PDA

View Full Version : Ear piercing

jenna19
03-16-2007, 06:59 AM
I'm really contemplating getting my ears pierced and was wondering how many of you out there have both ears pierced? I don't have either ear pierced or any tattoos. I guess i'm just a throwback to the old days lol.

Paulacder
03-16-2007, 07:55 AM
Both ears pierced 3 weeks ago, wish I had it done a long time ago. One tatoo.......:D

LindaTS
03-16-2007, 09:10 AM
I had both of my ears pierced about 35 years ago. One of the best things I ever did. Oh yes, be prepared to spend lots of money on earrings :)

Bernadina
03-16-2007, 09:13 AM
Have had both ears pierced now for several years. No tats either. But do have a navel piercing.

Donna Marie
03-16-2007, 09:18 AM
I had both ears pierced about 7 years ago. Of course I then had to wear studs for quite a while to keep the holes open. That caused a few comments - several people asked why and looked at me a bit strangely, especially at my conservative church. Now I only wear really large femme hoops or dangles when I am en femme, and the studs are in the back of the drawer. I do still have to make sure to wear something every so often to make sure the holes stay open - small price to pay. I just couldn't STAND the clip-ons!!! I had it done in a mall shop and it was easy. Go for it!

Bobbi Lynn
03-16-2007, 11:22 AM
I have had both ears done for close to 20 years. I always wear some type of stud everyday. Wear larger dangley style when I have a chance to dress.

Daintre
03-16-2007, 11:58 AM
Both of my ears are double pierced, I have had many compliments on the earrings I have.

Pantyhose_R_fun
03-16-2007, 02:09 PM
I have both my ears pierced and go out in public EVERY day with silver loop earrings in, that are about the size of a nickel. I had them peirced before I was 18 and now am 25, I also had my cartlidge pierced on both ears but they got infected so I removed those.

Brianna Lovely
03-16-2007, 02:24 PM
Had oth ear lobes pierced in January this year and love it.

I wear my studs at night, to sleep with, and silver hoops during the day. For this weekend I got 2" green-day-glow hoops, yipee!

Vicky_Scot
03-16-2007, 03:02 PM
I got my left ear pierced about 23 years ago.

I finally did it 2 days ago and got my right ear pierced.

The only hurtful thing about getting it done was the difference in price now in getting one ear lobe pierced to the price it cost over 20 years ago.

I got it done at a body piercing studio with a needle this time unlike the gun system many many moons ago.

The woman said to leave the hoop in for 8 weeks before changing it.

Just in time for my next outing as Vicky and this time she will be wearing some nice matching earings.

ChanDelle
03-21-2007, 11:45 AM
I can't really say my ears are permanently pierced, but I keep the holes open enough to slip earrings through every week or so. I'm sure one day I'll say to hell with it and let them heal. I just love earrings, and the clip/screw ones just don't do the trick for me. Pierced ears look awesome!

marie354
03-21-2007, 11:53 AM
I had mine done mid-December of last year, and it's the best thing, period.
After the six-week healing period, out came the danglie earings. Woo Hoo!

There is a much larger selection for pierced ears. I want another set above the ones I have now. That way I can wear studs & danglies!

Peg
03-21-2007, 12:33 PM
Had mine pierced 5 weeks ago waiting for the 6 week heeling period and having a hard time waiting . got so many pairs to choose from . wife said we can share . can't wait for the fun to begin. Peg:happy:

paulaN
03-21-2007, 12:54 PM
My wife will not let me get mine done. But I'm worken on her.

geri
03-21-2007, 12:58 PM
paula,

why is your wife's reasoning? mine is the same way. it really upsets me that she can look pretty and i can't. bummer.

Danigyrl29
03-21-2007, 02:32 PM
My job will not allow me to do it. Policy- no jewelry while in uniform. Not to mention it would look silly...Wish I could

Charleen
03-21-2007, 03:08 PM
Got mine done in June and love it!! I wear a pair of gold filigree hoops at all times. Nothing has ever been said! Love and xxxx, Lily

sharon ball
03-21-2007, 04:00 PM
i'm 48 and drive a truck, i got mine done not long ago and love it.
go no ribbing from anyone at work at all.
it's not like in the 70's saying you are gay if you have your ears pierced.
don't worry about it. i'm glad i did. my wife says they look good.

Lissa Stevens
03-21-2007, 04:04 PM
I have both ears pierced but I don't wear the right one regularly only when enfemme.

