2007, 05:05 PM
Its a band of greenery with flowers -- and there is a break in the circle at one point with four Chinese symbols running perpendicular. The symbols stand for Inner Peace to be a Girl (or, it can also be translated to mean "feminine" or "female."). Tattoo enthusiasts love it; those who don't just glance at it and say nothing. A very few people have asked what the symbols stand for-- and since most of those who ask are NOT people who I want to know that I am a CD, I simply say it stands for "inner peace to be myself." For over four years now that answer has been sufficient!!!

Thanks Barbara, something like that is EXACTLY what I am looking for!

kymmieLorain
03-16-2007, 09:30 PM
Speaking from experiance tattoos are highly addictive. I started with one in 1985. know I have 4 on my right, 1 on my right foot, 2 on my left leg. My back is about 80% covered. yeah is is addicting.

that said I would say go for it. Check a tattoo shop flash for a design that catches your feminine side. and get it done. But be forwarned the ankle is a very tender area to get tattoo work on.

Kymmie

kristinacd1
03-16-2007, 10:57 PM
i would go for a vine around the ankle...very unisex...but very sexy

Kimberly9310
03-17-2007, 10:47 AM
Hi Hun,
I have a red rose tat on my ankle and love it

Kristen Kelly
03-17-2007, 11:09 AM
When ever I wanted a tattoo did the transfer or henna ones, dress to much in male mode at work to not be problem if it were too femme, they are already talking about me be just 1 more thing for gossip

Lovely Rita
03-23-2007, 11:19 AM
my suggestion is out. I was thinking of a rose.

Bunny Love
04-25-2007, 12:24 AM
Go for it. My husband :love: (Barbara4242) has already told you about his tattoo on his ankle. I like it. To be honest he has me tattooed on his left thigh with my name under it. I always tell him he can never get rid of me b/c I'm tattooed on him permanently. I love his tattoos!!!! I'm too chicken to get one so I enjoy his.

To thine own self be true.

Shelly R
04-25-2007, 12:47 AM
Some great ideas for TATs. Mine is two cherries with leaves just above my right ankle. My ex bought it for me on my birthday two years ago. She knew I wanted it.
Go for it, never had any problems!

AllieSF
04-25-2007, 01:02 AM
Its a band of greenery with flowers -- and there is a break in the circle at one point with four Chinese symbols running perpendicular. The symbols stand for Inner Peace to be a Girl (or, it can also be translated to mean "feminine" or "female.").

I love that idea. Do you have a pic of that one and I hope you don't mind a little copyright infringement, or is that a trademark?.

Sheri 4242
04-25-2007, 01:51 AM
I love that idea. Do you have a pic of that one and I hope you don't mind a little copyright infringement, or is that a trademark?.

I'll get my wife to take a pic of it and send it to you -- probably tomorrow.