PDA

View Full Version : how do you find the nerve

cd_elsie
03-17-2007, 06:14 AM
I would love to dress and present my self as the girl i think i was born as. It's just the way i was raised prevents me from doing this. I know I'm a male and I would never do any thing to change that- but I love the way Female clothes fit and feel. (Not to mention the wide variaty styles)

Alyshia121
03-17-2007, 06:25 AM
You'll find the nerve if you want to, but it's really not something you can rush. I've been CD since I was 10 or 12 and have only been out twice on halloween and three times on a drive when it was really dark. It's not something you can force, it just has to come naturally. Plenty of times I thought it was stupid to "get out," but it means so much more than that. It means you're not ashamed to admit who you are, and that's something very powerful.

Kate Simmons
03-17-2007, 06:30 AM
Well, Elsie, it has nothing to do with courage or nerve with me, rather gall. Just try and tell me I can't dress and I'll do it all the more. You have to know me though. Salandra can be very sweet but she also has the attitude and mindset of a Klingon woman.;) :battingeyelashes:

Kristen Kelly
03-17-2007, 06:53 AM
Takes a little nerve the first time but is it worth it, been out as Kristen in the public for 18 months and it has only gotten better. I go out in the daytime and am total comfortable being out enfem anywhere I go. I still may get some looks but it’s your confidence when out that makes all the difference, if you act like you belong there you draw less attention.
Take hold of that door knob give it a turn place one foot in front of the other and step out that door you will never want to go back in the closet.

az_azeel
03-17-2007, 08:08 PM
I have never been or ever will go out dressed.... I just enjoy the feel of the clothes....

susie evans
03-17-2007, 09:06 PM
it's a personal choice some do and some don't like many others i hid in the closet for a long time and when i finaly went out there is no turning back now i enjoy the best of both worlds way to much :heehee: :heehee:

susie

Billijo49504
03-17-2007, 09:24 PM
Hi Elsie, Welcome to the family. As this is more like a big family, than just a group of individuals. They will support you any way they can, and they won't put you down for going slow. So you enjoy your crossdressing at your own pace and we'll be here for you.....BJ

SandyR
03-17-2007, 09:46 PM
For me the biggest challange was to "tone things down a bit". I love the high heels, short skirts, but to go out you need to draw as little attention as possible. I have been in bars dressed in short skirts, heels, and all but really had to be careful to find my little spots to hang.

Bottom line, play it safe at first.

Its all about having fun!

Huggggsss......

SandyR

GypsyKaren
03-17-2007, 10:00 PM
I've been full time for almost a year now, and I can tell you that the first time out is hard, but not as hard as you think, and it gets easier everytime until you don't give it a second thought. I go everywhere and anywhere, and I've never had any problems.

That being said, going out isn't for everybody, and there's nothing wrong if you never do it. It doesn't make you any less trans, or any less of a person, so just do whatever makes you feel comfortable and enjoy life.

Karen

btmgrl6
03-18-2007, 02:20 AM
Hi Elsie..
Welcome. I've out for a couple of years now, and have been living full time as a girl for about one year.I'll never go back. What an awesome feeling of freedom..once you get used to doing it. The first time is really scary,maybe the first few times.:heehee:
take your time. have fun,and be careful.

Steph

Joy Carter
03-18-2007, 02:41 AM
I've been out four times so far and I just gets to be more easier every time. It's mostly your fear Hun, that holds you back. I have a gal-pal so that made my confidence that much better. Now I feel rather comfortable in who I am.

noname
03-18-2007, 02:49 AM
I would love to dress and present my self as the girl i think i was born as. It's just the way i was raised prevents me from doing this. I know I'm a male and I would never do any thing to change that- but I love the way Female clothes fit and feel. (Not to mention the wide variaty styles)

I never present myself as a female, but I do wear what I want. So, how do you get the nerve? Myself, I saw that GG wear whatever they want, any color, any style. So I ask myself, why should I be denied the same privliages they enjoy each day? I shouldn't be, I'm not a second class citizen.

joaniieann
03-18-2007, 02:53 AM
I went out for the first time recently. Walked through the hotel lobby. No one cared or paid any attention. I loved it.

melissacd
03-18-2007, 03:36 AM
You get the nerve by doing it. The more positive experiences that you have the more confident you become.

aka.laura
03-18-2007, 04:00 AM
Hi Elsie. Dont' rush things. You don't have to go out, dress up at home first. And when you go out, you can start with wearing womens trousers, not too feminine blouses, little makeup. Go out where people don't know you. Get used to it and you'll find out that most people don't notice or don't care :D

Daintre
03-18-2007, 09:01 AM
I am content to be my female self in the safety of my apt. I have been out a few times and although it was a bit scary, the experience was wonderful. I have retreated into the apt because of health issues and as I said am now content to dress here.