MJ
03-21-2007, 07:36 PM
Have had both ears pierced now twice. studs in the top holes and hoops in the bottom

Mistress Frillee
03-21-2007, 07:39 PM
I had both my ears pierced years ago. Go for it! I wear diamond studs in both ears in guy mode in public all the time.

XDW Nathan-Natasha
03-21-2007, 08:05 PM
I don't have my ears pierced and I don't really know if I ever would. I may someday, off in the distant future. I've just never been big on wearing earrings, especially when I'm in guy mode. I might try clip-ons but I hear they can be a sore, pain in the butt (hopefully no one wears them there!) after a while. Who knows, maybe I'll fall in love with the idea someday, but for right now, I'm happy enough being ear hole free (well, additional ear hole free, I guess...).

DAVIDA
03-21-2007, 08:30 PM
Two holes in each ear for about 25 years now. I used to wear diamond studs every day even while working. I stopped due to the fact that I lost two studs at different times and Jean said I couldn't wear them to work anymore!:(

Jacqueline
03-21-2007, 09:12 PM
My left ear was pierced about 25 years ago, had the right one done last year.
much better now :-)

SandyR
03-21-2007, 09:36 PM
I shave my leggss.. and wear shorts...does that count. Maybe someday.....sigh!

Hugggss.....

SandyR

Jenna1561
03-21-2007, 10:14 PM
Both ears pierced last December, wish I'd gotten it done earlier.

Jenna

kimdresses
03-22-2007, 03:38 AM
Both ears pierced a while back. 6 on one side including the top and 3 on the other.

mithali
03-22-2007, 06:59 AM
i wont like to get my ears pierced...pains & also lots of questiones will be asked

Scrunchie-Bunchie
03-22-2007, 08:43 AM
Both of mine were pierced. They were off-and-on OK but they kept getting infected so in the end I stopped wearing earings while the infections cleared up. By the time that had happened they'd both closed up. I liked having them pierced though and might try for it again.

Lovely Rita
03-22-2007, 08:49 AM
I want to get mine pierced as well. I am tired of the clip ons. They actually hurt especially when they are large hoop ones.

Sinead2402
03-22-2007, 08:53 AM
I so wish that I could pierce my ears, I'm in the jewellery trade and have a pair of 3" gold hoops that I would so like to wear, have to content myself with clip ons.

Jamie001
03-22-2007, 11:33 AM
May I ask why you can't have pierced ears? A very large majority of men have them today. Especially in the jewelry trade it should not be a problem to have them. The only industry that I would see pierced ears being a problem is an ultra-conservative industry such as banking. Look at all of the athletes that wear two large diamond earrings. Earrings for men are now commonplace.

Regards,

Jamie :happy:

I so wish that I could pierce my ears, I'm in the jewellery trade and have a pair of 3" gold hoops that I would so like to wear, have to content myself with clip ons.

Sinead2402
03-22-2007, 12:36 PM
Hi Jamie001,
Fair point, the reasons that I have not had my ears pierced are that the guys who have are from a different generation to mine (I am 50), I cant think of any of my peers who have even one pierced ear, I do have nephews in the 20age group who wear one earring.
Also I think that my wife would diappprove.
Have to admit that in some ways I am a bit of a stick in the mud.

sixstringplayer_58
03-22-2007, 09:43 PM
My wife will not let me get mine done. But I'm worken on her.

i am not married but i use clip ons where i work there would be talk if i had mine pierced and most guys i work with wouldnt stop teasing me or asking why is there a hole in each ear hehehehe but hang in there GLENDA:love:

trannie T
03-22-2007, 09:51 PM
I have had several holes in each ear for a few years. I learned to follow the instructions I got with the piercing, when I didn't keep them clean and use the antiseptic they got infected; if I followed the instructions, no problems.

Gail Stauffer
03-22-2007, 09:55 PM
had mine done awhile back as well, couldn't resist the many cute styles of earrings I can wear when dressed!!

kerrianna
03-23-2007, 02:15 AM
sometime soon I hope...I used to wear jewellry all the time when I was a young long-haired hippie :D , then for some reason got really bland and boring. Bah! Back to the sparklies. :p Using clip-ons right now, but they hurt after awhile and the selection isn't as great (altho the clip adapters work with everything - just not as nice).

Sure glad I read about people's experience with infection - definitely want to be a good girl and look after them properly when I do get them done. :happy: