PDA

View Full Version : Proper Fem. Introduction:

Paulacder
03-17-2007, 04:39 AM
This has bothered me for some time so I thought someone on this forum would know.
Question: When being introduced or introducing yourself while in fem. do you offer your hand and shake hands or just give a pleasent fem. smile and say Hi? In guy mode it's easy, just a hearty hand shake. But when dressed in fem. I have always offered my hand palm down and given a very soft shake with a smile. I was recently at a gathering and noticed that most women just give a smile and say Hi or say pleased to meet you. I don't know if this hand shake thing is for guys only and is something that should not be done while dressed in fem. You'r Thoughts Please.....+?

Kate Simmons
03-17-2007, 06:49 AM
It's okay to shake hands, Hon. As far as etiquitte, I believe the woman offers her hand first (I may be wrong on that). A smile will always work though and you can't go wrong with that. I've even had my hand kissed by some gentlemen and that puts me in a "cloud nine" state that is hard to describe, especially when it is a genuine expression on the part of the man.:happy:

Tamera
03-17-2007, 08:05 AM
I have been introduced and have seen other females being introduced.
It seems that the gesture can also be a "HUG" for introductions.
Love,
Tamera

Rachel Morley
03-17-2007, 11:02 AM
I have always offered my hand palm down and given a very soft shake with a smile.
This is what I do too. Everyone seems comfortable with it .... including me.

marie354
03-17-2007, 11:11 AM
When in formal dress I think that it's proper to offer your hand palm down, but for a casual meeting I think a smile and "Hi" or "Hello" is acceptable.

Now a woman shouldn't have to get up if she is sitting down either.

EricaCD
03-18-2007, 02:25 PM
In a professional context, or in a more formal social setting, it would probably be appropriate to shake hands on the initial introduction. In a more casual setting it would probably be a bit odd. Also, while men will usually shake hands at all subsequent encounters - except in the very most casual social settings - women need not do so outside a professional setting.

I am sure the Emily Post readers can give 100 corrections and enhancements to this...

Tina Dixon
03-18-2007, 02:35 PM
Being in the bussness world women shake hands all the time, so shake.

JoAnnDallas
03-19-2007, 09:23 AM
A women offering her hand at a intial meeting has been the correct thing to do for as long as I can remember. It even goes back hundreds of years. I noticed at the my first Tri-Ess meeting, it was hand shake all around. Now that I am not only a member, but been to a couple of meetins, greeting is a quick hug.

Lovely Rita
03-22-2007, 11:45 AM
Say hi and smile works for me.

vbcdgrl
03-22-2007, 03:27 PM
I thought hugs were the greeting of choice. I see lots of women, and some guys, hugging.

Vikki

RobertaFermina
03-22-2007, 03:36 PM
I don't think about it, dear.

I will offer my hand palm down, or half-down, or smile, or hug (with or without air-kisses), all depending on circumstances.

If a close friend introduces me to their close friend, I tend toward a hug and an air-kiss. If I am meeting someone with no prior relationship, or mediating relationship, I tend toward the simple smile and how-do-you-do?

Of course, if someone is just plain cute or handsome, I might behave in an unpredictable manner!

I trust my instincts....watch other girls and women, and let your instincts develop !

:rose: Roberta :rose:

Sally24
03-22-2007, 06:52 PM
An arm or shoulder touch can be appropriate too. Usually with people you have already met. Woman are very tactile and like to touch things. I used to drive my son wild in clothing store because I would grab and feel all the fabrics as we walked by the clothes, both men and womens clothes.

Sally

Angie G
03-22-2007, 07:30 PM
I think a hand shake fof the 1st meeting after that a light hug :hugs:
Angie

linnea
03-22-2007, 07:34 PM
In a professional context, or in a more formal social setting, it would probably be appropriate to shake hands on the initial introduction. In a more casual setting it would probably be a bit odd. Also, while men will usually shake hands at all subsequent encounters - except in the very most casual social settings - women need not do so outside a professional setting.

I am sure the Emily Post readers can give 100 corrections and enhancements to this...

Emily Post would be in accord with most of this. In general, a woman offers her hand if she wishes; if she doesn't, no handshaking occurs. Woman to woman, this is determined traditionally by the older or oldest woman present, but it's fairly formal. In any case, offering one's fem hand, palm down, and giving a soft handshake is acceptable (handshaking is not the exclusive activity of men). A smile and simple greeting (hi or hello) is also acceptable in informal situations.

ArleneRaquel
03-22-2007, 09:51 PM
When greeting someone while I am EnFemme I smile and say " hi ", if we have previously meet I will give a hug, if I feel the person is willing to accept. Just this evening I visited a lounge, something I seldom do alone, and by chance meet some people I knew and gave all three ( two men, 1 lady ) a peck on the cheek. I was EnFemme wearing more perfume and jewelry than usual. I guess I went out alone because I needed ( wanted ) to meet some new people, I did but I still made it an early evening. I walked home. in my mini and received a numbers of honks from passing automobiles, that ALWAYS makes this girl feel good. :love: & :hugs: Trina - Smelling Like a Rose