Casey Morgan
03-18-2007, 04:18 PM
I would love to dress and present my self as the girl i think i was born as. It's just the way i was raised prevents me from doing this.

Fortunately we can overcome our raising (is that a word?). If you decide to live as the woman you are then you can find a way to do that, upbringing or no. And if you choose not to live that way, that's fine too. The thing to understand is you DO have a choice. Your upbringing shouldn't make that choice for you.

I know I'm a male and I would never do any thing to change that- but I love the way Female clothes fit and feel. (Not to mention the wide variaty styles)

I'm assuming by male you mean your sex is male. For most people that's an undisputable fact. But it doesn't necessarily mean your gender is male. And I choose to live as my gender rather than my sex. But there too, that's my choice.

I'm not trying to tell you what choices to make. I'm just saying that you have choices, and whatever you choose to do, including dressing and presenting as a man, should be because you choose to do that, not because your upbringing dictates that. :)

Karren H
03-18-2007, 04:31 PM
Practice, practice, practice.....

Karren

Jodi Lynn
03-18-2007, 04:38 PM
Hello Elsie and welcome to our family,
It takes time to go out, myself I never though I would be able to get out as Jodi, but with the encourgaement of other cd's like the ones here I did it. I went out to a local gay/TG club with some other girls that I had met in a chat room and had a great time. So just take your time and get ready for your big day.

TxKimberly
03-18-2007, 06:22 PM

Practice, practice, practice Elsie. It gets easier every time you try it. I recall in my late 20s early 30s sneaking hotel doors open, taking two or three steps outside, and then running like hell to get back in the room if I thought someone was coming. The whole time my heart would be pounding so hard I was sure everyone could hear it. Today it STILL makes me anxious but nothing like those days.
Kim

PS - DOH! I should learn to read all the responses before writing one! I see Karen said pretty much the same thing! lol

Kate Simmons
03-19-2007, 02:26 AM
That's okay Kim, repetition for emphasis. The word "practice" is kind of a misnomer to me though. I really don't need any more practice, I just am and just do it. It just becomes easier by doing.:happy:

Lovely Rita
03-22-2007, 11:51 AM
Courage can be built up. I know what you mean though.

gennee
03-22-2007, 12:29 PM
I go out whenever I feel that I want to. I wish that I could do it more often but I appreciate the times that I do.

Gennee

:gorgeous:

JoAnnDallas
03-22-2007, 12:39 PM
for many years, I would only go out late at night. Then in 2005, I came to Dallas and until wife came 4 months later, I started going out in the daylight en fem. I remember the first time. I was staying with my sister and her house is on a corner. I got all dressed up in panties, pantyhose, bra. forms, slip, dress, 2" heels, wig, makeup, painted toes and nails, purse, and jewelery. I walked out the back door, out the back fence, down the driveway to the sidewalk. Up the sidewalk to the cornor, around the corner, up the front walk, to the walkway that leads to the front door. Up that walk to the front door and into the house. The whole time my heart was racing and felt like it was in my mouth. I was hyper-ventilating too. Once I got in the front door, I stood there for a few moments and relized that I had done it. Gone out in the daylight all dressed up. The next day I did the same again. This time when I got to the front yard area, a car came down the street toward me. I just looked striaght ahead and it passed me and went on. I realized then that another person had seen me out en fem and nothing bad happen. From that point on I started going out more and more. Soon going out was fun and my heartrate returned to normal.

Shecil
03-22-2007, 12:45 PM
Ive got the same problem. once i got as far as the end of my road on a lil car trip. its not realy that brave becouse i live on a dirt road and only two houses on it. even thoe I live in the country with no one being able to se my house and i know id be safe. somthing stops me every time.
if you figgure it out please let me know love.
Se Ya
Shecil