PDA

View Full Version : The adventure continues

TxKimberly
03-16-2007, 05:53 PM
So I had scheduled my job for two days with my customer as there often a lot of little things that go wrong and suck up the time, but everything went great and I finished in one day, so guess what I did today? <G>
Yup, had another Kim day! This time I went to the mall, and unlike my last mall adventure, this time I shopped dang it! I bought a knit coat that looks very elegant with just about any outfit. Had to stand in line behind a family of about 8 women and girls and I swear I'm not exaggerating. One girl kept glancing at me, but if she made me she didn't say anything to her family that I noted. I think one of the male clerks at a department store where I was looking at shoes might have made me - he looked straight at me but didn't offer to help or anything. Every female SA I encountered bent over backwards to help me and were very friendly.
I also got some powder that looks like a very close match for what I have been looking for. The only catch is that it is pressed powder and I prefer the loose. The other catch is that unlike the cover girl powder I'm trying to replace, this stuff was over $30! Ouch! Trying to be pretty aint cheap I tell ya'!
It took me about 3 minutes to figure out that 3.5 inch stilettos are NOT ideal for walking the mall so I went through a few shoe stores but didn't find anything I liked. My sandals are way cute and I'll stick with 'em even if they do hurt a bit to walk in!

Think I'm going to the movies tonight - see ya'!
Kim

marie354
03-16-2007, 06:38 PM
It'a people like you that give me strength. You go girl! :RND1:

melissacd
03-16-2007, 06:42 PM
You are my hero :)

jessicanataliemonroe
03-16-2007, 07:00 PM
Kimberly:
Thanks for the update. I am envious of your adventurous spirit. Looking forward to the next installment!:happy:

NatalieGirl
03-16-2007, 07:05 PM
Way to go Kim! Shop till ya drop!

XOXOXOXOXO

Natalie

Wenda
03-16-2007, 07:08 PM
Awesome! Congratulations on your adventure. (warning, I think some of my friends a couple hours west of you believe that there is an open season on CDs) All the best! w.

Holly
03-16-2007, 07:31 PM
Kim, you sound like yuou are beginning to enjoy this! :D

TxKimberly
03-16-2007, 07:47 PM
Got to the movie theater and the place was PACKED with teenagers. I'm getting more courageous, but that was a step too far - I chickened out. No way I was going to stand in a long line that zig zags back and forth and give all the young ones nothing better to do than look around and note the very tall woman with heavy makeup! Nope, couldn't do it - so I went shoe shopping again! ROFL Still didn't find anything I liked better than what I have. All I want is a pair of classy black boots to go under my long skirts - that's not asking so much is it?! Seems most of the boots I've seen are large and heavy, you know - like the combat boots I wore for 12 years. Yuck.

Kim

ronna
03-16-2007, 08:11 PM
You go, gurl, Kimberly!
Looks over comfort, style over courtesy.
Just keep up the great work!

Kristen Marie
03-16-2007, 10:05 PM
The adventures of Kim......love reading them because we can actually feel what you are going through. Way to go Kim!

CDTiffany
03-16-2007, 10:09 PM
HOW FUN!!!!!! KIM, What a fun time. I am Jealous!
You go girl!
XOXO Tiffany

Roxi Loh
03-16-2007, 10:23 PM
Kim, you look great and it sounds like you feel great...

KimberlyS
03-16-2007, 10:41 PM
Kim you go gurl.

Isn't just such fun to be out and just being.

Give Karren a run for something to keep up with.

KimberlyS-Cd

Brianna Lovely
03-17-2007, 03:12 AM
All I want is a pair of classy black boots to go under my long skirts - that's not asking so much is it?! Seems most of the boots I've seen are large and heavy, you know - like the combat boots I wore for 12 years. Yuck.
Kim

Heelllppp meee, helppp meee, as women's fashion fades into "Your mother wears combat boots" and it's true..............................

Looking at today's styles, I hate to say it, but they're becoming very drab. Jeans, ribbed tees and motorcycle boots, seem to be the norm.

jessicanataliemonroe
03-17-2007, 03:37 AM
Somehow, shoe shopping seems like a better option than a movie anyhow....

Sally24
03-17-2007, 06:59 AM
Kim, it's great that you are getting out more. I bet the new "look" is working pretty well for you! Have a great time!

Sally

RachelDenise
03-17-2007, 07:16 AM
Kim, I love the new look and I love hearing about your adventures!

Karren H
03-17-2007, 07:42 AM
You went to the mall in 3.5 inch stilettos??? Silly woman!! lol That's a dead give away every time.... Only crossdressers wear those to the mall.... I think it's posted in the fine print at the bottom of all the mall directoried...

hehehe

Love Karren

DawnL
03-17-2007, 07:53 AM
Kim, You keep goin' gurl. Love your adventures, gives us all hope.

GinaVegas
03-17-2007, 08:20 AM
Sounds like you had fun Kim!